Senate Impeachment Trial Thread.

All I have to say, is how can The Democrats repeat the same material for three straight days that they could all say in about a single hour?

This has got to be the worst case I have ever seen and the absolute worst television programming.

It's all hearsay and opinion and 2nd, 3rd and 4th hand information.
If Adam Schiff was a pastor, nobody would show up for church on Sunday.

All I have to say, is how can The Democrats repeat the same material for three straight days that they could all say in about a single hour?

This has got to be the worst case I have ever seen and the absolute worst television programming.

It's all hearsay and opinion and 2nd, 3rd and 4th hand information.
Devil Worshipers and Communists would.

I think you would be surprised.

What started out as emotionally-manipulated / elevated butt-hurt over losing an election has evolved into a 'cult' for some, one that has taken over / replaced sanity and reality.

For example, when someone can watch a videotape and see / hear someone admit to committing a crime then in the next second declare 'This did not happen' then the individual who just watched with their own eyes and heard the confession with their own ears have lost control of their own objectivity and ability to accept reality.

They begin buying 'up' is 'down', 'down' is 'up', hot' is 'cold', 'cold' is 'hot'...whatever they are told.

Schiff is one of the Grand Leaders of this Kabuki Theater Political Leftist Cult, and he DOES have a following.

Jonathan Turley said this morning that the impeachment of Trump will go down in history as the biggest political blunder in our nations history...

'Closing Arguments'? (We could only be so lucky....)

Dem accuses Trump of inserting ‘politics’ into ‘matters of war’

1. Schiff said it, 'Truth Matters'
  • Evidence shows the Ukraine prosecutor opened up an investigation BEFORE the President's & Ukraine PM's phone call
  • The President, Ukraine PM, and phone call transcript all destroy the Democrats' false claims. The Democrats presented no evidence or witness who could prove otherwise
  • Unlike how Obama withheld lethal aid Ukraine needed to defend itself from Russia's invasion, Ukraine received its aid
2. Zero Evidence Doesn't Beat Videotaped Confessions

Joe Biden confessed on videotape to extorting the previous Ukraine PM and implicated President Obama as directing / authorizing Biden, who Obama made his 'Point Man' on Ukraine, to withhold the money unless the Ukraine PM agreed to fire the Prosecutor. Democrat House Impeachment Manager Nadler confirmed this before the Senate 2 nights ago, declaring Biden went to Ukraine as part of Obama's Foreign Policy and 'PRESSURED' the Ukraine PM to fire his top prosecutor.

3. A Promise Made, A Promise Kept, A Promise Ignored

PROMISE MADE:
In 2012 President Obama was caught on what he believed to be a microphone that was turned 'off' telling Putin-Puppet Medvedev, who was keeping Vlad's seat warm, to pass on to Putin that he - Obama - would be more 'flexible' after he won his mid-term election.

PROMISE KEPT:
In 2014 Barry gave Putin / Russia uranium, CRIMEA, and 2 years of un-challenged attempts to hack out power grid, attempts to hack servers / e-mails of top US politicians / officials, Counter-Intelligence Operations using social media that successfully got snowflakes to organize and march for them, and successfully got leftist extremist groups - that included Antifa, BLM, and the Black Fist - to take Russian cash in exchange for spreading racial division and violence in the US.

- Along with extorting the previous Ukraine PM, Obama denied Ukraine LETHAL MILITARY aid required to defend itself from Putin's invasion and annexation of Crimea. Without those weapons Putin's army strolled into Crimea without having to worry about lethal opposition from Ukraine.

Biden's son was working as a board member for a known corrupt Ukraine energy company, owned by a notoriously corrupt Ukraine businessman who had worked with Putin in the past and stood to make a fortune when Russia annexed Crimea, putting a boot on the throats of energy-dependent Europe...to include out allies.

Hunter Biden gave Burisma access to the VP (as seen in the photos of Bien playing golf with Hunter and other Burisma Board Members). During House Impeachment hearings the State Dept rep testified that he had warned Biden about the Conflict of Interest this cause but that Biden ignored those warnings.

PROMISE IGNORED:
The 2012 promise made by Barry to Putin through Medvedev was not on anyone's mind....no one who mattered...when Barry denied Ukraine Lethal Military aid....The firing of the Ukraine prosecutor protected Hunter, Joe and Hunter collected cash from Burisma (as did Schiff), Burisma's owner's investigation was dropped....Barry was able to again prove how 'flexible' he was to Putin & Burisma's owner / the company began doing business with Russian-associated energy businesses in Crimea after annexation.

There are those who could / would argue that Obama prevented a war by screwing Ukraine and keeping his promise to Putin...'those' would be the people involved (Barry, the Bidens, Schiff, etc...) Democrats and snowflakes...

Jonathan Turley said this morning that the impeachment of Trump will go down in history as the biggest political blunder in our nations history...
'Blunder'?

How about 'SCANDAL'....'SCAM'....OR 'POLITICAL TREASON'?!

So three straight days of “we feel wronged therefore we are wronged” has grown repetitive. Absent any new material, when do Fact oriented republicans begin to cut into this whining morass?

Turning to today's action in the Senate trial, the Dem House managers are expected to talk about the 'Obstruction of Congress' Article of Impeachment, which I think has no legs at all to stand on. Had they voted on the Inquiry to begin with and subpoenaed Trump for related documents and testimony from key witnesses and then challenged his claim for executive privilege in the courts and won, and THEN he wouldn't comply then they would I think have a case for this article. But as it is, I think it's garbage. They didn't do any of that stuff, saying they didn't have the time to waste cuz Trump was too dangerous to our democracy and our free and fair elections. And then they sat on those Articles of Impeachment for almost a month, thus giving the lie to all that blathering.

I wonder if they'll take all day on this, it's gotta be a tough sell IMHO. Plus, they're boring as hell.

When Nixon tried to withhold evidence from Congress using the Executive privilege argument, he lost the court challenge by a unanimous decision. The courts have repeatedly upheld Congress authority of oversight. This is a settled issue.

Trump has no valid legal basis for blocking witnesses or withholding information. His claim of executive privilege is frivolous - and his lawyers know it.

Trump is tried to force Congress to go to court only as a stalling tactic.

If congress had gone to court and won, and then if he continued to block and withhold, he could be charged additionally with contempt of court. However, since there is no constitutional remedy for a President being charged with contempt of court, it would be moot.

The only correct way to deal with this is to not let him use the courts as a stalling tactic and to impeach him.

No.

I'M SORRY. With all this talk of impeaching Trump because he was investigating a POLITICAL OPPONENT, and asking a foreign interest to tamper with our elections, I've forgotten:

1. Fusion GPS was hired in late 2015 to investigate candidate Donald Trump.
  2. In the Spring of 2016, investigation of political opponent Donald Trump was taken over by Hillary Clinton and the DNC.
  3. In June of 2016, they brought on board Chris Steele, a former British intelligence officer with the Secret Intelligence Service MI6 who ran the Russia desk at MI6 headquarters to continue investigating political opponent Trump.
  4. And from there to the election, Steele was working directly with the FBI.
Now tell me again, WHY didn't any of this ever raise any red flags, get investigated by the Congress, or fall under the heading of a political party or candidate trying to harm a political opponent to gain an election advantage using foreign influence????

:1peleas: :bsflag: :no_text11: :oops8: :no_text11: :bsflag: :1peleas:

Laws do not apply to Democratics.

If a judge agreed with a criminal defendant to prohibit evidence and witnesses before trial, the judge would be taken out in handcuffs.

Because the evidence is hearsay and deep state driven opinion/conjecture.

Trump incriminated himself. This is a quote directly from the July 25 phone call, and it comes soon after Trump said, “I would like you to do us a favor, though.” That statement comes right after Zelensky expressed interest in buying Javelin missiles. This is what Trump said.

Good because I· heard you had a prosecutor who· was very good and he was shut down and that's really unfair. A lot of people are talking about that, the way they shut your very good prosecutor down and you had some very bad people involved. Mr. Giuliani is a highly respected man. He was the mayor bf New York City, a great mayor, and I would like him to call you. I will ask him to call you along with the Attorney General.· :Rudy very much knows what's happening and he is a very capable guy. If you could speak to him that would be great. The former ambassador from the United States,· the woman., was bad news and the people she was dealing with in.the Ukraine.were bad news so I jtist want to_let you know that. The other thing, there's a lot of.talk about Biden's son,. that Biden stopped the prosecution and a lot of people want to find out about that so whatever you can do with the Attorney General would be great.Biden went around bragging that he stopped the prosecution so if you ·can look into it ... It sounds horrible to me.

Trump's chief of staff admitted to quid pro quo.

“What you’re describing is a quid pro quo,” asserted the reporter. “We do that all the time,” replied Mulvaney. “Did he also mention to me the corruption related to the DNC server? Absolutely. No question about it. But that’s it. That’s why we held up the money … I have news for everybody: Get over it. There’s going to be political influence in foreign policy.” ‘We Do That All the Time, Get Over It.’ Mulvaney Boasts About Ukraine Plot

After the July 25 phone call with Zelensky, as he usually does, Trump doubled down by asking again for foreign intervention in our elections. On Oct. 3, in a news conference on the White House lawn, he called on Ukraine and China to look into his chief rival's affairs, Joe Biden.

“If they were honest about it, they would start a major investigation into the Bidens,” Trump said when asked what he wanted Ukraine President Volodymyr Zelensky to do about the former veep and his son.

“They should investigate the Bidens,” Trump said. “Likewise, China should start an investigation into the Bidens, because what happened in China is just about as bad as what happened with Ukraine.”

Trump says China should investigate the Bidens, doubles down on Ukraine probe

Trump dangled a White House visit for Zelensky if he announced an investigation into Trump's chief rival, Joe Biden.

Trump hosted Russian Foreign Minister Sergey Lavrov at the White House on May 10, 2017. In addition to Lavrov, Trump shook hands with Russia's ambassador to the U.S., Sergey Kislyak.

Trump met with Russia’s top diplomat, Russian Foreign Minister Sergei Lavrov, in the Oval Office on Dec. 10, 2019.

Trump has met with the foreign minister of a hostile government twice at the White House. The hostile government is an aggressor nation, Russia, that is at war with Ukraine and annexed a part of that country, Crimea, in 2014.

Trump met with Vladimir Putin on June 2, 2019.

Trump has never had a White House meeting with the representatives of our ally, Ukraine.

What does that say about Trump?

Nothing more than what it says about the topic. Did you just want to complain about Trump?

If a judge agreed with a criminal defendant to prohibit evidence and witnesses before trial, the judge would be taken out in handcuffs.
And after the evidence has been presented by the prosecution, the defense does not have to present More that furthers the Prosecutions contentions. That is what Democrats are seeking. No judge would be led nowhere.

It dawned on me this afternoon as I watched...the vast majority of the time the House Impeachment Managers are TESTIFYING.

They are telling their NARRATIVE with little to no evidence (which they made clear in the House they don't have).

And after the evidence has been presented by the prosecution, the defense does not have to present More that furthers the Prosecutions contentions. That is what Democrats are seeking. No judge would be led nowhere.
The WH Counsel can't wait to testify. So many lies have been told by the House Coup Managers the WH Counsel wants to point out...They don't just want to present their case - they want to destroy these liars / traitors.

If the Dimms get witnesses, this shampeachment trial is gonna continue for another 5-6 months.
The Democrats don't want any witnesses. To push the issue and demand witnesses will be to offer up Schiff, Nadler, Hunter Biden, and Joe Biden up on a silver platter...

Forum List

Back