Should Churches be forced to accomodate for homosexual weddings?

Should places of worship be required to hold gay weddings

• Yes, Denmark does it, the Scandinavians are enlightened

Votes: 17 7.0%
  • No, I THOUGHT this was AMERICA

Votes: 198 81.8%
  • You are a baby brains without a formed opinion

Votes: 5 2.1%
  • Other, explain

Votes: 22 9.1%

• Total voters
Its simply amazing that SeaBytch believes that people who should not be able to tell others who they may marry should be able to be told who they have to do business with.

Simply amazing. Proves she doesn't give one shit about freedom. She cares about gays getting their way PERIOD.

Oh look, I have a stalker. How cute.

I care about equality. Public Accommodation laws protect you, a Christian, in all 50 states. Those same laws protect gays in a handful. Wah.

That's irrelevant stupid. I don't want other people being told by the government that they have to do business with me, because there is NO Constitutional authority for them to do so.

Just like there is no Constitutional authority for them to tell you fags you can't marry.

It's quite relevant. I have to serve you in all 50 states but you want to cry like a bitch because you have to serve me in a small handful. Boo freaking Hoo.

Black Panthers, Boy Scouts and Girl Scouts are all private organizations- not public accomodations- and not subject to public accomodation laws.
Churches, synogogues, mosques, temples are all 'churches'- and not subject to public accomadation laws.

Business's however are subject to the laws of their jurisidiction- local, state, federal.

Don't like the public accomadation laws- go ahead and change them.

Correct, and yet a faggot sued them to be readmitted as a leader anyway. Proving that faggots will sue organizations which are legally able to discriminate against them. Making it a tiny step to faggots suing churches to "marry" them, rather than the giant leap some of you pretend it is.

Yep- its the old 'slipper slope' argument- last refuge of those who can't come up with anything else.

And by the way once again- since it is so timely

Faggot....n*gger....k*ke....c*nt....sp*c....

All the same kinds of words, used by the same kinds of people for the same reason.
You forgot "homophobe", you Christophobic bigoted cocksucker.

Feel free to start your own list. If you think calling someone a homophobe because they hate homosexuals and want to be able to discriminate against them is the same as calling someone a 'f*ggot' because they happen to be attracted to the same sex- go for it.

I am not free from criticism, nor do I pretend I should be.
You hate Christians. Hypocrite.

LOL....believe what you want.

But I don't live in a world of hate like the homophobes do. I don't hate anyone.

Not even homophobic bigots who hate homosexuals.

LOL. Next thing you'll tell me is queers aren't deliberately targeting Christian businesses.

Right. It's choreographed for sure. That's why whenever one of the LGBT cultees spouts about "how there's not been one church sued under public accomodation for not performing gay marriages" I always answer "Not yet". Because we all know it's coming...

Well if you know 'its coming' we can be fairly certain it won't happen. Your record of 'success' on predictions speaks for itself.

No one has sued a church demanding that they allow Jews to be married there, or sued a church demanding that a Baptist Church allow a Mormon to be married there, or sued a church to demand that they allow blacks to marry there.

That is because the only one who claim churches will be sued are homophobes who don't want homosexuals to be married by anyone- anywhere.

So they try to scare people.

wrong

I think fags should able to marry whomever they wish.I also know that many fags are assholes like SeaBytch and they WILL sue churches, just to be assholes.

It WILL happen, maybe not today maybe not tomorrow, but eventually some asshole queer will sue a church.

After all, if they weren't assholes, they'd just move on down the street when one baker said "I can't support gay "marriage" , sorry"

They won't win. Anyone can sue...they will get laughed out of court.

If you live in a small town, everyone knows your business. You don't have to tell anyone, they know.

The gay couple asked for a wedding cake. The business sells wedding cakes. All they had to do was sell the cake and they chose not to, which violated the state's public accommodation laws. You don't get to pull the religion card when you want to discriminate against a group of people.

Nobody has "hijacked" marriage, for pity sake. Civil marriage exists in this country and it does a lot of things for couples. You wouldn't deny a gay person a driver's license because they are gay, why would you deny a marriage license issued by the same authority?

Yes...until about a decade ago, marriage has been "just for straights" ...but at the time of the founding, voting was only for rich white men. Should it have stayed that way just because that's the way it was at the founding? "Tradition" said that blacks couldn't marry whites until about 50 years ago. Guess that is a tradition that should have stood as well in your book?
You see, you can't speak without pulling the civil right card in which wasn't originally intended to cover all these things, but you as a group have figured it all out upon how to use a card to cover your movement also haven't you? The cake baker wasn't just asked to bake a wedding cake, but was instead asked to bake a customized cake for a gay couple, in which undoubtedly was a foreign concept to the baker, because he hadn't been tested to go against his faith and beliefs that counter such things in his life I would imagine, so instead of the gay respecting his religious view on life, he instead would rather the baker be shut down and ran out of town on a rail, and so I ask you where does it all stop on trying to destroy the Christians in this nation, and where does respect return for each others beliefs in this nation again? It doesn't, and so there will always be winners and losers in these things, and depending on who runs the government I guess will determine such things in the future.

No, it was not a customized cake, it was a wedding cake out of a catalog of wedding cakes. If it had been an item the baker did not bake, there would have been no lawsuit. Seriously, turn off Rush or Hannity or whoever and read something, I beg you.
And so you think that the gay in no way alerted the baker as to who or what the cake was being created for ? I mean even if it were in a book, it still had to be customized to fit the occasion because the baker didn't make wedding cakes for gay's.

Of course they did...just by walking in and ordering a wedding cake. They were a gay couple ordering a wedding cake just like a straight couple. The only difference in the transaction was the people, not the cake...hence the discrimination and the lawsuit. They broke the law.

The cake is just a cake it was the people ordering that the baker objected to, which was a violation of the law.
Do you have the transcript of the lawsuit and/or the event as it is told by both sides, because I would sure like to know if your assertions are true or not. I mean were you there, and do you know that this is what happened exactly between them all or did you read this somewhere ? How were the two acting while in the shop ? Were they taunting the baker with their actions, and therefore causing the baker to pull his beliefs and moral standards out on them, and this in order to deprive them of the service in which they had required of the baker, and in which are standards that are based upon the beliefs and standards that the baker lived by?

I mean isn't there are all sorts of lead ways in the laws that go on between a business giving their services willingly or even in denying their services based upon the rules set forth by a business owner (shoes and shirt required or no service), and upon the attitudes that causes gaps to form between a person or persons that are doing business together or to even be ousted from a business if necessary when things don't work out between all parties involved ? I mean this happens all the time doesn't it ? Otherwise a business if things go wrong will not be doing business with the person or persons anymore by it's choosing right, and this if it is the persons fault that things went wrong and not the business owners fault instead ? If I go into a business, and I think that can conduct myself in anyway that I want to or if I demand from that business anything that I want, then does the business have any rights to deny me their service if I am unreasonable in my demands or if my actions go against everything that a citizen and/or business owner doth believe in ? If the owner thinks that I am offensive or belligerent as a customer, then does that business have any rights in America any longer to deny me their services ? The window once believed in within America, is closing faster than a speeding bullet now, and the box is getting smaller and smaller that the American people are being placed into. I guess it all comes down to who is getting into the box, the believers or the attackers of the believers in this nation ? If the government has anything to do with it, it will be the Christians who will be forced into the box, so get ready Christians because their coming for you now.

They ordered a cake. If it had been an item the business didn't provide, there would have been no lawsuit.

You see, you can't speak without pulling the civil right card in which wasn't originally intended to cover all these things, but you as a group have figured it all out upon how to use a card to cover your movement also haven't you? The cake baker wasn't just asked to bake a wedding cake, but was instead asked to bake a customized cake for a gay couple, in which undoubtedly was a foreign concept to the baker, because he hadn't been tested to go against his faith and beliefs that counter such things in his life I would imagine, so instead of the gay respecting his religious view on life, he instead would rather the baker be shut down and ran out of town on a rail, and so I ask you where does it all stop on trying to destroy the Christians in this nation, and where does respect return for each others beliefs in this nation again? It doesn't, and so there will always be winners and losers in these things, and depending on who runs the government I guess will determine such things in the future.

No, it was not a customized cake, it was a wedding cake out of a catalog of wedding cakes. If it had been an item the baker did not bake, there would have been no lawsuit. Seriously, turn off Rush or Hannity or whoever and read something, I beg you.
And so you think that the gay in no way alerted the baker as to who or what the cake was being created for ? I mean even if it were in a book, it still had to be customized to fit the occasion because the baker didn't make wedding cakes for gay's.

Of course they did...just by walking in and ordering a wedding cake. They were a gay couple ordering a wedding cake just like a straight couple. The only difference in the transaction was the people, not the cake...hence the discrimination and the lawsuit. They broke the law.

The cake is just a cake it was the people ordering that the baker objected to, which was a violation of the law.
Do you have the transcript of the lawsuit and/or the event as it is told by both sides, because I would sure like to know if your assertions are true or not. I mean were you there, and do you know that this is what happened exactly between them all or did you read this somewhere ? How were the two acting while in the shop ? Were they taunting the baker with their actions, and therefore causing the baker to pull his beliefs and moral standards out on them, and this in order to deprive them of the service in which they had required of the baker, and in which are standards that are based upon the beliefs and standards that the baker lived by?

I mean isn't there are all sorts of lead ways in the laws that go on between a business giving their services willingly or even in denying their services based upon the rules set forth by a business owner (shoes and shirt required or no service), and upon the attitudes that causes gaps to form between a person or persons that are doing business together or to even be ousted from a business if necessary when things don't work out between all parties involved ? I mean this happens all the time doesn't it ? Otherwise a business if things go wrong will not be doing business with the person or persons anymore by it's choosing right, and this if it is the persons fault that things went wrong and not the business owners fault instead ? If I go into a business, and I think that can conduct myself in anyway that I want to or if I demand from that business anything that I want, then does the business have any rights to deny me their service if I am unreasonable in my demands or if my actions go against everything that a citizen and/or business owner doth believe in ? If the owner thinks that I am offensive or belligerent as a customer, then does that business have any rights in America any longer to deny me their services ? The window once believed in within America, is closing faster than a speeding bullet now, and the box is getting smaller and smaller that the American people are being placed into. I guess it all comes down to who is getting into the box, the believers or the attackers of the believers in this nation ? If the government has anything to do with it, it will be the Christians who will be forced into the box, so get ready Christians because their coming for you now.

SeaBytch doesn''t care about right and wrong only about getting what SHE wants.

Oh the irony. It's beagle that is misrepresenting the facts. There was no special order. The couple ordered a wedding cake, period.

It's about submission. The queers want Christians to shut up.

Seems Christians can't handle criticism much then.

Christians of course want homosexuals to shut up.

And by 'Christians' I mean only 'homophobes who claim to be Christians and just use that as an excuse to complain about homosexuals'.

I don't care if they marry, and I want them to shut up. Just freaking get married already.

And by 'Christians' I mean only 'homophobes who claim to be Christians and just use that as an excuse to complain about homosexuals'.
The Christian scriptures condemn homosexuality. Jesus said marriage is a man and a woman. Jesus was a homophobic bigot. Right?

They ordered a cake. If it had been an item the business didn't provide, there would have been no lawsuit.

You're ignoring, on purpose, the point. Why be a child? Why not just go elsewhere?

No!!!

The Black Panthers don't allow whites.
The Boy Scouts don't allow girls.
The Girl Scouts don't allow boys.
Christian churches don't participate in anti-biblical activities.

Learn the difference between a private club and a place of business.

You're ignoring, on purpose, the point. Why be a child? Why not just go elsewhere?

I'm stating the facts, not homophobic hyperbole.

No!!!

A private club IS a place of business you idiot.

But, since you brought it up, please give the legal reason you differentiate between a "private club " and a business in regards to the unconstitutional public accommodation laws.

The next fact you state

will be the first

Once again you demonize and call names. That's not "criticism". You don't get it.

All depends on who interprets the laws then doesn't it, because right now gay's are interpreting the laws to mean that a Christian Cake Baker has to bake a customized wedding cake for a Gay couple, and you know what ? No one saw that one coming either. The feds and it's cronyism for whom run the feds, well if they are looking for constituencies for new voting blocks to draw from, then you will see many issues stretched beyond ones imagination in this nation because no one rides for free, and if you think that is a lie, then just take a look backwards and you will see what goes on in it all. People/huge groups are selling their votes to the feds, but it's all for something in return, and they know it, we know it, and everyone knows it now. Sil is right when she says "maybe not yet", but stay tuned.

The states where those bakers reside have PA laws that include gays. If you open a public business in one of those states you can't refuse service on that basis. The people that "didn't see this coming" we're ignorant of the law in their states. These laws need to be scrapped almost entirely in my opinion. The free market will decide if they should remain open or not if they refuse to serve X members of society.

It's easy for people to say "let the free market decide" when they live in an area with an actual market. There is one Septic Service that operates in my area. What if he chooses not to do business with me? There is one store within 20 miles of my house, a small local market. If I need formula for my baby, am I supposed to drive 60 miles in the middle of the night because they won't sell me food? Maybe gays can just grow their own food like this guy suggests...

Washington State Staffer: Gay People Should 'Just Grow Their Own Food' To Deal With Discrimination
The big difference in you needing what you described, is that you don't have to run in and tell anyone about yourself in order to get those things that you described, but in the case of asking a cake baker to bake a specific customized cake for a gay couple, and this upon their request is another issue altogether. I mean what if that request is found going against the cake bakers religious values and morals on such a thing for which he believes in ? I'd say that Houston we have a unique and special problem on all our hands now don't we ?

Why would anyone want to walk around wearing their sexuality on their sleeve to begin with, and then why would people be trying to highjack something like Marriage in which has been straight for as long as this nation can remember or rather has been around and/or intact since it's early founding ?

If you live in a small town, everyone knows your business. You don't have to tell anyone, they know.

The gay couple asked for a wedding cake. The business sells wedding cakes. All they had to do was sell the cake and they chose not to, which violated the state's public accommodation laws. You don't get to pull the religion card when you want to discriminate against a group of people.

Nobody has "hijacked" marriage, for pity sake. Civil marriage exists in this country and it does a lot of things for couples. You wouldn't deny a gay person a driver's license because they are gay, why would you deny a marriage license issued by the same authority?

Yes...until about a decade ago, marriage has been "just for straights" ...but at the time of the founding, voting was only for rich white men. Should it have stayed that way just because that's the way it was at the founding? "Tradition" said that blacks couldn't marry whites until about 50 years ago. Guess that is a tradition that should have stood as well in your book?

Nice try on the small town analogy, but I think that if the gay would have just went in and purchased a wedding cake without customization being involved, then in no way would the cake baker had refused the person to purchase a cake without the request of customization being involved. Like I said there are test being conducted all over the place, and we have seen a preview of these test being conducted, and you know what ? This nation with the media of today is also the same as a small town, and the people know what is going on in all of this stuff.

There are test being conducted, and we see these test being conducted, and it's not only concerning this issue, but a more broader test is being conducted in this nation on many issues, traditions and standards, and these test are to see how the Christians can be placed in a box in this country now, because Christians are offensive to all who are conducting these test. WAKE UP PEOPLE!
Nonsense.

This is a civil rights issue.

The states where those bakers reside have PA laws that include gays. If you open a public business in one of those states you can't refuse service on that basis. The people that "didn't see this coming" we're ignorant of the law in their states. These laws need to be scrapped almost entirely in my opinion. The free market will decide if they should remain open or not if they refuse to serve X members of society.

It's easy for people to say "let the free market decide" when they live in an area with an actual market. There is one Septic Service that operates in my area. What if he chooses not to do business with me? There is one store within 20 miles of my house, a small local market. If I need formula for my baby, am I supposed to drive 60 miles in the middle of the night because they won't sell me food? Maybe gays can just grow their own food like this guy suggests...

Washington State Staffer: Gay People Should 'Just Grow Their Own Food' To Deal With Discrimination
The big difference in you needing what you described, is that you don't have to run in and tell anyone about yourself in order to get those things that you described, but in the case of asking a cake baker to bake a specific customized cake for a gay couple, and this upon their request is another issue altogether. I mean what if that request is found going against the cake bakers religious values and morals on such a thing for which he believes in ? I'd say that Houston we have a unique and special problem on all our hands now don't we ?

Why would anyone want to walk around wearing their sexuality on their sleeve to begin with, and then why would people be trying to highjack something like Marriage in which has been straight for as long as this nation can remember or rather has been around and/or intact since it's early founding ?

Nice try on the small town analogy, but I think that if the gay would have just went in and purchased a wedding cake without customization being involved, then in no way would the cake baker had refused the person to purchase a cake without the request of customization being involved. Like I said there are test being conducted all over the place, and we have seen a preview of these test being conducted, and you know what ? This nation with the media of today is also the same as a small town, and the people know what is going on in all of this stuff.

There are test being conducted, and we see these test being conducted, and it's not only concerning this issue, but a more broader test is being conducted in this nation on many issues, traditions and standards, and these test are to see how the Christians can be placed in a box in this country now, because Christians are offensive to all who are conducting these test. WAKE UP PEOPLE!
Nonsense.

This is a civil rights issue.

It certainly is.

Freedom of association - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

I don't care if they marry, and I want them to shut up. Just freaking get married already.

Well then apparently I am not talking about you when I say

Of course I would love it if Christians would just shut up about homosexuals.

But I don't pretend that Christians aren't free to whine about homosexuals as much as they want.

I always like to drop in on mega threads like this, just to see what has become of the original topic, afterr 500some frickken pages.....

At least everyone is still on the subject of religion.

My only problem with the OP is they called it a "homosexual wedding"...and I wonder if they also dissapprove of "taking a marijuana"....just kidding...

No!!!

I've never belonged to a church that was a "place of business." I've either belonged to churches made up of friends and family or churches that used collection money to pay for overhead and to help the needy. So I guess you, not I, need to learn the difference.

Forum List

Back