Should The Rich Be Required To Pay Higher Taxes In the US?

What if someone doesn't want a minimum standard of living, are you going to FORCE that standard on them? I see many impoverished people living under a bridge right outside a CNN office in Washington DC and not once has those cretin's come out and do an interview on what it is like living under the dictator. But then all you have to do is go back to the USSR and see how well they did also. Every 40 years or so, history repeats itself, because people forget history.

I don't have a problem with 'inequality'. Quite frankly, people who refuse to work hard, should be poor.

Moreover, the prior link was full of mindless drivel and nonsense. That's why at the top of the page it said "Opinion", not "Fact".
Ridiculous, you're insulting billions of people worldwide, your narrow worldview is disgusting, your making the assumption that material wealth is the only measure of hard work. What a sick thing to think. And it's wrong, considering I know people who work 3 jobs to barely make ends meet.

Hard work combined with intelligence and responsibility is what leads to wealth. The idea that no one in the world is lazy, stupid or irresponsible is absurd. There are plenty of people in this world who find the truth insulting. That doesn't mean we aren't allowed to tell the truth.
So you believe wealth is the only measure of hard work? What a fucking idiot.

Read what I said, dumbass. Hard work, intelligence, and responsibility lead to wealth. It's not the "measure of wealth." Money is the measure of wealth.
Hard work is done by billions every day around the world, including children and the elderly. Everyone is intelligent in their own way, expecting intelligence to directly lead to money is stupid, money is not a measure of someone's hard work. Responsibility? Anyone who survives in this broken world knows responsibility.

In a market based system at least some of the difference in wealth is explained by supply and demand for various work. It amazes me that conservatives, who claim to believe so much in the market, always seem to forget that factor.

Ridiculous, you're insulting billions of people worldwide, your narrow worldview is disgusting, your making the assumption that material wealth is the only measure of hard work. What a sick thing to think. And it's wrong, considering I know people who work 3 jobs to barely make ends meet.

Hard work combined with intelligence and responsibility is what leads to wealth. The idea that no one in the world is lazy, stupid or irresponsible is absurd. There are plenty of people in this world who find the truth insulting. That doesn't mean we aren't allowed to tell the truth.

Read what I said, dumbass. Hard work, intelligence, and responsibility lead to wealth. It's not the "measure of wealth." Money is the measure of wealth.
Hard work is done by billions every day around the world, including children and the elderly. Everyone is intelligent in their own way, expecting intelligence to directly lead to money is stupid, money is not a measure of someone's hard work. Responsibility? Anyone who survives in this broken world knows responsibility.

In a market based system a least some of the difference in wealth is explained by supply and demand for various work. It amazes me that conservatives who claim to believe so much in the market always forget that factor.

Intelligent people produce what people demand and acquire the skills people demand. Stupid people produce nothing of value to anyone and have no valuable skills, so your argument doesn't invalidate anything I said.

In a market based system a least some of the difference in wealth is explained by supply and demand for various work. It amazes me that conservatives who claim to believe so much in the market always forget that factor.
So in your opinion it's ok to buy products made by young children in concentration camps in china and mexico. Who gives a shit if they are working for 1/10th of US wages? It's just fair competition for labor right? Who gives a fuck if they screw the world over by dumping pollution into the ocean? Who cares.. so long as we get to buy cheap stuff here in the states, right?

Intelligent people produce what people demand and acquire the skills people demand. Stupid people produce nothing of value to anyone and have no valuable skills, so your argument doesn't invalidate anything I said.

you left out the supply and demand factor in your explanation of wealth entirely.......and you over-hype I think the effect of "hard work intelligence and responsibility" how many millions did these corrupt bankers make in the run up to the housing bust......

So in your opinion it's ok to buy products made by young children in sweat shops in china and mexico. Who gives a shit if they are working for 1/10th of US wages? It's just fair competition labor jobs right? Who gives a fuck if they screw the world over by dumping pollution into the ocean? Who cares.. so long as we get to buy cheap stuff here in the states, right?

Where in the world did yo get THAT from what I said.?

So in your opinion it's ok to buy products made by young children in sweat shops in china and mexico. Who gives a shit if they are working for 1/10th of US wages? It's just fair competition labor jobs right? Who gives a fuck if they screw the world over by dumping pollution into the ocean? Who cares.. so long as we get to buy cheap stuff here in the states, right?

Our system for wages (work) is not based on supply and demand. It's based on dumping. Dumping of illegals, h1bs, inshoring, offshoring, and over regulation here in the states with no care for the non-regulation overseas.

Our system for wages (work) is not based on supply and demand. It's based on dumping. Dumping of illegals, h1bs, inshoring, offshoring, and over regulation here in the states with no care for the non-regulation overseas.

Well I partially agree, ...some would say that just allows for a market based market in labor...forgetting that rules have to be in place to police markets.

you left out the supply and demand factor in your explanation of wealth entirely.......

Hmmm, no I didn't. As I noted, the rich produce what people DEMAND. They acquire skills that employers DEMAND and that are in short SUPPLY. That's why heart surgeons get rich, but clerks at 7-11 remain poor. People with the skills needed to be a clerk are a dime a dozen.

and you over-hype I think the effect of "hard work intelligence and responsibility" how many millions did these corrupt bankers make in the run up to the housing bust.......

Politicians and government bureaucrats caused the housing bust, not bankers. The later did what the politicians and bureaucrats ordered them to do: give mortgages to people who couldn't make the payments. A lot of banks lost their asses and went bust because of the real estate bubble. Almost none made more money than they would have otherwise.

you left out the supply and demand factor in your explanation of wealth entirely.......

Hmmm, no I didn't. As I noted, the rich produce what people DEMAND. They acquire skills that employers DEMAND and that are in short SUPPLY. That's why heart surgeons get rich, but clerks at 7-11 remain poor. People with the skills needed to be a clerk are a dime a dozen.

and you over-hype I think the effect of "hard work intelligence and responsibility" how many millions did these corrupt bankers make in the run up to the housing bust.......

Politicians and government bureaucrats caused the housing bust, not bankers. The later did what the politicians and bureaucrats ordered them to do: give mortgages to people who couldn't make the payments. A lot of banks lost their asses and went bust because of the real estate bubble. Almost none made more money than they would have otherwise.

In a fully functioning, transparent market there would be a tendency towards less concentrated wealth creation.....large concentrations of wealth point to lack of competition...

Politicians, as Trump likes to point out, do the bidding of the rich and influential, so to say the politicians and the government bureaucrats caused the housing bust is seeing only half the picture....someone influential in our broken system...wanted the policies that were in place.....likely so they could get even wealthier trading in guaranteed mortgages etc.

There are many examples of the rich milking government....it is the main thing that needs to be gotten rid of to cut the cost of government.

Well I partially agree, ...some would say that just allows for a market based market in labor...forgetting that rules have to be in place to police markets.
Correct. One sided rules that harm the American worker and our wage rates ... that's not a free market. That's an oligopoly system with the government working for the company owners.

In a fully functioning, transparent market there would be a tendency towards less concentrated wealth creation.....large concentrations of wealth point to lack of competition...

Politicians, as Trump likes to point out, do the bidding of the rich and influential, so to say the politicians and the government bureaucrats caused the housing bust is seeing only half the picture....someone influential in our broken system...wanted the policies that were in place.....likely so they could get even wealthier trading in guaranteed mortgages etc.

There are many examples of the rich milking government....it is the main thing that needs to be gotten rid of to cut the cost of government.
Yeah well our Government's job is to break up the oligopolies and monopolies... so what does it do? It makes oligopolies and monopolies, at the expense of the tax payer no less. To big to fail!! ROFL.. the only group that's not too big to fail? The US taxpayer.... eff the tax payers all hail the Emperor.

Yeah well our Government's job is to break up the oligopolies and monopolies... so what does it do? It makes oligopolies and monopolies, at the expense of the tax payer no less. To big to fail!! ROFL.. the only group that's not too big to fail? The US taxpayer.... eff the tax payers all hail the Emperor.
Yet, the Right usually Only complains when bailing out the least wealthy with the (other) Peoples' tax monies.

Yet, the Right usually Only complains when bailing out the least wealthy with the (other) Peoples' tax monies.
Liar.

Why should those who don't want to work, be rewarded? Go back to the 1800's, if you didn't work, you starved. So more people worked, but thanks to FDR, with a chicken in every pot, and pot in every libs hand, America is slowing killing itself, which has been the plan of the liberals. If it wasn't for the 2nd amendment, this country would be totally Communist and the "WORKERS" would be FORCED to work at the point of the gun, just like it was in the old USSR. Shame dipshit liberals are too dumb to study history, so America has to repeat it.

Liar.
Yes, it is true simply Because i say so.

Why should those who don't want to work, be rewarded? Go back to the 1800's, if you didn't work, you starved. So more people worked, but thanks to FDR, with a chicken in every pot, and pot in every libs hand, America is slowing killing itself, which has been the plan of the liberals. If it wasn't for the 2nd amendment, this country would be totally Communist and the "WORKERS" would be FORCED to work at the point of the gun, just like it was in the old USSR. Shame dipshit liberals are too dumb to study history, so America has to repeat it.
I am not sure why you consider a social safety net a "reward" under our form of Capitalism.

In any Case, why Only complain about social safety nets for the least wealthy, when the wealthiest even get to keep their multimillion dollar bonuses on their "social safety nets".

What ever happened to "FAMILY". At one time people would take care of the young, their wives, their parents, all under the same roof. Today, you would be lucky to find a father, who takes care of HIS kids and wife. Liberal government replaced Daddy with Uncle Sugar, so more young ones grow up mad as hell, and go out of their way to show their anger. Just look at the inner city and why social safety nets end up killing people. Such stupid people who vote Dumbocrat.

I think the rich should ABSOLUTELY pay more because the majority of them are selfish and don't care about anybody but themselves! Trust me, if you are a millionaire, it is NOT going to hurt you if you just pay a little more in taxes. I believe that if you are a good and righteous person, you would want to help the poor or people that are less fortunate. It's as simple as that! People need to stop being so selfish.

Those who clamor for higher taxes never tell us how that wealth will trickle down to the poor. Everyone just assumes that the money will magically wind up in their bank accounts when really the only thing that will happen is that the government will continue to spend about 10 times whatever they take in regarding revenue.

And to think that you can remove greed from society just by taking their wealth is absurd. Just the other day I heard some poor soul who delivered pizzas was shot for a free pizza.

Legislating morality is for tards.

The fact of the matter is, the money left in the hands of citizens is more likely to go to good use than it will in the hands of those in government.

Forum List

Back