Should we come up with another name for Chicago?

Look up that river on GoogleMaps. It's filth. It might have been picturesque about five decades ago. Not no mo.

Actually, kind of the opposite. The Chicago River used to be very dirty, but they have done a fantastic job of cleaning it up.

When I was a kid, Mayor Daley I talked about fishing in the Chicago River. Today, people are doing exactly that. (I wouldn't eat anything caught there, but you can fish there, that's the thing.)

Can’t find a single Republican run city that is better than Chicago

Nor can I.
We have our problems, and I have my reservations about the current mayor, but frankly, the Wingnutty right has been going crazy about Chicago since they found out Obama was from here.

For those interested, some places I'd recommend to visit.

The Art Institute
The Chicago Lyric Opera
The Museum of Science and Industry
The Field Museum of Natural History
The Shedd Aquarium
The Adler Planetarium
Any Riverboat Architecture Tour

Nor can I.
We have our problems, and I have my reservations about the current mayor, but frankly, the Wingnutty right has been going crazy about Chicago since they found out Obama was from here.

For those interested, some places I'd recommend to visit.

The Art Institute
The Chicago Lyric Opera
The Museum of Science and Industry
The Field Museum of Natural History
The Shedd Aquarium
The Adler Planetarium
Any Riverboat Architecture Tour

Places you can visit in a Republican run city

Walmart
Denny’s
Dollar Store
Confederate Monuments

Since the word Chicago is only brought up describing black on black violence here at USMBC, should we come up with another term that is more PC, like Windy City or Deep Down Dish?

What other names are there?

Call it "Daisybell".

Not to mention the Old Country Buffet and Piggly-Wiggly.

Honestly, I have visited many cities run by Republicans and they offer nothing for the residents or visitors.

No City planning, no zoning, no parks, no entertainment outside of movie theaters and dive bars.
Want to eat Italian food? Olive Garden
Want to eat Seafood? Red Lobster
Want a good steak? Texas Roadhouse

About nearly a half century ago the company where I worked liked to send me to Chicago. In the end I decided not to go to the USA. But I informed me in this context about Chicago. I remember murder, violence and crime had not been a big problem in Chicago at this time of history. What changed?

About nearly a half century ago the company where I worked liked to send me to Chicago. In the end I decided not to go to the USA. But I informed me in this context about Chicago. I remember murder, violence and crime had not been a big problem in Chicago at this time of history. What changed?

Probably nothing. Chicago has a reputation that is overblown on violence. Probably goes back to Al Capone and it's association with Mobsters. Now we treat Al Capone like a tourist attraction and put his image on products.

Probably nothing. Chicago has a reputation that is overblown on violence. Probably goes back to Al Capone and it's association with Mobsters. Now we treat Al Capone like a tourist attraction and put his image on products.
Once Republicans realized Obama was from Chicago, they decided to proclaim it the most dangerous city in America

That is why we get weekly crime reports

Nothing

5b7c828faccde.image.jpg

Forum List

Back