Should we raise taxes to combat Ebola?

higher taxes does not automatically = efficiency, accuracy, capability, skill or competency.

anyone who has lived longer than about 15 years knows this...

but indulge your fantasy...
But it would sure pay for a lot of hazmat teams and isolation wards. Which would stop the spread of Ebola. This isn't rocket science
But isolating people isn't politically correct.
And yet we are doing it. So why not be serious about combatting Ebola?
You want the conspiracy answer? Never let a good crisis go to waste... If we don't have Ebola here, the people won't be willing to sacrifice their liberty for a little security.

higher taxes does not automatically = efficiency, accuracy, capability, skill or competency.

anyone who has lived longer than about 15 years knows this...

but indulge your fantasy...
But it would sure pay for a lot of hazmat teams and isolation wards. Which would stop the spread of Ebola. This isn't rocket science
Repub-voters don't like 'paying for stuff'. Funny how they don't see the irony to that.
dumb ass

Gotta love it when freeloaders bitch about taxpayers not paying enough in taxes.

'lest we forget, red states make up a lion's share of food sta
There ya have it....we want to fight this deadly disease, but just don't want to pay for it
^ that

Repub-voters want all the amenities of living in a First World nation, they just want to simultaneously be deadbeats.

Might start a thread entitled "GOP- Deadbeat Nation" :eusa_think:
Yeah cause the republicans arguing for a flat tax and lower corporate tax rates are the 50% OF AMERICAN INCOME EARNERS WHO ARE PAYING ZERO IN FEDERAL INCOME TAXES :cuckoo:

You are a retard.
'lest we forget, Red States take out more than they pay into the Fed acct. :thup:

Probably because their taxes are lower.

Many retirees move to low tax states to be able to afford the costs of living within a fixed income.

If it could be shown that raising taxes would save a million Americans from Ebola, would you be in favor of raising taxes?
If it could be shown that lowering taxes would save a million Americans from Ebola, would you be in favor of lowering taxes?

Absolutely. I'm not a mindless, ideological drone.

How about you? Would you raise taxes to save a million Americans from Ebola?

We already raised $3,000,000,000,000.00 dollars this year. THAT IS THREE TRILLION DOLLARS TO SAVE AMERICANS AND OTHERS FROM EBOLA.

No I'm not a mindless ideological drone. Any other stupid statements you want to make?

I'll put you down as "No."

Posters Who Wouldn't Raise Taxes to Save 1,000,000 Americans from Ebola
Iceweasel
RKMBrown

If it could be shown that raising taxes would save a million Americans from Ebola, would you be in favor of raising taxes?
If it could be shown that lowering taxes would save a million Americans from Ebola, would you be in favor of lowering taxes?

We already raised $3,000,000,000,000.00 dollars this year. THAT IS THREE TRILLION DOLLARS TO SAVE AMERICANS AND OTHERS FROM EBOLA.

No I'm not a mindless ideological drone. Any other stupid statements you want to make?

Iceweasel
RKMBrown
You are a LYING PIECE OF DOG SHIT

Iceweasel
RKMBrown
put me down as "no", too..I don't use hypothetical fantasy scenarios as a prop to "win" debates..

Iceweasel
RKMBrown

So you would raise taxes to save 1,000,000 Americans from Ebola?

I'll take you off the list if that's the case.

I'd generally rather cut spending and cut taxes. But if raising taxes would save 1,000,000 Americans, I'd be for it.

Iceweasel
RKMBrown
put me down as "no", too..I don't use hypothetical fantasy scenarios as a prop to "win" debates..

Done!

Do you want to call me any names as well? It's OK. I don't mind.

Iceweasel
RKMBrown
Rotagilla

Iceweasel
RKMBrown

I'd generally rather cut spending and cut taxes. But if raising taxes would save 1,000,000 Americans, I'd be for it.
YOU'RE NOT LISTENING RETARD. WE ALREADY RAISED TAXES TO SAVE 350MILLION AMERICANS FROM EBOLA. ARE YOU DAFT?

To answer the question in the OP: No.

We should stop spending money on stupid shit. The Feds have collected a record $3T this year. Stop wasting it on snail sex studies and origami condoms.

We could put 24/7 medical hazmat teams at all hospitals, clinics, and airports along with specially equipped rooms to isolate patients suspected of having or having Ebola.

We could also fund research to come up with a cure.

Time to get serious?
Should we raise taxes to combat Ebola? I think no. If the government allows possibility of penetration of a virus into the country, it should look for money by itself, but not to plunder the people once again. They can reduce financing of the Pentagon, all the more so too much money is wasted by them

Iceweasel
RKMBrown

YOU'RE NOT LISTENING RETARD. WE ALREADY RAISED TAXES TO SAVE 350MILLION AMERICANS FROM EBOLA. ARE YOU DAFT?

So "No" it is then.

We should stop spending money on stupid shit. The Feds have collected a record $3T this year. Stop wasting it on snail sex studies and origami condoms.

Boed

If you knew that raising taxes would save 1,000,000 Americans from Ebola, would you?

Simple Yes or No will do.

Boed

If you knew that raising taxes would save 1,000,000 Americans from Ebola, would you?

Simple Yes or No will do.

I reject the strawman premise of your question.

Obama wanted to control this in the media. He wanted an issue that allows him to scare people while he appeared like he was trying to help, at same time painting the GOP as obstructionists and claiming they cut off funding.

Oh, and call for more taxes.....

It didn't work out. He hasn't been able to control the direction this took, and he's having to cover up his apparent incompetence right before an election.

This appears to be the October Surprise they warned of. It also explains why they refuse to secure our borders and end flights coming from infected regions. Because either they don't see the threat or there is no real threat.

Obama wanted to control this in the media. He wanted an issue that allows him to scare people while he appeared like he was trying to help, at same time painting the GOP as obstructionists and claiming they cut off funding.

It didn't work out. He hasn't been able to control the direction this took, and he's having to cover up his apparent incompetence right before an election.

This appears to be the October Surprise they warned of. It also explains why they refuse to secure our borders and end flights coming from infected regions. Because either they don't see the threat or there is no real threat.
Does this mean all your hysteria over ebola was made up?

Does this mean all your hysteria over ebola was made up?

The hysteria is media generated. Whether it was all made up remains to be seen.

Forum List

Back