Slavery reparations?

Are you for or against slavery reparations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
So we did them a favor kidnapping them? Don't ever say that in public. You wouldn't survive.

it was wrong, no doubt about that. But given the choice today, how many african american ancestors of slaves would choose to be repatriated to their homelands vs maintaining their lives here?

Our "homeland" is right here in America. Would you like to be "repatriated" to a land that has been raped of it's resources and good people for centuries by Europeans? This is Our country, we belong here and we aren't going anywhere. We have a long history here.

Edward A. Johnson (Edward Austin), 1860-1944. A School History of the Negro Race in America, from 1619 to 1890, with a Short Introduction as to the Origin of the Race; Also a Short Sketch of Liberia.

Why do you call yourselves AFRICAN americans?

it was wrong, no doubt about that. But given the choice today, how many african american ancestors of slaves would choose to be repatriated to their homelands vs maintaining their lives here?

Our "homeland" is right here in America. Would you like to be "repatriated" to a land that has been raped of it's resources and good people for centuries by Europeans? This is Our country, we belong here and we aren't going anywhere. We have a long history here.

Edward A. Johnson (Edward Austin), 1860-1944. A School History of the Negro Race in America, from 1619 to 1890, with a Short Introduction as to the Origin of the Race; Also a Short Sketch of Liberia.

I call myself an American.................. Who made the racial designations in this country? It certainly wasn't Black people, it was the White ruling class in this country that passed Jim Crow laws, anti-miscegenation laws , the Black codes, covenants and restrictions on deeds barring the sale to Black people, laws set to keep free Black people from trades, laws both facto and de facto to keep Black people from exercising their rights as citizens of this country, etc. etc.

Thanks for the laugh though!!!

Can we do sonething about the 90+ million americans out of work.
Can we do something about the $17+trillion of debt that we have.
Let's work on this first.

t

I call myself an American.................. Who made the racial designations in this country? It certainly wasn't Black people, it was the White ruling class in this country that passed Jim Crow laws, anti-miscegenation laws , the Black codes, covenants and restrictions on deeds barring the sale to Black people, laws set to keep free Black people from trades, laws both facto and de facto to keep Black people from exercising their rights as citizens of this country, etc. etc.

You're a lemming, I've seen those bullshit papers that "enlightened" blacks read where I work. You read that Farrakhan garbage and then feel a need to lecture everyone else about the real truth. Everything wrong with you asswipes is the white man's fault...... and yet Africa is a pit of 4th world black dictators.....no white people to hold them down and yet the only decent place on the continent was South Africa and it was destroyed by that asshole Mandela. Left to do what they want when in power, you end up with Detroit or New Orleans, little pockets of civilization surrounded by worthless ghetto. Why don't you lead your "people" to do something worth while........ we are all very bored with all of your bull shit and you're heading for a serious beat down.....understand that bro?

Last edited:
t

You're a lemming, I've seen those bullshit papers that "enlightened" blacks read where I work. You read that Farrakhan garbage and then feel a need to lecture everyone else about the real truth. Everything wrong with you asswipes is the white man's fault...... and yet Africa is a pit of 4th world black dictators.....no white people to hold them down and yet the only decent place on the continent was South Africa and it was destroyed by that asshole Mandela. Left to do what they want when in power, you end up with Detroit or New Orleans, little pockets of civilization surrounded by worthless ghetto. Why don't you lead your "people" to do something worth while........ we are all very bored with all of your bull shit and you're heading for a serious beat down.....understand that bro?

Thanks for making me smile! I answer your questions with FACTS and you fail to refute any of them. Instead you make an IGNORANT assumption and make an ass out of yourself with you little emotional diatribe. Why did you get so emotional when I gave you an accurate and in depth answer? :)

Is it because your ignorant and hateful mindset is a product of this?

"Other ex-slaves can relate many such cases as the Hawkins' case and such instances, in my opinion, have been the cause of the intense hatred of slaves against the poor whites of the South, and I believe that from such troubles originate the term "poor white trash". In many ways this unfortunate class of Southern people had but a few more privileges than the slaves. True, they were free, could go where they pleased without a "pass," but they could not, with impunity, dispute the word of the rich in anything, and obeyed their masters as did the slaves. It has been stated by many writers, and I accept it as true, that the Emancipation Proclamation issued by President Lincoln, not only freed the slaves, but the poor whites of the South as well, for they occupied a condition nearly approaching that of slavery.

They were nominally free, but that freedom was greatly restricted on account of the prejudice against them as a class. They were often employed by the ruling class to do small jobs of work and while so engaged were not allowed, even to eat with them at the same table, neither could they in any way associate or intermarry with the upper classes. Of course this unfortunate class of people had a vote, but it was always cast just as the master class directed, and not
Page 31

as the voter desired, if he had a desire. I recall very clearly the fact, that at each Country, State or National election the poor white people were hauled to the voting places in wagons belonging to the aristocratic class. They also furnished a prepared ballot for each man and woe unto that poor white man who failed to vote that ticket or come when sent for. Each one of the master class kept a strict lookout for every poor white man in his neighborhood and on election days sent his wagons and brought each one of these voters to the polls.

When the war of the Rebellion broke out this class of men constituted the rank and file of the Confederate army and rendered good service to their masters, who had only to speak a kind word to them when the would take the oath and obediently march to the front, officered by the aristocratic class. These poor people contributed their full share to the death roll of the Southern Army.

True to his low instinct, the poor white man is represented at the South as the enemy of the Colored people to-day, just as he was before the war, and is still as illiterate as he was then. He is not far enough up the scale to see the advantage of education, and will not send his children to school, nor allow the Colored child to go, if it is in his power to prevent it. It is this class who burn the school houses in the Southland to-day. The aristocracy and the Colored people of the South would get along splendidly, were it not for these poor whites, who are the leaders in all the disorders, lynchings and the like. The South will be the garden spot, the cradle of liberty, the haven of America, when the typical poor whites of that section shall have died off, removed, or become educated, and not till then."

It describes people with your mindset to a tee!
:lol:

It didn't come from black people? Damn, you don't even know where the term came from? Jesse Jackson is the one who popularized the term.

Blacks should pay reparations. Without slavery, present day black would all be living in Africa. :eek:

It didn't come from black people? Damn, you don't even know where the term came from? Jesse Jackson is the one who popularized the term.

That's correct, the racial designations in this country were enacted by the White ruling class. The poster asked a general question and I answered it. I don't refer to myself as an "African-American", I refer to myself as an American. I really don't care where that term came from.

For every person it may be a different reason. I call myself either Black or African-American. Black is obvious. African because that is where my ancestors come from. American because that is where I reside.

Pay reparations? You have to be kidding. It was there own people who started the damn slave trading in the first place and sold them off to the white man who gave them food and livable homes other than the mud huts which they still have yet to advance from. Reparations have been made thousands of times over and if you don't believe me just look at the number of them on welfare and the amounts of the gibsmedat payments given to them every month while they destroy the very states and cities they welch off of.

Dont be fooled like many of your type. Slavery started in Europe. The very word slave comes from the Slavs when they were enslaved. Learn your history son.

The very word slave comes from the Slavs when they were enslaved. Learn your history son.

Just the other way around. 'Slav' comes from 'slave'.

Slave - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary

Origin of SLAVE

Middle English sclave, from Anglo-French or Medieval Latin; Anglo-French esclave, from Medieval Latin sclavus, from Sclavus Slavic; from the frequent enslavement of Slavs in central Europe during the early Middle Ages
First Known Use: 14th century

lets see you or Merriam websters?

sorry dude you lose

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back