Slavery reparations?

Are you for or against slavery reparations?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I cant speak for everyone that is Black. I have a figure in mind but I have yet to see anyone not Black agree that the idea of reparations has merit. I dont discuss money until we have agreement on the principles.

"In 1999, the African World Reparations and Repatriation Truth Commission called for "the West" to pay $777 trillion to Africa within five years. Note that the gross domestic product of all countries in the world was somewhat more than 70 Trillion in 2011, in other words these claims amount to the value of over 10 years production of goods and services of the entire planet."

That's pretty laughable. So what's your number?

Interesting bit of information. Sounds about right to me but what does that have to do with reparations being paid to the descendants of slaves here in the US? This is what i mean by the inability to focus. The issue is reparations for the descendents of slaves here in the US. Thats it. Thats all. If you agree it has merit we can throw around figures. If you dont then its a waste of both of our times.
Give me a figure and I'll tell you if you have a chance. Like, if it's $100, that's probably do-able. If it's $1 billion each, then probably not. I need to know if I/we can even be in the ballpark, and if your figure isn't realistic, then probably your arguments for it aren't either.

you have suffered no harm on account of the enslavement of your ancesters. why do you want reparations?

if your ancesters were never brought here; there is a good chance you'd be less educated, maybe illiterate; sick; with flies on your eyes, and have a much shorter life expectancy

why do descendants of slaves deserve reparations?

I thought i already answered this for you? The ex-slaves were never paid reparations. Their descendants would be the people that would get the proceeds when reparations are paid out.

no you didnt answer it for me; and you still havent. that is absurd. why do you deserve anything for suffering you never endured?

I thought i already answered this for you? The ex-slaves were never paid reparations. Their descendants would be the people that would get the proceeds when reparations are paid out.

why would somebody always want the people around them to change this way or that? cant this person accept people the way they are?

Got proof your ancestors were slaves? Got a bill of sale for your great-great grandpa handy? Oral traditions just won't cut it.

I'm pretty sure some of my ancesters were enslaved by the Roman Empire; i wonder if i can get money from Italy?

no you didnt answer it for me; and you still havent. that is absurd. why do you deserve anything for suffering you never endured?

Because my ancestors were never paid. The money they would have been paid would have been an asset to our educational and financial legacy.

I'm pretty sure some of my ancesters were enslaved by the Roman Empire; i wonder if i can get money from Italy?

Why not? There's no closing date for reparations according to some people and justice delayed is justice denied.

if your ancesters were never brought here; there is a good chance you'd be less educated, maybe illiterate; sick; with flies on your eyes, and have a much shorter life expectancy

The same could be said of you.

um not really; but even if that is true; it still means you have it better being born here than if your ancesters were never brought here. why do you want money when you benefitted from it?

why would somebody always want the people around them to change this way or that? cant this person accept people the way they are?

Dont get frustrated. You are not making any sense. What is this post supposed to mean?

Got proof your ancestors were slaves? Got a bill of sale for your great-great grandpa handy? Oral traditions just won't cut it.

Yes we do have proof.

Dont get frustrated. You are not making any sense. What is this post supposed to mean?

??? i'm not frustrated at all; i'm referring to one of the idiotic quotes at the end of your every post.

try again

The same could be said of you.

um not really; but even if that is true; it still means you have it better being born here than if your ancesters were never brought here. why do you want money when you benefitted from it?

Yes. Really. You could be in some shit hole in Europe right now. No it doesnt mean that I am better of here. Its a unprovable possibility. I could have ended up a far wealthier man in Africa than I am here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back