So, if ABC made a show called 'Reddish' like the show 'Black-ish' would Native Redskins be mad?

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
I am just trying to keep up with left wing double standard logic. Is that really possible? I mean the left do it every day by taking on both sides of every issue.

Is there a class I can take to develop this skill?

I am just trying to keep up with left wing double standard logic. Is that really possible? I mean the left do it every day by taking on both sides of every issue.

Is there a class I can take to develop this skill?
Probably. Because most native Americans don't self identify as 'Red'. With the term being more of a pejorative used by others directed at native Americans.

Where many black folks do self identify as 'black'. And it doesn't carry any particular negative connotations.

Come on now. With all the hype over trying to FORCE the Redskins to change their name you can surely see the double standard.

The Redskins are dead to me. They're the most embarrassing franchise in the NFL. They should move them to LA.

Well, the Natives are more reddish than blacks are blackish. I mean, blacks are more brownish to me.

Where, natives are...well, reddish.

Indians_Like_Us.jpg

:mm:

I am astounded that more people are not upset over this hypothetical.

Well, the Natives are more reddish than blacks are blackish. I mean, blacks are more brownish to me.

The term 'red' has been used as a pejorative against native americans to disparage them. Which may be why they don't self identify as 'red' anything. And find the term offense.

Blacks don't find the term 'black' offense as a general rule. With many of them self identifying as 'black'.

That's a pretty big difference.

The term 'red' has been used as a pejorative against native americans to disparage them. Which may be why they don't self identify as 'red' anything. And find the term offense.

Blacks don't find the term 'black' offense as a general rule. With many of them self identifying as 'black'.

That's a pretty big difference.
if, in fact, anyone truly wanted an answer to the OP question....this ... above ... is the answer.

Who the fuck cares?
Anyone who finds the hypocrisy offensive

Who says its hypocrisy? The issue isn't grammar. Its offense. And 'Black-ish' doesn't seem to offend many black folks.
According to polls redskin doesn't seem offensive to indians either so the situations are IDENTICAL
How many black groups are protesting the name 'blackish'? As native american groups have definitely protested the name 'Redskin'.

We found opponents of the name in 18 tribes: veterans of the U.S. military, lawyers, college students, cultural center employees, school volunteers and restaurant servers. Their viewpoints align with official statements from dozens of tribes or inter-tribal councils and from the NCAI, which represents more than 250 tribal governments at the Embassy of Tribal Nations. Many of these people wondered how, or if, their voices are being counted.

Washington Redskins racist Native American views on NFL team name The MMQB with Peter King

Unless they are the same, the situation isn't identical. And the poll you're citing is 10 years old. Where as the opposition I'm citing is from this year.

Forum List

Back