So, what do we tell all those DACA kids if Congress does nothing?

What do we tell DACA kids in 6 months if Congress does nothing?

• Nothing, ignore them. Let them stay longer. Kick the can.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Get....The FUCK.....OUT....(see gif)

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Give them amnesty.

Votes: 1 9.1%
  • Start war with the worst offender nation. (Mexico)

• Other (and please be especific [Fez voice])

• Total voters

Bootney Lee Farnsworth

Diamond Member
Aug 15, 2017
Ari-Gold-Get-The-Fuck-Out.gif

My guess is that the White House knows Congress can't let this stand and will actually do something.

Which, theoretically, since we now live in bizzaro world, could actually allow Trump to take credit for immigration reform.

I say "White House" because I doubt Trump has the capacity to come up with such a strategy.

DACA means deferred action on children arrivals, something like that. Obama tossed it out there in a half assed manner. Now Trump is criticized for asking Congress to make it legal.

Meanwhile, the "children" needn't worry. Cher has offered to take them in and protect them!

Last edited:
The situation became a guaranteed win for Trump the moment he kicked it to Congress.

They're not going anywhere, gang...
Unfortunately, that is probably an accurate prediction... our masters lack the balls to do otherwise, in the face of constant battering by a Liberal Media.

...No just tell them that their parents broke the law.....................
That breaking of the law should not be rewarded by allowing their offspring to stay here... sets a bad precedent and sends the wrong message to future Illegals.

Time for Pharaoh to harden his heart.

Unfortunately, that is probably an accurate prediction.
Now the senators who may vote to grant any form of citizenship, or bestow leniency on them on the other hand... They very well may be going somewhere. Home! Checkmate. Trump wins.
True... I don't think it will be enough to make a difference, but... true.
Trump has already come out and said that he'll re-visit DACA if Congress doesn't do something.

He's angling himself to be the guy who got comprehensive immigration reform, book it. It will include peripheral goodies for his base.

The kids aren't going anywhere.

Now the senators who may vote to grant any form of citizenship, or bestow leniency on them on the other hand... They very well may be going somewhere. Home! Checkmate. Trump wins.
Trump has already come out and said that he'll re-visit DACA if Congress doesn't do something.

He's angling himself to be the guy who got comprehensive immigration reform, book it. It will include peripheral goodies for his base.

Then again, the guy has lied his a$$ off so many times, you really can't believe anything he says.

As to 'revisiting'... if... IF... he keeps that particular promise, he'll walk away from it, saying that Congress couldn't make it Constitutional, so the deal's off.

Immigration 'reform' does not equate to letting Illegal Aliens remain upon US soil... hell, the laws we have are fine... they just need to be enforced.

The alternative explanation is, that he's preparing to get down-and-dirty with Illegals, and this is the first warning shot across the bow, with a six-month time-delay fuse.

Drumpf is far too unstable and unpredictable to say, with any degree of certainty... we'll know in six months.

Then again, the guy has lied his a$$ off so many times, you really can't believe anything he says.

As to 'revisiting'... if... IF... he keeps that particular promise, he'll walk away from it, saying that Congress couldn't make it Constitutional, so the deal's off.

Immigration 'reform' does not equate to letting Illegal Aliens remain upon US soil... hell, the laws we have are fine... they just need to be enforced.

The alternative explanation is, that he's preparing to get down-and-dirty with Illegals, and this is the first warning shot across the bow, with a six-month time-delay fuse.

Drumpf is far too unstable and unpredictable to say, with any degree of certainty.
Well, I can't disagree with that, but my guess is that when the dust clears, we'll have actual reform and he'll be taking credit for it.

The circus continues. We'll see if it works out politically, who knows.

My guess is that the White House knows Congress can't let this stand and will actually do something.

Which, theoretically, since we now live in bizzaro world, could actually allow Trump to take credit for immigration reform.

I say "White House" because I doubt Trump has the capacity to come up with such a strategy.
This is what Trump said during the campaign.
This is just cleaning up Obama's messes.
If the Democrats want to stand in the way of fixing the problem and instead causing more of them, let them.

This is what Trump said during the campaign.
This is just cleaning up Obama's messes.
If the Democrats want to stand in the way of fixing the problem and instead causing more of them, let them.
I suspect that the plan is to create a comprehensive immigration reform package that enough Dems will sign off on, and that will include enough crumbs to keep the Trumpsters happy.

if he forces congress to put a policy around this to deal with the matter, how is it *not* reform.

my god people are so damned afraid to give trump credit. if their ass was on thermo-nuclear-gas-fire and trump was the only one who could put it out there are some who'd rather burn.

way fucked up to me.

Forum List

Back