So What Do You Think The Average American In The Northeast Is Saying Tonight/Rest Of The Week?

i thought it was pronounced Bastan Haba

Outsiders really, really shouldn't try to do that.

Good Will Hunting should serve as a warning to all.
You should see anyone in the boston area try to say the name "Arthur"

I should see? I see several thousands of times a day.
my best friends husbands name is arthur. so when hes in the house,,all i hear/time to time is Kim yelling,,,,ATHA !!!! {and shes pissed at him}

Well, different parts of Massachusetts have more of an accent than others. Fall River/New Bedford area tend to have a really strong and accentuated accent. A lot of us who aren't from that area don't have as strong an accent. A friend of mine is from Walpole, and her husband's name is Mark, and it sounds like she is calling for "Mac" whenever she calls for him, but her accent is different and more strong than mine.
one thing i took notice about the boston/south shore area, it seems as if the cops all have the same personality. when i did see them on "COPS" time time, i was lightly laughing, saying to myself,,yup. thats how most Boston Cops talk and act like.

my best friends husbands name is arthur. so when hes in the house,,all i hear/time to time is Kim yelling,,,,ATHA !!!! {and shes pissed at him}

Well, different parts of Massachusetts have more of an accent than others. Fall River/New Bedford area tend to have a really strong and accentuated accent. A lot of us who aren't from that area don't have as strong an accent. A friend of mine is from Walpole, and her husband's name is Mark, and it sounds like she is calling for "Mac" whenever she calls for him, but her accent is different and more strong than mine.
one thing i took notice about the boston/south shore area, it seems as if the cops all have the same personality. when i did see them on "COPS" time time, i was lightly laughing, saying to myself,,yup. thats how most Boston Cops talk and act like.

I don't know. I try to not associate with the cops if I can help it! :lol:

especially when the cops were on the walky talkies taking about cars and parking situations

especially when the cops were on the walky talkies taking about cars and parking situations

You mean cahs and pahking! :lol:

You mean cahs and pahking! :lol:
and all the cops are named "Offica Atha"

The truth is that the distinctive accents of the different parts of New England are, in general, flattening and fading. Many factors contribute to this. Particularly marked accents persist in certain areas and neighborhoods as a manifestation of localism.

:bang3: :dev3: :popcorn: The Northeast has been hit with one of the worst blizzards ever. To the extreme of losing power, and if they dont have a fireplace, can you imagine?
My guess is that maybe? Ten to Fifteen percent of those in the tri-state area and parts of lower Massachusetts are saying. {using CAPS only}..."F. T. S. !! I'm/We're Moving To Florida !!!
:woohoo:
Hey! That's fine with me! You wanna buy my condo? I'll Make You A Deal !!! :party:
Part of climate change projections is increasingly worse weather. Living on a coast is going to get difficult.

We New Englanders are tough. Can you imagine if the southerners ever got such a snow fall with the wind chills and temperatures that we have gotten? It is going to feel like 40 below over the next day. They would be crying in their chitlins and grits!

You sure do whine a lot for someone who is supposed to be tough

We New Englanders are tough. Can you imagine if the southerners ever got such a snow fall with the wind chills and temperatures that we have gotten? It is going to feel like 40 below over the next day. They would be crying in their chitlins and grits!

You sure do whine a lot for someone who is supposed to be tough

Don't be sour because you don't know the difference between a blizzard and a storm. I mean, really. You are just making a spectacle of yourself. Something is wrong with you, like most who post here, I suppose.

:bang3: :dev3: :popcorn: The Northeast has been hit with one of the worst blizzards ever. To the extreme of losing power, and if they dont have a fireplace, can you imagine?
My guess is that maybe? Ten to Fifteen percent of those in the tri-state area and parts of lower Massachusetts are saying. {using CAPS only}..."F. T. S. !! I'm/We're Moving To Florida !!!
:woohoo:
Hey! That's fine with me! You wanna buy my condo? I'll Make You A Deal !!! :party:

Maybe the QUAKES are next LOL

upload_2018-1-6_8-46-11.png

"Cold Fury" Of God Unleashed - Was A Prophetic Word Given 23 Years Ago, In Great Detail Coming To Pass, And Are The Great Quakes Next?

Forum List

Back