So who represents the GOP? Establishment or Tea party

I don't care who represents the GOP or even the Democrats.

I want to know who represents me.

Obama complained last week that certain members of the House were too concerned about what their voters thought and weren't willing to see what the, as he put it, "...may not feel compelled to pay attention to broad-based public opinion, because what they're really concerned about is the opinions of their specific Republican constituencies,”

Well excuse me.. But that is what I want. I want the person I voted for to represent me and my positions not what Obama calls "broad-based public opinion".

I do know that the TP has caused the GOP to lose control of the Senate, at least twice. You call that "competing." If they are successful and turn back Rove and his PAC, they may run their own candidate in 2016. If the TP does, and they control the GOP, the Dems will win a landslide. The GOP is in transition. Time to sit back and enjoy the Battle!:clap2:

Yeah sure, you all know the Tea party caused the Gop to lose control of the Senate..but funny how they didn't cause them to lose control of the house, TWICE

you people crack me up with all your so called knowledge of how things went down and your hardon for the TEA PARTY

Very Simple, Steph...The GOP has gerrymandered House districts that provide many loons from the TP to be "safe." They votes are rediculous and they refuse to compromise because they have been handed a "safe" seat. It is only a matter of time until that changes. The demographics are changing so rapidly, even Texas will soon be in play. Rove knows that and is trying to head it off. He may be successful....maybe not. It will be fun to watch!

The gerrymandering was done based on voter registration and doesn't make the Baggers safe from a primary challenge. Money talks in politics and there are people who will vote Republican, just because the person is a Republican. I have the impression the establishment would challenge some of these Bagger seats and use resources to gain control over the Baggers and cut their influence. The message could be: believe whatever you want to believe, but don't open your big mouth and embarrass the party or we will target you in the next primary election. Only a very popular Bagger could get away with not heeding such advice.

Very Simple, Steph...The GOP has gerrymandered House districts that provide many loons from the TP to be "safe." They votes are rediculous and they refuse to compromise because they have been handed a "safe" seat. It is only a matter of time until that changes. The demographics are changing so rapidly, even Texas will soon be in play. Rove knows that and is trying to head it off. He may be successful....maybe not. It will be fun to watch!

Ah that's right, they only won by gerrymandering. And 48% of (the loons) didn't vote AGAINST re-electing Obama, because all the people have seen the light of the Progressive party and are now disciples
you people would know about electing LOONS, look in your own party

You sound bitter Steph....sorry about the 4 MORE YEARS!

no more bitter than you all were during 8 years of Bush..but you know all and your hardon for the Tea party will continue..so carry on

So who represents the GOP? Establishment or Tea party?

Moonbats.

The Establishment has a tenuous grasp during the Presidential cycle; the Tea Party owns the midterms

I think the term 'Establishment' is somewhat misleading. I feel like there is a power vacuum. For instance, Romney was not most 'establishment' members pick for president. But once he was going to be the nominee, they all eventually bandwagon jumped. Even that ditz endorsed him on the day of the election.

But I'll say that most Republicans (and Democrats) are nothing more than power brokers. The common good of the people be damned. People of both sides of the spectrum need to realize that's how it is in our society. As such, even a good percent of tea party candidates end up being establishment actors :Cough - Rubio:

Are you delusional? ROmney won the nomination because the Establishment shoved him down the throats of the rank and file, which thrashed from one alternative to the next trying to find ANYONE else to run with...

Here's the problem with the whole Establishment/Tea Party divide. The GOP lost ground in the Senate because of Akin and Murdouch.

First, Akin wasn't really Tea Party. The TEA party backed Steelman in the primaries. So really, Akin was the Religious Right's boy. Yet all the anger is focused on Akin because he nationalized the abortion issue.

Murdock got himself into a similiar jam. Let's not forget, Romney won both Indiana and Missouri, but these guys lost.

However- Establishment picks in North Dakata and Montana also lost despite Romney handily winning their states.

Nor is blowing up your own campaign by saying stupid shit limited to the Tea Party. Have we all forgotten Pete Hoekstra who blew a good chance to unseat Debbie Stabenow by running an outright racist commercial?

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2-E2IhOc58k]Senate candidate Pete Hoekstra under fire for ad - YouTube[/ame]

A group of conservatives on Wednesday called on American Crossroads to fire its spokesman, Jonathan Collegio, for calling conservative commentator Brent Bozell a "hater."

Collegio went on WMAL in Washington, D.C. Wednesday morning and said Bozell is a "hater" for opposing American Crossroads' new offshoot, the Conservative Victory Project, a super PAC aiming to back disciplined Republican candidates to win back a majority in the Senate.

"Bozell is a hater, and he also, like, has a long, sordid history, like, hating Karl Rove, too. So he has, like, a weird personal axe to grind," Collegio said.

In a letter, a number of conservative activists -- including Mark Levin and Tony Perkins -- called on American Crossroads president and CEO Steven Law to fire Collegio.

Conservatives Demand Rove Group Fire Aide Over 'Hater' Remark | TPM LiveWire

:popcorn:

The Republicans are stuck. The establishment GOP ship knows it's headed for a demographic iceberg and needs to change or die. But they're tethered to Fox News and its audience, which won't let them change course. And Fox News itself also realizes it's headed for the same iceberg to a certain degree, but Roger Ailes is tied to the Breitbarts and Newsmaxes that won't let them budge, either.

They've been creating this monster of ugly profiteering and rabid resentment for decades. They can't just make it go away now. The base has too much invested, and the con artists aren't done bilking their marks.

Can't take the grift out of the GOP

The Republican House Budget Committee web site still has the 112th membership up but the Democrat House Budget Committee web site has the 113th members listed, yes, there are two sites. There are several new names but some of the strongest Ryan budget supporters are still there, listed below. Their answer to the deficit problem is to drop the upper tax rate from 35% to 25% and drop most of the discretionary programs on the states, unfunded of course. The ones not dropped on the states are just dropped. Establishment or Tea Party? Actions speak louder than words so call it whatever you will.

Paul Ryan (WI-01), Chairman
Scott Garrett (NJ)
John Campbell (CA)
Ken Calvert (CA)
Tom Cole (OK)
Tom McClintock (CA)
James Lankford (OK)
Reid Ribble (WI)
Bill Flores (TX)
Todd Rokita (IN)
Rob Woodall (GA)

The Republicans are stuck. The establishment GOP ship knows it's headed for a demographic iceberg and needs to change or die. But they're tethered to Fox News and its audience, which won't let them change course. And Fox News itself also realizes it's headed for the same iceberg to a certain degree, but Roger Ailes is tied to the Breitbarts and Newsmaxes that won't let them budge, either.

They've been creating this monster of ugly profiteering and rabid resentment for decades. They can't just make it go away now. The base has too much invested, and the con artists aren't done bilking their marks.

Can't take the grift out of the GOP

Wowie that doctor looks scary. He ain't giving me my 40 year physical. :eek:

Forum List

Back