Some folks are thinking the same as me.

America’s largest militia says it will refuse to recognise Biden as president and ‘resist’ his administration

Griffin Connolly and Richard Hall
November 15, 2020

A sense that the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump, which there has been no evidence for, pervaded among his supporters who marched in Washington on Saturday. (Getty Images)

A sense that the 2020 election was stolen from Donald Trump, which there has been no evidence for, pervaded among his supporters who marched in Washington on Saturday. (Getty Images)
The largest militia group in the US will refuse to recognise President-elect Joe Biden as the nation’s duly elected leader when he is sworn in on 20 January 2021.
The Oath Keepers, an armed right-wing organisation that boasts tens of thousands of members with law enforcement and military backgrounds, was one of several groups to demonstrate in Washington over the weekend at the “Million MAGA March” in support of Donald Trump, whom news networks project has lost the 2020 election.
“I think about half this country won’t recognise Biden as legitimate. They won’t recognise this election,” Stewart Rhodes, who founded the Oath Keepers, told The Independent on Saturday in the nation’s capital.
- ADVERTISEMENT -

“What that means is that everything that comes out of his mouth will be considered not of any force or effect, anything he signs into law we won’t recognise as legitimate. We’ll be very much like the founding fathers. We’ll end up nullifying and resisting,” Mr Rhodes said.

Thousands of Trump supporters — including members of far-right groups such as the Proud Boys, the Boogaloo Boys, and the Oath Keepers, as well as ordinary American citizens — participated in the march, which was pervaded by a sense that the 2020 election was stolen from Mr Trump.

That all sounds rather vague. I'd like to know exactly how they plan to "not recognize as legitimate" and "nullify". Either they don't have any concrete behaviors planned out, or Yahoo was more interested in casting them as silly and delusional than they were in actually gathering information about the story. Or both.

I suspect they're doomed to failure, but perhaps they might succeed in raising some public consciousness. I shall watch with interest to see what, if anything, happens.

Funny how US law reacted differently in many cases. Trump should have known that, but he thought he was connected since he has been a lifelong democrat

There is only ONE law for democrats - absolute loyalty to the party. A democrat can rape, murder, molest children, engage in treason, take bribes, sell drugs, you name it and they are immune from penalty. As long as they are 100% loyal to the party.

Trump violated the democrat law, he supported America over the party.

America’s largest militia says it will refuse to recognise Biden as president and ‘resist’ his administration

November 15, 2020

The largest militia group in the US will refuse to recognise President-elect Joe Biden as the nation’s duly elected leader when he is sworn in on 20 January 2021.
The Oath Keepers, an armed right-wing organisation that boasts tens of thousands of members with law enforcement and military backgrounds, was one of several groups to demonstrate in Washington over the weekend at the “Million MAGA March” in support of Donald Trump, whom news networks project has lost the 2020 election.
“I think about half this country won’t recognise Biden as legitimate. They won’t recognise this election,” Stewart Rhodes, who founded the Oath Keepers, told The Independent on Saturday in the nation’s capital.
- ADVERTISEMENT -

“What that means is that everything that comes out of his mouth will be considered not of any force or effect, anything he signs into law we won’t recognise as legitimate. We’ll be very much like the founding fathers. We’ll end up nullifying and resisting,” Mr Rhodes said.

Thousands of Trump supporters — including members of far-right groups such as the Proud Boys, the Boogaloo Boys, and the Oath Keepers, as well as ordinary American citizens — participated in the march, which was pervaded by a sense that the 2020 election was stolen from Mr Trump.

Then they will be held accountable and arrested. The founding fathers were not terrorists asw these groups are.

Oh, NOW you're a big fan of "being held accountable and arrested". Where was this rock-ribbed law-and-order crap spewing from your blowhole during the BLM riots, you hypocrite?

As for the Founding Fathers, thank you for that unsolicited and unvalued lecture on American history as told by an imbecile. First of all, the Founding Fathers were not only considered terrorists and criminals (although I don't believe "terrorist" was really a part of the vocabulary back then) by the British government, they were also technically TRAITORS. INSURRECTIONISTS. No, they were not trying to terrorize the regular citizenry to get their way, but neither are the people in the OP. In the eyes of the British - and, indeed, according to the accepted codes of conduct in the 18th century - they would have qualified.

Second of all, try Googling "Sons of Liberty", lackwit. The Boston Tea Party. Boston in the summer of 1765. The reaction to the Townshend Acts. Yes, many of the Founders denounced their actions, but many conservatives will denounce the OP militia group if they commit acts of violence, as well.

So spare me your attempt to condemn them on the basis of the Founding Fathers.

That's neat. But I'm still trying to figure out what this means in practice.

Hypothetically speaking, let's suppose that I didn't consider Trump a legitimate president. What exactly could I have resisted from his administration?
In your case nothing need be done

the democrst party has been taken over by street scum who riot and destroy our cities from coast to cosdt

but for republicans we have to flood our elected GOP swamp rats with complaints about the stolen election through tel calls, emsils, town hall meeeting and every other chance we get

yes we have purchased all the ammo we can get just in case it comes to that

but the primary weapon against the democrats is public but peaceful outrage

The Republican Party has been taken over by Nazis and right wing terrorists. That is the street scum. You are a treasonous dog.

Gosh, we don't have the approval of the evil sucking leeches that have taken over the Democrat Party. Color me . . . utterly bored and not caring.

You wish you could evolve far enough to just be street scum.

That's neat. But I'm still trying to figure out what this means in practice.

Hypothetically speaking, let's suppose that I didn't consider Trump a legitimate president. What exactly could I have resisted from his administration?
In your case nothing need be done

the democrst party has been taken over by street scum who riot and destroy our cities from coast to cosdt

but for republicans we have to flood our elected GOP swamp rats with complaints about the stolen election through tel calls, emsils, town hall meeeting and every other chance we get

yes we have purchased all the ammo we can get just in case it comes to that

but the primary weapon against the democrats is public but peaceful outrage
Seems to me that it has already come to that with armed trumpers marching around and abusing Republican officials who are just doing their job, issuing death threats, and other myriad and sundry flapping noises. Some Democracy Trump has created, yes? Very ignorant and stupid.

I wonder if you were equally critical the left when they did exactly the same or worse.

November 15, 2020

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Then they will be held accountable and arrested. The founding fathers were not terrorists asw these groups are.

Oh?

They are "terrorists?"

Let's see the terrorist acts they have engaged in, Herr Himmler?

Meanwhile, your Brown Shirts are "peaceful protests."

1608224098449.png

These people are going to “resist” against the Biden administration by...VOTING against them???
It starts by voting against the useless republicans who are not doing their job and replacing them with new blood
Vote harder!

I don't know what the OP militia group has in mind in this regard, since the story didn't say, but the way to use votes to resist would be on the state level. Lobby your state legislators hard to revamp and clean up state elections and illegal usurpations of legislative power by governors and bureaucrats. Make it clear that they are employed only as long as they are satisfying their constituents, and their constituents are very dissatisfied at the moment.

Democrats were able to turn this election into a debacle because the individual states in question hadn't guarded against it. They tried it on a smaller scale in Florida in 2000, and Florida took the hint and got their house in order. Time for other states to follow suit.

The oath keepers send the progs into a tizzy

View attachment 429763
No one is coming to get you either!
Seems to me that it has already come to that with armed trumpers marching around and abusing Republican officials who are just doing their job,
Of boo hoo.

how have lazy and incompetent republican officials been abused?

First they are not lazy. Competent, decent Republicans trying to do their jobs while being berated by an ignorant blob in the WH Who was never a Republican and far from decent. In Being threatened with death threats just trying to do their jobs.

All I heard was, "Competent and decent is defined by sucking up to Democrats!!!!"

Fortunately, literally no one is looking to you for wisdom on how to be competent, decent, or Republican . . . or on any other topic, for that matter. As always, hold your breath waiting for your judgements and condemnations to matter to someone.

So it's the number of complaints you hear not the validity of the complaints? Talk is cheap and the echo chamber can generate a lot of talk. Cheap talk ends at the courthouse door.
I am just an ordinary citizen who has a valid reason to be suspicious of the democrats who have been srealing elections longer than I have been alive

yes the volume of complaints against the dems in this election is shocking.

and I am not dissuaded by slight of hand artists in the media or the courts

Really? The judges recognized the facts and ruled accordingly.
“Facts” are whatever the crooked judges say they are

the judges were not interested in the truth

You know you can go to the supreme court website and see everything that was filed for any case. The complaint, the amicus briefs, the responses, the motions, the oral arguments. You can see what they saw to make the ruling they did.

November 15, 2020

- ADVERTISEMENT -

Tell us... what terrorist activities have they engaged in?
What acts of violence?

Well, leftist panty-wetters are terrified just knowing that right-wingers exist and talk to each other. They feel very frightened and intimidated by the fact that someone is disagreeing with them out loud. They consider that to be "violence".

That help any?

The Republican Party has been taken over by Nazis and right wing terrorists.
Hardly.

Most of the strret violence is coming from your side

And rigging elections is a time honored tactic of the left

btw: the nazi’s were leftist also

The nazis were nationalists like Trump. Like Trump, Hitler blamed Germany's problems on foreigners. Also I don't know of any leftists who want to take over the world.

I suppose you didn't see the protests in Washington by Trump supporters. Or terrorist militias brandishing rifles in the Michigan statehouse. Or the plot to kidnap the Michigan Governor.
You goobers are as trite and silly as the Trumpers. Nazis, really?
In my relatively short time here, this guy busybee comes off as a drama queen with a pretty warped view of reality.

Allegedly, busy is a female. Although it's frankly hard to tell with leftists.

I am just an ordinary citizen who has a valid reason to be suspicious of the democrats who have been srealing elections longer than I have been alive

Yes democrats steal elections by getting people in densely populated cities, to cast more votes than those in sparsely populated rural areas.

November 15, 2020

- ADVERTISEMENT -

If they behave as terrorists, they will be treated as such I'm sure.

Well, since they aren't leftists, I'm sure you're correct. Of course, since they aren't leftists, I also doubt they'll try.

I want to see Chicom Biden's press secretary chased out of restaurants. Protesters at the homes of Communist democrats banging drums and screaming all night. I want drivers to dump communist democrats in the worst parts of the city. Most of all I want to see the children of Communist democrats chased and harassed out of school.

That is what we were taught is resistance.

Forum List

Back