Some simple questions

I asked for ideas. I asked for solutions. I did not ask for blatantly unconstitutional ideas or solutions.
Removing the Second is not "blatantly unconstitutional." It tells us how to do it.
and just what are the odds of that happening?

If it were at all feasible even the idiots in Congress would be able to see it
I didn't know I was talking odds with someone who isn't willing to listen to any real changes.

It's not the gun that causes the crime it's the piece of shit criminal

Like I said we already have federal gun laws and when some people had the balls to actually enforce them they worked
Very true
But we have to find out where criminals are getting their guns

Time to shut the back door
We already know where

DOJ Report on Where Criminals Get Their Guns | National Review

A fair counterargument, though, is that most guns begin life with a legal sale from a dealer, so there may be ways to stop guns from entering the illegal market to begin with.

IS it a counterpoint?

If a gun gets stolen most people report it. So you know where it came from.

Once a gun is legally sold, it is free to go on its merry way without any record of its whereabouts

By the time it shows up in the hands of criminals, it is untraceable
I think all guns should be registered, and if a gun is used in a crime and the last seller did not run the legal background checks and registration necessary for legal transfer, the seller would be equally responsible for the gun crime committed. That would put a damper on the illegal gun trade, I think.

Very true

We already know where

A fair counterargument, though, is that most guns begin life with a legal sale from a dealer, so there may be ways to stop guns from entering the illegal market to begin with.

IS it a counterpoint?

Once a gun is legally sold, it is free to go on its merry way without any record of its whereabouts

I think all guns should be registered, and if a gun is used in a crime and the last seller did not run the legal background checks and registration necessary for legal transfer, the seller would be equally responsible for the gun crime committed. That would put a damper on the illegal gun trade, I think.

Unconstitutional.

We all saw what happened in Gilroy, CA over the weekend. And I started wondering to myself: of all the gun laws and restrictions passed in the state, which ones could have prevented the mass shooting?

I kept wondering: How many more gun laws and restrictions need to be passed in order to effectively stop this senseless taking of innocent life? Moreover, how long will this go on before the ultimate goal is reached and all gun violence is stopped?

None of you liberals know, do you? Laws are nothing but words on paper or on a computer screen, they carry no weight unless they are dutifully enforced.

So why do you continue pushing more gun laws and more restrictions? When will they start doing what you say they'll do?

You see Chicago? Yeah. All those gun laws and restrictions and the city is just about as dangerous as Iraq and Afghanistan were at the peak of the War on Terrorism.

Do you have any policy ideas that aren't geared toward infringing on the ability of law abiding citizens to defend themselves from the dangers the underbelly of the real world brings?

So, when will you stop with the mindless rhetoric and do something productive to curb the violence?

Just some simple questions I know I'll never get a straight answer to.

You guys always seem to have an answer if the gunman is a Muslim. How come all your great ideas fly out the window when the gunman is a white guy?

And gun laws don't help in one state if another state hands guns out like candy at the fair.
So... to deal the coup de grâce:

Assault-style rifle used in Gilroy shooting could not be sold in California, state attorney general says - CNN

There was a law on the books preventing the sale, distribution and transport of the weapon used in the Gilroy shooting in the State of California. Yet, however, that same weapon was purchased in Nevada made its way into California, and was used on innocent people.

Unless Nevada had the same laws restricting the sale and transport of this particular weapon, or any other states in the US, then there were plenty of ways for a murderer to circumvent California's gun laws.

Moral of the story? You need the whole country to forbid the sale and transport of weapons of this kind, from anywhere in the world. You need the country to effectively ban the sales of firearms in general.

Not happening.

Gun laws are useless unless everyone is enforcing them. No matter how strict one state's gun laws are, if all 50 states are not enforcing similar laws, you will always have a way for a murderer to get his hands on an illicit firearm.

Meaning:

CA's super strict, uber liberal gun laws failed those people in Gilroy.
You're right. Gun laws ARE useless unless everyone is enforcing them. That is why I advocate for national firearm laws, instead of piecemeal state by state laws.

How do you do that without violating the Constitution?
That's why I said the Second should go. It is no longer relevant and simply stops any discussion of rational gun control.

Cram your "rational gun control" right up yur arse! :fu:

Rational gun control is hitting your intended target. :Boom2:

What you really mean is banning guns you don't like.

Well I don't like those guns either, but people should damn sure be allowed to have them if they want them. That's not my decision to make for other people.

Very true

We already know where

IS it a counterpoint?

Thank you, Miss Weimar 2019!

IS it a counterpoint?

Unconstitutional.

Also a precursor to gun confiscation a la Germany 1938.

And when exactly do the "good guys with the guns" start to stop these sort of things from happening? I was told by my gun-worshiping friends that an armed population is a safe population.

We are the most armed nation on the planet.
Why are we not the safest?
------------------------------------------------------------ USA is safe enough while Freedom to own effective guns are still mostly preserved . 3 people where murdered in Gilroy while 320 million Americans went home to bed and then went to work the next day RDD .

The data says the USA is not "safe enough".

We have the most guns. Guns make people safe, right?

We all saw what happened in Gilroy, CA over the weekend. And I started wondering to myself: of all the gun laws and restrictions passed in the state, which ones could have prevented the mass shooting?

I kept wondering: How many more gun laws and restrictions need to be passed in order to effectively stop this senseless taking of innocent life? Moreover, how long will this go on before the ultimate goal is reached and all gun violence is stopped?

None of you liberals know, do you? Laws are nothing but words on paper or on a computer screen, they carry no weight unless they are dutifully enforced.

So why do you continue pushing more gun laws and more restrictions? When will they start doing what you say they'll do?

You see Chicago? Yeah. All those gun laws and restrictions and the city is just about as dangerous as Iraq and Afghanistan were at the peak of the War on Terrorism.

Do you have any policy ideas that aren't geared toward infringing on the ability of law abiding citizens to defend themselves from the dangers the underbelly of the real world brings?

So, when will you stop with the mindless rhetoric and do something productive to curb the violence?

Sure. Take 95% of guns from everyone. Forbid their sale anywhere in this country and that includes ammunition. Anyone without a special permit (which one doesn't get without VERY good reason, training and regular re-vetting) caught holding a gun is shot dead on sight.

You don't have a "right" to a murder machine. If you don't want to be attacked by criminals, move out of their neighborhood. What, do you live in Baltimore?

Try reading the questions before spouting a continuous stream of bullshit!

Sure. Take 95% of guns from everyone. Forbid their sale anywhere in this country and that includes ammunition. Anyone without a special permit (which one doesn't get without VERY good reason, training and regular re-vetting) caught holding a gun is shot dead on sight.

You don't have a "right" to a murder machine. If you don't want to be attacked by criminals, move out of their neighborhood. What, do you live in Baltimore?

Where's that "STFU" button when you need it? "Murder Machine", bitch, please!

A chainsaw, screwdriver, sword, axe, or rototiller could all be used as a "murder machine', you ignorant quasi-Canuck! But you know what? People need tools.

What tool would you want when being charged by an alligator?
According to wikihow, you use your feet.
It's called running.

Ever run through a Florida swamp? Dumbass!

I asked for ideas. I asked for solutions. I did not ask for blatantly unconstitutional ideas or solutions.
Removing the Second is not "blatantly unconstitutional." It tells us how to do it.

Good luck with that! Which dumbass politician is going to introduce it? Passing a repeal of the 2nd Amendment would trigger an instantaneous revolution.

And when exactly do the "good guys with the guns" start to stop these sort of things from happening? I was told by my gun-worshiping friends that an armed population is a safe population.

------------------------------------------------------------ USA is safe enough while Freedom to own effective guns are still mostly preserved . 3 people where murdered in Gilroy while 320 million Americans went home to bed and then went to work the next day RDD .

The data says the USA is not "safe enough".

We have the most guns. Guns make people safe, right?

------------------------------------------- I don't take your contrived data seriously as there is all kinds of data floating around . USA is safe enough as people are dying right now in car and motorcycle accidents . And they die in car and vehicle accidents in greater numbers yearly than those killed by these GILROY type events . And generally speaking , guns do not make people safer . Guns make people PREPARED to protect themselves RDD .

Very true

We already know where

IS it a counterpoint?

I think that's irrelevant.

You put a dent in gun crimes by enforcing the laws we already have and it's been proven that when those laws are enforced, they work

You guys keep ranting about how it is the criminal and not the gun that is responsible for killings

Yet, you have no concern about how that gun gets into the hands of a criminal

Good guys with guns ended this in less than 2 minutes.

IS it a counterpoint?

Unconstitutional.
The second amendment encourages the registration of guns

IS it a counterpoint?

Unconstitutional.

No, and STFU with that asinine and retarded nonsense.

IS it a counterpoint?

Unconstitutional.

Did they have their guns registered?

and just what are the odds of that happening?

If it were at all feasible even the idiots in Congress would be able to see it
I didn't know I was talking odds with someone who isn't willing to listen to any real changes.
------------------------------------------ Don't want NO Changes OldLady . And in my experience of 70 years it seems that American gun owners are still pretty Jealous and wary of agreeing with allowing 'gov' or YOU and YOURS to regulate anything having to do with gun ownership in the USA OldLady .

Good luck with that! Which dumbass politician is going to introduce it? Passing a repeal of the 2nd Amendment would trigger an instantaneous revolution.
No it wouldn't. It would trigger that politician being voted out in the next election, though, which is why plenty of politicians who have probably considered it would never breathe it.
I really like this term limits thing. We'd have a lot more guys and gals in D.C. with nothing to lose and maybe they'd actually get something done.

IS it a counterpoint?

Unconstitutional.

No, and STFU with that asinine and retarded nonsense.

It is true

A well regulated militia, being necessary for the security of a free state......

IS it a counterpoint?

Unconstitutional.

Did they have their guns registered?

Yes they did
As members of a militia, they registered what firearms they owned
It was a necessity to know not only how your local militia was armed but what ammunition was needed

Forum List

Back