Some simple questions

I kept wondering: How many more gun laws and restrictions need to be passed in order to effectively stop this senseless taking of innocent life? Moreover, how long will this go on before the ultimate goal is reached and all gun violence is stopped?
The OECD countries which have stricter gun laws than we do have much, much, much lower homicide rates than we do.

So there's the answer to your simple MINDED question.

NEXT!
Curious, some of those OECD countries are smaller than the US. In those cases smaller populations correlate to lower homicide rates.

Moreover, "homicide" can mean any number of things. Knife murders, murders with a vehicle, strangulation, etc. Stricter gun laws do not stop these types of homicides from occurring.

You could have done without referring to my OP as simple minded though.

And when exactly do the "good guys with the guns" start to stop these sort of things from happening? I was told by my gun-worshiping friends that an armed population is a safe population.

We are the most armed nation on the planet.
Why are we not the safest?

Good guys with guns ended this in less than 2 minutes.

Great, why is this not happening all across the country? Why are we not safer than any other country?

because we have more freedom than most any other country and freedom comes at a price.

You mean like the freedom to own firearms?

And when exactly do the "good guys with the guns" start to stop these sort of things from happening? I was told by my gun-worshiping friends that an armed population is a safe population.

Great, why is this not happening all across the country? Why are we not safer than any other country?

because we have more freedom than most any other country and freedom comes at a price.

Yes, that is one.

I kept wondering: How many more gun laws and restrictions need to be passed in order to effectively stop this senseless taking of innocent life? Moreover, how long will this go on before the ultimate goal is reached and all gun violence is stopped?
The OECD countries which have stricter gun laws than we do have much, much, much lower homicide rates than we do.

NEXT!
Curious, some of those OECD countries are smaller than the US. In those cases smaller populations correlate to lower homicide rates.

Moreover, "homicide" can mean any number of things. Knife murders, murders with a vehicle, strangulation, etc. Stricter gun laws do not stop these types of homicides from occurring.

Your response certainly is though.

Smaller populations have nothing to do with rates. Rates are a percentage independent of sample size.

Yes, that is one.

Ok, so maybe more guns doesn't equate to more safety. I feel that we've come full circle here.

Yes, that is one.

Ok, so maybe more guns doesn't equate to more safety. I feel that we've come full circle here.

Pretty sure I have never made that claim.

NEXT!

Smaller populations have nothing to do with rates. Rates are a percentage independent of sample size.
Then how do you explain the wildly varying murder rates between the states?

CA has the toughest gun laws in the country yet their murder rate is 4 times higher than NH which has much looser gun laws

NEXT!

If you reduce gun homicides, you reduce the homicide rate, retard. Gun homicides make up a significant portion of our homicide rate.

I can't believe this has to be explained to you.

Actually, I can believe it judging from your simple minded questions.

Pro guns, pro skill & use classes required to purchase.
Any one considering that all this right /left hate is adding to the number of mass shootings?

NEXT!

CA has the toughest gun laws in the country yet their murder rate is 4 times higher than NH which has much looser gun laws

Cali has a firearm murder rate of 7.9 per 100,000, NH has a firearm murder rate of 9.3 per 100,000

Firearm death rates in the United States by state - Wikipedia

Yes, that is one.

Oh I know. Just stating what I guess is the obvious.

NEXT!

Source?

And I will say there is nothing stopping people from traveling between states like there is between countries. This makes comparing gun laws in different states pointless and only further reinforces the fact that we need federal level laws for gun control.

Yes, that is one.

Oh I know. Just stating what I guess is the obvious.

It is far too simplistic, life is not that black and white.

NEXT!

Cali has a firearm murder rate of 7.9 per 100,000, NH has a firearm murder rate of 9.3 per 100,000

you might not want to use wiki anything

Stats of the States - Homicide Mortality

Murder is murder it matters not how it is perpetrated.

NEXT!

No.

https://www.google.com/url?sa=t&sou...FjAEegQIDxAL&usg=AOvVaw0jAKpbodiXd1i0oRy_LROh

All one has to do is look at the gun laws of the OECD countries to see that gun laws work, and work well, at lowering the homicide rate.

It has to be done at a national level to work.

The second amendment encourages the registration of guns

Please post the relevant text.

A well regulated militia, being necessary to the security of a free state...

The individual right is not tied to the militia, but why repeat myself?

I am responding to the claim that gun registration is unconstitutional

It is not

then you should have to register for all your rights before you exercise them.

If you don't register for your 4th amendment rights and get a permit the cops can walk into your house anytime they want

Our fourth amendment rights are not killing 30,000 people a year

NEXT!

Source?

And I will say there is nothing stopping people from traveling between states like there is between countries. This makes comparing gun laws in different states pointless and only further reinforces the fact that we need federal level laws for gun control.
CDC

NEXT!

you might not want to use wiki anything

Murder is murder it matters not how it is perpetrated.

There is nothing wrong with the wiki data, it is gun murders, your data is all murders.

Forum List

Back