Some simple questions

I believe we get these gun laws because the lack of laws wasn't working either.
We do not have a lack of gun laws. There are literally thousands of state and federsl gun laws on the books.

The problem is that these laws are not enforced

We all saw what happened in Gilroy, CA over the weekend. And I started wondering to myself: of all the gun laws and restrictions passed in the state, which ones could have prevented the mass shooting?

I kept wondering: How many more gun laws and restrictions need to be passed in order to effectively stop this senseless taking of innocent life? Moreover, how long will this go on before the ultimate goal is reached and all gun violence is stopped?

None of you liberals know, do you? Laws are nothing but words on paper or on a computer screen, they carry no weight unless they are dutifully enforced.

So why do you continue pushing more gun laws and more restrictions? When will they start doing what you say they'll do?

You see Chicago? Yeah. All those gun laws and restrictions and the city is just about as dangerous as Iraq and Afghanistan were at the peak of the War on Terrorism.

Do you have any policy ideas that aren't geared toward infringing on the ability of law abiding citizens to defend themselves from the dangers the underbelly of the real world brings?

So, when will you stop with the mindless rhetoric and do something productive to curb the violence?

Just some simple questions I know I'll never get a straight answer to.
I would like to see more accountability of both guns and ammunition

Mandatory background checks on all gun sales including private sales
Registration of guns and bullets
Ban on large capacity magazines
Mandatory training and licensing

If a crime happens......I want to know where the gun came from

It's not the gun that causes the crime it's the piece of shit criminal

Like I said we already have federal gun laws and when some people had the balls to actually enforce them they worked
Very true
But we have to find out where criminals are getting their guns

Time to shut the back door
We already know where

DOJ Report on Where Criminals Get Their Guns | National Review

A fair counterargument, though, is that most guns begin life with a legal sale from a dealer, so there may be ways to stop guns from entering the illegal market to begin with.

I never figured that one out, seems just a pain in the ass for no reason to me.
Some of us choose not to be victims. My Glock 19 is always in my purse, even when I go to church.

I am 55, never carried a concealed firearm, never been a victim.

I am 66, hold Master rank in Tae Kwon Do, and carry a concealed firearm.

Never been a victim.

So, neither one of us have ever been a victim. You carry, I do not. Seems that carrying is not the factor in who is a victim or not.
It isn't but it may very well be a factor if the victim lives. dies or is seriously injured or not

Look, I am not knocking anyone for carrying. If you wish to carry I am glad you are able to do so, but as I said it is just not my thing. I do though get annoyed by those that choose to carry that knock me for not doing so.

We do not have a lack of gun laws. There are literally thousands of state and federsl gun laws on the books.

The problem is there are too many loopholes in those laws

We all saw what happened in Gilroy, CA over the weekend. And I started wondering to myself: of all the gun laws and restrictions passed in the state, which ones could have prevented the mass shooting?

I kept wondering: How many more gun laws and restrictions need to be passed in order to effectively stop this senseless taking of innocent life? Moreover, how long will this go on before the ultimate goal is reached and all gun violence is stopped?

None of you liberals know, do you? Laws are nothing but words on paper or on a computer screen, they carry no weight unless they are dutifully enforced.

So why do you continue pushing more gun laws and more restrictions? When will they start doing what you say they'll do?

You see Chicago? Yeah. All those gun laws and restrictions and the city is just about as dangerous as Iraq and Afghanistan were at the peak of the War on Terrorism.

Do you have any policy ideas that aren't geared toward infringing on the ability of law abiding citizens to defend themselves from the dangers the underbelly of the real world brings?

So, when will you stop with the mindless rhetoric and do something productive to curb the violence?

Just some simple questions I know I'll never get a straight answer to.

Like I said we already have federal gun laws and when some people had the balls to actually enforce them they worked
Very true

We already know where

A fair counterargument, though, is that most guns begin life with a legal sale from a dealer, so there may be ways to stop guns from entering the illegal market to begin with.

IS it a counterpoint?

If a gun gets stolen most people report it. So you know where it came from.

The problem is there are too many loopholes in those laws
No there aren't.

Illegal possession of any firearm is a federal crime punishable by time in a federal prison. When was the last time any Joe Thug on the street did federal time for gun possession?

How many times was the gun charge dropped in a plea deal?

Some of us choose not to be victims. My Glock 19 is always in my purse, even when I go to church.

Never been a victim.

So, neither one of us have ever been a victim. You carry, I do not. Seems that carrying is not the factor in who is a victim or not.
It isn't but it may very well be a factor if the victim lives. dies or is seriously injured or not

Look, I am not knocking anyone for carrying. If you wish to carry I am glad you are able to do so, but as I said it is just not my thing. I do though get annoyed by those that choose to carry that knock me for not doing so.

IDGAF if you carry or not just don't tell other people what you think they "need"or "should" do

Here's a simple question. Why is it that every time some nut job shoots somebody you leftists want to take away my rights?

Never been a victim.

IDGAF if you carry or not just don't tell other people what you think they "need"or "should" do

I did not do any such thing, in fact I did just the opposite.

Here's a simple question. Why is it that every time some nut job shoots somebody you leftists want to take away my rights?
Because the core belief of these people is that everyone is a criminal in waiting

Laws are no deterrent against anything, neither is the promise of punishment to a determined man.

Most of these clowns have histories. Take them out of society early, and permit no reappearance.

So, why do we bother to have laws?
So we can punish people like you that commit crimes. But unfortunately, people like you have destroyed law and order by refusing to punish criminals. Instead, they release them to prey on us again.

Same reason I get denied buying Allegra D, we always punish the innocent for the actions of criminals.

Why legally carry a concealed firearm?

Never been a victim.

But could be a major factor in who survives should an occasion arise.

And when exactly do the "good guys with the guns" start to stop these sort of things from happening? I was told by my gun-worshiping friends that an armed population is a safe population.

We are the most armed nation on the planet.
Why are we not the safest?
------------------------------------------------------------ USA is safe enough while Freedom to own effective guns are still mostly preserved . 3 people where murdered in Gilroy while 320 million Americans went home to bed and then went to work the next day RDD .

Last edited:

Never been a victim.

But could be a major factor in who survives should an occasion arise.

It sure could. To me the odds of it happening are not worth the pain in the ass of carrying all the time.

So I do not. When we got our new car it came with the ability to have an App that would start the car and lock and unlock it. I love that App. Can't wait for winter so I can have the car warming up as I ride down the elevator! My son was like "what if someone hacks it and steals your car". To me the convenience of the app was greater than the odds of being hacked.

But as I said, I am very glad that people are allowed to if they choose.

Very true

We already know where

IS it a counterpoint?

Once a gun is legally sold, it is free to go on its merry way without any record of its whereabouts

By the time it shows up in the hands of criminals, it is untraceable

Very true

We already know where

IS it a counterpoint?

Once a gun is legally sold, it is free to go on its merry way without any record of its whereabouts

By the time it shows up in the hands of criminals, it is untraceable

I think that's irrelevant.

You put a dent in gun crimes by enforcing the laws we already have and it's been proven that when those laws are enforced, they work

Forum List

Back