Sons of the Confederates demand their racist flag on license plates

16051.jpg

If you don't understand why that shirt offends some people- you need a history lesson.

The one about Vampires (vampires arent real).

It wasnt cool then either but blacks didnt have as big of a voice as they do now

Vampires aren't real? And the rest of TV is?

You can find 2 outlaws faster than a vampire. I'll bet money on it. Now dont go so silly that you start talking about how his sword is real ok.

Blade was a rebel playing outside the rules, and he was the star of the show, as if fairly normal.

Blacks didn't have as big a voice in the late 80s?

You dont have to repeat yourself for effect. No they didnt have AS BIG OF a voice then

That's silly. They had plenty of voice. And they said nothing about it.

Really? They had plenty of voice is your response?

And if Treason is a big part of why the flag is so "bad", then why wouldn't all the white people who are loyal Americans had a problem with it?

I've looked for complaints raised about the flag in regards to the show, and I have been able to find NOTHING.

It was presented and accepted by the nation wide viewing audience as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

No, it was accepted by YOU and your folks but you are not a representation of everyone. I never watched the show. So there! It was an unwatchable turd of a show. My opinion wins

The show was fiction. Obviously. THe fact that many of the elements were fantasy does not change the fact that a black rebel was the star of the show, which you denied happened.

The bolded is a lie.

So, you're old enough to have watched the show, even if you didn't?

Do you recall ANY controversy among blacks or anyone else offended by the Confederate Flag or the GEneral Lee?

Because I don't.

What you remember doesnt matter. What matters is people dont like it. I'm not going to shove a turd in your pants and talk about how you didnt have a problem with it when you were in diapers

The Flag was presented and accepted by the nation wide viewing audience as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

No, repeating it doesnt make it true

1. You stated that rebels and criminals are the stars of TV shows, if they are white. Blade was a rebel, and a criminal, and he was black and certainly the star of his show. What part of that are you claiming is a lie?

Do you know the span of time from Dukes of Hazard to Blade? Anywho, heres what I said: Its weird that a show about a pair of white outlaws who regularly ran the police off the road and on street chases was a hit.

Then you stated rebels were stars too. Great! But a rebel and an outlaw can be the same thing but they dont have to be. You know the difference.

2. It matters if people did NOT, "don't like it" then. For all the reasons you libs are pushing NOW for hating the flag would have been just as relevant, if not more so 30 years ago. This shows that your stated reasons for being "offended" by this symbol of regional pride is b.s.

No it doesnt, plus your recollection of whether someone had a problem with it doesnt amount to jack. My recollection is that many did. I guess my recollection wins. See your problem is that when someone says they are offended instead of being a human being and listening to it...you go the asshole route to determine why someone being offended isnt true. I just told you its offensive. Dont believe me? Doesnt matter...your belief doesnt have shit to do with anything

3. No, that fact that the show was a nation wide hit, shows that what I said is true. The flag, and the Gen. Lee were presented as harmless symbols of regional pride. The viewing audience showed their tacit acceptance of this with the high ratings the show got. I am not just repeating my view, I am trying to get you to address an historical fact (of the show's success).

You can say regional pride until you're blue in the face. It also represents racism and slavery. A show about a fast car with a flag on the top doesnt mean people watched for the flag dumbass. Show me the show that featured your dumb ass flag as the star and the viewers for that. I guess since Blade was a hit people support black vampires that carry swords on their backs too!

Wait, I love the walking dead and its a hit....That means that people want to be attacked by a zombie since that happens.

You fail at logic

You know the Constitution of the United States described blacks a 3/5th of a man...that sounds pretty racist to me.

And as Whitehall said, the ships that brought the slaves here, they weren't flying the Stars and Bars.

P.S. - You know that the Emancipation Proclamation only affected the South, Slavery was still as legal as it ever was everywhere else.

The ships that brought the slaves here originally carried the flags of Europe, and the slaves were captured by fellow Africans.....we got stuck with a European and African practice and we ended it.......

Plenty of American ships were slavers- and we didn't just bring slaves in from Africa- a large portion came from the Caribbean.

We didn't get 'stuck' with slavery- America embraced slavery, revelled in slavery and much of the developement of the South depended upon slavery- rice plantations, cotton plantations.

America eventually 'got rid of slavery' but only after a horrendous Civil War.

There were abolitionists who wanted to end slavery- and pro-slavery Americans that wanted to perpetuate slavery- it was the great struggle of the first half of the 19th century- it came up in almost every national election in one facet or another.

If you don't understand why that shirt offends some people- you need a history lesson.

And those people it offends most? They vote for the political party that owned slaves and kept blacks from voting...until they couldn't and then they hooked them on government welfare in return for votes.....

LOL.....yeah.......well you just keep telling the guy driving his pickup down the road with that shirt on that he is a good Democrat.....

Meanwhile- I believe it was Chief Justice Roberts who said:

If the State of Texas wants to prevent this, they can stop selling custom license plates at a profit.

I think that is the only way the State of Texas will prevent this- and that is up to them.

Vampires aren't real? And the rest of TV is?

You can find 2 outlaws faster than a vampire. I'll bet money on it. Now dont go so silly that you start talking about how his sword is real ok.

Blade was a rebel playing outside the rules, and he was the star of the show, as if fairly normal.

Blacks didn't have as big a voice in the late 80s?

You dont have to repeat yourself for effect. No they didnt have AS BIG OF a voice then

That's silly. They had plenty of voice. And they said nothing about it.

And if Treason is a big part of why the flag is so "bad", then why wouldn't all the white people who are loyal Americans had a problem with it?

I've looked for complaints raised about the flag in regards to the show, and I have been able to find NOTHING.

It was presented and accepted by the nation wide viewing audience as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

No, it was accepted by YOU and your folks but you are not a representation of everyone. I never watched the show. So there! It was an unwatchable turd of a show. My opinion wins

The show was fiction. Obviously. THe fact that many of the elements were fantasy does not change the fact that a black rebel was the star of the show, which you denied happened.

The bolded is a lie.

Do you recall ANY controversy among blacks or anyone else offended by the Confederate Flag or the GEneral Lee?

Because I don't.

What you remember doesnt matter. What matters is people dont like it. I'm not going to shove a turd in your pants and talk about how you didnt have a problem with it when you were in diapers

The Flag was presented and accepted by the nation wide viewing audience as a harmless symbol of regional pride.

1. You stated that rebels and criminals are the stars of TV shows, if they are white. Blade was a rebel, and a criminal, and he was black and certainly the star of his show. What part of that are you claiming is a lie?

Do you know the span of time from Dukes of Hazard to Blade? Anywho, heres what I said: Its weird that a show about a pair of white outlaws who regularly ran the police off the road and on street chases was a hit.

Then you stated rebels were stars too. Great! But a rebel and an outlaw can be the same thing but they dont have to be. You know the difference.

2. It matters if people did NOT, "don't like it" then. For all the reasons you libs are pushing NOW for hating the flag would have been just as relevant, if not more so 30 years ago. This shows that your stated reasons for being "offended" by this symbol of regional pride is b.s.

No it doesnt, plus your recollection of whether someone had a problem with it doesnt amount to jack. My recollection is that many did. I guess my recollection wins. See your problem is that when someone says they are offended instead of being a human being and listening to it...you go the asshole route to determine why someone being offended isnt true. I just told you its offensive. Dont believe me? Doesnt matter...your belief doesnt have shit to do with anything

3. No, that fact that the show was a nation wide hit, shows that what I said is true. The flag, and the Gen. Lee were presented as harmless symbols of regional pride. The viewing audience showed their tacit acceptance of this with the high ratings the show got. I am not just repeating my view, I am trying to get you to address an historical fact (of the show's success).

You can say regional pride until you're blue in the face. It also represents racism and slavery. A show about a fast car with a flag on the top doesnt mean people watched for the flag dumbass. Show me the show that featured your dumb ass flag as the star and the viewers for that. I guess since Blade was a hit people support black vampires that carry swords on their backs too!

Wait, I love the walking dead and its a hit....That means that people want to be attacked by a zombie since that happens.

You fail at logic

and Sopranoes....Italian Outlaws, and Empire, black outlaws, House of Cards, politicians as outlaws.....

The bolded is a lie.

Because I don't.

You fail at logic

and Sopranoes....Italian Outlaws, and Empire, black outlaws, House of Cards, politicians as outlaws...And these are shows today....

The Sopranoes...Italian outlaws, the new hit show...Empire...black outlaws.....and these shows aren't 20 years old.....

You know the Constitution of the United States described blacks a 3/5th of a man...that sounds pretty racist to me.

And as Whitehall said, the ships that brought the slaves here, they weren't flying the Stars and Bars.

P.S. - You know that the Emancipation Proclamation only affected the South, Slavery was still as legal as it ever was everywhere else.
That is so stupid it does not even deserve an explanation of what a twisted interpretation of the 3/5 Compromise it is.

Really?

That for political reasons, the Northern lawmakers made the argument that Blacks were property and therefore should not be counted in the census?

Sounds pretty racist to me.

Most low information lefties aren't even aware that the flag that flew off the stern of slave ships for two hundred years was the Union Jack or the French flag or the Stars and Stripes. The Confederacy only lasted four years. Shouldn't we call the Brit flag racist?

Only the Confederate flag was a specific symbol of slavery....the rest were national flags.....the Confederate flag of the democrat party was specifically related to slavery as an issue....
If people want to have any image/symbol/word etc on their car, that is their first amendment right, even if I don't like it.

However:

1. The flag is not the official flag of United States of America.
2. A license plate is enforced by government, in this case local, county, state, and federal government.
3. It is putting a confederate flag in place of the US flag, which violates diplomatic etiquette i.e. official flags of states are always first, and unofficial flags second.
4. It offends not just because it is 'flag of rebellion', a 'symbol of slavery', necessarily, but because a license plate is a government enforced measure - for the government to approve such a plate would be to disrespect union soldiers and affirm confederate claims to statehood.

SCOTUS will probably accept such license plates in their decision.

Supporting license plates that promote authoritarianism is right up their alley, considering they:

- Turned a blind eye to Jim Crow Laws, and other racist legislation.
- Support the action of imprisoning Japanese and German Americans in WW2, violating civil rights of American citizens without a shred of proof.
- Let the government carry out anti-communist witch hunts in the cold war, violating political freedom.
- Allowed passage of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, violating some more civil liberties.
- Allowed passage of the Patriot Act, violating civil rights (especially of Muslims Americans).
- Support imprisoning Americans without charge and without trial, and assassination of US citizens through drone strikes.
- Closed the doors to foreign human rights cases, especially ones involving corporations supporting dictatorships: Justices close U.S. courts to foreign human rights cases

And the list goes on...

If the Supreme Court wants to show it 'supports' civil and political liberties, it could do more than letting gays wed, or letting people have confederate license plates.

And those people it offends most? They vote for the political party that owned slaves and kept blacks from voting...until they couldn't and then they hooked them on government welfare in return for votes.....
You bigots come up with real bullshit propaganda. It was the dems that gave blacks the right to vote. You just ain't got them to pick your cotton for slave wages any more. Poor babies.

You bigots come up with real bullshit propaganda. It was the dems that gave blacks the right to vote. You just ain't got them to pick your cotton for slave wages any more. Poor babies.

Another history challenged jack ass comments

Here's a history lesson for ya, moron. LBJ and a democratic congress gave the blacks the right to vote in 1964. And that's when all the bigots started voting GOP.
Civil Rights Act of 1964 - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

Here's a history lesson for ya, moron. LBJ and a democratic congress gave the blacks the right to vote in 1964.

Why don't you post who voted how...or did you forget to look before you commented. LOL This is going to be hilarious

Here's a history lesson for ya, moron. LBJ and a democratic congress gave the blacks the right to vote in 1964. And that's when all the bigots started voting GOP.

So sorry to burst your white guilt bubble

More Republicans voted in favor of the Civil Rights Act than Democrats

In the 1960s, Congress was divided on civil rights issues -- but not necessarily along party lines.

"Most people don't realize that today at all -- in proportional terms, a far higher percentage of Republicans voted for this bill than did Democrats, because of the way the Southerners were divided," said Purdum.

The division was geographic. The Guardian's Harry J. Enten broke down the vote, showing that more than 80% of Republicans in both houses voted in favor of the bill, compared with more than 60% of Democrats. When you account for geography, according to Enten's article, 90% of lawmakers from states that were in the Union during the Civil War supported the bill compared with less than 10% of lawmakers from states that were in the Confederacy.

What you might not know about the 1964 Civil Rights Act - CNN.com

Here's a history lesson for ya, moron. LBJ and a democratic congress gave the blacks the right to vote in 1964.

Why don't you post who voted how...or did you forget to look before you commented. LOL This is going to be hilarious
I didn't forget....I edited that the bigots became the republicans....more shame on you.

I didn't forget....I edited that the bigots became the republicans....more shame on you.

That never works an d every left loon tries that BS. You lose :)

Just because I usually post in response to people making the opposite claim- I might as well post here too.

The 1964 Civil Rights Act would not have happened except by actions by both Republicans and Democrats.

Democrats proposed the 1964 Civil Rights Act, and LBJ did indeed use his bully pulpit, especially in the aftermath of JFK's assasination to push it through Congress.

But Democrats- Southern Conservative Democrats vehemently opposed it.

Fact: a majority of Democrats voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act- more than the total Republicans who voted yes.
Fact: a majority- and a greater percentage of Republicans voted for the 1964 Civil Rights Act.

Fact: Virtually every Southern Congressman from both parties voted against the Act- there were just very, very few Republicans from the South.

Fact: The Act was being fillibustered by a Southern Democrat in the Senate, and if it were not actions by both Democrats and Republicans to get around that filibuster, the Act would not have passed.

It is inaccurate to claim that Democrats passed the Act, as it is inaccurate for Republicans to claim that they were responsible for passing it- both parties had to vote together to pass the Act.

That never works an d every left loon tries that BS. You lose :)
GOP 99% white...try again.

Forum List

Back