South Carolina schools may teach gun safety and training

Yes she did fire it in semi-auto. Have you ever fired a weapon that is selective fire, on both semi-auto and full auto? Did it feel the same? She obviously did not know how to handle the weapon on full auto.

What second example? I listed rules violated by all 12 of the tragic shootings in your link.
Not for #12, for that you said it was just stupid, which is true.

I said that when I answered the list initially. I then posted a pefectly valid answer involving a rule listed at the link I gave you.

The first time I did so it was in post #307, then I did it again in post #330.

I answered. Now, did you have another example?
Nope, since you couldn't answer the first. You can however jump in on the woman whose 2-year-old shot her dead in the Wal-Mart just after Christmas? What did she do wrong that said rules would have changed? And here's a hint, there is a rule that applies and she didn't follow it and I'll bet most other women don't either.

I did answer it, thank you. The fact that you haven't enough sense to go to posts #307 & #330 is not relevant.

Since you seem to have difficulty, let me make this as easy as possible.

In Part II of the rules, under "Safety Rules Related to Your Firearm":
Rule #6 "It is your responsibility to insure that your firearm is always either about your person and under your personal control, or positively secured from access by children or other unauthorized parties. Prevent tragedy: lock down your firearms when they aren't in use"

Next?
So, she should not have had her gun in her specially designed purse, that hides a gun. Should she also have been Open Carry? They don't seem to be big on hiding your guns eh?

"...your firearm is always either about your person and under your personal control, or positively secured from access by children or other unauthorized parties"

Seems pretty clear to me. Yes, the purses are available. And if you carry your gun in one, you don't leave it in the shopping cart and walk away. Not even for a second.

As it should be. The Boy Scouts even have merit badges for Rifle Shooting
Why does teaching young people about the proper way to handle fire arms seem wrong to anyone?

Rifle Shooting
Mmmm, because it is. Not child need ever use a gun now. Those days are long gone.
It is arguable that No Child needs to ever us a gun, however if a child ever comes across one I want then to know the correct way to handle it.
Which is very simple, don't.

Yep, just walk away to find an adult and leave the loaded gun accessible to kids who may not know how to handle them safely.
Well, they could stand there keeping others away and yell for an adult, but that would require common sense.

Sure, if the gun is in someone's backyard. lol

Why does teaching young people about the proper way to handle fire arms seem wrong to anyone?

Rifle Shooting
Mmmm, because it is. Not child need ever use a gun now. Those days are long gone.

A child may choose to hunt.
A child may choose to help control vermin in a rural environment.
When the child grows up they will retain the knowledge and will be safer and more effective with a defensive firearm.

All of my children were taught proper gun safety before they were taught to shoot. None of them have ever had any problem with it. Three of them have hunted with me and on their own.
Meat comes from a store. There is no reason for a child to need a gun, not in this day and age. We don't teach them to drink at ten either.

Meat is only one of the reasons to hunt. Being a good steward of the land is another. We eliminated the predators long, long ago. Hunting is needed to control the populations of several species. The fees paid by hunters also supports most state conservation departments.

We don't allow them to drink, but we talk to them about it.

Rifle Shooting

When the child grows up they will retain the knowledge and will be safer and more effective with a defensive firearm.

All of my children were taught proper gun safety before they were taught to shoot. None of them have ever had any problem with it. Three of them have hunted with me and on their own.
Meat comes from a store. There is no reason for a child to need a gun, not in this day and age. We don't teach them to drink at ten either.

"Meat comes from a store. " That speaks volumes.

It sounds good, but it is impossible to teach anything in USA schools that is worthwhile. Watering down will occur.

Rifle Shooting

Yes, it's called,........................................wait for it,....................................REALITY.

Want to know where milk and eggs come from, because very few people own cows and chickens but somehow they still manage to have milk and eggs in the house. Remarkable.

It is arguable that No Child needs to ever us a gun, however if a child ever comes across one I want then to know the correct way to handle it.
Which is very simple, don't.

Yep, just walk away to find an adult and leave the loaded gun accessible to kids who may not know how to handle them safely.
Well, they could stand there keeping others away and yell for an adult, but that would require common sense.

Sure, if the gun is in someone's backyard. lol
It's odd, but it seems that most children can manage to find an adult when they need one. And we have this magical new thing that nearly all of them have now called, a cell phone...

Not for #12, for that you said it was just stupid, which is true.

I said that when I answered the list initially. I then posted a pefectly valid answer involving a rule listed at the link I gave you.

Nope, since you couldn't answer the first. You can however jump in on the woman whose 2-year-old shot her dead in the Wal-Mart just after Christmas? What did she do wrong that said rules would have changed? And here's a hint, there is a rule that applies and she didn't follow it and I'll bet most other women don't either.

I did answer it, thank you. The fact that you haven't enough sense to go to posts #307 & #330 is not relevant.

Rule #6 "It is your responsibility to insure that your firearm is always either about your person and under your personal control, or positively secured from access by children or other unauthorized parties. Prevent tragedy: lock down your firearms when they aren't in use"

Next?
So, she should not have had her gun in her specially designed purse, that hides a gun. Should she also have been Open Carry? They don't seem to be big on hiding your guns eh?

"...your firearm is always either about your person and under your personal control, or positively secured from access by children or other unauthorized parties"

Seems pretty clear to me. Yes, the purses are available. And if you carry your gun in one, you don't leave it in the shopping cart and walk away. Not even for a second.
Why not just say don't carry a gun in a bag, ever, and wear it openly in case you need it? Seems simple enough eh?

Rifle Shooting

Yes, it's called,........................................wait for it,....................................REALITY. Want to know where milk and eggs come from, because very few people own cows and chickens but somehow they still manage to have milk and eggs in the house. Remarkable.

So just let the various animals over populate, eat until the area is denuded, and let them (and other animals) starve?

Meat does not come from the store. It comes from slaughterhouses that are about as humane as the Nazi concentration camps. It comes from huge farms that have to inject steroids and antibiotics and other chemicals in order to produce what you buy.

And there is a big problem with feral swine devouring crops. Should we try using harsh words to stop them?

Next?

Why not just say don't carry a gun in a bag, ever, and wear it openly in case you need it? Seems simple enough eh?

It would be very simple. Except some people freak out. Plus, it is left up to the person to carry as they choose, as long as they have a CCW permit. But can you imagine the scene that would have been caused if a woman wearing a pistol on her belt took her child into the store?

The rule I quoted works fine. Next?

Next?

And there is no need to say don't carry the gun in a bag. There are women who never walk away from their purse, ever.

The rule I posted covers this situation and more.

Yes, it's called,........................................wait for it,....................................REALITY. Want to know where milk and eggs come from, because very few people own cows and chickens but somehow they still manage to have milk and eggs in the house. Remarkable.

So just let the various animals over populate, eat until the area is denuded, and let them (and other animals) starve?

Meat does not come from the store. It comes from slaughterhouses that are about as humane as the Nazi concentration camps. It comes from huge farms that have to inject steroids and antibiotics and other chemicals in order to produce what you buy.

And there is a big problem with feral swine devouring crops. Should we try using harsh words to stop them?
No child needs to have anything to do with population control or slaughterhouses. See how great that works, for them?

Next?

And there is no need to say don't carry the gun in a bag. There are women who never walk away from their purse, ever.

So then you are going against the rules. Read them again, guns aren't to be carried in bags.

No child needs to have anything to do with population control or slaughterhouses. See how great that works, for them?

Why not? Should we not teach them the reality of how the world works? Unless you are talking about small children, at which point you have crossed the line into the ridiculous where this threat is concerned.

But can you imagine the scene that would have been caused if a woman wearing a pistol on her belt took her child into the store?
Yes I can, and had she done so she'd still be alive and her toddler would still have a mother and decent life to live. Killing mommy is a very poor start, and she's dead because she broke the rules you posted.

Why not? Should we not teach them the reality of how the world works? Unless you are talking about small children, at which point you have crossed the line into the ridiculous where this threat is concerned.
They have plenty of time to learn how the world works without using something designed for just one purpose, killing things.

Next?

So then you are going against the rules. Read them again, guns aren't to be carried in bags.

Which rule says guns aren't to be carried in bags? I see one that says "Avoid carrying a defensive firearm in a purse, pocketbook, daypack or briefcase". But not a hard rule against it.

But can you imagine the scene that would have been caused if a woman wearing a pistol on her belt took her child into the store?
Yes I can, and had she done so she'd still be alive and her toddler would still have a mother and decent life to live. Killing mommy is a very poor start, and she's dead because she broke the rules you posted.

Yes indeed. Simple rules to live by where firearms are concerned.

They have plenty of time to learn how the world works without using something designed for just one purpose, killing things.

And they have years before they are going hunting. But they can hunt before they are adults. They can join in on a very long tradition, learn an alternative to the slaughterhouse source for meat, and help the environment at the same time.

So.....any more examples of accidental shooting deaths that you think wouldn't be prevented by following the basic safety rules?

Forum List

Back