South Carolina schools may teach gun safety and training

It is still less than 1/10 of 1%. That statement works quite well for a number of years and even if the exact figures do not agree (due to using different sources). And it makes the point.
It's inaccurate, but what the fuck, you're going to use it anyway. Are we done with this part of the debate because I sure as hell hope so.

Since I was only using the "less than 1/10th of 1%" to show the relative rarity of gun deaths compared to the number of gun owners, I was done with it after I posted it. You are the one who has drug it out.
Great. Now tell me of the rules that would have prevent the death in example 12? Go on...

I already did that twice. I'll not post it again.
So you have no answer then? So be it.

I listed a rule from the link that fits and was ignored. If the girl had known the muzzle would climb and how hard, she wouldn't have pulled the trigger. Too much gun.

That is an answer. But then, you claimed there were plenty of examples out there. You listed 12 and I shot down each one (although the author of the article can't count).

He has answered twice. You are not bright enough to understand it.
No, he did not answer. He said it was stupid but then couldn't point to the rules that said don't let a 9-year-old fire an Uzi at a gun range. In other words, he fucked himself and I made my point that even the very best safety methods won't stop accidental shootings and deaths.

It's inaccurate, but what the fuck, you're going to use it anyway. Are we done with this part of the debate because I sure as hell hope so.

Since I was only using the "less than 1/10th of 1%" to show the relative rarity of gun deaths compared to the number of gun owners, I was done with it after I posted it. You are the one who has drug it out.
Great. Now tell me of the rules that would have prevent the death in example 12? Go on...

I listed a rule from the link that fits and was ignored. If the girl had known the muzzle would climb and how hard, she wouldn't have pulled the trigger. Too much gun.

That is an answer. But then, you claimed there were plenty of examples out there. You listed 12 and I shot down each one (although the author of the article can't count).
I gave you one article, to prove that even with just a few examples the rules would not have changed things in all cases. And she fired the gun when it was not in automatic just fine. Plus 9-year-olds don't know how to judge the power of firearms eh? It might have been stupid but none of your rules would have saved that from happening. For that you needed some common fucking sense and none of the three adults with her had any apparently.

And we never even made it to my second example because you couldn't answer the first.

No, he did not answer. He said it was stupid but then couldn't point to the rules that said don't let a 9-year-old fire an Uzi at a gun range. In other words, he fucked himself and I made my point that even the very best safety methods won't stop accidental shootings and deaths.

No, that is not what I said when you asked again. I said I had answered it in post #307. Then I answered it again in post #330.

Do try and keep up.

I gave you one article, to prove that even with just a few examples the rules would not have changed things in all cases. And she fired the gun when it was not in automatic just fine. Plus 9-year-olds don't know how to judge the power of firearms eh? It might have been stupid but none of your rules would have saved that from happening. For that you needed some common fucking sense and none of the three adults with her had any apparently.

And we never even made it to my second example because you couldn't answer the first.

Yes she did fire it in semi-auto. Have you ever fired a weapon that is selective fire, on both semi-auto and full auto? Did it feel the same? She obviously did not know how to handle the weapon on full auto.

What second example? I listed rules violated by all 12 of the tragic shootings in your link.

No, that is not what I said when you asked again. I said I had answered it in post #307. Then I answered it again in post #330.

Do try and keep up.
I am up to speed little moron. You have no answer because these is no rule in this case.

Yes she did fire it in semi-auto. Have you ever fired a weapon that is selective fire, on both semi-auto and full auto? Did it feel the same? She obviously did not know how to handle the weapon on full auto.

What second example? I listed rules violated by all 12 of the tragic shootings in your link.
Not for #12, for that you said it was just stupid, which is true.

As it should be. The Boy Scouts even have merit badges for Rifle Shooting
Why does teaching young people about the proper way to handle fire arms seem wrong to anyone?

Rifle Shooting

I said that when I answered the list initially. I then posted a pefectly valid answer involving a rule listed at the link I gave you.

The first time I did so it was in post #307, then I did it again in post #330.

I answered. Now, did you have another example?

I said that when I answered the list initially. I then posted a pefectly valid answer involving a rule listed at the link I gave you.

Nope, since you couldn't answer the first. You can however jump in on the woman whose 2-year-old shot her dead in the Wal-Mart just after Christmas? What did she do wrong that said rules would have changed? And here's a hint, there is a rule that applies and she didn't follow it and I'll bet most other women don't either.

Why does teaching young people about the proper way to handle fire arms seem wrong to anyone?

Rifle Shooting
Mmmm, because it is. Not child need ever use a gun now. Those days are long gone.
It is arguable that No Child needs to ever us a gun, however if a child ever comes across one I want then to know the correct way to handle it.

Rifle Shooting
Mmmm, because it is. Not child need ever use a gun now. Those days are long gone.
It is arguable that No Child needs to ever us a gun, however if a child ever comes across one I want then to know the correct way to handle it.
Which is very simple, don't.

Nope, since you couldn't answer the first. You can however jump in on the woman whose 2-year-old shot her dead in the Wal-Mart just after Christmas? What did she do wrong that said rules would have changed? And here's a hint, there is a rule that applies and she didn't follow it and I'll bet most other women don't either.

I did answer it, thank you. The fact that you haven't enough sense to go to posts #307 & #330 is not relevant.

Since you seem to have difficulty, let me make this as easy as possible.

In Part II of the rules, under "Safety Rules Related to Your Firearm":
Rule #6 "It is your responsibility to insure that your firearm is always either about your person and under your personal control, or positively secured from access by children or other unauthorized parties. Prevent tragedy: lock down your firearms when they aren't in use"

Next?

Last edited:

Rifle Shooting

A child may choose to hunt.
A child may choose to help control vermin in a rural environment.
When the child grows up they will retain the knowledge and will be safer and more effective with a defensive firearm.

All of my children were taught proper gun safety before they were taught to shoot. None of them have ever had any problem with it. Three of them have hunted with me and on their own.

Rifle Shooting

Yep, just walk away to find an adult and leave the loaded gun accessible to kids who may not know how to handle them safely.

I did answer it, thank you. The fact that you haven't enough sense to go to posts #307 & #330 is not relevant.

Since you seem to have difficulty, let me make this as easy as possible.

In Part II of the rules, under "Safety Rules Related to Your Firearm":
Rule #6 "It is your responsibility to insure that your firearm is always either about your person and under your personal control, or positively secured from access by children or other unauthorized parties. Prevent tragedy: lock down your firearms when they aren't in use"

Next?
So, she should not have had her gun in her specially designed purse, that hides a gun. Should she also have been Open Carry? They don't seem to be big on hiding your guns eh?

Rifle Shooting

Yep, just walk away to find an adult and leave the loaded gun accessible to kids who may not know how to handle them safely.
Well, they could stand there keeping others away and yell for an adult, but that would require common sense.

Rifle Shooting

A child may choose to hunt.
A child may choose to help control vermin in a rural environment.
When the child grows up they will retain the knowledge and will be safer and more effective with a defensive firearm.

All of my children were taught proper gun safety before they were taught to shoot. None of them have ever had any problem with it. Three of them have hunted with me and on their own.
Meat comes from a store. There is no reason for a child to need a gun, not in this day and age. We don't teach them to drink at ten either.

Forum List

Back