South Carolina schools may teach gun safety and training

So, now the big tough guy is afraid of liberals

Must be tough to go through life in fear
Haven't met one on here i'm afraid of, but say if I'm in a great liberal town like Detroit. You may want to carry, but where I live no need to carry.

You must be pretty skeered if you need a gun gun to go out in public

Most of us chickenshit liberals can go through life without it
Yeah you probably can, but if you ever are at the wrong place at the wrong time. A conservative might save your worthless ass. Just saying.
And he may just shoot himself in the foot or kill an innocent person
Yeah, most mass shootings happen in gun free zones.

Like schools...oh the hilarious irony of making it easier for the next Adam Lanza

It does matter because it's fucking dumb. Do the fucking math for once.

You fucking retard. I did the math. I made the statement that the number is less than 0.1%. You claimed I suck at math and that I should divide 32,000 by 65,000,000. I did and the number, 0.0492308%, is less than 0.1%, just as I stated.
Those numbers are not even on the same planet let alone in the same neighborhood. Use Accurate Numbers, period.

Which numbers??? You said divide 32,000 by 65 million.

I originally stated all murders, accidental shooting deaths and gun suicides. That would be 9,200 + 800 + 32,000. Which equals 42,000. If you divide 42,000 by 65 million you get 0.000646154 or 0.0646154%. And my original point still stands.
The number is currently 32,000, not 42,000 for one. And the .00 whatever is the number you should use, and no other. Got it now, dummy?

32000/65000000 is not 0.
That's correct. As I said above, .00 whatever, meaning .00 and whatever follows.

No, it's not accurate you fucking dummy. The real number is the "accurate" one. Yours is bullshit.

Is the actual number 0.1% or greater? No. So it is less than 0.1%.
It's not just less dumbass, IT'S VASTLY LESS. Use Accurate Numbers.

My statement makes a point. That it is less than 0.1% shows it to be a very small number without having to remember a 9 digit number.
I'll help you out, yet again. Your number equals 650,000. Tell us, is using the number 650,000 accurate when the actual number is 32,000? Care to guess what percentage you are off by? It has four digits.

650,000 is what?? There are an estimated 65 million private gun owners in the US. Divide that number by the number of gun related deaths, or 32,000, and you have less than 0.1%.
Yeah dummy, 20 fucking times less. Next time use a real number.

Where's the rule that says you don't let an 8-year-old with a gun instructor standing beside her fire an Uzi at a gun range? Or the one that says you can't carry a gun in your pants?

Did you look at the link I posted for gun safety rules?
Yep, so of those two examples I gave you tell me which of those rules they broke?

I listed 4 rules the first example broke.

Of the 13 tragic shootings you listed here are at least 1 rule each broke:

#1) I already listed 4
#2) The gun was hidden but not secure and had a round in the chamber.
#3) He pointed the gun at his own face.
#4) He had a round in the chamber.
#5) The gun was hidden but not secure and had a round in the chamber
#6) He was carrying a loaded gun in his pocket with a round in the chamber.
#7) He was cleaning a loaded weapon.
#8) Was not an accident but an intentional shooting.
#9) (there is no #9 on your list)
#10) Again, cleaning a loaded gun.
#11) Pointed a loaded gun at something he did not intend to shoot.
#12) Stupid situation -
#13) Yet again, cleaning a loaded gun.
"12) 9-Year-Old Girl Accidentally Shoots and Kills Her Gun Instructor"

Let's work with just 12 for now. What rule of gun safety was broken?

For now? lol No mention of the other 11 that would have been prevented by following basic safety rules?

For one thing, the instructor had to have been in an unsafe position in order for the climb on the weapon to put a bullet in his head.

For another thing, the girl obviously did not understand the operation of the weapon or she would have known what the recoil would do on full auto.

More?
Let's take them one at a time. Now, what rules were broken? I read the list again, just for you, and it doesn't say don't let your 9-year-old fire an Uzi at a gun range with an instructor next to her. So what rule would have prevented that death?

Exactly what is the downside of teaching this class? It is an elective and only 1 semester. There are obvious advantages, from a safety standpoint. If funding were not the issue, and I see no reason it would be difficult to get NRA or other qualified instructors.
But what are reasons anyone would have for not wanting this class?
More kids dying in gun accidents = greater hope for more laws to limit the 2A rights of the law abiding.
Like we see whenever a school is shot up, anti-gun loons are more than happy to use dead kids to push their agenda.
And the NRA materials being used in the schools as part of the mandatory curriculum has no agenda? No, it has a big ass agenda.

Did you look at the link I posted for gun safety rules?
Yep, so of those two examples I gave you tell me which of those rules they broke?

I listed 4 rules the first example broke.

Of the 13 tragic shootings you listed here are at least 1 rule each broke:

#1) I already listed 4
#2) The gun was hidden but not secure and had a round in the chamber.
#3) He pointed the gun at his own face.
#4) He had a round in the chamber.
#5) The gun was hidden but not secure and had a round in the chamber
#6) He was carrying a loaded gun in his pocket with a round in the chamber.
#7) He was cleaning a loaded weapon.
#8) Was not an accident but an intentional shooting.
#9) (there is no #9 on your list)
#10) Again, cleaning a loaded gun.
#11) Pointed a loaded gun at something he did not intend to shoot.
#12) Stupid situation -
#13) Yet again, cleaning a loaded gun.
"12) 9-Year-Old Girl Accidentally Shoots and Kills Her Gun Instructor"

Let's work with just 12 for now. What rule of gun safety was broken?

For now? lol No mention of the other 11 that would have been prevented by following basic safety rules?

For one thing, the instructor had to have been in an unsafe position in order for the climb on the weapon to put a bullet in his head.

For another thing, the girl obviously did not understand the operation of the weapon or she would have known what the recoil would do on full auto.

More?
Let's take them one at a time. Now, what rules were broken? I read the list again, just for you, and it doesn't say don't let your 9-year-old fire an Uzi at a gun range with an instructor next to her. So what rule would have prevented that death?

I already answered that.

Since the rules are for the shooter or gun owner, the one listed in the rules I posted was: "Before handling any firearm, understand its operation.". She obviously did not understand the operation of the gun since recoil causing muzzle climb is a basic fact of the operation of the gun.

Exactly what is the downside of teaching this class? It is an elective and only 1 semester. There are obvious advantages, from a safety standpoint. If funding were not the issue, and I see no reason it would be difficult to get NRA or other qualified instructors.
But what are reasons anyone would have for not wanting this class?
More kids dying in gun accidents = greater hope for more laws to limit the 2A rights of the law abiding.
Like we see whenever a school is shot up, anti-gun loons are more than happy to use dead kids to push their agenda.
And the NRA materials being used in the schools as part of the mandatory curriculum has no agenda? No, it has a big ass agenda.

The agenda will be to teach firearm safety. Not a bad agenda.

Is the actual number 0.1% or greater? No. So it is less than 0.1%.

My statement makes a point. That it is less than 0.1% shows it to be a very small number without having to remember a 9 digit number.
I'll help you out, yet again. Your number equals 650,000. Tell us, is using the number 650,000 accurate when the actual number is 32,000? Care to guess what percentage you are off by? It has four digits.

650,000 is what?? There are an estimated 65 million private gun owners in the US. Divide that number by the number of gun related deaths, or 32,000, and you have less than 0.1%.

You posted "650,000". Perhaps that is why your math didn't work out. The actual number is 65,000,000. Use Accurate Numbers.

Leftist fanatics have been trying for years to keep people, especially children, away from any hint that guns might actually be useful for good purposes. They have striven unceasingly to keep people terrified at even the slightest mention of a gun, and making sure that no one would have the slightest idea what to do if they actually see a gun (in a gun store or a friend's hands etc.).

Now South Carolina is proposing that children get basic gun and safety training in school - something that used to be common at schools just a few generations ago.

If it passes, this would undermine the left's entire agenda of keeping people terrified of guns. If people - especially children - start realizing that guns are no more dangerous than automobiles or power saws, the leftists will have no end of difficulty restricting or banning them. And if normal people find that guns can actually make societies safer when criminals become afraid of assaulting or robbing a person who might have one and knows how to use it... they might start finding they have no use for leftists any more.

Count on this initiative to be fought with everything the leftists can bring to bear: Insults, screaming, fear, lying, etc. (In other words, they will act as they always do. Only more so.)

---------------------------------------------

SC Schools May Teach Gun Training

House bill calls for 3-week study of 2nd Amendment

By Arden Dier, Newser Staff
Posted Jan 9, 2015 8:12 AM CST

(Newser) – Two new bills could bring gun education, including gun training, to South Carolina students. The first is from Rep. Alan Clemmons, who tells WCIV that teachers don't focus enough on the Second Amendment, and that a lack of knowledge about guns and gun safety implies "the gun is an evil object." He cites the example of a student who got into trouble after writing a story about shooting a dinosaur. Zero-tolerance policies are misguided, says Clemmons, whose bill would have students spend three weeks learning about guns and gun safety each year, based on a curriculum backed by the NRA, the Greenville News reports.

Some aren't keen about involving the NRA in state education, but that's hardly the only element of contention. Clemmons' bill would also create a Second Amendment Awareness Day in all state schools, as well as a poster or essay contest with the theme "The Right to Bear Arms: One American Right Protecting All Others," to be held on Dec. 15. The date has drawn criticism because it's one day after the Sandy Hook school shooting anniversary, though Clemmons says he's open to changing it.

LMAO. The state that won't teach sex education and safe sex thinks guns are a bigger problem. Jesus, I'm so glad I don't live there.

You posted "650,000". Perhaps that is why your math didn't work out. The actual number is 65,000,000. Use Accurate Numbers.
I did use accurate numbers dummy. 32,000 divided by 65 million is the number, the only accurate one.

Leftist fanatics have been trying for years to keep people, especially children, away from any hint that guns might actually be useful for good purposes. They have striven unceasingly to keep people terrified at even the slightest mention of a gun, and making sure that no one would have the slightest idea what to do if they actually see a gun (in a gun store or a friend's hands etc.).

Now South Carolina is proposing that children get basic gun and safety training in school - something that used to be common at schools just a few generations ago.

If it passes, this would undermine the left's entire agenda of keeping people terrified of guns. If people - especially children - start realizing that guns are no more dangerous than automobiles or power saws, the leftists will have no end of difficulty restricting or banning them. And if normal people find that guns can actually make societies safer when criminals become afraid of assaulting or robbing a person who might have one and knows how to use it... they might start finding they have no use for leftists any more.

Count on this initiative to be fought with everything the leftists can bring to bear: Insults, screaming, fear, lying, etc. (In other words, they will act as they always do. Only more so.)

(Newser) – Two new bills could bring gun education, including gun training, to South Carolina students. The first is from Rep. Alan Clemmons, who tells WCIV that teachers don't focus enough on the Second Amendment, and that a lack of knowledge about guns and gun safety implies "the gun is an evil object." He cites the example of a student who got into trouble after writing a story about shooting a dinosaur. Zero-tolerance policies are misguided, says Clemmons, whose bill would have students spend three weeks learning about guns and gun safety each year, based on a curriculum backed by the NRA, the Greenville News reports.

Some aren't keen about involving the NRA in state education, but that's hardly the only element of contention. Clemmons' bill would also create a Second Amendment Awareness Day in all state schools, as well as a poster or essay contest with the theme "The Right to Bear Arms: One American Right Protecting All Others," to be held on Dec. 15. The date has drawn criticism because it's one day after the Sandy Hook school shooting anniversary, though Clemmons says he's open to changing it.

LMAO. The state that won't teach sex education and safe sex thinks guns are a bigger problem. Jesus, I'm so glad I don't live there.

That would be bad, if it were true.

Code of Laws - Title 59 - Chapter 32 - Comprehensive Health Education Program

I did use accurate numbers dummy. 32,000 divided by 65 million is the number, the only accurate one.

So where did the 650,000 come from that you posted?

And "less than" is a valid mathematical term, which is why we have "<" as a mathematical symbol.

That would be bad, if it were true.

Code of Laws - Title 59 - Chapter 32 - Comprehensive Health Education Program
"(2) "Reproductive health education" means instruction in human physiology, conception, prenatal care and development, childbirth, and postnatal care, but does not include instruction concerning sexual practices outside marriage or practices unrelated to reproduction except within the context of the risk of disease. Abstinence and the risks associated with sexual activity outside of marriage must be strongly emphasized."

Yeah, that's an education alright, the same as we give to toddlers, while they play naked in the tub.

And "less than" is a valid mathematical term, which is why we have "<" as a mathematical symbol.
650,000 is one percent of 65 million. 1/10 of that is 65,000, which still is nothing like accurate. Why are you so unwilling to use accurate numbers?

650,000 is one percent of 65 million. 1/10 of that is 65,000, which still is nothing like accurate. Why are you so unwilling to use accurate numbers?

I am using accurate numbers. Why are you so fixated on my using "less than 0.1%" and demanding I use "0.0492308%"??

I was making a point concerning the relative infrequency of deaths when compared to the number of gun owners. And, as such, it is valid.

I am using accurate numbers. Why are you so fixated on my using "less than 0.1%" and demanding I use "0.0492308%"??

I was making a point concerning the relative infrequency of deaths when compared to the number of gun owners. And, as such, it is valid.
I'm fixated on it because I like people to use accurate fucking numbers. Less than 50% of teenage girls get pregnant each year might be true but it is nothing like accurate when the number is a tenth of that.

I'm fixated on it because I like people to use accurate fucking numbers. Less than 50% of teenage girls get pregnant each year might be true but it is nothing like accurate when the number is a tenth of that.

And if I were wanting to show an actual number I would do so.

The fact that it is less than 1/10th of 1% is accurate and speaks volumes.

So how about all those "easy to find" examples of accidental shooting deaths that would not be fixed if everyone followed the basic safety rules?

So how about all those "easy to find" examples of accidental shooting deaths that would not be fixed if everyone followed the basic safety rules?
How about telling me the rules that would have solved case number 12, and so far you can't. Carry on.

Forum List

Back