South Dakota Resisted Shutdown, Now It's a Hotspot

Actually nothing is coming their way in South Dakota. The infected, all 300 of them are of the same immigrant community living in very congested housing. The rest of the state has nothing to worry about. Maybe hiring immigrants all from the same village back home should be rethought as a business model.
Apparently you can't read..as it has been posted that the number of cases is over 500 now..you idiots see the word 'immigrant' and instantly think they live in hovels with 30 people, Nothing can be further from the truth..they are making enough to get by...and living the American dream..the one they sacrificed for to come here. You don't know that the immigrants were not infected by some pot-bellied dude with a MAGA sticker on his truck hauling pork from the plant! That's just as likely.

Last edited:
Actually nothing is coming their way in South Dakota. The infected, all 300 of them are of the same immigrant community living in very congested housing. The rest of the state has nothing to worry about. Maybe hiring immigrants all from the same village back home should be rethought as a business model.

over 500 now from the plant -
Not surprising is it? This plant was sold to the Chinese who imported basically all labor. They pay them little and the workers live in very crowded housing. They don't mind because this is just the way they live back home.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a similar outbreak at the Chobani plants. Same business model.
You're an idiot! I live 2 miles from the Chobani plant, here in Twin Falls Idaho. Not only have they had no infections at all..but Chobani has given millions to the local food banks in the last few weeks and is paying full salary to anyone layed off for quarantine..and paying full salary for every employee over 60 to stay home until the crisis passes!
As for those immigrants that Chobani hires..along with a few hundred locals, whose families have been here for a hundred years--most own their own homes...others are renting..even the ones fresh off the boat are in apartments..1 family per unit. Starting wage at Chobani...$14.75 per hour--skilled positions more--average worker makes around $17 per hour.

You know shit about 'business models' as Chobani's owner is a multi-billionaire who owns 80% of his business outright..with the other 20% held by the workers. The Smithfield pork plant was owned by the Chinese.

Even so...Smthfield pork is a disgrace..they are one of country's biggest polluters..and yes..they do pay their workers poorly..with many of them making around $26,000 a year.
To compare them with Chobani is absurd and shows just how little you know.

Last edited:
The exponential rise of cases in SD has began. Heck of a job, Kristi.

‘It Really Is the Perfect Storm’: Coronavirus Comes for Rural America

“One of the negatives of living in a rural community is you think it protects you somehow,” says Leibrand, who for years has also been the health officer—a sort of local surgeon general—of the county, a sprawling expanse of rich alluvial farmland, exurban bedroom communities and steep Cascade peaks midway between Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia. “We get a little bit cavalier, a little lazy about social distancing.” On April 1, Governor Kristi Noem of South Dakota—one of five states, all in the central heartland, without stay-at-home orders—defended her decision to leave South Dakotans “free to exercise their rights to work, to worship, and to play” by saying, “South Dakota is not New York City, and our sense of personal responsibility, our resiliency and our already sparse population density put us in a great position to manage this virus” without resorting to the “draconian” measures taken elsewhere.

Complacency is fast fading, however, as rural residents realize that, far from being immune, they may be uniquely vulnerable when the epidemic reaches them. Even as Noem spoke, Covid-19 was spreading at a Sioux Falls meatpacking plant that subsequently closed after more than 300 workers fell sick, and local officials across the state begged her to issue shutdown and shelter-in-place orders."

Last edited:
Apparently you can't read..as it has been posted that the number of cases is over 500 now..you idiots see the word 'immigrant' and instantly think they live in hovels with 30 people, Nothing can be further from the truth..they are making enough to get by...and living the American dream..the one they sacrificed for to come here. You don't know that the immigrants were not infected by some pot-bellied dude with a MAGA sticker on his truck hauling pork from the plant! That's just as likely.
That would be GOOD news and eliminate the foreigners taking American jobs. But alas, they were infected the same way New York immigrant communities were infected. Too many people living too close together. Now their herd will be thinned the way nature intended.

Ironically the latest out break at China owned meat packing facilities in the good ole USA. Who woulda think it.

Not surprising is it? This plant was sold to the Chinese who imported basically all labor. They pay them little and the workers live in very crowded housing. They don't mind because this is just the way they live back home.

I'm surprised that there hasn't been a similar outbreak at the Chobani plants. Same business model.
You're an idiot! I live 2 miles from the Chobani plant, here in Twin Falls Idaho. Not only have they had no infections at all..but Chobani has given millions to the local food banks in the last few weeks and is paying full salary to anyone layed off for quarantine..and paying full salary for every employee over 60 to stay home until the crisis passes!
As for those immigrants that Chobani hires..along with a few hundred locals, whose families have been here for a hundred years--most own their own homes...others are renting..even the ones fresh off the boat are in apartments..1 family per unit. Starting wage at Chobani...$14.75 per hour--skilled positions more--average worker makes around $17 per hour.

You know shit about 'business models' as Chobani's owner is a multi-billionaire who owns 80% of his business outright..with the other 20% held by the workers. The Smithfield pork plant was owned by the Chinese.

Even so...Smthfield pork is a disgrace..they are one of country's biggest polluters..and yes..they do pay their workers poorly..with many of them making around $26,000 a year.

I'm just surprised that Chobani hasn't been infected the same way since Chobani prefers to hire immigrants also. The owner doesn't really like hiring Americans. I never buy anything Chobani. I never will.

I'm just surprised that Chobani hasn't been infected the same way since Chobani prefers to hire immigrants also. The owner doesn't really like hiring Americans. I never buy anything Chobani. I never will.

Chobani already did it. They infected a host of people with a fungus that was thought at first to be not medically significant. In truth though god knows how many people now carry that fungus in them and how many have been sickened unaware that the yogurt is what made them sick. FDA: 170 Possibly Sickened by Chobani Yogurt Mold | Food Poison Journal

Chobani already did it. They infected a host of people with a fungus that was thought at first to be not medically significant. In truth though god knows how many people now carry that fungus in them and how many have been sickened unaware that the yogurt is what made them sick. FDA: 170 Possibly Sickened by Chobani Yogurt Mold | Food Poison Journal

It makes me glad I'm not a fan.

“One of the negatives of living in a rural community is you think it protects you somehow,” says Leibrand, who for years has also been the health officer—a sort of local surgeon general—of the county, a sprawling expanse of rich alluvial farmland, exurban bedroom communities and steep Cascade peaks midway between Seattle and Vancouver, British Columbia. “We get a little bit cavalier, a little lazy about social distancing.” On April 1, Governor Kristi Noem of South Dakota—one of five states, all in the central heartland, without stay-at-home orders—defended her decision to leave South Dakotans “free to exercise their rights to work, to worship, and to play” by saying, “South Dakota is not New York City, and our sense of personal responsibility, our resiliency and our already sparse population density put us in a great position to manage this virus” without resorting to the “draconian” measures taken elsewhere.

Complacency is fast fading, however, as rural residents realize that, far from being immune, they may be uniquely vulnerable when the epidemic reaches them. Even as Noem spoke, Covid-19 was spreading at a Sioux Falls meatpacking plant that subsequently closed after more than 300 workers fell sick, and local officials across the state begged her to issue shutdown and shelter-in-place orders."
This, from your article:

Those in more remote areas may also have limited access to information, leaving them exposed to dangerous disinformation. In 2016, the Federal Communications Commission found that 39 percent of rural residents, versus just 10 percent of the general population, lacked access to 25 mps broadband; 200,000 in Washington, by another estimate, were shut out. In such a vacuum, “radio—farm radio, talk radio—becomes really important,” Henning-Smith says. And listening, like social media, has its risks: “They might be getting really bad information. People can think this is a hoax, that it won’t affect them.”
Until it does.

You're a fool....80% of the Chobani workforce are white locals....and there is no noticible preference..just a willingness to give someone a chance..understandable since Hamdi was a Kurdish immigrant himself. Your idiotic attempt to link the virus and immigrants is noted..and laughed at. BTW...once an immigrant gets their citizenship..they ARE Americans.

I sure your boycott will keep the owner up at night..LOL!

'Possibly'? In 2013? Voluntary recall? No complaints since? From your link:

“These reports about a product only reflect information as reported and do not represent any conclusion by the FDA about whether the product actually caused the adverse events,” says Tamara Ward, a spokeswoman for the agency.
On Sept. 5, the company that makes Chobani yogurt voluntarily recalled containers with the code 16-012 and best-by dates of Sept. 11 to Oct. 7.

You're a fool....80% of the Chobani workforce are white locals....and there is no noticible preference..just a willingness to give someone a chance..understandable since Hamdi was a Kurdish immigrant himself. Your idiotic attempt to link the virus and immigrants is noted..and laughed at. BTW...once an immigrant gets their citizenship..they ARE Americans.

I sure your boycott will keep the owner up at night..LOL!

My boycott isn't top keep him up at night. It's to let me sleep at night. He has a fondness for foreigners. He doesn't need anything from me.

At some point you have to ask yourself what agenda is behind this coordinated, relentless push by the media to panic the population.
_____

Same thing that has motivated hate filled asshats like the OP for over three years.

Trump Derangement Syndrome.

'Possibly'? In 2013? Voluntary recall? No complaints since? From your link:

“These reports about a product only reflect information as reported and do not represent any conclusion by the FDA about whether the product actually caused the adverse events,” says Tamara Ward, a spokeswoman for the agency.
On Sept. 5, the company that makes Chobani yogurt voluntarily recalled containers with the code 16-012 and best-by dates of Sept. 11 to Oct. 7.

Most doctors do not take lab tests for off the wall contagions; they merely guess a whole hell of a lot. Many people do not go to the doctor either when mildly sickened. Our labs are lacking, the costs are outrageous and many of our doctors are lacking too, IMO. Many doctors will give out pharmaceuticals like guesswork to treat a symptom without learning the cause if that is what is being pushed.

This woman has come up with some of the most ridiculous excuses for not shutting down her state.

Now, they have one of the largest hot spots in the nation with limited health care for the people.

Rural areas don't have very good health care services nor do they have very much available to the people. Nor do they have enough of the proper equipment to handle the amount of people with the virus.

Republicans. The party of death.

South Dakota ==> 6 deaths

New York ==> Over 10,500 deaths

But Republicans are the party of death.

That is so fucking funny, I can't believe it.
Three Trumpers who find ten THOUSAND dead folks....funny

Learn how to read.

What I find funny is the statement that Republicans are the party of death (over 6 deaths) when a largely democratic leadership is presiding over the demise of thousands of New Yorkers.

Doofus.

Who trusts these asswipes.

Complacency is fading fast...........how did they get that ?

The plant was taking measures and when people were showing signs they were sent to the doctor.

But your alarmist bullshit continues.

New York recorded 11,500 new cases and 750 new deaths.

South Dakota has 180 new cases and a bunch...wait zero new reported deaths (which would add the huge total of 6 they have now).

I know, I know.....

If they 6 more.....they've DOUBLED their totals. Time to run for the Black HIlls.

This woman has come up with some of the most ridiculous excuses for not shutting down her state.

Now, they have one of the largest hot spots in the nation with limited health care for the people.

Rural areas don't have very good health care services nor do they have very much available to the people. Nor do they have enough of the proper equipment to handle the amount of people with the virus.

Republicans. The party of death.

South Dakota ==> 6 deaths

New York ==> Over 10,500 deaths

But Republicans are the party of death.

That is so fucking funny, I can't believe it.
______

It's not funny to me. I have spent years surfing the internet looking for the Truth, and, obviously, the trail has gone cold with the fucked up horse shit this fool MarkATL and his half-wit Bolsheviks suck-buds are posting.

Problem with chobani is it's fucking gross to begin with

Probably that nasty greek yogurt that killed em. You'd think all these people wanting the shit it'd be tasty, nope. Terrible.

Also it's probably a good time to go and stay in the nicest hotel in SD and visit the black hills and mount rushmore (if you don't have to break federal law to do it)

Forum List

Back