Spread the wealth - one boat, a few boats, or many boats?

Maybe the question is more like,

why is it so great that Apple made 18 billion dollars in the last quarter? Why wouldn't it be better if Apple made half of that,

a mere 9 billion dollars, and the other 9 billion went to better wages for Apple workers...

...maybe even wages high enough to bring jobs back to the US?
I kind of agree with you, but do you know if all that profit goes to the share holders or a bunch of it going back into the company? I mean to give you this analogy, if you want to make a million dollars you will have to spend 10 million.

A simple notion that so many still reject. Why is a million dollar boat not as good as ten $100,000 boats, and 100 $10,000 boats is even better, and 1,000 $1,000 boats is much, much better still. Now, why is that? It has to do with the economic activity created by such a thing.

What was Obama's answer? I'll chose the other one...

A simple notion that so many still reject. Why is a million dollar boat not as good as ten $100,000 boats, and 100 $10,000 boats is even better, and 1,000 $1,000 boats is much, much better still. Now, why is that? It has to do with the economic activity created by such a thing.
Using your logic a million hundred dollar boats would be ideal. Isn't that what we have now?
That's actually not as good because for a one dollar boat all you need is a bathtub, and people already have those.
I've never seen a bathtub that costs less than about $200. Some cost $10,000.

People need bathtubs, they should be provided by the government for free

I will give paint my house an A for effort though he just used the wrong analogy. I would rather cruise around in a practical $40,000 mustang convertible then a quater million plus Lamborghini. The speed limit for most part is 70 mph, you don't need to buy $60 a quart oil for a mustang or ship it over seas to get it fixed by the factory
The point is always the same. If you sell gas or auto parts you want many Stangs not just one Lambo.

And the really rich guy is only going to eat one dinner each night. Restaurants want many mouths to feed not just one.

Tell ya what.....................if you can, try to find a Wal-Mart that
I will give paint my house an A for effort though he just used the wrong analogy. I would rather cruise around in a practical $40,000 mustang convertible then a quater million plus Lamborghini. The speed limit for most part is 70 mph, you don't need to buy $60 a quart oil for a mustang or ship it over seas to get it fixed by the factory
The point is always the same. If you sell gas or auto parts you want many Stangs not just one Lambo.

And the really rich guy is only going to eat one dinner each night. Restaurants want many mouths to feed not just one.
Of course, but the op analogy is wrong, thousands of people built that mega yacht that I posted and a few people built the Gilligan island boat

I think everyone can see how slow our economy is right now. This is because all the money is going to the richest and wages are stagnant for the many.

why is it so great that Apple made 18 billion dollars in the last quarter? Why wouldn't it be better if Apple made half of that,

a mere 9 billion dollars, and the other 9 billion went to better wages for Apple workers...

I kind of agree with you, but do you know if all that profit goes to the share holders or a bunch of it going back into the company? I mean to give you this analogy, if you want to make a million dollars you will have to spend 10 million.

Apple is sitting on almost 200 billion in cash.

Chinese Workers Making iPhones Work 11-Hour Shifts, 6 Days A Week, For $1.50 Per Hour

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/china-labor-watch-apple-iphone-workers-2013-7#ixzz3RRjO9WYR

The bottom line....It's none of your business how others spend THEIR money
No, it matters very much, if you want a healthy economy that is.

A healthy economy is the last thing that will happen if you are allowed to have any say in how someone else's money is spent.
My economy is the one we once had, right here, and was very healthy before the ideological morons ruined it.

When was that? The "ideological morons who ruined it" are called "liberals" or "Democrats"

A healthy economy is the last thing that will happen if you are allowed to have any say in how someone else's money is spent.

An economy won't succeed if all government is eliminated, as is your repeated desire.

Bullshit. There's absolutely no evidence to support your claim. Government is the single biggest threat to any economy.

Of course, but the op analogy is wrong, thousands of people built that mega yacht that I posted and a few people built the Gilligan island boat

i think his point is that the economy is stronger and grows faster if we have a strong middle class rather than a few getting most of the money.

i think his point is that the economy is stronger and grows faster if we have a strong middle class rather than a few getting most of the money.

Which is why Progressive economies fail 100% of the time. The Party Bosses get everything, the rest are either slaves or fertilizer in the mass graves

An economy won't succeed if all government is eliminated, as is your repeated desire.

Bullshit. There's absolutely no evidence to support your claim. Government is the single biggest threat to any economy.

What economy has succeeded with no government? What country has a strong middle class without government involvement?

Which is why Progressive economies fail 100% of the time. The Party Bosses get everything, the rest are either slaves or fertilizer in the mass graves

And what examples do you have of the opposite succeeding? What do you consider a progressive economy?

Dah! Dah!

The Kulaks are preventing the workers paradise!!

My economy is the one we once had, right here, and was very healthy before the ideological morons ruined it.

In the USSR and Mao's China.

When was that? The "ideological morons who ruined it" are called "liberals" or "Democrats"

Unions created the middle class, what side are they on?

And what examples do you have of the opposite succeeding? What do you consider a progressive economy?

What opposite? You mean American free enterprise?

Coolidge and Reagan are the 2 best examples of an economy left to it's own devices

It's just like mansions, thousands of people built it, a carpenter team of 6 can build a basic house in a month, there is other thousands of jobs involved, like the refrigerator makers, stove makers, wash and dryer companies and the like, but you need quantity

When you build a Manson you employ high quality workers, that demands high wages, like marble workers, gold plated water faucets companies artist, interior decorators and the like, all high paying jobs
Quality
So I have no problem with rich people building mansions

What opposite? You mean American free enterprise?

Coolidge and Reagan are the 2 best examples of an economy left to it's own devices

There was a lot of government spending during that Reagan economy.

Forum List

Back