Stiff warning to Trump, Sessions, and GOP on marijuana

Everyone that uses pot does so with the intent of getting high. They are addicts. ...
I think i agree ... that "normal" pot usage has the intent of getting "high" (not sure about medical pot users).
HOWEVER, that does not mean pot users are "addicts".
I use marijuana maybe once every few years ... to get high (the smoke does not do much for me; it's actually a negative). I know i'm not addicted to it. It's just a recreational change of pace, like going to an opera every few years.
I think you are the exception rather than the rule. Some people make a six pack last for months too but that isn't the norm. I think pot can be psychologically addictive but like all addictions you have to give in to it.

You're right, marijuana CAN be psychologically addictive to SOME (not all) people. But, people can become psychologically addicted to just about anything, like shopping, gambling, people (it's called codependency), working out, etc.

It actually depends on the person.

Parroting lies of old changes nothing. The numbers tell the real story. The "Reefer Madness" generation, those who insist on parroting lies today since their birdbrains have parroted the same lies their entire lives, is dying off. It is being replaced by those who have actually used or watched people use weed, and they are for legalization. The numbers go up 2% every election, meaning it will be 60% of the voting public for legal weed by the next midterm....

Actually, sorry, it was 58% at the last election, now reading 60% today...

Support for Legal Marijuana Use Up to 60% in U.S.

WASHINGTON, D.C. -- With voters in several states deciding this fall whether to legalize the use of marijuana, public support for making it legal has reached 60% -- its highest level in Gallup's 47-year trend.

uu5e1ycj_kqf1dim_mvmew.png

So here's the reality for the GOP. Listen to old, senile, completely misinformed parroting idiots at your own peril. Sell out to the LAWYER LOBBY at your own peril. Sell out to those on the dole of the LEGAL LOBBY at your own peril - that means JDAAC preachers, Mr. Sessions.

Marijuana will be legal soon. Whether you are in office when it does depends on whether you have a clue and a molecule of patriotism to the US at a time of almost $20 trillion in debt... thanks in large part to the LEGAL LOBBY....

Definitely legalization is coming. I live in Colorado and the gold didn't melt off of the capital building because of it. Last year 2.5 billion was sold in recreational marijuana--and the state treasury expanded by 125 million in tax revenue. It's regulated like alcohol and tobacco. It's created a lot of jobs in this state. So it is great for the economy and state tax revenues.
Colorado's marijuana tax revenues nearly double last year's figures

We in Colorado passed it, with the thought, as we're putting a dent into the Mexican drug lords, who grow marijuana on the cheap in Mexico & bring it up here to sell. They take the profits from that and use it to manufacture hard core drugs like crack, cocaine and Meth. In fact, Mexico was begging the United States to legalize marijuana during the Obama administration, which would put the illegal drugs flowing across the border to an end.

We really don't have any marijuana crime in this state. We have found that alcohol DUI'S are less than they have been in previous years. So recreational marijuana is working just fine here.
It's working fine if you want to put children in the hospital with pot poisoning.

Legalized marijuana sends more kids to the hospital in Colorado

The only reason that kids end up going to the hospital is because their PARENTS aren't being responsible with their edibles and kids find it and think it's candy and eat it.

But.............same think can be said about Tide laundry pods. I've seen many commercials warning parents that they look like candy and kids are prone to eat them if they see them.

Everyone that uses pot does so with the intent of getting high. They are addicts. ...
I think i agree ... that "normal" pot usage has the intent of getting "high" (not sure about medical pot users).
I use marijuana maybe once every few years ... to get high (the smoke does not do much for me; it's actually a negative). I know i'm not addicted to it. It's just a recreational change of pace, like going to an opera every few years.
I think you are the exception rather than the rule. Some people make a six pack last for months too but that isn't the norm. I think pot can be psychologically addictive but like all addictions you have to give in to it.

You're right, marijuana CAN be psychologically addictive to SOME (not all) people. But, people can become psychologically addicted to just about anything, like shopping, gambling, people (it's called codependency), working out, etc.

A realistic concern for recreational users of marijuana is whether or not they will become addicted. There are no easy answers to this question. In my opinion, the most unbiased book on this and other related topics is The Science of Marijuana (2008). The Science of Marijuana is written by Leslie L. Iverson, a professor of pharmacology at the University of Cambridge in England. In the book, he reviews decades of international research on marijuana, both laboratory research and survey research. Based on his review of the scientific literature, between 10 to 30% of regular users will develop dependency. Only about 9% will have a serious addiction. For an excellent post on the biology of marijuana addiction see http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/all-about-addiction/201001/is-marijuana-addictive-you-can-bet-your-heroin

So much for state rights.

The war on drugs is fascist and unconstitutional as they come.

A realistic concern for recreational users of marijuana is whether or not they will become addicted. There are no easy answers to this question. In my opinion, the most unbiased book on this and other related topics is The Science of Marijuana (2008). The Science of Marijuana is written by Leslie L. Iverson, a professor of pharmacology at the University of Cambridge in England. In the book, he reviews decades of international research on marijuana, both laboratory research and survey research. Based on his review of the scientific literature, between 10 to 30% of regular users will develop dependency. Only about 9% will have a serious addiction. For an excellent post on the biology of marijuana addiction see http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/all-about-addiction/201001/is-marijuana-addictive-you-can-bet-your-heroin

Okay, so all you did to reply was just cut and paste some article that is over 7 years old. Got news for you, lots more research has been done since then, so do try to get something more current.

As far as addiction? Well, I was a Navy Drug and Alcohol Program Advisor for the last 8 years of my career, and nothing that they provided me with showed that it was addictive, and lots of the research they gave me was vague about the long term effects, so I decided that when I retired, I was going to see what all the fuss was about. I spent the first few months of my retirement researching marijuana and it's effects from places like Harvard and British Medical Society, and I could find nothing there that said it was really bad for you, so I did the ultimate experiment and tried it on myself.

Since then? I've been a regular consumer (especially when I go to CO), and have found no seriously bad effects. I used to smoke cigarettes, but quit, and I noticed something. When I was smoking cigarettes, my O2 uptake was cut down by quite a bit, because I wasn't as fast on my bicycle as when I didn't smoke, so I quit cigarettes, but kept smoking marijuana. Know what? Marijuana doesn't cut down on my O2 uptake as much as cigarettes did. Matter of fact, the effect is negligible.

As far as what happens to me when I run out? I say "bummer, I'm out of smoke" and I wait until I can get some more. I don't freak out, don't get shakes, or any other kind of withdrawl symptoms. I'm just out, and have to wait until it becomes available again.

Okay, so all you did to reply was just cut and paste some article that is over 7 years old. Got news for you, lots more research has been done since then, so do try to get something more current.
No. The author said that was the best study she knew of and she's studied it objectively, unlike yourself. But since when is posting a source considered bad form? That's the thing that always gets me about potheads. Something is always off but they think it's everything else, not them. I know for a fact that it stunts development of one's maturity level. No one needs your approval.

I know for a fact that it stunts development of one's maturity level.

No, going to church does that. Learn how to think and ask questions. You already aced PARROTING and being sure of PARROTING because you are the birdbrain who parroted, nevermind the accuracy of what you parroted.

I don't freak out, don't get shakes, or any other kind of withdrawl symptoms. I'm just out, and have to wait until it becomes available again.

I know. The people with all the fear have no truth, just the BS the Prison Industrial Complex wants planted in their sub human birdbrains. Usually, it is planted in church, but also from the media.

The 'War on Drugs' should be ended. Decriminalize most drugs. Adults can decide for themselves whether or not they wanna get high or drunk. It's not a Government issue.

I'm disappointed Trump has decided to escalate the war. I'm beginning to lose faith in him. He seems to be headed in that Totalitarian Police State direction. I thought he was more of a moderate.

No. The author said that was the best study she knew of and she's studied it objectively, unlike yourself. But since when is posting a source considered bad form? That's the thing that always gets me about potheads. Something is always off but they think it's everything else, not them. I know for a fact that it stunts development of one's maturity level. No one needs your approval.
having nothing but fallacy, is a sign of immaturity. the abomination of hypocrisy is worse than marijuana.

The 'War on Drugs' should be ended. Decriminalize most drugs. Adults can decide for themselves whether or not they wanna get high or drunk. It's not a Government issue.

I'm disappointed Trump has decided to escalate the war. I'm beginning to lose faith in him. He seems to be headed in that Totalitarian Police State direction. I thought he was more of a moderate.
Nothing but social plans and no capital plans.

He is already running deficits on his, "remove two regulations for every one regulation implemented".

Should we deny and disparage him, steak and lobster, and require him to smoke pot?

Nothing but social plans and no capital plans.

He is already running deficits on his, "remove two regulations for every one regulation implemented".

Should we deny and disparage him, steak and lobster, and require him to smoke pot?

I just thought he'd a bit more of a moderate. But it's beginning to look he's all-in on Police State oppression. I'm concerned.

A nation of drugged out stoners. That's a recipe for success.

How did we decide to be walking dead?

We're already that. Legal Prescription Drugs has created it. But no one's ever overdosed and died from Marijuana. At the very least, it should be decriminalized. No one should be locked away in a cage for smoking some Marijuana. That's just barbaric.

We need to evolve as a nation. Human Beings wanna get high and drunk. That's just the way it is. As long as they're adults, they should be allowed to make the decision. It isn't a Government decision.

Agree decriminalize, all drugs. will stop 90 % of all the crime created by drug laws/ takes the money motive away. the population of criminal drug users will become small. save us billions on jails. there will always be a % of population that are drunks/ druggies. crime will go down. its a win win you cant legislate morality.

Marijuana will be legal soon. Whether you are in office when it does depends on whether you have a clue and a molecule of patriotism to the US at a time of almost $20 trillion in debt... thanks in large part to the LEGAL LOBBY....

Marijuana has never, is not, and never will be legal around me. Regardless of what law the Local, state or Federal Government puts in place.

I turned in a college roommate for possession. He got arrested and expelled from school. I've informed my s-i-l's and their significant others that if I even think they gave it around me, especially on my property, they risk being turned in (at best). I will turn in any coworker or family member I find to be using it as well.

There is no need for that shit. No more than cocaine or pretty much any other mind altering drug.

Marijuana has never, is not, and never will be legal around me. Regardless of what law the Local, state or Federal Government puts in place.

I turned in a college roommate for possession. He got arrested and expelled from school. I've informed my s-i-l's and their significant others that if I even think they gave it around me, especially on my property, they risk being turned in (at best). I will turn in any coworker or family member I find to be using it as well.

There is no need for that shit. No more than cocaine or pretty much any other mind altering drug.

You need to light up a spliff and chill mon. It's better and safer than the legal prescription psychiatric drugs you're currently on. So get yaself some Ganja right now mon. Enjoy. :)

Forum List

Back