Surge, Obama's popularity spikes

PHP:
Obama, is no Clinton.

Exactly. I'm no republican mouthpiece. I'm a conservative. Unlike liberals, I give credit where credit is due (something that is as foreign to a liberal as compassion is).

Clinton, although a disgrace to the office, turned our economy around and did a hell of a job returning us to economic viability. I give him absolute credit for that. Now, if he could have just kept his pants zipped up and not around his ankles.......

Obama? I'm waiting........Obama?

Like Clint said. Empty suit.

Democrats always conveniently forget that part of the reason Clinton turned the economy around was his direct assault on entitlement programs which Liberals completely despised at the time. Liberals really do have a short memory.
Bullshit.

Completely and utter bullshit.

The reason the government was SHUT DOWN was because of Clinton's DEFENSE of Medicare..which Newt Gingrich wanted to eviscerate. The only "entitlement" Clinton made changes to was welfare. He put a time limit on if of 3 years. But with that..Clinton gave block grants to States for Adult education..and made allowances for people without jobs to go to school for retraining.

Both programs were halted by the Bush administration, by the way.

The economy is NOT growing, unemployment is RAISING, housing prices are FLAT

GDP SOARS PAST EXPECTATIONS, RISING 3.1 PERCENT
Q3 GDP Third Release - Business Insider

Jobless Rate Edges Down to Its Lowest Level in 4 Years
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/08/b...s-as-unemployment-rate-falls-to-7-7.html?_r=0

Housing Prices Climb; Market 'Clearly Recovering'

Ah ... retarded I see.

Ah..Conservatives displaying a skewed and altered vision of reality..I see.

GDP SOARS PAST EXPECTATIONS, RISING 3.1 PERCENT
Q3 GDP Third Release - Business Insider

Jobless Rate Edges Down to Its Lowest Level in 4 Years
http://www.nytimes.com/2012/12/08/b...s-as-unemployment-rate-falls-to-7-7.html?_r=0

Ah ... retarded I see.

Ah..Conservatives displaying a skewed and altered vision of reality..I see.

Ah .. Liberals. Displaying a skewed and altered vision of reality, as usual, I see.

Apparently, You don't bother to read posts, do you. Us conservatives don't warrant your "thoughtful consideration", huh?

Please actually READ my post before you accuse ME of being blinded by "rhetoric". The economy IS improving - at the SLOWEST PACE in US History. Have you forgotten that your boy is in his 5th year in office?

Or are you so dead set in blaming Bush for the next 65 years that it simply doesn't matter anymore?

Housing Sales are up - no doubt. AGAIN, people are buying from existing inventory and very little NEW CONSTRUCTION. New housing starts have barely made a blip on the radar. Home buyers out there are "grabbing up" peoples misery - their foreclosed homes at less than market value. In words that even YOU can comprehend - it's a fire sale.

There is NOTHING to indicate that this "economy" is doing anything other than limping along like a turtle with one leg. Absolutely nothing.

Now, you can spend the rest of your life blaming your hated Bush - that's your choice. But at some point, you are going to come to the conclusion that your boy has done nothing to warrant his second term in office.

Quite frankly, I am AMAZED that you liberals have just witnessed the beginning of the tax increases - after Obama promised over and over repeatedly that he would NOT do that - and you guys are as quiet as church mice. Wait till Obamacare kicks in and you see hundreds (hell who knows, maybe thousands) more coming out of your paychecks, maybe you'll quit being stupid then....I sincerely doubt it, but what the hell, a guy can dream, can't he?

Slow compared to what?

Seriously..what are you using as a benchmark?

We haven't seen this sort of economic calamity since Roosevelt. And Republicans are breaking records with the filibuster. They have also broken other records. Like a record for doing absolutely nothing. This congress has gotten almost nothing done.

So considering both the factors, the FACT that the economy is improving IN SPITE of Republican attempts to sabotage it is pretty phenomenal.

PHP:

Exactly. I'm no republican mouthpiece. I'm a conservative. Unlike liberals, I give credit where credit is due (something that is as foreign to a liberal as compassion is).

Clinton, although a disgrace to the office, turned our economy around and did a hell of a job returning us to economic viability. I give him absolute credit for that. Now, if he could have just kept his pants zipped up and not around his ankles.......

Obama? I'm waiting........Obama?

Like Clint said. Empty suit.

Democrats always conveniently forget that part of the reason Clinton turned the economy around was his direct assault on entitlement programs which Liberals completely despised at the time. Liberals really do have a short memory.
Bullshit.

The reason the government was SHUT DOWN was because of Clinton's DEFENSE of Medicare..which Newt Gingrich wanted to eviscerate. The only "entitlement" Clinton made changes to was welfare. He put a time limit on if of 3 years. But with that..Clinton gave block grants to States for Adult education..and made allowances for people without jobs to go to school for retraining.

I'm so sorry for you in that you are one of the IDIOTS who has forgotten Clinton's actions against Welfare. How about this numbskull... I'll even give you a link to one of your limp wrist Liberal news outlets...CNN
From the link moron: In a talk that seemed aimed at liberals who have accused him of betraying poor children, the president said he and Congress can correct what's wrong with this bill, but they could not afford to miss the chance to fix a system that does not reinforce the values of work and family.
Bullshit MY ASS> AllPolitics - A Sweeping Welfare Change - Aug. 22, 1996

Apparently, You don't bother to read posts, do you. Us conservatives don't warrant your "thoughtful consideration", huh?

Please actually READ my post before you accuse ME of being blinded by "rhetoric". The economy IS improving - at the SLOWEST PACE in US History. Have you forgotten that your boy is in his 5th year in office?

Or are you so dead set in blaming Bush for the next 65 years that it simply doesn't matter anymore?

Housing Sales are up - no doubt. AGAIN, people are buying from existing inventory and very little NEW CONSTRUCTION. New housing starts have barely made a blip on the radar. Home buyers out there are "grabbing up" peoples misery - their foreclosed homes at less than market value. In words that even YOU can comprehend - it's a fire sale.

There is NOTHING to indicate that this "economy" is doing anything other than limping along like a turtle with one leg. Absolutely nothing.

Now, you can spend the rest of your life blaming your hated Bush - that's your choice. But at some point, you are going to come to the conclusion that your boy has done nothing to warrant his second term in office.

Quite frankly, I am AMAZED that you liberals have just witnessed the beginning of the tax increases - after Obama promised over and over repeatedly that he would NOT do that - and you guys are as quiet as church mice. Wait till Obamacare kicks in and you see hundreds (hell who knows, maybe thousands) more coming out of your paychecks, maybe you'll quit being stupid then....I sincerely doubt it, but what the hell, a guy can dream, can't he?

Slow compared to what?

We haven't seen this sort of economic calamity since Roosevelt. And Republicans are breaking records with the filibuster. They have also broken other records. Like a record for doing absolutely nothing. This congress has gotten almost nothing done.

So considering both the factors, the FACT that the economy is improving IN SPITE of Republican attempts to sabotage it is pretty phenomenal.

wow ... the extent to which you have to lie to yourself to be able to believe in your ideology is disturbing. Why do you do it?

Bullshit.

I'm so sorry for you in that you are one of the IDIOTS who has forgotten Clinton's actions against Welfare. How about this numbskull... I'll even give you a link to one of your limp wrist Liberal news outlets...CNN
From the link moron: In a talk that seemed aimed at liberals who have accused him of betraying poor children, the president said he and Congress can correct what's wrong with this bill, but they could not afford to miss the chance to fix a system that does not reinforce the values of work and family.

Oh my bad.

The measure, hammered out in Congress over the past several months, imposes a five-year limit on benefits, requires able-bodied recipients to go to work after two years, and gives states incentives to create jobs for people on welfare.

It was five year..not 3..like I posted.

Seriously.

Do you guys EVER READ ANYTHING?

This is EXACTLY what I posted.

Slow compared to what?

wow ... the extent to which you have to lie to yourself to be able to believe in your ideology is disturbing. Why do you do it?

What is it tonight?

Mad dog 2020..

Or Olde English!

Hey..it's Friday..have fun!

Bullshit.

Oh my bad.

The measure, hammered out in Congress over the past several months, imposes a five-year limit on benefits, requires able-bodied recipients to go to work after two years, and gives states incentives to create jobs for people on welfare.

Seriously.

And did you read what I posted, which you called bullshit? Apparently not... Try to read again what it is that I said which you called bullshit, and ask yourself whether your response was called for. My CNN link proves exactly what I said, and what I said was hardly bullshit... But maybe you need a grown up to interpret it for you.
Again: Democrats always conveniently forget that part of the reason Clinton turned the economy around was his direct assault on entitlement programs which Liberals completely despised at the time. Liberals really do have a short memory.

Last edited:

Poll: Obama approval rating hits three-year high at 60 percent

By Justin Sink
01/30/13

President Obama's personal popularity continues to surge, with six in 10 voters saying they have a favorable impression of the president in a poll released Wednesday.

The survey, conducted by The Washington Post and ABC News...
I just have to ask according to whom? I could take a survey of chickens in the henhouse and ask which Rooster they liked best and I'm sure they'd all say the one that got me last.

Slow compared to what?

What is it tonight?

Mad dog 2020..

Or Olde English!

Hey..it's Friday..have fun!

Oh... you're drinking? I figured you were smoking something.

Oh my bad.

Seriously.

And did you read what I posted, which you called bullshit? Apparently not... Try to read again what it is that I said which you called bullshit, and ask yourself whether your response was called for. My CNN link proves exactly what I said, and what I said was hardly bullshit... But maybe you need a grown up to interpret it for you.
Again: Democrats always conveniently forget that part of the reason Clinton turned the economy around was his direct assault on entitlement programs which Liberals completely despised at the time. Liberals really do have a short memory.

Because it was bullshit.

Clinton didn't "assault" anything.

He made changes..and they actually worked out in the short term to be more expensive then keeping the status quo. But in the long term they worked pretty well, because people were finding jobs..due to retraining.

Liberals didn't "despise" it either.

Seriously?

Ok. Im honestly suprised by this.

What is surprising is that anyone would bother to report it much less post it as a "surge."

Gallup has shown Obama's approval rating hovering around 50% since the honeymoon ended in August 2009.

After 1464 days in office, Obama still has 54% approval, slightly LESS than Bush after the same period of time.

However Bush's popularity fluxuated much more than Obama, maintaining much higher levels than Obama throughout his presidency.

No surprise here. Gun and ammo sales are at record highs so business is better. This is...good?

Oh my bad.

Seriously.

Because it was bullshit.

Clinton didn't "assault" anything.

He made changes..and they actually worked out in the short term to be more expensive then keeping the status quo. But in the long term they worked pretty well, because people were finding jobs..due to retraining.

Liberals didn't "despise" it either.

Bullshit... Clinton went after their handouts... Again, click the link and read the title from CNN for chrissakes: AllPolitics - A Sweeping Welfare Change - Aug. 22, 1996

Not to be unexpected, though, I would say a lot of it has to do with just having some goal and direction, whether one agrees or not, as opposed to the other aisle, which is now seen as a party without rudder.

That is interesting, what is the goal and direction of this administration? Obama didn't run on one so I am not sure how one can even know where the ship is heading.

Oh my bad.

Seriously.

Clinton didn't turn the economy around he rode the Reagan revolution and he had Republicans in Congress that prevented him from damaging the economy. Clinton ruined the economy, if one thinks today's unemployment is an indication of ruin. It was predicted back then that the free trade agreements that he pushed harder for then anything else would result in what we see today. It has come true jobs are fleeing the country. This may turn around but for 4 years of this Malaise president and 6 years of democrat majority there is no sign it will happen soon.

Forum List

Back