Survivor. Are you watching?

It really makes me uncomfortable that a shallow, narcissist asshole like Eddie is a fireman/paramedic. He is so partial to young, beautiful people, I have to wonder if that affects how hard he tries to save old, ugly people. I mean, serously. He needs to go. He's not nearly as hot as he thinks he is, either, with that nasty beard growing all down his neck. Yuck.

I'm pretty sure he will probably not have a job very long after the crap shown on the show.

It really makes me uncomfortable that a shallow, narcissist asshole like Eddie is a fireman/paramedic. He is so partial to young, beautiful people, I have to wonder if that affects how hard he tries to save old, ugly people. I mean, serously. He needs to go. He's not nearly as hot as he thinks he is, either, with that nasty beard growing all down his neck. Yuck.

I'm pretty sure he will probably not have a job very long after the crap shown on the show.

I am known to have a "thing" for firemen, be they paramedics or firefighters. I think they are so hot. Many of them are gorgeous, and then they are total heroes, risking their lives to save others.

So when I dislike a fireman, it's very rare and for good reason. I would expect someone with Eddie's character to be some kind of a sleazy salesman, not a fireman/paramedic!

(Nothing against salesman in general, but we all know there are some sleazy ones!)

I don't know, maybe it's all an act on Eddie's part and he's really a great guy...but I don't think so.

Okay, I'll say it...YAY!!! SURVIVOR TONIGHT!

This week I'm going to watch the clock and stay away from online forums talking about Survivor after 4:00 p.m. in my time zone, which is 8:00 p.m. on the East Coast so I don't find out what happens before I watch it this time! : )

Okay, I'll say it...YAY!!! SURVIVOR TONIGHT!

This week I'm going to watch the clock and stay away from online forums talking about Survivor after 4:00 p.m. in my time zone, which is 8:00 p.m. on the East Coast so I don't find out what happens before I watch it this time! : )

LOL. Good plan. Ya'll are even waaaaay behind us on Mountain time. And there's a whole bunch in the Central zone who see it an hour earlier than we do so I also kind of steer clear of the internet until I see it. We usually do watch in real time to give American Idol an hour's head start on the DVR, then we can zap the commercials on that.

Last edited:
If the 5 really split next week, then Reynold and/or Eddie will slip into the finals. I'm not sure why Andrea wants to target weaker players like Dawn and Brenda at this point in the game.

Sad to see Malcolm go. Good job, Cochran, winning the immunity challenge!

I think I'm starting to want Cochran to win. I can't really think of anyone else I'd rather see win.

I shouldn't have said that, now he'll get voted out next week. : (

If the 5 really split next week, then Reynold and/or Eddie will slip into the finals. I'm not sure why Andrea wants to target weaker players like Dawn and Brenda at this point in the game.

I don't understand that either unless she sees them as a bigger threat in the final three. I think they were smart to vote Malcolm off and Reynold and Eddie can't feel at all secure at this point. The remaining members of "Stealth R Us" still have to be wondering who broke ranks and voted for Phillip last week. And if they figure out it was Erik that will likely seal his demise even though I don't think anybody was sorry to see Phillip go.

Phillip looked like a storm cloud on the jury last night though. No smiles for anybody.

I am thinking if Cochran holds on to make it to the final three, he has an excellent chance of getting the jury vote. He has been careful not to obviously double cross anybody or make any enemies. But the others, especially the girls, may be figuring that out too in which case he will become more and more vulnerable. And has Dawn developed a backbone? Is she actively playing the game now? I am picking up vibes along that line.

For anyone who thinks Survivor is dying...it's not. CBS has continued it for next year, also.

"SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN -- FANS VS. FAVORITES (8:00-9:00PM ET/PT) was tied for first in adults 25-54 (4.0/11, with Fox), second in households (6.2/10), viewers (10.31m) and adults 18-49 (2.9/9, 0.2 behind Fox’s “American Idol Wednesday”), posting season highs in these measures. For the first time ever SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN tied "American Idol Wednesday" in adults 25-54. For the second straight week SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN finished in its closest competitive position this season with "American Idol Wednesday" in their common hour in viewers (1.40m difference) and adults 18-49 (0.2 difference). Compared to the same night last year (SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD), SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN was +5% in households, +11% in adults 25-54 and +7% in adults 18-49"

Last edited:
For anyone who thinks Survivor is dying...it's not. CBS has continued it for next year, also.

"SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN -- FANS VS. FAVORITES (8:00-9:00PM ET/PT) was tied for first in adults 25-54 (4.0/11, with Fox), second in households (6.2/10), viewers (10.31m) and adults 18-49 (2.9/9, 0.2 behind Fox’s “American Idol Wednesday”), posting season highs in these measures. For the first time ever SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN tied "American Idol Wednesday" in adults 25-54. For the second straight week SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN finished in its closest competitive position this season with "American Idol Wednesday" in their common hour in viewers (1.40m difference) and adults 18-49 (0.2 difference). Compared to the same night last year (SURVIVOR: ONE WORLD), SURVIVOR: CARAMOAN was +5% in households, +11% in adults 25-54 and +7% in adults 18-49"

We watch both Survivor and American Idol. Because Comcast won't let you record two shows simultaneously while watching a third channel, we generally watch Survivor live on Wednesday nights--I also record it just in case we are interrupted--and record American Idol which will be one hour into its two-hour time slot when Survivor is over. Then we can watch AI on DVR, zap the commericals, and finish up that show pretty close to 9 o'clock when it concludes.

Tonight, however, it is DWTS and The Voice. :)

I am still on team Sherry. (No seriously, I would love to be on sherry...lol).

Quietly though, I think Brenda will do very well since she is SO far under the radar. Oh and i hate pretty boy Eddie. He is so damn good looking....just ask him.

Cochran is still gaining favor with me. His wry humor helps. So...for now...I think I will root for him. Then Brenda. The rest? shrug.
I hope dawn goes soon, though. She is beginning to be as much an irritant as Phillip.

frankly I think Cochran is the only person there that acts and talks the way he does at home....I have been rooting for him.

I'd love to see tis headline-

"Geek wins Survivor"!!!

Just goes to show how unfair life is...Eddie quits the immunity challenge to get some donuts and Franklin sticks it out as long as he possibly can...but Franklin is the one who gets voted out!

But I would have voted Franklin out, too, he was much more of a threat in challenges than Eddie.

I'm rooting for Cochran to win, I guess. Eric would be my second choice. Brenda, third choice.

Forum List

Back