Teacher Demands Her Students Deny the Existence of God

Far right social Christians are poor critical thinkers.

Where_r_my_Keys is an excellent example of a poor critical thinker on the far right. So are Ernie S. and bobblaylock.

The edges of any ideology require nested assumptions galore. And its the assumptions they base their arguments on that are poorly thought through.

You do not have a correct concept of how Jesus was recognised as the Son of God.

According to who? The Jews?

Why would anyone go to Jews to get a concept of Jesus as the Son of God?

Because its their Torah you're using in the attempt to connect Jesus to the old testament. As per many, many Christians.....Jesus was the 'I AM' of the old testament. Or more accurately, Jesus is God. And God was the 'I AM' of the old testament.

You'd think if you're using their religious texts that they wrong......they'd get a say in what they mean.

I mean, I'd give a Hindu a larger part of my ear on the meaning of the Bhagavad Gita than I would a Buddhist who claimed that Buddha was actually the Gita's Krishna. I'd give a Jew a larger part of my ear on the meaning of their Torah than I would a Christian who claimed that Jesus is the Torah's Yahweh.

Funny that the same people who whine about "PC" are demanding it here.

Why are people so terrified of kids being taught to think for themselves?
Oh good. Then you have no issue of the 10 Commandments being taught in public school.

Being taught as what? Mythology?
10 Commandments as mythology? Whatever. America was founded upon that "mythology".
Left: Hypocriticus Maximus.
Many nations have been formed by mythology. That does not suddenly make mythology a "fact".
Which nations?
Off the top of my head... Israel, the Vatican, and Iran. There are probably countless examples throughout history though.

The narrative given by the student didn't happen according to the other students. The teacher never told her what the student insisted she did. There was never any grade on the line, as the assignment wasn't graded.

The child's accusations were very....specific. And as the other students affirmed, they didn't come from the teachers.

I'd say the child's mother is a good source for the narrative she offered.

That is funny. We just recently had a Muslim student that built a supposed clock that was hidden inside a brief case (who designs a clock like that?) When the school did as they should have done and took remedial actions, the left cried it was anti-Muslim religious persecution.

Here we have a student who had a copy of the assignment which had inappropriate questions for school. Class lessons should not be asking students whether faith is fact or not as a great many believe it is fact indeed. The Teacher was wrong for doing that. But you leftists immediately rush to the teachers defense and have no doubts that the school systems investigation was completely valid even though they found not one student that supported the girls testimony. That is hardly likely unless the kid just made it all up from thin air and I highly doubt that.

But your bias is locked on tight, and you cannot even allow for a glimmer of something similar to what the girl alleges to have happened. The school investigated, found no evidence to support therefore it is just a complete lie. And what did the school find that investigated clock-boy? The same kind of results but that just means to all the libtards that the whole school district was in on it.

It is just amazing what a change in the religious identity of the student does to how libtards interpret what has actually happened.

As for science having a monopoly on truth, you run into issues of discerning between random imagination and something that's actually real. Faith is, by definition, subjective. Its something that you experience and that cannot be verified objectively.

No, that is not true at all. By faith I *know* that murder and genocide are wrong and it is verified objectively from the authorities drawn from.

As a basis of perceiving the world, faith is indistinguishable from imagination. There may well be some qualititive difference between the two, but is objectively unverifiable.

It is not my imagination that my religion tells me murder and genocide are wrong.

Worse, most religions are mutually exclusive. It can't be Aristotle's Greek Pantheon of Zeus and Athena.......AND Jesus. Its one or the other. Meaning that if one religion is right, all others are wrong. Despite the adherents of the fallacy religions having 'faith' that they were right.

They are not necessarily mutually exclusive, though you could take it that way. They are evolutionary improvements in the ability of human beings to understand the complexities of things that are outside of our normal experience. As the Gospels state, God is going to guide us into all Truth as time goes on.

Demonstrating faith as an mechanism for determining 'truth' to be wildly fallible. And as a best case scenario, almost always wrong.
Again, best case.

Some things in religion are speculative, and others are rock solid. I may not know what Heaven is supposed to be like, but I do know without uncertainty that murder and genocide are wrong.

As its entirely possible that all the religions got it wrong.

On somethings, but not others, like any field of knowledge.

Shall I list how many times science has gotten 'it wrong'?

Because its their Torah you're using in the attempt to connect Jesus to the old testament.

lol, you are wrong on that. Christianity is a branch off of Judaism and the 'Torah' is as much ours as it is theirs.

Oh good. Then you have no issue of the 10 Commandments being taught in public school.

10 Commandments as mythology? Whatever. America was founded upon that "mythology".
Many nations have been formed by mythology. That does not suddenly make mythology a "fact".

Then you're saying that Romulus and Remus *weren't* suckled by a she-wolf?
No more than an anti-Godist can disprove the existence of God.
Assuming God doesn't exist, how would one prove it? It would be like asking you to prove the tooth fairy doesn't exist.

Which nations?
Off the top of my head... Israel, the Vatican, and Iran. There are probably countless examples throughout history though.
Israel is a secular government. Iran was taken over by Islamofacists, not going to call those hellholes founded upon a religion. Vatican? Yeah maybe.

That is funny. We just recently had a Muslim student that built a supposed clock that was hidden inside a brief case (who designs a clock like that?) When the school did as they should have done and took remedial actions, the left cried it was anti-Muslim religious persecution.

Um....no one was arrested here.No one was dragged away in hand cuffs.

You're completely sidestepping the fact that the overwhelming weight of evidence indicates the student's narrative didn't happen. The school talked to 8 other students in that class. The contradict her point for point. The teacher never railed against god, never insisted that they deny god exists, nor was there even a grade for the assignment. Making the student's narrative that she either denied the existence of god or failed the assignment extremely unlikely.

Class lessons should not be asking students whether faith is fact or not as a great many believe it is fact indeed

The class lesson didn't even mention faith. The classifications were Factual Claims, Common Place Assertions or Opinions. It was an ungraded a critical thinking exercise that included questions on Michael Jordan's scoring average, how smart people in glasses look and how fast cheetah's run.

The reaction to it is simply over the top. The teacher in question....is a devout Christian.

And the narrative of the student, where her teacher told her in class that the Bible and near death experiences were just people trying to get attention...

......no other student heard the teacher say. And they interviewed 8 of them.

District officials [said] that the 12-year-old girl's story is not the same one that other students told officials. They also say that the other students claim this reading teacher did not say there was not a God during an assignment in class. The district said they interviewed eight of the 22 students who were in that same classroom.

Katy ISD siding with teacher after God question claims

Point for point, no one ever backed any part of this girls story.

Katy ISD Superintendent Alton Frailey said, "In the investigation those assertions were not corroborated by the other students. Was the activity graded? It was not graded. Was it 40 percent of their grade? Were the students told they had to deny God? No one corroborated that, at all."

In all likelihood it was made up. Here's the unedited video of the the 12 year old's account:

She talked about a poll of the class on if God is real that no other student corroborates ever happened, she talks about how the teacher insisted that god was only a myth (FYI, the teacher is a devout Christian). Jordan offers an account of this elaborate in class debate between her teacher and herself where her teacher demanded that she prove god exists.

That no one else is reported to have ever heard nor remember.

This isn't some throw away statement that the kid might have misinterpreted. Hers is an account of an elaborate, systematic denunciation of her faith where the teacher called god a myth, insisted that the bible was just people trying to get attention, and insisted that anyone who said god was real would get in trouble. With Jordan's 'friend' and her 'other friend' getting up and arguing with the teacher too.....according to Jordan.

There's zero chance that the rest of the class could have missed it. And they didn't: it just didn't happen.

The Teacher was wrong for doing that. But you leftists immediately rush to the teachers defense and have no doubts that the school systems investigation was completely valid even though they found not one student that supported the girls testimony. That is hardly likely unless the kid just made it all up from thin air and I highly doubt that.

Then explain the elaborate back and forth debate that Jordan claims occured in with the teacher in class, that TWO other students supposedly joined her in during class, that no one remembers.

And of course, her account is provably false.

Jordan Wooley said:
"I didn't think it was fair for my faith and my religion to have anything to do with what I was doing in school. And I had known that before that it I know that our schools aren't really supposed to teach us about religion or question about religion. And when I tried to talk to my teacher about she said that it didn't have anything to do with religion because the problem said that there is no God."

The problem didn't say 'there is no god'. There are pictures of the assignment. Question 5 clearly states 'There is a God". Jordan's account is verifiably, factually inaccurate. We know she's an unreliable narrator. And on substantive, key points. So her credibility is immediately called into question.

And then there's the evidence disproving her account: No one remembers the teacher saying anything Jordan is accusing her of. Despite Jordan's account being one of a long, lengthy, complicated back and forth debate.....between Jordan, TWO of her friends and the teacher.

C'mon.

But your bias is locked on tight, and you cannot even allow for a glimmer of something similar to what the girl alleges to have happened. The school investigated, found no evidence to support therefore it is just a complete lie. And what did the school find that investigated clock-boy? The same kind of results but that just means to all the libtards that the whole school district was in on it.

It is just amazing what a change in the religious identity of the student does to how libtards interpret what has actually happened.

Its the 8 other students who don't have any recollection of the events she describes.....plus key points of her claims being verifiable false that makes me doubt her account.
As for science having a monopoly on truth, you run into issues of discerning between random imagination and something that's actually real. Faith is, by definition, subjective. Its something that you experience and that cannot be verified objectively.

No, that is not true at all. By faith I *know* that murder and genocide are wrong and it is verified objectively from the authorities drawn from.

Do you? Are you familiar with the genocide of the Amalekites? Where the Israelites were commanded by God to slaughter all of them, including the women, children, and infants in their cribs?

“I am the one the Lord sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the Lord. 2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroya]">[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

1st Samuel 15 1-3

Was that wrong? Or does your faith tell you that murder and genocide are wrong.....'except'. Because pretty much every genocide that was ever committed used 'its wrong except' in its justifications too.

As a basis of perceiving the world, faith is indistinguishable from imagination. There may well be some qualititive difference between the two, but is objectively unverifiable.

It is not my imagination that my religion tells me murder and genocide are wrong.

Yeah, but your belief that such a commandment came from a very specific God with extremely specific attributes, abiding the characteristics ascribed by a very specific interpretation of a very specific religious book of a very specific religion?

That's indistinguishable from imagination.

And that's the problem with faith. There may well be a qualitative difference between faith and 'anything you can possibly make up'. But there's no way for anyone but you to tell which is which in you.

Worse, most religions are mutually exclusive. It can't be Aristotle's Greek Pantheon of Zeus and Athena.......AND Jesus. Its one or the other. Meaning that if one religion is right, all others are wrong. Despite the adherents of the fallacy religions having 'faith' that they were right.

They are not necessarily mutually exclusive, though you could take it that way.

So Zeus and Jesus both being Supreme Beings is perfectly compatible with your religion? Because most Christians I know wouldn't consider Zeus to be real. Let alone a Supreme Being.

So....if Jesus is real, that means that Zeus can't be. And Amaterasu can't be. And Thaloc can't be. And Huitzilopochtli can't be. That Zoroaster can't be. And Vishnu can't be. And Shiva can't be. And on and on, despite centuries, if not millennia of collective faith that was every bit as devout as you feel right now.

And they were all wrong. Except you?

How likely do you think it is that you happened to be in on the ONE accurate faith when faith produces an almost universally false positive for all the deluded masses that believed in fiction?

And given the near perfect record of failure of faith by the very LOGIC of faith...isn't it much more likely that all of you got it wrong?

This is why faith is such an notoriously unreliable foundation upon which to perceive the world.

Some things in religion are speculative, and others are rock solid. I may not know what Heaven is supposed to be like, but I do know without uncertainty that murder and genocide are wrong.

Lets take some foundation assumptions: your extremely specific conception of God. Or your belief that YOUR religious book is the real one. How is your faith in either distinguishable from imagination objectively?

Do you have any idea how many other conceptions of Gods there are? Or how many religious books?

They're all wrong....but only you're right. Because you *believe* you are? They used the exact same currency you did: faith. And it didn't produce 'truth'. But fallacies.

Last edited:
Because its their Torah you're using in the attempt to connect Jesus to the old testament.

lol, you are wrong on that. Christianity is a branch off of Judaism and the 'Torah' is as much ours as it is theirs.

They don't think so. And its their book. That you've renamed it and reintepreted it to match *your* religion....which came millenia AFTER theirs doesn't magically make their religious texts 'as much ours as it is theirs'.

Much like a Buddhist taking the ancient sanskrit accounts of Arjuna and Krishna and 'renaming and reinterpreting it' to match buddism doesn't make the Bhagadvad Gita as much Buddhisms as it is Hinduisms.

The latter preceded the former by a *long* time. As did the texts.

You're completely sidestepping the fact that the overwhelming weight of evidence indicates the student's narrative didn't happen. The school talked to 8 other students in that class. The contradict her point for point. The teacher never railed against god, never insisted that they deny god exists, nor was there even a grade for the assignment. Making the student's narrative that she either denied the existence of god or failed the assignment extremely unlikely.

Class lessons should not be asking students whether faith is fact or not as a great many believe it is fact indeed

The class lesson didn't even mention faith. The classifications were Factual Claims, Common Place Assertions or Opinions. It was an ungraded a critical thinking exercise that included questions on Michael Jordan's scoring average, how smart people in glasses look and how fast cheetah's run.

The reaction to it is simply over the top. The teacher in question....is a devout Christian.

And the narrative of the student, where her teacher told her in class that the Bible and near death experiences were just people trying to get attention...

District officials [said] that the 12-year-old girl's story is not the same one that other students told officials. They also say that the other students claim this reading teacher did not say there was not a God during an assignment in class. The district said they interviewed eight of the 22 students who were in that same classroom.

Katy ISD Superintendent Alton Frailey said, "In the investigation those assertions were not corroborated by the other students. Was the activity graded? It was not graded. Was it 40 percent of their grade? Were the students told they had to deny God? No one corroborated that, at all."

In all likelihood it was made up. Here's the unedited video of the the 12 year old's account:

She talked about a poll of the class on if God is real that no other student corroborates ever happened, she talks about how the teacher insisted that god was only a myth (FYI, the teacher is a devout Christian). Jordan offers an account of this elaborate in class debate between her teacher and herself where her teacher demanded that she prove god exists.

This isn't some throw away statement that the kid might have misinterpreted. Hers is an account of an elaborate, systematic denunciation of her faith where the teacher called god a myth, insisted that the bible was just people trying to get attention, and insisted that anyone who said god was real would get in trouble. With Jordan's 'friend' and her 'other friend' getting up and arguing with the teacher too.....according to Jordan.

There's zero chance that the rest of the class could have missed it. And they didn't: it just didn't happen.

The Teacher was wrong for doing that. But you leftists immediately rush to the teachers defense and have no doubts that the school systems investigation was completely valid even though they found not one student that supported the girls testimony. That is hardly likely unless the kid just made it all up from thin air and I highly doubt that.

Then explain the elaborate back and forth debate that Jordan claims occured in with the teacher in class, that TWO other students supposedly joined her in during class, that no one remembers.

Jordan Wooley said:
"I didn't think it was fair for my faith and my religion to have anything to do with what I was doing in school. And I had known that before that it I know that our schools aren't really supposed to teach us about religion or question about religion. And when I tried to talk to my teacher about she said that it didn't have anything to do with religion because the problem said that there is no God."

The problem didn't say 'there is no god'. There are pictures of the assignment. Question 5 clearly states 'There is a God". Jordan's account is verifiably, factually inaccurate. We know she's an unreliable narrator. And on substantive, key points. So her credibility is immediately called into question.

And then there's the evidence disproving her account: No one remembers the teacher saying anything Jordan is accusing her of. Despite Jordan's account being one of a long, lengthy, complicated back and forth debate.....between Jordan, TWO of her friends and the teacher.

C'mon.

Its the 8 other students who don't have any recollection of the events she describes.....plus key points of her claims being verifiable false that makes me doubt her account.

Do you? Are you familiar with the genocide of the Amalekites? Where the Israelites were commanded by God to slaughter all of them, including the women, children, and infants in their cribs?

“I am the one the Lord sent to anoint you king over his people Israel; so listen now to the message from the Lord. 2 This is what the Lord Almighty says: ‘I will punish the Amalekites for what they did to Israel when they waylaid them as they came up from Egypt. 3 Now go, attack the Amalekites and totally destroya]">[a] all that belongs to them. Do not spare them; put to death men and women, children and infants, cattle and sheep, camels and donkeys.’”

1st Samuel 15 1-3

Was that wrong? Or does your faith tell you that murder and genocide are wrong.....'except'. Because pretty much every genocide that was ever committed used 'its wrong except' in its justifications too.

Yeah, but your belief that such a commandment came from a very specific God with extremely specific attributes, abiding the characteristics ascribed by a very specific interpretation of a very specific religious book of a very specific religion?

And that's the problem with faith. There may well be a qualitative difference between faith and 'anything you can possibly make up'. But there's no way for anyone but you to tell which is which in you.

So Zeus and Jesus both being Supreme Beings is perfectly compatible with your religion? Because most Christians I know wouldn't consider Zeus to be real. Let alone a Supreme Being.

So....if Jesus is real, that means that Zeus can't be. And Amaterasu can't be. And Thaloc can't be. And Huitzilopochtli can't be. That Zoroaster can't be. And Vishnu can't be. And Shiva can't be. And on and on, despite centuries, if not millennia of collective faith that was every bit as devout as you feel right now.

How likely do you think it is that you happened to be in on the ONE accurate faith when faith produces an almost universally false positive for all the deluded masses that believed in fiction?

And given the near perfect record of failure of faith by the very LOGIC of faith...isn't it much more likely that all of you got it wrong?

This is why faith is such an notoriously unreliable foundation upon which to perceive the world.

Lets take some foundation assumptions: your extremely specific conception of God. Or your belief that YOUR religious book is the real one. How is your faith in either distinguishable from imagination objectively?

Do you have any idea how many other conceptions of Gods there are? Or how many religious books?

They're all wrong....but only you're right. Because you *believe* you are? They used the exact same currency you did: faith. And it didn't produce 'truth'. But fallacies.

It happens with kids.
She went home and told her mum what happened at school...her mum seized on this part of the story and interrogated her with obvious developing outrage and the girl's story got bigger and bigger as she got a better and better response from her parents.

Jordan Wooley said:

C'mon.

1st Samuel 15 1-3

It happens with kids.
She went home and told her mum what happened at school...her mum seized on this part of the story and interrogated her with obvious developing outrage and the girl's story got bigger and bigger as she got a better and better response from her parents.

Yup. That's a much more likely account than this spontaneous conspiracy between the teacher, the assignment, 8 other students, and the school district to allow the teacher to attack a 12 year old's religion.

Occam's Razor definitely picks a side on this one.

Reading other accounts makes it appear that the young lady may have misunderstood the lesson and the grade. It appears that the students were asked to identify a list of items, determining whether each statement was fact, a common assertion, or an opinion.

Then you're saying that Romulus and Remus *weren't* suckled by a she-wolf?
No more than an anti-Godist can disprove the existence of God.
Assuming God doesn't exist, how would one prove it? It would be like asking you to prove the tooth fairy doesn't exist.
You begin with the premises and examine them for possibility and probability. No adult of a right mind thinks the tooth fairy exists, while billions of adults believe in deity.

So try another comparison.

Allan West --- "news reporter" :rofl:

Reading other accounts makes it appear that the young lady may have misunderstood the lesson and the grade. It appears that the students were asked to identify a list of items, determining whether each statement was fact, a common assertion, or an opinion.

Exactly. From a local TV station:

>> District officials told abc13 that the 12-year-old girl's story is not the same one that other students told officials. They also say that the other students claim this reading teacher did not say there was not a God during an assignment in class on Monday. The district said they interviewed eight of the 22 students who were in that same classroom.

On Monday, a reading teacher passed out a critical thinking worksheet in class. Students were instructed to pick if something was fact, opinion or common assertion. One of the statements on the worksheet read, "There is a God."

Jordan Wooley, 12, and her mother Chantel spoke in front of the Katy ISD school board to complain that the teacher told students that God is a myth and questioned his existence. Katy ISD says the teacher asked the students to participate in a school activity. They also say, the teacher explained that a commonplace assertion exists when there is room for debate.

Chantel Wooley says she stands by her daughter. She also said that somebody is telling the truth and somebody is not. <<
Indeed somebody is not.

Snopes continues:
>> By the time the Katy controversy reached Fox News viewers on 28 October 2015, the district had already provided additional detail on the dispute that strongly contradicted Fox's subsequent on-air assertions. Between the above-reproduced image of the assignment (shared on 27 October 2015 by KHOU) and the district's statement, it appeared clear students were simply asked to properly identify faith as an opinion or assertion (not fact), and pupils were never encouraged by a (Christian) teacher to deny the existence of God. Nevertheless, the Katy Independent School District revised the lesson and implied the teacher had been reprimanded over the misrepresented controversy. <<
I suspect she "misunderstood" the lesson intentionally (or was scripted to feign it) as a passive-aggressive subversion. Much like another teacher was forced to apologize for teaching the word "niggardly".

Good job, fascists.

Critical thinking skills are designed to develop . . . thinking critically and employing tools to develop one's knowledge of a subject, among other reasons.

Any theist or atheist who has trouble with "Does God exist, not exist" as a critical thinking development essay is a loser.
Any atheist who says they are 100% certain God does not exist is a liar or a nutter.

Given that the teacher didn't nor is she an atheist....it looks like this entire situation was blown completely out of proportion by some rather specific lies.

I'm curious....did the 7th grader make them up? Or did her mother?

The teacher gave the kids a quiz and told them that if they chose to answer that God was a fact or an opinion instead of a myth, then they would be graded down.

Which is exactly what the little girl said. "common assertion" = myth. Only the little girl said it was worded as "myth", and I believe her.

The girl was really specific about what the assignment was. She said they were to choose if a statement was a fact, opinion, or myth. And if they stated that God was a fact or opinion, it was wrong. She told the kids that the assignment had been upsetting kids all day when she gave it to them, but gave it to them anyway, and crossed out "wrong" answers.

I haven't read any other accounts.

The girl was really specific about what the assignment was. She said they were to choose if a statement was a fact, opinion, or myth. And if they stated that God was a fact or opinion, it was wrong.

The persecution of Christianity is on. All Nations will rise against Israel. The temple will be built,

and every knee shall bow - and every tongue shall confess

-Geaux

Forum List

Back