Ted Cruz suggests Texas could secede and "take NASA and the military" if Dems "destroy the country"

View attachment 562523

You vote blue then you INDEED vote red, Communist shitbag.
July 5 2018
REPUBLICAN MEMBERS OF CONGRESS SPENDS JULY 4, IN MOSCOW.

Seven senators — John Kennedy (R-LA), Richard Shelby (R-AL), Steve Daines (R-MT), John Hoeven (R-ND), John Thune (R-SD), Jerry Moran (R-KS), and Ron Johnson (R-WI) — and one House member, Kay Granger (R-TX), are all in Moscow over the Fourth of July holiday this week for talks with Russian lawmakers and officials.
The GQP needs to follow their dear leader (s).

Congratulations to President Xi and the Chinese people on the 70th Anniversary of the People’s Republic of China!

— Donald J. Trump (@realDonaldTrump) October 1, 2019

"If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede."

-- Justice Scalia

Secession is an act of war.

We're not there yet, and if there comes a point where it's hopeless, then I think we take NASA, we take the military, we take the oil," the Republican added. "I think Texas has a responsibility to the country, and I'm not ready to give up on America."

Maybe Ted should consider winning elections instead

We're not there yet, and if there comes a point where it's hopeless,

then I think we take NASA,

Not exactly Ted, NASA is a Federal Program not State. If you secede, the US can close the Johnson Space Center in Houston and move those high paying jobs elsewhere

we take the military,

Not exactly Ted, the Military belongs to the United States not Texas. So do those military bases in Texas. Want to try a Ft Sumter?

we take the oil,"

Actually, you don’t. The oil belongs to the private corporations that drill it.

the Republican added. "I think Texas has a responsibility to the country, and I'm not ready to give up on America."

Actually, it seems you are giving up on America ….just because you lost an election

Last edited:
"If there was any constitutional issue resolved by the Civil War, it is that there is no right to secede."

-- Justice Scalia

Secession is an act of war.
I agree.

It is also known as the "fuck you" legal doctrine. It has been referred to as the "fuck you, make me" legal doctrine and the "fuck you, try to stop me" legal doctrine.

It generally takes place when one tries to assert tyrannical authority and force over another. The doctrine is usually applied by the one over whom forces is attempted.

The remedy to prevent assertion of the "fuck you" legal doctrine is to preemptively apply the "Don't start nothing, won't be nothing" preventative legal doctrine. It saves many lives.

We're not there yet, and if there comes a point where it's hopeless,

then I think we take NASA,

Not exactly Ted, NASA is a Federal Program not State. If you secede, the US can close the Johnson Space Center in Houston and move those high paying jobs elsewhere

we take the military,

Not exactly Ted, the Military belongs to the United States not Texas. So do those military bases in Texas. Want to try a Ft Sumter?

we take the oil,"

Actually, you don’t. The oil belongs to the private corporations that drill it.

the Republican added. "I think Texas has a responsibility to the country, and I'm not ready to give up on America."

Actually, it seems you are give up on America ….just because you lost an election
Another economic dumb fuck who cannot foresee anything happening in the next 10 minutes, much less 3-4 years down the road.

Federal supremacy will be stopped. One way or another.

Classic backtracking there, Tex.

1636641742818.png

Another economic dumb fuck who cannot foresee anything happening in the next 10 minutes, much less 3-4 years down the road.

Federal supremacy will be stopped. One way or another.

Ya think Republicans might actually consider winning elections rather than Seceding from the US?

I would like someone to list for me everything that the federal government can do for me or my state that it can't do on its own.

In fact, the only thing the federal government ever does is hinder. It is absolutely useless to Texans. Useless. Worthless. Nothing but a drain and a hindrance.

Prove me wrong.

Ya think Republicans might actually consider winning elections rather than Seceding from the US?
Do you think you can prove the federal government is worth anything to the state of Texas?

In fact, the federal government does nothing but take money and dole it out.

The federal government does not protect us from invasion, obviously.

The federal government does nothing but steal our money.

If you dont have issues with MASSIVE increases in Federal power and cost and reckless as shit spending, you're just not thinking straight..

IT AINT JUST TED CRUZ.. The numbers of folks who REJECT THE ENTIRE D.C. SWAMP cross party lines.. Maybe you're not from around here or something, but it's NO SECRET that half of West Coast Dems and half of independents and about 30% of Repubs out THERE -- would more than ponder secession..

Seems like your power worshipping of out of control BIG MUSCULAR govt is the minority fringe here..

HALF of Dems on Indies on the West Coast would more than ponder secession?
You NUTS - Perhaps you could post a poll or two. ;)

Forum List

Back