Ten Gun Myths and Memes-- Shot Down

Reading without reflecting is like eating without digesting.
Edmund Burke

It seems you are too retarded to read. I will say it again.

No one is calling for disarming the populace. Nothing even close to disarming the populace. That is your paranoid, polarized dysfunctional small brain overwhelmed by chicken little fear.

The right wing articles your query found are states trying to implement an assault weapons ban and a clip size restriction. No one is calling for disarming the populace. Nothing even close to disarming the populace.
Maybe you missed this

It's called baby steps. They are trying to take certian firearms away then when they do that they'll start with other firearms and you'll be saying the same old shit

No one is calling for disarming the populace.
\
Of course, they can't come right out and take all firearms at once but do it slowly, and you'll be saying "No one is calling for disarming the populace." when the last firearm has been taken.
Coloroda is trying to take away pump shotguns
SHOTGUNS OF ALL FIREARMS..........

Maybe you missed THIS...

vCauIFc.png

That's irrelevant
baby steps baby steps baby steps
You start with low hanging furit
You don't go for everything at first.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gun...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Googled 'gun confiscation proposal' for you, Bfgrn...

It seems you haven't been keeping up...

Edmund Burke

No one is calling for disarming the populace. Nothing even close to disarming the populace. That is your paranoid, polarized dysfunctional small brain overwhelmed by chicken little fear.

The right wing articles your query found are states trying to implement an assault weapons ban and a clip size restriction. No one is calling for disarming the populace. Nothing even close to disarming the populace.

I guess your fine liberal education didn't include looking stuff up for yourself. Did it tell you to go to Chris Matthews for your info? Peirs Morgan maybe? Who knows which source it directed you to, but the funny thing about a "fine LIBERAL education" is that it relies not on facts, but on propoganda, revisionist history, vociferously denying the truth and last of all, how to properly insert your head up your ass.

“We cannot have big guns out here as far as the big guns that are out here, the semi-automatics and all of them,” state Rep. Dan Muhlbauer told the Daily Times Herald. “We should ban those in Iowa.” “Even if you have them, I think we need to start taking them,” Muhlbauer added. “We can’t have those out there.

Andrew Cuomo, NY Gov. "Gun confiscation may be an option" "Confiscation could be an option. Mandatory sale to the state could be an option".

Sen. Dianne Feinstein, D-Calif., said that she and other gun control advocates are considering a law that would create a program to purchase weapons from gun owners, a proposal that could be compulsory. "We are also looking at a buy-back program,” Feinstein said today in a press conference. “Now, again, this is a work in progress so these are ideas in the development.”

"If I could have banned them all - 'Mr. and Mrs. America turn in your guns' - I would have!"
- Diane Feinstein

Missouri Democrats propose law giving gun owners 90 days to turn ...Welcome to Examiner.com | Examiner.com › missouri-democrats-propose-law-giving-gun-owners-90-days-to-turn-weaponsCached
You +1'd this publicly. Undo
Feb 14, 2013 – Missouri Democrats have introduced a measure that if passed into law, would give ... Missouri Democrats propose gun confiscation measure.

That's with one quick search dumbass. Here just for fun I'll give you a quote from some numbnuts liberal educator, you know, like the ones that gave you your "fine liberal education".

"My view of guns is simple. I hate guns and I cannot imagine why anyone would want to own one. If I had my way, guns for sport would be registered, and all other guns would be banned."
- Deborah Prothrow-Stith (Dean of Harvard School of Public Health)

There's more out there of liberal leftist facists that want to totally disarm the populace, I suggest you look for yourself rather than relying on that fine liberal indoctrination, opps, I mean education, you got.

That's irrelevant

It's called the Boling Frog technique.

"If you throw a frog into a pot of boiling water, he’ll jump out. But if you place a frog into a pot of lukewarm water and slowly turn up the heat, it will boil to death."

and all that means nothing. fact is, hammer proved more deadly than deadly assualt weapons. why aren't you banning hammers and registering them? why aren't you requiring background checks? hammers are so easy to get. you can even buy them at yard sales. no one is tracking these deadly weapons.

It means a lot, but you choose to ignore it because you cannot admit you are wrong. Hammers are tools and their purpose is not to be used as defense or for hunting. Rocks are deadly too. So are cars.

I'm sure Moe Howard of the three stooges could walk into a movie theater, sneak up behind 70 people, kill 12of them and wound 58 with a hammer in 5 minutes and before the usher noticed him...

I will take this as serious as I would The Three Stooges. You really did noy reply to what I said.

I can clearly see every penny the tax payers spent on your education was a colossal waste of funds better used elsewhere. When looking for the definition or meaning of something someone else wrote, don't you think it's a good idea to actaully see what that person meant by what they wrote. If every little thing was added to the Constitution, as you are seeming to imply, our Constitution would look like the obamacare bill, 20,000 pages of nonsense. Back in those days our Politicians didn't have the time to write crap like that, they had lives to lead and livings to earn, nor did they have the inclination to obfusate like our professional politicians do today. Cleary and simple put; A well regulated Militia (which is an armed citizenry made up of ALL citizens save a few politicians), being necessary to the security of a free State, (secure from the tyranny of a centralized govt) the right of the people to keep and bear Arms,(keep weapons equal to those of the military) shall not be infringed (not be f*&^%d with EVER, or at all by said govt). How do I know that the meanings in parenthesis are accurate? Simple, I looked to the words of those that wrote the Amendment and voted on the Amendment to see what they meant.

Unlike you, I received an excellent liberal public education. That is why I am so much smarter and intelligent than you. Let me start your education pea brain. I can't give you too much to assimilate because a pea doesn't hold much. I'll try to keep it at your adolescent cognitive level.

What keeps tyranny in check in America is not guns or the 2nd amendment, it is the RULE OF LAW. "Ours is a nation of laws. We are ruled by laws, not men"- John Adams

The history of mankind was dominated by what is called the 'divine right of kings'. Men and women were ruled by kings who claimed the right to rule, who changed the law to suit their every whim.

Our founding fathers, who were the most enlightened liberal thinkers of their time considered that intolerable. They envisioned a nation established on the rule of duly enacted laws ... not the conceited edicts of arrogant tyrants.

Humanity had lived under the rule of one form of king or another for thousands of years until that fateful day in Philadelphia, when wise, courageous men gathered on the Fourth of July 1776 to institute a new form of government whereby the people would rule themselves under law.

America was born, and The Rule of Law was made our highest maxim. Not without many problems was America born. Not without mistakes. Not without errors of the most horrible kind. Yet America was born, and there appeared upon the face of this war-worn planet a new hope. Hope for peace to come. Hope for the day when right will conquer might. When truth will overcome deceit.

The Rule of Law lives in the hearts of free men and women everywhere. The maxim states that men should not be trusted to rule others unless their rule is tempered by fixed laws that prevent tyranny, laws that prevent individuals from accumulating wealth by force, laws that prevent those in high office from exercising power over the populace without restraint, laws that prevent the majority from acting without a due regard for the rights and well-being of individuals, laws that prevent the powerful from plundering the weak.The Rule of Law is what our heroes died for in past wars for liberty. The Rule of Law is worthy of our highest efforts as a people. This principle that laws should govern us instead of men -- laws of our own making and not the cruel edicts of tyrant dictators or divine right decrees of kings -- is the bedrock of human justice, the philosophical cornerstone of these United States, and the foundation of hope for all mankind.

"The care of human life and happiness, and not their destruction, is the first and only legitimate object of good government."
Thomas Jefferson to the Republican Citizens of Washington County, Maryland" (March 31, 1809).

1. Lol. Yeah the law? Here's the thing dippy. The law means whatever the justices say it means and the 2nd Amendment, not to mention the rest of the Constitution, was given us, according to the Founders, as a means to keep tyranny by our govt, by those who write and interpret the laws, in check.
Seems the man who actually authored the law you worship, thought it was the citizens, NOT that law, and certainly not the govt, that had the final authority, "the ultimate authority ... resides in the people alone," (James Madison, author of the Bill of Rights, in Federalist Paper #46.)
Furthermore, it's obvious the 2nd Amendment was included as a final check and balance on a govt that would use the laws they write to oppress the citizenry, much like King George's laws oppressed them.
"Congress have no power to disarm the militia. Their swords, and every other terrible implement of the soldier, are the birthright of an American... The unlimited power of the sword is not in the hands of either the federal or state government, but, where I trust in God it will ever remain, in the hands of the people" (Tench Coxe, Pennsylvania Gazette, Feb. 20, 1788)

"On every question of construction (of the Constitution) let us carry ourselves back to the time when the Constitution was adopted, recollect the spirit manifested in the debates, and instead of trying what meaning may be squeezed out of the text, or invented against it, conform to the probable one in which it was passed." (Thomas Jefferson, letter to William Johnson, June 12, 1823, The Complete Jefferson, p. 322)

"...to disarm the people - that was the best and most effectual way to enslave them." (George Mason, 3 Elliot, Debates at 380)

2. Right to rule huh? Conceited edicts of arrogant tyrants, huh? Ok slick, here we go; This is a quote from Cheif Justice Hughes, “we are under a Constitution, but the Constitution is what the judges say it is...” Doesn't that sound a bit like people who think they have a "Right to rule"? We have changed a King, for a black robed Oligarchy, and have suffered as a result, just as Thomas Jefferson warned us; "To consider the judges as the ultimate arbiters of all constitutional questions [is] a very dangerous doctrine indeed, and one which would place us under the despotism of an oligarchy. Our judges are as honest as other men and not more so. They have with others the same passions for party, for power, and the privilege of their corps. Their maxim is boni judicis est ampliare jurisdictionem [good justice is broad jurisdiction], and their power the more dangerous as they are in office for life and not responsible, as the other functionaries are, to the elective control. The Constitution has erected no such single tribunal, knowing that to whatever hands confided, with the corruptions of time and party, its members would become despots. It has more wisely made all the departments co-equal and co-sovereign within themselves."
Kings, despots, same/same son.

3. As for this nonsense, " laws that prevent tyranny, laws that prevent individuals from accumulating wealth by force, laws that prevent those in high office from exercising power over the populace without restraint, laws that prevent the majority from acting without a due regard for the rights and well-being of individuals, laws that prevent the powerful from plundering the weak" You obviously do live under a rock, becuase it's our laws, the law you seem to worship, that has allowed tryants in govt to exercise power w/o restraint, has allowed the minority to dictate to the majority, has allowed the few to accumulate untold wealth at the expense of the many, has allowed the govt to plunder the people and has given the govt the means to dictate and force it's will upon free men. As Mr Bumble once said, "The law is an ass".

4. Let's see what else Thomas Jefferson said shall we?
"And what country can preserve its liberties, if its rulers are not warned from time to time that this people preserve the spirit of resistance? Let them take arms....The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants" (Thomas Jefferson in a letter to William S. Smith in 1787. Taken from Jefferson, On Democracy 20, S. Padover ed., 1939)

You have a fine liberal indoctrination, not an education, there is a difference you know.

In typical right wing pea brain fashion, your faux knowledge really turns out to be no knowledge at all, but pure ignorant right wing authoritarian indoctrination and propaganda.

You right wing scum love to hack the words of our founders to use them as propaganda, without understanding or revealing what they are really saying. Prime example is your Thomas Jefferson warning about judges. You cut off Jefferson's argument just before he explains:

" but the Constitution, in keeping three departments distinct and independent, restrains the authority of the judges to judiciary organs, as it does the executive and legislative to executive and legislative organs. The judges certainly have more frequent occasion to act on constitutional questions, because the laws of meum and tuum and of criminal action, forming the great mass of the system of law, constitute their particular department. When the legislative or executive functionaries act unconstitutionally, they are responsible to the people in their elective capacity. The exemption of the judges from that is quite dangerous enough. I know no safe depository of the ultimate powers of the society but the people themselves ; and if we think them not enlightened enough to exercise their control with a wholesome discretion, the remedy is not to take it from them, but to inform their discretion by education. This is the true corrective of abuses of constitutional power."

Irony...you totally run down the judicial system and claim the rule of law "has allowed the govt to plunder the people and has given the govt the means to dictate and force it's will upon free men"...yet in regard to the death penalty, you are a statist government ass licker:

No, we need to impliment it more often and far quicker. We need to ban scum sitting on death row, sucking up millions of dollars of the tax payer's money in worthless appeals for 10, 20yrs or longer and make the system go from conviction to execution in the same day.

Hey right wing scum bag, are those 20 first graders enough 'blood of patriots' to quench your blood thirst for a day or two?

"The equal rights of man, and the happiness of every individual, are now acknowledged to be the only legitimate objects of government. Modern times have the signal advantage, too, of having discovered the only device by which these rights can be secured, to wit: government by the people, acting not in person, but by representatives chosen by themselves, that is to say, by every man of ripe years and sane mind, who contributes either by his purse or person to the support of his country." --Thomas Jefferson to A. Coray, 1823. ME 15:482

Last edited:
It means a lot, but you choose to ignore it because you cannot admit you are wrong. Hammers are tools and their purpose is not to be used as defense or for hunting. Rocks are deadly too. So are cars.

I'm sure Moe Howard of the three stooges could walk into a movie theater, sneak up behind 70 people, kill 12of them and wound 58 with a hammer in 5 minutes and before the usher noticed him...

I will take this as serious as I would The Three Stooges. You really did noy reply to what I said.

You are lashing out at the wrong person. Try to control you emotions.

and all that means nothing. fact is, hammer proved more deadly than deadly assualt weapons. why aren't you banning hammers and registering them? why aren't you requiring background checks? hammers are so easy to get. you can even buy them at yard sales. no one is tracking these deadly weapons.

creat all the fantasy analogies you want. facts are, hammers still took more lives than deadly assualt weapons with large capacity magazines. you can't change that bottom line

creat all the fantasy analogies you want. facts are, hammers still took more lives than deadly assualt weapons with large capacity magazines. you can't change that bottom line

Most people would take their chances with a hammer wielding goon, especially in a crowd. A goon with an assault weapon is an army. You refuse to accept the facts, and the dynamics.

Most people would take their chances with a hammer wielding goon, especially in a crowd. A goon with an assault weapon is an army. You refuse to accept the facts, and the dynamics.

yea, except these goons with an army still take fewer lives and they are far fewer incidents. heck you have to look back a few years to even get a handful count of them. those are the facts and dynamics

yea, except these goons with an army still take fewer lives and they are far fewer incidents. heck you have to look back a few years to even get a handful count of them. those are the facts and dynamics

So when 70 people are mowed down in less than 5 minutes in a movie theater, or 20 children are executed in a school, we should count our blessings that the perpetrator wasn't a hammer wielding carpenter or roofer.

That's irrelevant

"If you throw a frog into a pot of boiling water, he’ll jump out. But if you place a frog into a pot of lukewarm water and slowly turn up the heat, it will boil to death."

Actually it's called Paranoia. Remember, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you (cue horror music...)

So when 70 people are mowed down in less than 5 minutes in a movie theater, or 20 children are executed in a school, we should count our blessings that the perpetrator wasn't a hammer wielding carpenter or roofer.

What if it was a crazed nail-gunner?
I'm not sure where we've left nail guns in all this; the paranoid like to point out how deadly it is, and yet it's a gun... and yet it's kind of a hammer.... :dunno:

The difference (for Spoon) is that we don't have an endless stream of movies and TV dramas and video games featuring hammer horrors; there's no celluloid glory in Good vanquishing Evil with a bigger hammer; we don't have a National Hammer Association working tirelessly to weaken hammer laws while getting heavily quid pro quo funded by Stanley; we don't have hammer show orgies hawking hammers to the multitudes no questions asked; and we don't have Tim Allen and Bob Vila waving their ball peens aloft crowing "from my cold dead tool belt" to hysterical followers.

We could try that and see what happens in the "hammer culture". It would be different. Would certainly make movie plots more interesting, and maybe even offer some carpentry tips in the process. On the other hand we couldn't have conspiracy theories about the carpenter on the grassy knoll. It's a trade-off.

I'm not sure where we've left nail guns in all this; the paranoid like to point out how deadly it is, and yet it's a gun... and yet it's kind of a hammer.... :dunno:

The difference (for Spoon) is that we don't have an endless stream of movies and TV dramas and video games featuring hammer horrors; there's no celluloid glory in Good vanquishing Evil with a bigger hammer; we don't have a National Hammer Association working tirelessly to weaken hammer laws while getting heavily quid pro quo funded by Stanley; we don't have hammer show orgies hawking hammers to the multitudes no questions asked; and we don't have Tim Allen and Bob Vila waving their ball peens aloft crowing "from my cold dead tool belt" to hysterical followers.

We could try that and see what happens in the "hammer culture". It would be different. Would certainly make movie plots more interesting, and maybe even offer some carpentry tips in the process. On the other hand we couldn't have conspiracy theories about the carpenter on the grassy knoll. It's a trade-off.

You certainly hammered home your point...you nailed it!

You certainly hammered home your point...you nailed it!

I joist think it's plane that the hammer analogy is ...screwed.

We should count our blessings that he didn't use the Ricin that the police found in his apartment; because then it would have been 700, not 70, and they all would have died, instead of only 12.

You are an authoritarian thug, the rule of law means nothing to you, nor does reason or logic. Because you are the thug, you seek to disarm the populace, particularly from defensive weapons such as firearms. You are far less concerned with offensive weapons such are incendiary devices (gasoline, propane, butane, etc.) or poison gases. These are of little use when defending a home or persons. A rifle is the tool of liberty, thus you seek to confiscate it, as it interferes with your goal of ending liberty.

rbitrary and everyone has to be treated the same, even though the circumstances are NOT the same. Police and the Secret Service weapon requirements are NOT t

If the civilians no longer have assault weapons, why do the police need them then? Oh because criminals won't turn their weapons in, only the good and law abiding citizens will! You contradict yourself boy.

That's irrelevant

Actually it's called Paranoia. Remember, just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you (cue horror music...)

Thanks for revealing how clueless you really are, or you're a government stooge.

https://www.google.com/search?q=gun...s=org.mozilla:en-US:official&client=firefox-a

Googled 'gun confiscation proposal' for you, Bfgrn...

It seems you haven't been keeping up...

Edmund Burke

Attempting to confiscate THE MOST EFFECTIVE ARMS for home and self defense IS 'disarming the populace', moron. The only difference between an all-out confiscation and what's being proposed is DEGREE.

Take away the 'assault weapons' (which you morons can't even define other than cosmetics), then go after the semi-automatic rifles and shotguns, then the semi-auto pistols, then the lever action rifles, then the revolvers, then the knives (see not-so-Great Britain for THAT example), etc., etc., ad infinitum.

Stop lying about your ULTIMATE goal, we KNOW better!

No, I don't think they wood, pun intended, if they have any sense of rational reason at all or if they live in a house or work in a building that was put up through the use of "nails".

And we live in a nation that has been built by the guns the Redcoats tried to seize at Lexington and Concord.

A fine point but still irrelevant since, as again mentioned in the part of my quote you cut off, nobody's banning or confiscating guns anyway except as a strawman tangent purveyed by the paranoid. Kinda weird that y'all can't get past that.

Sorry but "I know what they said but here's what they really mean" just doesn't cut it.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back