🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Born Alive Abortion Survivors Protection Act passed a couple days ago

If cognitive dissonance were a problem, it would show up at the level of methods used to evaluate beliefs. Yet, many people seem to have no discomfort using science, logic, and reason to establish one set of beliefs, while using desire, feelings, faith, emotional attachment to a charismatic leader, and the like to establish another set of beliefs.

cognitive dissonance - The Skeptic's Dictionary - Skepdic.com

If cognitive dissonance were a problem, it would show up at the level of methods used to evaluate beliefs. Yet, many people seem to have no discomfort using science, logic, and reason to establish one set of beliefs, while using desire, feelings, faith, emotional attachment to a charismatic leader, and the like to establish another set of beliefs.

Are you really comparing yourself to a cult member right now?

hardly, but you definitely are ....a
nd have reading comp issues.
Christianity is a cult and Jesus a charismatic leader.
neat trick for someone who's been dead for 2000 years

Jesus was technically a cult leader if he ever existed. I'm still puzzled as to why you people think I'm a Christian. I committed the "unforgivable sin" in this very thread just for shits and giggles.

Jesus was technically a cult leader if he ever existed. I'm still puzzled as to why you people think I'm a Christian. I committed the "unforgivable sin" in this very thread just for shits and giggles.
Who's you people?
Your faith or lack of it is not the point .
I don't care what you believe

:itsok:

Who's you people?

Then why do you and Joe keep randomly bringing religion into it?

It's interesting to see the mental cartwheels these guys have to do justifying abortion. If you keep it up, you will break your brain.

It's interesting to see the mental cartwheels these guys have to do justifying abortion. If you keep it up, you will break your brain.
I've seen precious little of even that so far. It's just been buffoonery and subject dodging. "Make it about anything and everything except the issue at hand" is very much the standard liberal MO here.

Who's you people?

Then why do you and Joe keep randomly bringing religion into it?
Gee i don't know maybe because the bill is based on a religious belief badly masquerading as law?

False all the justifying and rationalizing is on you clowns.
I'mo no justification is needed
It's black letter law .

It's black letter law .
The law is in the process of being ratified. Technically you're the one opposing the law here. I ask you again, what religion do you have to be to be pro-life?

Gee i don't know maybe because the bill is based on a religious belief badly masquerading as law?
What religion do you have to be to be pro-life?
Lol it's based on a religious superstition .
Stop dodging that fact
Most "pro life" sup don't attend or rarely attend church.
You could say it's it's own religion and not be far off the mark.
The pro-life position - that feticide, infanticide, and all other forms of killing are inherently immoral - is a religion of its own? Are you serious?

It's black letter law .
The law is in the process of being ratified. Technically you're the one opposing the law here. I ask you again, what religion do you have to be to be pro-life?
False there is no technicality a law is or is not.

Stop dodging that fact
The pro-life position - that feticide, infanticide, and all other forms of killing are inherently immoral - is a religion of its own? Are you serious?
For all practical purposes it is.

Stop dodging that fact
You don't realize how transparent that is, do you? You already fucked up when you tried equating it with Christianity. You can't retroactively call it a religion afterwards. What gods do we worship? Who's the Prolife caliph? What's our scripture? A Modest Proposal?

The oddest thing is even if abortion is outlawed completely .
It will not stop it
It will revert back to the same state it was in before it was made legal
I seriously doubt the number of abortions would drop significantly.

Stop dodging that fact
You don't realize how transparent that is, do you? You already fucked up when you tried equating it with Christianity. You can't retroactively call it a religion afterwards. What gods do we worship? Who's the Prolife caliph? What's our scripture? A Modest Proposal?
False I can and did.
Nothing retroactive about my statement ,
Just you rationalizing .

The oddest thing is even if abortion is outlawed completely .
It will not stop it
It will revert back to the same state it was in before it was made legal
I seriously doubt the number of abortions would drop significantly.
Stick to one consistent argument at least. If Orthodox Prolife is a religion, then what trappings of a religion do we have? Are we recognized anywhere? Do we have any rituals or an afterlife? Who counts as our clergy?

Stop dodging that fact
False I can and did.
Nothing retroactive about my statement ,
Just you rationalizing .
You did retroactively call it a religion but you didn't. There's that talent at doublethink again. -.-

Forum List

Back