The Bud Light kerfuffle, and the moment it all crossed the line

I agree…I hate light beer

But still, Bud Light is the most popular beer in the country
Obviously it’s not since due to declining sales they hit up advertising to go after a “ younger” market. They thought getting college kids and the mentally I’ll youth of TikTok hooked on alcohol was a good idea.

How’s that working for them?

Some of us -- okay, well, I'm admittedly talking about me here -- have been screaming about the perils of political correctness and identity politics for over a decade here. "We" have been saying that the American Left has been blowing it by pushing these wide-ranging cultural issues FAR too far, and that the presidential election results of 2016 were a DIRECT result of those tactics.

So now the Right is pissed off at a beer and is boycotting it and shooting guns at it 'n stuff. And yes, now the Right is every bit as spectacularly hypersensitive to PC/Identity Politics as the Left has been to racism over the years. Ironic. As I've said many times, the two ends can be so similar in their behaviors.

After paying close attention (as usual) to what the Right actually says about things, I think that there was one moment, one turning point that the Left crossed the line with all this stuff: When we started seeing children (especially schoolchildren, who essentially are captive participants) fully exposed to transsexuality, drag queens, drag shows, and the like. This was done by adults who knew damn well that there would be MANY parents who would object, but they ran with it anyway. That's when the shit really hit the fan, and the Left asked for it. BOOM.

Just the latest example of the damage caused when ideologues ignore contrary opinions and go too far. And what's the response? The Right is now going too far in response. Go figure.

Thoughts?

The difference between the left and the right in this situation is the right just stops using the product and makes fun of it.

The left tries to make sure NO ONE can use the product, and if you use the product they try to cancel you.

The right has now crossed the line?? where did it cross the line?
You guys really don't actually read what I write. You just focus on this word or that word and freak out.

Just concentrate on paragraph three of the OP. I'm talking about the LEFT crossing the line.

Some of us -- okay, well, I'm admittedly talking about me here -- have been screaming about the perils of political correctness and identity politics for over a decade here. "We" have been saying that the American Left has been blowing it by pushing these wide-ranging cultural issues FAR too far, and that the presidential election results of 2016 were a DIRECT result of those tactics.

So now the Right is pissed off at a beer and is boycotting it and shooting guns at it 'n stuff. And yes, now the Right is every bit as spectacularly hypersensitive to PC/Identity Politics as the Left has been to racism over the years. Ironic. As I've said many times, the two ends can be so similar in their behaviors.

After paying close attention (as usual) to what the Right actually says about things, I think that there was one moment, one turning point that the Left crossed the line with all this stuff: When we started seeing children (especially schoolchildren, who essentially are captive participants) fully exposed to transsexuality, drag queens, drag shows, and the like. This was done by adults who knew damn well that there would be MANY parents who would object, but they ran with it anyway. That's when the shit really hit the fan, and the Left asked for it. BOOM.

Just the latest example of the damage caused when ideologues ignore contrary opinions and go too far. And what's the response? The Right is now going too far in response. Go figure.

Thoughts?

As an old, 63-year-old patriotic conservative ... I have always stopped supporting companies (when possible) that push ideologies contrary to America's Constitution, culture, freedoms, privacy, or lifestyle. I rarely concern myself about what other Conservatives do or don't do. I boycott "woke" to satisfy my personal psyche and to give myself the feeling that I'm doing my small part. Even if the world is happily jumping off of the political, social, and economic cliff of self-destruction ... I'm happy to "just say no" to wokeism if and when possible.

Bud Light "effed" up, and they deserve the ire of the conservative collective.

Last edited:
The funny thing about this is the implication that if someone pulls out a gun and shoots it at you, you must just accept it and comply to the gunfire. Too fking funny. To then react is the problem of the one being shot at for being overly extreme to fire back. I tell, you can't make up a demofk. no, no, really, one can't.

Has the dalai lama started drinking the bud lite? We know the left has always been infatuated with freeing tibet.

"The Dalai Lama has apologised after an unsettling video appeared on social media in which he kissed a young Indian boy on the lips before asking him to 'suck' his tongue."

As an old, 63-year-old patriotic conservative ... I have always stopped supporting companies (when possible) who push ideologies contrary to America's Constitution, culture, freedoms, privacy, or lifestyle. I rarely concern myself about what other Conservatives do or don't do. I boycott "woke" to satisfy my personal psyche and to give myself the feeling that I'm doing my small part. Even if the world is happily jumping off of the political, social, and economic cliff of self-destruction ... I'm happy to "just say no" to wokeism if and when possible.

Bud Lite "effed" up, and they deserve the ire of the conservative collective.
Conservatives would never do that.
Teabaggers CLAIMING to be "conservative" would, because they're......................SNOWFLAKES.

I really enjoyed a youtube I saw earlier last week, commenting on this man playing woman being similar to a white male playing black face in front of an audience. All the same thing, I agree, it's merely a man playing makeup and acting.

Conservatives would never do that.
Teabaggers CLAIMING to be "conservative" would, because they're......................SNOWFLAKES.
snowflakes are demofks, let's don't project your sorry status.

Thoughts?

Stop lying, Mac. You voted for the most radically left-wing administration in American history. You support this, you wanted this, and you actively voted for this.

No one is buying your bullshit here.

I would say from a 100 foot level, that most who drank Bud light were conservatives. Sports fans and men who look at women as beautiful. That was their market. Now what Bud light did was say fk you to their main money!!!!!

And a demofk wants to bitch is hilarious.

BTW, I think Annheuser Bush is most probably the number one beer maker.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back