The Common Denominator: Islam

What about the world? What percentage of the entire population of Muslims on the earth have ever intentionally targeted and killed civilians?

not the point, their religion teaches that killing non-muslims is what they should do.

No. It doesn't. But you're free to believe that :)

Ignorance doesn't prevent you from pontificating,does it.

Educate yourself!

".... many still view it as a "peaceful religion."

Psychologists might call this cognitive dissonance — a state of mind where rational people essentially lie to themselves. But in this case, it's understandable. In our politically correct culture, criticizing any religion, even one that plots our destruction, is still taboo. And no one wants to suggest the terrorists are driven by their holy text.

"Is it true that 26 chapters of the Quran deal with jihad, a fight able-bodied believers are obligated to join (Surah 2:216), and that the text orders Muslims to "instill terror into the hearts of the unbeliever" and to "smite above their necks" (8:12)?

Is the "test" of loyalty to Allah not good acts or faith in general, but martyrdom that results from fighting unbelievers (47:4) — the only assurance of salvation in Islam (4:74; 9:111)?

Are the sins of any Muslim who becomes a martyr forgiven by the very act of being slain while slaying the unbelievers (4:96)?

And is it really true that martyrs are rewarded with virgins, among other carnal delights, in Paradise (38:51, 55:56; 55:76; 56:22)?"
osint Religion Of Peace
[email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'] O
riginally printed in Investors Business Daily, 3/27/2006

It doesn't take much education to cherry pick religious texts to find phrases that fit your bias. There's probably a psychological term for that as well.

Hmmm.....earlier you claimed I hadn't studied the Q'ran.

Now you claim I've 'cherry picked'....pretty thin defense.

hmmmm....since when does "cherry picked" equal "studied"? Google is your friend. One can google phrases without ever reading or studying the original material. Doing so implies understanding - something lacking in your posts.

I note that you made no attempt to counter any of what I posted.

Wise.

If you need a lesson in understanding the Q'ran, please don't hesitate to ask.

I'll be happy to provide valuable hermeneutics.

The "value" of what you wish to provide is more likely to be found in a box of cracker jacks :)

not the point, their religion teaches that killing non-muslims is what they should do.

Educate yourself!

Psychologists might call this cognitive dissonance — a state of mind where rational people essentially lie to themselves. But in this case, it's understandable. In our politically correct culture, criticizing any religion, even one that plots our destruction, is still taboo. And no one wants to suggest the terrorists are driven by their holy text.

"Is it true that 26 chapters of the Quran deal with jihad, a fight able-bodied believers are obligated to join (Surah 2:216), and that the text orders Muslims to "instill terror into the hearts of the unbeliever" and to "smite above their necks" (8:12)?

Is the "test" of loyalty to Allah not good acts or faith in general, but martyrdom that results from fighting unbelievers (47:4) — the only assurance of salvation in Islam (4:74; 9:111)?

Are the sins of any Muslim who becomes a martyr forgiven by the very act of being slain while slaying the unbelievers (4:96)?

And is it really true that martyrs are rewarded with virgins, among other carnal delights, in Paradise (38:51, 55:56; 55:76; 56:22)?"
osint Religion Of Peace
[email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'] O

It doesn't take much education to cherry pick religious texts to find phrases that fit your bias. There's probably a psychological term for that as well.

hmmmm....since when does "cherry picked" equal "studied"? Google is your friend. One can google phrases without ever reading or studying the original material. Doing so implies understanding - something lacking in your posts.

Wise.

The "value" of what you wish to provide is more likely to be found in a box of cracker jacks :)

Bet you evinced the same attitude toward the education your teachers offered.

That's, after all, what makes one a Liberal.

Educate yourself!

osint Religion Of Peace
[email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'] O

Wise.

Where do you get your fortune cookies from? They're far more interesting than the ones I get....

At any rate - I'm willing to bet that the Bible can (and has been) just as easily cherry picked with an eye towards extremism as the Quran has and cherry picking does not equal understanding - just the skillful taking out of context appropriate phrases. I'll bypass your nifty educational efforts and leave you to your fortune cookie enterprise.

Educate yourself!

osint Religion Of Peace
[email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'][email protected][/email]/msg19921.html'] O

Wise.

Where do you get your fortune cookies from? They're far more interesting than the ones I get....

At any rate - I'm willing to bet that the Bible can (and has been) just as easily cherry picked with an eye towards extremism as the Quran has and cherry picking does not equal understanding - just the skillful taking out of context appropriate phrases. I'll bypass your nifty educational efforts and leave you to your fortune cookie enterprise.

Pretty stupid post.

I've taken nothing "just the skillful taking out of context."

The Q'ran is a book about making war.

"The Koran’s core theme is about the duty of all Muslims to fight non-Muslims; an Islamic Mein Kampf, in which fight means war, jihad. The Koran is above all a book of war – a call to butcher non-Muslims (2:191, 3:141, 4:91, 5:3), to roast them (4:56, 69:30-69:32), and to cause bloodbaths amongst them (47:4). Jews are compared to monkeys and pigs (2:65, 5:60, 7:166), while people who believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God must according to the Koran be fought (9:30 [9:29])."
Geert Wilders 8217 Parliamentary Speech On The Koran Pat Dollard

That is not the case with the Bible.

Ready to admit that you are a dunce?

PAM GELLER as a news source?? Are you shittin' me?
rofl.gif

>> There is no doubt that ISIS is persecuting the Christians in Mosul and other areas of Iraq. But almost all have already fled the city and the few that remain are continuing to leave the area. There are, however, journalists from Iraq and Western news agencies still in the city. Why have none of them taken photographs of these atrocities, or even reported on their occurrence? Why have such stories not been reported by the Christians who have fled to the cities controlled by the Kurds?

If Arabo was able to get news of such atrocities in San Diego, why has no one else heard stories of this ongoing tragedy?

Fueling the speculation has been websites, like Catholic Online, that purport to have pictures of children beheaded by ISIS. (The images on the site are extremely graphic and disturbing. I’d advise not looking at them.) Catholic Online, which is not officially connected to the Catholic Church, has only one picture that could be of a beheaded child . But there is no way to know whether it is real or whether it occurred in Iraq. There is no source or context for the photos and the story is credited to “News Consortium.”

One of the pictures that Catholic Online includes — and that has become ubiquitous on social media — shows a baby with three rifles pointed at his head (see image above). While the image is outrageous, it was not a photo taken of ISIS in northern Iraq. The photo originally appeared online April 11, 2014 on the Facebook page of a person from Yemen. Numerous people on that page attest that the clothes the child is wearing are obviously Yemeni. A few days later, though, the image started popping up on pro-Syrian Army websites claiming that it was an Armenian child who was taken by Syrian rebels. Whatever the original context for the photo, we know based on the date alone that it was not recently taken in Mosul or northern Iraq.

.....UPDATE #1: Many people in the comments and on TGC Twitter feed have mentioned the picture of the headless girl shown on Catholic Online. The story about the girl goes back to 2013. It's claimed she is a Muslim Syrian girl named Fatima Meghlaj and that she was decapitated when Syrian forces shelled her home. << ---- Fact Checker: Is ISIS Beheading Children? (more at the link)​

Come on, use your head. What do terrorists want? Terror. And that means perceptions. By salivating on command some of y'all are in effect enabling them. Stop swallowing everything plunked in front of you without asking who made it. This tactic is as old as dirt and twice as dirty.

"Suppose one reads a story of filthy atrocities in the paper. Then suppose that something turns up suggesting that the story might not be quite true, or not quite so bad as it was made out. Is one’s first feeling, `Thank God, even they aren’t quite so bad as that,’ or is it a feeling of disappointment, and even a determination to cling to the first story for the sheer pleasure of thinking your enemies as bad as possible? If it is the second then it is, I am afraid, the first step in a process which, if followed to the end, will make us into devils. You see, one is beginning to wish that black was a little blacker. If we give that wish its head, later on we shall wish to see grey as black, and then to see white itself as black. Finally, we shall insist on seeing everything - God and our friends and ourselves included - as bad, and not be able to stop doing it: we shall be fixed for ever in a universe of pure hatred." - C. S. Lewis, Mere Christianity (ibid)

>> This story seems to have originated from a Skype interview with a man named Mark Arabo that was broadcast on CNN. Arabo reported that ISIS had “systematically beheaded children” and put their heads on sticks in a park in Mosul, Iraq. As far as we can tell, no other sources have corroborated Arabo’s claims although the phrase “systematically beheaded children” has been making the rounds of media echo chambers. Google is now saturated with sites claiming children were beheaded in Mosul.

We noticed the story going viral so we looked for pictures or videos and checked with sources in several countries in the Middle East. Those we asked had not heard any news about beheaded children and we found zero pictures or videos of kids’ heads on sticks anywhere in the world. We can’t verify that the news is false, however it’s highly unusual that not one person in Mosul took a photo or video if such a ghoulish display is actually out in public there. << --- Fake ISIS News

-- the site contains plenty of fake news items with original sources that were perverted from the originals
For instance:

BumVRdoIgAAfXnT.png:large

Bullshit. It's a poetry competition and she flubbed her poem.

Truth is the first casualty folks. Demonization happens for a calculated and manipulative reason. God DAMN it, feel a clue when you're being played like a three dollar banjo. :banghead:

brooklyn+bridge.jpg

Pam Geller of all creatures as a "news" source. Pam Fucking Geller. Jesus Christ in a hang glider...

Last edited:

rofl.gif

Always amusing when the insipid...you.....attack the source.

Obviously means you can't deny the message.

I just did. Like it or lump it.

Same thing I pointed out to your pointy little head when this thread started.

Density....

rofl.gif

Density....

You can run but you can't hide.

Wise.

Pretty stupid post.

"The Koran’s core theme is about the duty of all Muslims to fight non-Muslims; an Islamic Mein Kampf, in which fight means war, jihad. The Koran is above all a book of war – a call to butcher non-Muslims (2:191, 3:141, 4:91, 5:3), to roast them (4:56, 69:30-69:32), and to cause bloodbaths amongst them (47:4). Jews are compared to monkeys and pigs (2:65, 5:60, 7:166), while people who believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God must according to the Koran be fought (9:30 [9:29])."

Geert Wilders??? Seriously? Ok. You've lost all credibility. That would be like using a quote from a neo-Nazi to bolster an antisemitic claim. :cuckoo:

Wise.

Pretty stupid post.

Geert Wilders??? Seriously? Ok. You've lost all credibility. That would be like using a quote from a neo-Nazi to bolster an antisemitic claim. :cuckoo:

Where did you learn that commenting about the messenger is the equivalent to rebutting the message???

Liberal academy?

Of course....if you'd like to show how the quote is incorrect......????

Not happening.

rofl.gif

>> There is no doubt that ISIS is persecuting the Christians in Mosul and other areas of Iraq. But almost all have already fled the city and the few that remain are continuing to leave the area. There are, however, journalists from Iraq and Western news agencies still in the city. Why have none of them taken photographs of these atrocities, or even reported on their occurrence? Why have such stories not been reported by the Christians who have fled to the cities controlled by the Kurds?

If Arabo was able to get news of such atrocities in San Diego, why has no one else heard stories of this ongoing tragedy?

Fueling the speculation has been websites, like Catholic Online, that purport to have pictures of children beheaded by ISIS. (The images on the site are extremely graphic and disturbing. I’d advise not looking at them.) Catholic Online, which is not officially connected to the Catholic Church, has only one picture that could be of a beheaded child . But there is no way to know whether it is real or whether it occurred in Iraq. There is no source or context for the photos and the story is credited to “News Consortium.”

One of the pictures that Catholic Online includes — and that has become ubiquitous on social media — shows a baby with three rifles pointed at his head (see image above). While the image is outrageous, it was not a photo taken of ISIS in northern Iraq. The photo originally appeared online April 11, 2014 on the Facebook page of a person from Yemen. Numerous people on that page attest that the clothes the child is wearing are obviously Yemeni. A few days later, though, the image started popping up on pro-Syrian Army websites claiming that it was an Armenian child who was taken by Syrian rebels. Whatever the original context for the photo, we know based on the date alone that it was not recently taken in Mosul or northern Iraq.

.....UPDATE #1: Many people in the comments and on TGC Twitter feed have mentioned the picture of the headless girl shown on Catholic Online. The story about the girl goes back to 2013. It's claimed she is a Muslim Syrian girl named Fatima Meghlaj and that she was decapitated when Syrian forces shelled her home. << ---- Fact Checker: Is ISIS Beheading Children? (more at the link)

Come on, use your head. What do terrorists want? Terror. And that means perceptions. By salivating on command some of y'all are in effect enabling them. Stop swallowing everything plunked in front of you without asking who made it. This tactic is as old as dirt and twice as dirty.

"Suppose one reads a story of filthy atrocities in the paper. Then suppose that something turns up suggesting that the story might not be quite true, or not quite so bad as it was made out. Is one’s first feeling, `Thank God, even they aren’t quite so bad as that,’ or is it a feeling of disappointment, and even a determination to cling to the first story for the sheer pleasure of thinking your enemies as bad as possible? If it is the second then it is, I am afraid, the first step in a process which, if followed to the end, will make us into devils. You see, one is beginning to wish that black was a little blacker. If we give that wish its head, later on we shall wish to see grey as black, and then to see white itself as black. Finally, we shall insist on seeing everything - God and our friends and ourselves included - as bad, and not be able to stop doing it: we shall be fixed for ever in a universe of pure hatred." - C. S. Lewis, Mere Christianity (ibid)

>> This story seems to have originated from a Skype interview with a man named Mark Arabo that was broadcast on CNN. Arabo reported that ISIS had “systematically beheaded children” and put their heads on sticks in a park in Mosul, Iraq. As far as we can tell, no other sources have corroborated Arabo’s claims although the phrase “systematically beheaded children” has been making the rounds of media echo chambers. Google is now saturated with sites claiming children were beheaded in Mosul.

We noticed the story going viral so we looked for pictures or videos and checked with sources in several countries in the Middle East. Those we asked had not heard any news about beheaded children and we found zero pictures or videos of kids’ heads on sticks anywhere in the world. We can’t verify that the news is false, however it’s highly unusual that not one person in Mosul took a photo or video if such a ghoulish display is actually out in public there. << --- Fake ISIS News

-- the site contains plenty of fake news items with original sources that were perverted from the originals
For instance:

Truth is the first casualty folks. Demonization happens for a calculated and manipulative reason. God DAMN it, feel a clue when you're being played like a three dollar banjo. :banghead:

brooklyn+bridge.jpg

Pam Geller of all creatures as a "news" source. Pam Fucking Geller. Jesus Christ in a hang glider...

Density....

Are you aware that you just posted that "note to self" online? :eusa_doh:

Dat's me, your personal lump of Kryptonite. Can I refill your cup? :coffee:

All I know is that I want to stop hearing from "spokesmen for the bereaved families of beheadded journalists" and start hearing from the actual families, friends, teachers, neighbors and communities who knew these men well. Until then, I'm feeling like I'm being played like a three dollar banjo.

rofl.gif

.....UPDATE #1: Many people in the comments and on TGC Twitter feed have mentioned the picture of the headless girl shown on Catholic Online. The story about the girl goes back to 2013. It's claimed she is a Muslim Syrian girl named Fatima Meghlaj and that she was decapitated when Syrian forces shelled her home. << ---- Fact Checker: Is ISIS Beheading Children? (more at the link)

For instance:

brooklyn+bridge.jpg

Density....

Are you aware that you just posted that "note to self" online? :eusa_doh:

Dat's me, your personal lump of Kryptonite. Can I refill your cup? :coffee:

Congrats! You've managed to get three gallons of stupid in a two gallon bucket!

Still trying to hide?

You haven't been able to show where the poster's quote was incorrect.....
...you've simply noted that you dislike Pam Geller.

I'm not saying that you are a moron, but maybe you should pursue things that don't require a lot of intelligence. Like coloring.

"War is Peace"...
"Freedom is Slavery"...
"Blowing a hair-on-fire sensationalist fallacy-ridden bullshit thread out of the water by exposing it for what it is is 'hiding'".....

And of course, still in the Number One spot:

"Ignorance is Strength".
The Ministry of Truth never sleeps. Which kind of explains the caliber of its content.
snore.gif

Pretty stupid post.

Where did you learn that commenting about the messenger is the equivalent to rebutting the message???

Liberal academy?

Of course....if you'd like to show how the quote is incorrect......????

Not happening.

Geert: "The Koran’s core theme is about the duty of all Muslims to fight non-Muslims; an Islamic Mein Kampf, in which fight means war, jihad. "

First - red flag language, the "poisoning of the well" by implying a similarity to Hitler and Mein Kampf.

Second - what is the Quran?

Quran - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia

The Quran assumes familiarity with major narratives recounted in the Jewish and Christian scriptures. It summarizes some, dwells at length on others and, in some cases, presents alternative accounts and interpretations of events.[10][11][12] The Quran describes itself as a book of guidance. It sometimes offers detailed accounts of specific historical events, and it often emphasizes the moral significance of an event over its narrative sequence.

The Quranic content is concerned with the basic beliefs of Islam which include the existence of God and the resurrection. Narratives of the early prophets, ethical and legal subjects, historical events of Muhammad's time, charity and prayer also appear in the Quran. The Quranic verses contain general exhortations regarding right and wrong and the historical events are related to outline general moral lessons. Verses pertaining to natural phenomena have been interpreted by Muslims as an indication of the authenticity of the Quranic message.[62]

Ethico-Religious concepts: Belief is the center of the sphere of positive moral properties in the Quran. A number of scholars have tried to determine the semantic contents of the words meaning 'belief' and 'believer' in the Quran [67] The Ethico-legal concepts and exhortations dealing with righteous conduct are linked to a profound awareness of God, thereby emphasizing the importance of faith, accountability and the belief in each human's ultimate encounter with God. People are invited to perform acts of charity, especially for the needy. Believers who "spend of their wealth by night and by day, in secret and in public" are promised that they "shall have their reward with their Lord; on them shall be no fear, nor shall they grieve"[68] It also affirms family life by legislating on matters of marriage, divorce and inheritance. A number of practices such as usury and gambling are prohibited. The Quran is one of the fundamental sources of the Islamic law, or sharia. Some formal religious practices receive significant attention in the Quran including the formal prayers and fasting in the month of Ramadan. As for the manner in which the prayer is to be conducted, the Quran refers to prostration.[9][65] The term used for charity, Zakat, actually means purification. Charity, according to the Quran, is a means of self-purification.[51][69]

Third - what is Mein Kampf?
Mein Kampf - Wikipedia the free encyclopedia
In Mein Kampf, Hitler used the main thesis of "the Jewish peril", which posits a Jewish conspiracy to gain world leadership.[6] The narrative describes the process by which he became increasingly antisemitic and militaristic, especially during his years in Vienna. Yet, the deeper origins of his anti-semitism remain a mystery. He speaks of not having met a Jew until he arrived in Vienna, and that at first his attitude was liberal and tolerant. When he first encountered the anti-semitic press, he says, he dismissed it as unworthy of serious consideration. Later he accepted the same anti-semitic views, which became crucial in his program of national reconstruction of Germany.

Mein Kampf has also been studied as a work on political theory. For example, Hitler announces his hatred of what he believed to be the world's two evils: Communism and Judaism. The new territory that Germany needed to obtain would properly nurture the "historic destiny" of the German people; this goal, which Hitler referred to as Lebensraum (living space), explains why Hitler aggressively expanded Germany eastward, specifically the invasions of Czechoslovakia and Poland, before he launched his attack against Russia. In Mein Kampf Hitler openly states that the future of Germany "has to lie in the acquisition of land in the East at the expense of Russia."[7]

During his work, Hitler blamed Germany's chief woes on the parliament of the Weimar Republic, the Jews, and Social Democrats, as well as Marxists. He announced that he wanted to completely destroy the parliamentary system, believing it to be corrupt in principle, as those who reach power are inherent opportunists.

Not much similarity.

Geert: "The Koran is above all a book of war – a call to butcher non-Muslims (2:191, 3:141, 4:91, 5:3), to roast them (4:56, 69:30-69:32), and to cause bloodbaths amongst them (47:4). Jews are compared to monkeys and pigs (2:65, 5:60, 7:166), while people who believe in Jesus Christ as the Son of God must according to the Koran be fought (9:30 [9:29]).""

There you go again - cherry picking a handful bits and attempting broadbrush the whole Quran with them.

You would think that if it is, "above all a book of war - a call to butcher non-Muslims" there would be tons of material there on it...at least a majority of the text devoted to it...certainly far more than the Bible.

Yet...

Is The Bible More Violent Than The Quran NPR

Defense Vs. Total Annihilation

Violence in the Quran, he and others say, is largely a defense against attack.

"By the standards of the time, which is the 7th century A.D., the laws of war that are laid down by the Quran are actually reasonably humane," he says. "Then we turn to the Bible, and we actually find something that is for many people a real surprise. There is a specific kind of warfare laid down in the Bible which we can only call genocide."

It is called herem, and it means total annihilation. Consider the Book of 1 Samuel, when God instructs King Saul to attack the Amalekites: "And utterly destroy all that they have, and do not spare them," God says through the prophet Samuel. "But kill both man and woman, infant and nursing child, ox and sheep, camel and donkey."

When Saul failed to do that, God took away his kingdom.

"In other words," Jenkins says, "Saul has committed a dreadful sin by failing to complete genocide. And that passage echoes through Christian history. It is often used, for example, in American stories of the confrontation with Indians — not just is it legitimate to kill Indians, but you are violating God's law if you do not."

Jenkins notes that the history of Christianity is strewn with herem. During the Crusades in the Middle Ages, the Catholic popes declared the Muslims Amalekites. In the great religious wars in the 16th, 17th and 19th centuries, Protestants and Catholics each believed the other side were the Amalekites and should be utterly destroyed...

'Out Of Context'

That may be the popular notion of jihad, says Waleed El-Ansary, but it's the wrong one. El-Ansary, who teaches Islamic studies at the University of South Carolina, says the Quran explicitly condemns religious aggression and the killing of civilians. And it makes the distinction between jihad — legal warfare with the proper rules of engagement — and irjaf, or terrorism.

Or...more food for thought Top Christian Scholar The Bible is More Violent Than the Koran

Top Christian Scholar: The Bible is More Violent Than the Koran
"In terms of its bloodthirsty and intolerant passages, the Bible raises considerably more issues than does the Qur'an. Some Bible passages justify genocide and multigenerational race war; the Qur'an has nothing comparable. While many Qur'anic texts undoubtedly call for warfare or bloodshed, these are hedged around with more restrictions than their biblical equivalents, with more opportunities for the defeated to make peace and survive. Furthermore, any of the defenses that can be offered for biblical violence--for instance, that these passages are unrepresentative of the overall message of the text--apply equally to the Qur-an."

...Yes, the bloody scriptures continue to exist, and in some circumstances, in certain conditions of social and political breakdown, extremists will cite them to provide a spiritual aura to violent and revolting acts that they were going to commit anyway. But that does not mean that we should hold the scriptures themselves responsible, or imagine that the faith as such is irrevocably tainted. Religions develop and mature over time, and it is lunatic to condemn a whole faith on the basis of its ancient horrors. That's true for Christians, Jews -- and Muslims.""If the founding texts determine the whole later course of a faith, then it should be impossible for Christians and Jews to live their faith without the genocidal violence and racial segregation that so abounds in their holy book -- yet most believers do just that, and have done so in most eras of their history. "

So here we have two great holy books: one with considerably more call to genocide, murder and violence and another with a more restrictive code of warfare and Geert, through cherry picking attempts to claim that the one is inherently a book of war and the other somehow..not?

Here we go again...you haters bring up ancient history as a way to denigrate Christianity TODAY. Are you nuts?

Have you heard of the New Testament or the Reformation? Are Christians murdering vast numbers of people TODAY in cold blood, citing their God as justification?

I know Christian haters are stuck in 5000BC, but it is time to get current. No?

Okay, let's look at history after the New Testament.

You had Crusades, wars that lasted for over 200 years and killed hundreds of thousands.

After the vaunted "Reformation", you had the Thirty Years War which is estimated to have had 8 million casualties using primitive weapons. Yes, it was a continent wide war over whether Jesus was made of wafers or not.

The period of colonization of the America in the name of Jesus led to the Genocide of Native American civilizations like the Aztec and Inca. But they were Genociding for Jesus.

But,whew, eventually, Christians learned that you need to fight genocidal wars over important things like land and resources, not silly Sky Fairies. Dumb Muslims fighting over sky fairies and not liking us taking their land!

]

No, Christians can just have murders forgiven.

Seriously.

Jeff Dahmner could be in Heaven. He took Jesus into his heart and was baptized before another prisoner bashed his skull in.

Meanwhile, Ann Frank is burning in Hell forever because she never took Jesus into her heart.

(Remember, HItler burns Ann Frank once, he's evil. God burns her for all eternity, he's good.)

A great day will be when we realize there are no Gods or Heavens or Hells and treat each other better in the here and now.

The only traits you have displayed on this message board are ignorance and arrogance. You are a typical liberal.

Hey, Deadfish, how about refuting what I said.

Frankly, what I just related is EXACTLY what I was taught in 12 years of Catholic School. As long as you confess and are baptized, you can have the most heinous crimes forgiven, but you are going to Hell if you don't believe in Jesus.

Were the Nuns lying to me? Well, yes, they were. And to themselves. They'd be much happier people if they had gotten some scented candles and Indigo Girl albums. Maybe drive around in a Subaru.

The stereotypical Western Liberal reaction to the dangers inherent in Islam...

head_in_sand.jpg

...and what that gets them...

head_in_the_sand.jpg

..."My own counsel will I keep, on who is to be" trusted...

yoda.jpg

=======================================

A little something from another thread, that seems appropriate here, as well.

Forum List

Back