The complete denial of Trump’s corruption by republicans is pretty incredible

If republicans made any attempt at being objective and nuanced, they could at least say something like “well I don’t think Trump did X but I am concerned about Y and Z. That’s something that should be explored.”

Instead we get the same garbage straight out of a cult:

“Nope! Fake news! No story here! No need to investigate anything!”

Where is this corruption? Does one of the President’s son sit on a board for a foreign company with no experience and collecting millions of dollars?

Asking a foreign country to investigate possible crimes isn’t a crime.
Uh yes it is dumbass. Regardless of whether or not you think Biden is guilty of a crime, what Trump did was completely illegal.
You assholes bellered for over two years about how Trump was guilty of conspiring with RUSSIA!, only for your lord and master Mueller to come up with bupkis.....Now you're squealing WE REALLY GOTEEM NOW! all over again.

Y'all really should STFU for awhile.

I think you read that on your DNC approved ticker tape machine

th

If republicans made any attempt at being objective and nuanced, they could at least say something like “well I don’t think Trump did X but I am concerned about Y and Z. That’s something that should be explored.”

I just read the phone call transcript today. What did Trump do that was wrong? He never once mentioned withholding federal defense funds if Ukraine didn't start an investigation. Biden made such a threat--not Trump.

Because of the suspicious ongoings at the time, Trump has every right to ask a friendly country to look into the matter.

They hired Hunter for some reason. It wasn't his experience in the energy field because he had none. It wasn't his familiarity with the country or culture. That only leaves one reason why a company would pay him 50K a month for doing nothing.
He has every right to ask a “friendly” country to look into the matter? Are you fucking kidding me? Lol you people are too much. Uh, no, that is illegal regardless of whether or not Biden is guilty of something. It’s ILLEGAL to ask a foreign government to investigate a political rival during a campaign or under any other circumstance. . Don’t you see how incredibly lame you sound just deflecting to Biden? It’s such a pathetic case of “whataboutism”.

If Biden is guilty of a crime, the FBI per usual should investigate him. If Trump had said this about the FBI, obviously no one would care. It would just be another one of his conspiracy theories.

Running for office does not make one immune from the law or investigations.
Lol no one is saying that. I think this crap about Biden is bullshit, but I don’t care if he gets investigated either way. That’s the difference between you and me.

YOU are saying that. You said it is illegal to ask a foreign power to investigate “a political rival”.

Where is this corruption? Does one of the President’s son sit on a board for a foreign company with no experience and collecting millions of dollars?

Uh yes it is dumbass. Regardless of whether or not you think Biden is guilty of a crime, what Trump did was completely illegal.

Cite the law?
What Is the Emoluments Clause?

Lol I love how you dumbasses expect sources but never even try to provide your own.

I just read the phone call transcript today. What did Trump do that was wrong? He never once mentioned withholding federal defense funds if Ukraine didn't start an investigation. Biden made such a threat--not Trump.

Because of the suspicious ongoings at the time, Trump has every right to ask a friendly country to look into the matter.

They hired Hunter for some reason. It wasn't his experience in the energy field because he had none. It wasn't his familiarity with the country or culture. That only leaves one reason why a company would pay him 50K a month for doing nothing.
He has every right to ask a “friendly” country to look into the matter? Are you fucking kidding me? Lol you people are too much. Uh, no, that is illegal regardless of whether or not Biden is guilty of something. It’s ILLEGAL to ask a foreign government to investigate a political rival during a campaign or under any other circumstance. . Don’t you see how incredibly lame you sound just deflecting to Biden? It’s such a pathetic case of “whataboutism”.

If Biden is guilty of a crime, the FBI per usual should investigate him. If Trump had said this about the FBI, obviously no one would care. It would just be another one of his conspiracy theories.

Lol no one is saying that. I think this crap about Biden is bullshit, but I don’t care if he gets investigated either way. That’s the difference between you and me.

YOU are saying that. You said it is illegal to ask a foreign power to investigate “a political rival”.
Um yeah it is.

Cite the law?

:auiqs.jpg:

Lol I love how you dumbasses expect sources but never even try to provide your own.

The Emoluments Clause? That's the law you're squealing like a teapot about?

The Emoluments Clause has absolutely no application here. You need to do some research into the definition of "thing of value" if you have access to a legal research database like Westlaw or Lexis (i.e., an actual legal database, not Google). Spoiler alert -- nothing here involves a "thing of value" as defined under Clause.

Cite the law?

The old “it’s a gift” argument? Laughable. Enforcing law and order isn’t receiving a gift.

Cite the law?

Oh fuck my life....

clickclick.jpg

Um yeah it is.

And yet you can’t cite any law that says that.

And yet you can’t cite any law that says that.
I believe abuse of power is a political offence rather than a criminal one. But I could be wrong about that. Do you think it is criminal?

If dimwits we're honest they would cease to exist. You idiots are the problem.

What Trump "requested" was that the Ukraine government look into illegalities IN THEIR COUNTRY of Joe Biden. If they discover there were illegalities, then yes, Trump can ask the DOJ to investigate their findings as well.

This is so funny. You just ran a candidate that paid for opposition research, which indirectly came from the Russian government, and got illegal surveillance warrants against a political opponent, and now you're crying about Trump possibly violating any laws????

If republicans made any attempt at being objective and nuanced, they could at least say something like “well I don’t think Trump did X but I am concerned about Y and Z. That’s something that should be explored.

Funny-it looks the other way around to Republicans-Biden is guilty and on tape saying it.

No it looks exactly the same to Republicans too. Biden wasn't speaking privately to the Ukrainian government for his own reasons when he made those threats. Biden was delivering a message from the Obama Administration, the International Monetary Fund, NATO, and the European Union to the Ukrainian government, all of whom wanted the corrupt prosecutor gone. Hunter Biden was never under investigation in the Ukraine. These are lies Trump is telling fools like YOU.

No it looks exactly the same to Republicans too. Biden wasn't speaking privately to the Ukrainian government for his own reasons when he made those threats.

Of course he wasn't. It was just coincidence that his son happened to be getting paid off by a company under investigation by a prosecutor that Joe had fired.

Nothing to see here folks.

The Emoluments Clause? That's the law you're squealing like a teapot about?

The Emoluments Clause has absolutely no application here. You need to do some research into the definition of "thing of value" if you have access to a legal research database like Westlaw or Lexis (i.e., an actual legal database, not Google). Spoiler alert -- nothing here involves a "thing of value" as defined under Clause.
Lol you didn’t even know what this was before I cited it. Don’t deny it.

The foreign emoluments clause also broadly encompasses any kind of profit, benefit, advantage, or service, not merely gifts of money or valuable objects. Thus, it would prohibit a federal officeholder from receiving special consideration in business transactions with a foreign state (or with a corporation owned or managed by a foreign state) that gave the officeholder a competitive advantage over other businesses. Arguably, as the legal scholar Laurence Tribe and others have suggested, the clause would forbid even competitively fair transactions with foreign states, because the profit accruing to the officeholder would fall within the ordinary meaning of “emolument,” and because such arrangements would threaten exactly the kind of improper influence that the clause was intended to prevent.

What Trump "requested" was that the Ukraine government look into illegalities IN THEIR COUNTRY of Joe Biden. If they discover there were illegalities, then yes, Trump can ask the DOJ to investigate their findings as well.

This is so funny. You just ran a candidate that paid for opposition research, which indirectly came from the Russian government, and got illegal surveillance warrants against a political opponent, and now you're crying about Trump possibly violating any laws????
Lol you are so fucking petty. Trump asking the DOJ instead is completely irrelevant to this conversation and you know it. I wouldn’t give two shits if Trump asked the DOJ to do this lol. Of course how you or I feel about Biden is way beyond the point.

Forum List

Back