Zone1 The Dark Secret of Jew Hatred: Pleasure.

What happens if the 8th day falls on Yom Kippur? Does the bris take precedence?

(My guess is that it does - just no big group with a reception after.)

commissioned officer----two and one half stripes----AS YOU WERE!!!!, uhm.....matey

Um, no, I was actually in the army... and frankly, my job required basic literacy.

You claimed that the Captain of the USS Liberty should have been demoted, based on your experience. Not only was he PROMOTED, but he was awarded the Medal of Honor.

Um, no, I was actually in the army... and frankly, my job required basic literacy.

You claimed that the Captain of the USS Liberty should have been demoted, based on your experience. Not only was he PROMOTED, but he was awarded the Medal of Honor.
very unusual In fact what I said was ---I doubt his position as captain
survived----no one asked me what SHOULD have happened. What did he
do that you think merited the Medal of Honor?

very unusual In fact what I said was ---I doubt his position as captain
survived----no one asked me what SHOULD have happened. What did he
do that you think merited the Medal of Honor?

Except it did survive. He was promoted from Commander to Captain, (O-5 to O-6), and given command of another ship.

He kept the ship afloat after a devasting attack by the Zionists.

McGonagle was severely wounded during the first air attack and although the bridge had sustained heavy damage he stayed and directed the defense of the ship, refusing to leave his post for medical attention. As the Israeli fighters continued their attack he maneuvered his ship, directed its defense, supervised the control of flooding and fire, and saw to the care of the casualties. Captain McGonagle remained at his battle station and continued to command his ship for more than 17 hours. It was only after rendezvous with a United States destroyer that he relinquished personal control of the Liberty and permitted himself to be removed from the bridge.[2] The combined air and sea attack killed 34 crew members including naval officers, seamen, two Marines, and a civilian, wounded 171, and severely damaged the ship. Although the ship had a 39 ft (12 m) wide by 24 ft (7.3 m) high hole and a twisted keel from a torpedo impact, the crew kept the ship afloat, and were able to leave the area under their own power. When the damage to the ship was assessed 821 rocket, shell, and machine-gun holes were found in the ship's hull.[3]

it is a much cheaper kiddush.
So you’re saying that the Bris takes precedence over Yom Kippur?

That’s not to say you can’t do both…..Kol Nidre thr night before, Bris on Yom Kippur morning, and time for afternoon services and Neilah.

(Of course, someone will have to stay home with the little boychik.)

Except it did survive. He was promoted from Commander to Captain, (O-5 to O-6), and given command of another ship.

He kept the ship afloat after a devasting attack by the Zionists.

McGonagle was severely wounded during the first air attack and although the bridge had sustained heavy damage he stayed and directed the defense of the ship, refusing to leave his post for medical attention. As the Israeli fighters continued their attack he maneuvered his ship, directed its defense, supervised the control of flooding and fire, and saw to the care of the casualties. Captain McGonagle remained at his battle station and continued to command his ship for more than 17 hours. It was only after rendezvous with a United States destroyer that he relinquished personal control of the Liberty and permitted himself to be removed from the bridge.[2] The combined air and sea attack killed 34 crew members including naval officers, seamen, two Marines, and a civilian, wounded 171, and severely damaged the ship. Although the ship had a 39 ft (12 m) wide by 24 ft (7.3 m) high hole and a twisted keel from a torpedo impact, the crew kept the ship afloat, and were able to leave the area under their own power. When the damage to the ship was assessed 821 rocket, shell, and machine-gun holes were found in the ship's hull.[3]

That’s not to say you can’t do both…..Kol Nidre thr night before, Bris on Yom Kippur morning, and time for afternoon services and Neilah.

for an 8 day old infant---HOME is in the arms of mommy

it isn't exactly a matter of precedence -- if the natural 8th day is Shabbat, a holiday or Yom Kippur, the bris still takes place. If the child is ill and the date is a chosen date after the child is healed, one cannot schedule a bris on one of those days.

the response was utterly lawful just as the US response to the bombing of
Pearl Harbor was lawful. People die whenever guns and bombs are deployed. The current "famine" in Gaza was created by Hamas. Gaza has farmland AND
the MILES AND MILES of tunnels which constitute virtually the entire GNP of
Gaza over the past 30 years was yanked out of the mouths of Gazan children
by HAMAS and the more than 70% of the Gazan population that support Hamas. -----btw---there is no bar to humanitarian aid to Gaza that is not
created by Hamas and Egypt
I disagree.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
The Israeli response is far worse than anything that happened on Oct 7th.
Return fire is not only LEGAL ----militarily it is required. In actual
military law----failure to return fire renders military leaders liable for
court-martial

Israelis need to stop supporting the Likud Party. It's worse than Hamas ever was.
That's the truth. Netanyahu is just as bad as anyone in Hamas. He has done his dirt knowing that he can get the US to back him regardless. It's like the little brother who has a big brother who is 6'9, 350 pounds who will beat up anyone who bothers his lirttle brother no matter what. So it's time big brother stopped defending Israel until Netanyahu and Likud are gone.

Forum List

Back