The "death" of the Republican Party will "save" America.

Somehow, I doubt that guy was like that the first day he worked there. or that would have been his last day...

Work habit evolved and are guided by leaders.

Some day, Dave, when you move past that McDonald's job you've worked for the last ten years, you'll get that.

Joe when this guy was fairly new and we did not know yet how he is.....he kinda gave us a hint of things to come.....he was telling us about growing up in the Bronx and how kids would yell Jewish insults at him while throwing rocks at him all the way home from school....probably because he was an Asshole then too....

Sounds like a damaged person. How old is this guy?

Your other statement is that he could be a great letter carrier, but still an asshole.

Is your problem with him he's an asshole or that he doesn't do his job.

I would see both being a problem. I've seen guys who were the opposite. Personally very nice but sort of useless.

Can there be a happy medium, a way to protect employees from bad bosses but still be able to correct the bad apples? I ask that rhetorically, because I don't know.

I've seen the worst of non-union shops.

What has changed me politically was that my last boss essentially (and illegally) fired me because I ran up too many medical bills despite six years of glowing reviews, because he had to create a position for a friend of a manager's daughter. So what if Joe has 20 years of experience in logistics management as was a veteran!

the guy is i believe 57.....my problem is he is an Asshole and he is not a very well liked person....like i said....people on his route have complained that he is not very friendly and he complains to them about their Mail Boxes and he doesn't "complain" in a nice way,which puts them on the offensive....for instance....he withheld a guys Mail UNTIL he cuts the branch of a bush that had begun to hang over it.....this kinda shit is something 99% of us Carriers don't even sweat....but to this guy its a major problem...... you would have to be here to see the shit this guy bitches about to fully understand what i am saying....

The Republican Party is 90% white. They are not even trying to get any minority vote.
Blacks
Gays
Hispanics
Muslims
Atheists

They know this is the last presidential election where they could actually win on their policies of division, voter suppression and dishonesty. With changing demographics, there simply aren't enough of them to win future elections without enormous change.

And that is such a good thing.

Minorities aren't kow-towing to the super wealthy.

Minorities aren't against education.

Minorities love children and babies.

Minorities have already learned how to work together. Some blacks may not like the gays. Muslims may not like the atheists. And so on.

Yet, these groups have been working together to create a better country for everyone. The only group blocking progress are Republicans.

And look at Republicans policies:

Anti education
no money to modernize America's infrastructure
tax cuts and subsidies to billionaires and monster corporations
removing important regulations for business and the environment
taking the rest of the country's wealth and throwing it at the military
war
threatening other countries

The worst Republican policy being their anti education policy. Every country on earth is making it easier for it's population to get an education except white Republicans.

What Republicans are doing this time may not be enough. There are two months to the election. What if the Republican base finds out Romney has been lying about Obama's policies on Medicare and Welfare? Two months is a long time to keep a lie going. Worse, many whites don't like racism and will recoil when it becomes obvious to them what Romney is doing.

After this election, the Republican Party can only continue if they welcome minorities. That means their terrible and destructive policies will have to end.

You are such a retarded fucking weirdo. Seriously, you creep me out.

And I'm not trying to say that there aren't some awful guys out there...
That's exactly what you've been saying. "There are no bad workers."

Why do you keep lying? Or do you actually believe your own bullshit?

But they weren't awful guys the day they started.

They became awful guys because they saw what they could get away with or they got screwed over and stopped caring.

Sorry, man, that's human nature.

First job out of the Army, worked at a company where the management simply was awful. inadequate equipment, inadequate pay, etc. And we had guys who would start out and if they lasted six months, they were usually useless.

Bad management has a corrosive effect on even good workers.

You are a communist tool.

Again, I guess the qeustion is, why aren't the other workers putting this guy in line, which is how most places, union and non-union usually work.

If someone is a disruptive influence, they usually don't last, union or not.

you cant.....we are not allowed to....and that is Govt Rules not Union....if you start something with the guy you get written up....if you come to blows and its your fault it happened....Zero Tolerance for Violence on the workroom floor.....your gone ...he stays.....this guy is an asshole,but know one figures he is worth losing a job over...he is the PO's problem not mine....i do my route and go home....

I guess that's all you can do.

And I'm not trying to say that there aren't some awful guys out there, because there are. This really does sound like a systemic failure. It sounds like no one wants this guy, but everyone has concluded he's too much trouble to fix.

well so far he hasn't done anything that they can outright fire him for.....he basically is a complaining, aggravating nuisance of a person...a Jerk.....i personally would like to see them be much tougher with the guy.....i think he would break and smack someone then they could fire him.....but Management and the Union feel he may "Crack" and come back and shoot the place up.....so they just deal with him like they have been all these years....like i said ....he is their problem not mine.....i dont have to talk to the fucker.....but i do keep an eye on him....

you cant.....we are not allowed to....and that is Govt Rules not Union....if you start something with the guy you get written up....if you come to blows and its your fault it happened....Zero Tolerance for Violence on the workroom floor.....your gone ...he stays.....this guy is an asshole,but know one figures he is worth losing a job over...he is the PO's problem not mine....i do my route and go home....

And I'm not trying to say that there aren't some awful guys out there, because there are. This really does sound like a systemic failure. It sounds like no one wants this guy, but everyone has concluded he's too much trouble to fix.

well so far he hasn't done anything that they can outright fire him for.....he basically is a complaining, aggravating nuisance of a person...a Jerk.....i personally would like to see them be much tougher with the guy.....i think he would break and smack someone then they could fire him.....but Management and the Union feel he may "Crack" and come back and shoot the place up.....so they just deal with him like they have been all these years....like i said ....he is their problem not mine.....i dont have to talk to the fucker.....but i do keep an eye on him....

I was really trying to avoid "Going Postal" jokes, but the horror stories my sister in law told me about working there seems to indicate that this seems to be a pattern.

I was really trying to avoid "Going Postal" jokes, but the horror stories my sister in law told me about working there seems to indicate that this seems to be a pattern.

with some of the Managers that come into a new Station with this im the New Sheriff in town and im going to break you attitude ......i can see how it has happened.....their attitude is....if i piss you off..OR if i can intimidate you.....you will work harder and faster...with the newer guys it may work.....with the older carriers that shit don't fly.....treat us with respect and in turn we will make you look good....otherwise eat shit....

All the democrats need is for a majority of people to be subsidized on public benefits and they have permanent victory.

The Republican Party is 90% white. They are not even trying to get any minority vote.
Blacks
Gays
Hispanics
Muslims
Atheists

The Republican party will gladly welcome any member of those groups who wants smaller government, lower taxes and less government intrusion into their lives.

The Republican Party is the party that has traditionally supported the rights of all, opposed to the rights of just a few favored, souls.

I'm not going to wade through all your verbal diarhea... but this is just a silly statement..

Of course not, because leftists don't read conservatives. Their minds are closed traps. They don't know what conservatives actually think. Conservatives are evil, they're racists. Lefty never gets past his delusions, let alone tackle the actual essence of conservatism. Lefty expects conservatives to read him, and conservatives do in order to accurately engage him.

Ever notice how often it is lefty prattling about how he's not going to read this or that written by a conservative? Conservatives know what lefty thinks and why because conservatives read and evaluate the opinions of others thoroughly. Lefty just spouts the slogans and epithets feed to him by others.

By the way, that post was written to Dave, not you. I didn't address it to any of you leftist lunatics because I know that your minds are closed traps. Never mind that it discusses the principle reason for the trend away from the two major parties and the real-world result thereof. A pertinent counterview about the state of the nation.

Lefty doesn't want to think, doesn't feel that he needs to think. It's easier to go along with what he's been told to think by the mainstream media and the public education system that shaped his mentality, hammered it into him.

The Democratic Party has conservatives. Some call them "Blue Dogs". There are no liberals in the Republican Party.

True enough. But they are mostly moderates or slightly right of center as compared to solid conservatives. In short, they are merely conservative relative to the base of the Democratic Party. Others are solid conservatives and should just stop wasting their time in the Democratic Party and simply come on over to us. But this has nothing to do with the fact that your typical leftist characterizes the Lockean socio-political philosophy of free markets and individual liberty, the ideology of this nation's founding, as racist, which, of course, is hysterical baby talk. Silly. Lefty hates what he doesn't know, doesn't understand beyond slogan-speak. In any event, lefty hates America, for America is an idea first and foremostly, and lefty is a statist bootlick. His numbers comprise the very same mindless wave of hysteria that went for Hitler in Germany. His characterization of classical liberals, making them out to be fascists, would be hilarious if it weren't so tragic and frightening for us all.

Last edited:
Blacks
Gays
Hispanics
Muslims
Atheists

The Republican party will gladly welcome any member of those groups who wants smaller government, lower taxes and less government intrusion into their lives.

Right... then how come the size of government GROWS when the Republicans are in charge.

Last four cabinet level agencies created-

Intelligence
Homeland Security
Environment
Veteran's Affairs

All under Republicans.

Blacks
Gays
Hispanics
Muslims
Atheists

Precisely! And this is especially true since the Goldwater-Reagan revolution whereby the classical liberals characterized by leftist loons as racists, fascists or right-wing extremists came to control the party, wresting it away from the old northwestern liberal establishment, transforming it. Before that, for decades, there really hadn't been any significant difference between the two parties. Some of our friends, i.e., Ron Paul libertarians, don't fully appreciate that fact.

The Republican Party is the party that has traditionally supported the rights of all, opposed to the rights of just a few favored, souls.

Except for blacks, women, hispanics, gays, working people, the disabled....

But, yeah, if you are talking about looking out for rich white guys, the GOP Is all over that. :D

so then the GOP is the "too many white guys"party.

Gotcha ;)

Blacks
Gays
Hispanics
Muslims
Atheists

Precisely! And this is especially true since the Goldwater-Reagan revolution whereby the classical liberals characterized by leftist loons as racists, fascists or right-wing extremists came to control the party, wresting it away from the old northwestern liberal establishment, transforming it. Before that, for decades, there really hadn't been any significant difference between the two parties. Some of our friends, i.e., Ron Paul libertarians, don't fully appreciate that fact.

I keep wondering about this MYTHICAL Ronald Reagan you guys keep talking about.

The one who was President from 1981 to 1989 found a federal government that spend 678 Billion a year and when he left, it spent 1,143 Billion (or 1.143 Trillion) a year. Does this sound like a a guy who is making government smaller.

By the time his hand-picked successor left, the governmetn was spending 1.409 Trillion a year. And by the time that guy's son left the office, the Federal government was spending 3.5 Trillion a year.

Meanwhile, Obama's plan only has us spending 3.8 Trillion a year. The reason we have such debts is because revenues vanished after the value of everything else did.

Federal Budget Receipts and Outlays

So I will take your protests as warriors for smaller government with a grain of salt.

Except for blacks, women, hispanics, gays, working people, the disabled....

But, yeah, if you are talking about looking out for rich white guys, the GOP Is all over that. :D

so then the GOP is the "too many white guys"party.

Gotcha ;)

"Hiram Rhodes Revels was the first African American to serve in the U.S. Congress."

Republican.

revels-hiram.jpg

Black Americans in Congress - Hiram Rhodes Revels, Senator from Mississippi

*blink*blink*

Obviously that isn't the case anymore.

Sure it is. It has been that way historically. The reason the Dems claim otherwise is to divert from the fact that they are truly the party of racism and bigotry.

Forum List

Back