The debt limit!

Nothing to debate. He confirmed my post.
We all confirmed your post. Your entirety on this thread has simply been, Polly want a cracker. When everyone destroyed the argument that Polly was not going to eat a cracker, you kept on with your usual retarded rhetoric, asking if Polly want a cracker.

Good, now let’s hope Congress and Biden can shrink the debt for the first time since Coolidge.

Truman, Eisenhower, and Kennedy all had national debt increases that were lower than inflation, so essentially shrank the debt.

The worst was Reagan, who almost tripled the national debt.

Paying down our debt is an entirely different argument from paying FOR our debt.

How do you keep missing that?

And save your bullshit “I’m not a Republican “ garbage

Not sure what you mean, because just paying off the debt minimum makes it continue forever.
All administrations should be required to reduce the national debt except in temporary emergency situations.

I disagree.
We SHOULD do government shutdowns more often.
First of all, there should likely be no more foreign aid, we should permanently disband Homeland Security, the TSA, the DEA, the BATF, etc.

There has always been more than enough funds to keep essential services running, and the rest should have never existed at all anyway.

There can not be any "penalty interest payments" because debts are NOT discretionary spending, do not come out of the federal budget, and will get paid regardless of a shutdown or not.

There can not be any "lost fee collection" because you owe and pay the same regardless of how many IRS agents there are and how long it takes for them to conduct checks.
That's not how it works chief. If I put x number of dollars on my credit card for purchases spent, no bank is going to let me pay it when i get ready without penalty.

I showed you some of the penalties. Disagree all you want, but penalties will happen.

By the way, when, and why are folks all of a sudden crying about the military budget? LOL! That's hilarious. Foreign aid my ass. Do you know who and what Putin is? Are we all of a sudden wearing blinders? WTF? Dude, get with it.

Not sure what you mean, because just paying off the debt minimum makes it continue forever.
All administrations should be required to reduce the national debt except in temporary emergency situations.
He is talking about the debt limit versus the debt. This shit is almost middle school grade knowledge; The debt limit does not authorize new spending commitments. It simply allows the government to finance existing legal obligations that Congresses and presidents of both parties have made in the past.

I don’t give a damn about Republicans or Democrats and their stupid moronic games, we need to pay down our debt. Budget cuts on all programs, cutting out corporate welfare, shrinking the budget and raising taxes on all is the way out. You partisans are all caught in the childish “he did it first” BS. We need to group and become responsible.
Where were you when Trump blew up the debt and gave $2 trillion dollars to folks who didn't need it?

You are a dumbass.

Bush signed the agreement to get us out. The only thing Barry did was not negotiate a small force to stay in Iraq. That led to ISIS overrunning the country and region, and why Barry had to send forces back in.

ISIS was never any threat to Iraq.
There was a time period when they had a small foothold in Iraq, but we should never have sent US troops there and instead should have forced the Shiites to negotiate with the Sunni, to end the conflict.

{... In 2014, ISIS took control of Falluja, Mosul and Tikrit in Iraq, and declared itself a caliphate, which is a political and religious territory ruled by a leader known as a caliph. ...}

The Sunni actually are the good guys, and we created ISIS by abusing them so badly.

But Bush was worst of all, and caused the whole mess by betraying Saddam, the best ally we had in the region.

He is talking about the debt limit versus the debt. This shit is almost middle school grade knowledge; The debt limit does not authorize new spending commitments. It simply allows the government to finance existing legal obligations that Congresses and presidents of both parties have made in the past.

Right, that is the point.
When there is a national debt, then we should be not be authorizing new spending commitments.
And we should be cutting back unessential ones, like the military, foreign deployments, etc.
Since the debt ceiling is irrelevant to nondiscretionary debt, it should never have been raised at all.

Where were you when Trump blew up the debt and gave $2 trillion dollars to folks who didn't need it?

He didn't give anybody anything.

Let's say you and I were neighbors, and once a month when you took your dog for a walk, I sneaked into your house and took $100.00 from your money drawer. After a while I felt guilty and started only taking $50.00 a month instead. Did I just give you $50.00 a month?

He didn't give anybody anything.

Let's say you and I were neighbors, and once a month when you took your dog for a walk, I sneaked into your house and took $100.00 from your money drawer. After a while I felt guilty and started only taking $50.00 a month instead. Did I just give you $50.00 a month?
Wtf are you talking about?

We have enough ongoing revenue intake to cover 80% of our obligations. How we pay for the remaining 20% is the issue...and that 20% is EXISTING obligations that have to be paid for.

The point is that right wing retards didn't care about the debt as long as it was Republicans incurring it. We've seen that nonsense for three decades now

While I agree the worst who caused it all was Bush and he was republican, the reality is everyone knew we were outspending our revenue and it was criminal.
That especially includes the money and weapons we gave the Ukraine.
So Biden is guilty of what is essentially a criminal act, deliberately spending more money than you have.
It is not like the balance of payments was not obvious and that we should not have spent so much money earlier.

Paying down our debt is an entirely different argument from paying FOR our debt.

How do you keep missing that?

And save your bullshit “I’m not a Republican “ garbage
Because we need to cut not raise, dumb ass. I am and have been against the reckless spending we have had for the last 35 years and that is why you dipshits on both sides are hypocritical assholes.

We all confirmed your post. Your entirety on this thread has simply been, Polly want a cracker. When everyone destroyed the argument that Polly was not going to eat a cracker, you kept on with your usual retarded rhetoric, asking if Polly want a cracker.
I accept your concession.:itsok:

Because we need to cut not raise, dumb ass. I am and have been against the reckless spending we have had for the last 35 years and that is why you dipshits on both sides are hypocritical assholes.
All well and good but this is not about stopping new spending dumbass. It’s about paying existing debt.

You want to lower spending? Have that discussion when the budgets are introduced

ISIS was never any threat to Iraq.
There was a time period when they had a small foothold in Iraq, but we should never have sent US troops there and instead should have forced the Shiites to negotiate with the Sunni, to end the conflict.

{... In 2014, ISIS took control of Falluja, Mosul and Tikrit in Iraq, and declared itself a caliphate, which is a political and religious territory ruled by a leader known as a caliph. ...}

The Sunni actually are the good guys, and we created ISIS by abusing them so badly.

But Bush was worst of all, and caused the whole mess by betraying Saddam, the best ally we had in the region.
Iraqis would disagree.

That's not how it works chief. If I put x number of dollars on my credit card for purchases spent, no bank is going to let me pay it when i get ready without penalty.

I showed you some of the penalties. Disagree all you want, but penalties will happen.

By the way, when, and why are folks all of a sudden crying about the military budget? LOL! That's hilarious. Foreign aid my ass. Do you know who and what Putin is? Are we all of a sudden wearing blinders? WTF? Dude, get with it.

Spending more than you can afford is essentially criminal.
There should only be any increase in national debt in emergencies.
There have not been any real emergencies since the war of 1812.
All the rest are deliberate fraud.

I know who Putin is, but do YOU?
The reality is Putin is one of our best allies, and has never been at all harmful to the world, as Russia is very isolationist.
We only run into problems with Russia when we commit blatant crimes, like China, Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Syria, the Ukraine, etc.

Spending more than you can afford is essentially criminal.
There should only be any increase in national debt in emergencies.
There have not been any real emergencies since the war of 1812.
All the rest are deliberate fraud.

I know who Putin is, but do YOU?
The reality is Putin is one of our best allies, and has never been at all harmful to the world, as Russia is very isolationist.
We only run into problems with Russia when we commit blatant crimes, like China, Korea, Vietnam, Cuba, Syria, the Ukraine, etc.
I wouldn’t doubt you know Putin personally

Iraqis would disagree.

Wrong.
ISIS is mostly Sunni Iraqis whom the illegal Shiite government we installed in Iraq, trying to murder, enslave, and impoverish.
ISIS is essentially the old government of Iraq, who were our faithful allies until we betrayed them.

Forum List

Back