The debt limit!

Hey dick face, I never said anything of the kind so don’t be calling me a liar

Correct, I got that wrong. It was BWK I was responding to. But you decided to stick your two cents in after he said this:

Where were you when Trump blew up the debt and gave $2 trillion dollars to folks who didn't need it?

My mistake, all you liberals are starting to look alike to me. :badgrin:

Our credit rating has only been lowered once, on Barry Hussein’s watch and not due to any shutdown, or threat of a shutdown.

It was due to his profligate spending.
That's a lie

• Thanks
Reactions: BWK
Right, that is the point.
When there is a national debt, then we should be not be authorizing new spending commitments.
And we should be cutting back unessential ones, like the military, foreign deployments, etc.
Since the debt ceiling is irrelevant to nondiscretionary debt, it should never have been raised at all.
But that's future commitments. The debt limit are commitments made from the past, not spending for the future.

All well and good but this is not about stopping new spending dumbass. It’s about paying existing debt.

You want to lower spending? Have that discussion when the budgets are introduced
Why is this so complicated for them?

If the US defaulted, financial markets would lose faith in the United States, the dollar would weaken, and stocks would fall. The U.S. credit rating would almost certainly be downgraded, and interest rates would rise broadly on US debt offerings, every holder of the trillions of dollars in US debt would see there investment go down in value. This would result in interest increases on consumer loans, making products like auto loans and mortgages more expensive for families who are subject to interest rate changes or taking out new loans. These and other consequences could trigger a recession and a credit market freeze that could hurt the ability of American companies to operate. The ramification would effect businesses and governments around the world.

Everyone seems to assume this can not happen but in fact, it certain can happen as politicians play a deadly game of chicken betting that the treasury has more funds than they claim or democrats will give in. And more far right republican who are willing to blowup the economy rather than back down makes it more likely. It probably won't happen this time but I think it will eventually as the right and left move further and further apart.
Marjorie Taylor Greene, Boebert, and Gaetz can't wait for it to happen.

But that's future commitments. The debt limit are commitments made from the past, not spending for the future.

Which is what this compromise is all about. We'll pay your irresponsible debts if you stop creating them so we don't have to do this in the future again.

Not always possible if the Communists stick together and us with such a slim majority. We have our RINO's to worry about as well.

So what they are asking for is to stop the pork in exchange for the ceiling increase so we don't have to keep doing this putting us further and further in debt. Why is that such a problem with the left?
It's abundantly clear that folks on the Right are mentally sick with the communist argument, while never actually explaining what a communist is.

Which is what this compromise is all about. We'll pay your irresponsible debts if you stop creating them so we don't have to do this in the future again.
Fuck your bullshit "compromise".

Pay existing debt and argue about future spending...

Act like adults

• Thanks
It's abundantly clear that folks on the Right are mentally sick with the communist argument, while never actually explaining what a communist is.
They might as well be saying "doody head" for all the meaning it has

• Thanks
Dude, wake the fuck up. Biden has invited McCarthy to the WH to do just that.

And my irresponsible debts? 🤪:laughing0301::auiqs.jpg:That's a good one. Trump and his $8trillion dollar credit card bill he amassed, and you want to talk irresponsible? When did Biden call for an irresponsible $2 trillion dollar tax welfare giveaway to the rich?

Correct, I got that wrong. It was BWK I was responding to. But you decided to stick your two cents in after he said this:

My mistake, all you liberals are starting to look alike to me. :badgrin:
Can't argue that one with any guts can you? We know.

I am far left, but have to disagree about Covid.
Trump was totally right.
The BEST covid strategy would not only have been to completely ignore it, but to encourage those under 40 to deliberately get infected right at the beginning.
The stupid, expensive, and deadly part was from Fauci preventing it from ending, by "flattening the curve", something that should NEVER be done, and all medical professionals know.
Waiting for a rushed and ineffective vaccine was horrendously foolish it turns out.
How do you reconcile this with Trump's claims that he was the one who "saved" us all by being solely responsible for fast-tracking vaccine development?

And my irresponsible debts? 🤪:laughing0301::auiqs.jpg:That's a good one. Trump and his $8trillion dollar credit card bill he amassed, and you want to talk irresponsible? When did Biden call for an irresponsible $2 trillion dollar tax welfare giveaway to the rich?

Letting people who created money they made is not giving them anything. I already explained this to you. But like most Communists, you believe that all money belongs to government, and whatever of our money they allow us to keep is a gift from them to us.

Welfare is giving people something they never had before. Welfare is not taking less of something they made.

I see you're so psychotic you keep forgetting that COVID came from China and the whole planet is on debt.

Forum List

Back