The debt limit!

Do you have to lie in every post, Troll?

2017$665$6713.4%
2018$779$1,2713.8%
2019$984$1,2034.6%
2020$3,132$4,22615.0%
2021$2,772$1,48412.1%

You bragging about THAT?

:auiqs.jpg:

Damn you are an obvious loser. Let's see you take a stab at rebuttal? :laughing0301:

WHOOOOSSSSSSSHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!

Too late.

You ducked and missed it.

Better luck next time.

Oh, and here's a friendly reminder to get your boosters.

No stupid, we have more than enough revenue coming in to service our debt
We have enough ongoing revenue intake to cover 80% of our obligations. How we pay for the remaining 20% is the issue...and that 20% is EXISTING obligations that have to be paid for.
Can’t worry about debt because Trump didn’t? That is some of the dumbest logic yet.
The point is that right wing retards didn't care about the debt as long as it was Republicans incurring it. We've seen that nonsense for three decades now

I'm not talking about landlords.
I'm discussing the fatal flaw in capitalism.

You say you've seen it from both sides but seem unable to look beyond your petty near term interests to understand what you've been shown.

When the rental market was down many oof those properties ended up in the hands of wealthier owners
and now with the market up those people are gaining even more wealth
but these things are cyclical and with every cycle the number of "owners" decreases until...
Europe in the "dark ages"

What started this exchange is when you commented on the rental prices in Florida and called it greed. I responded by simply pointing out it was supply and demand that caused the price increases. Then I asked you what was wrong with asking the going price for something one had? You responded by asking if people should die. So yes, I assumed that's what we were talking about, rental prices.

In any case the housing bubble (when the market was way high) had houses selling for well above value. At the collapse a lot of people lost a lot of money, and yes, wealthy people. That's part of the game.

In desperation instead of losing their house, some decided to rent it out instead to other people that did lose their home. When the market recovered, these people sold their rental houses because they didn't want the headache of being a landlord. It's not for most people.

The credit damage of foreclosure forced a lot of people back on rent. Another group of people that didn't undergo foreclosure were first time home owners and didn't realize the responsibilities and costs associated with home ownership, so they to got rid of their houses and went on rent as well.

I've been a landlord for 30 years now and come from a family of landlords. None of us have ever seen anything like what's going on today with such a shortage of rental units. The last time I advertised an apartment (7 years ago) it was around this time of year when nobody is moving due to the cold weather and snow. The next morning after placing the ad, I had 15 replies. People begging me to rent to them. Some offering me a higher price than I was asking, others saying they'll take the rental site unseen, and a few offering me double security deposit if I would only consider them. Supply and demand.

If you care to do any research you'll find big government spending is not just democrats. The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C. disclosed that it has received $269.4 million in federal funding since 2016 during both the Trump and Biden administration. The Kennedy Center is funded by the Smithsonian Trust which funds the National Gallery of Art, the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; as well as all the Smithsonian museums and other federal museums across the country.

The college debt relief plan is expiring this year and is currently on hold. It is only available to middle and low income families and it is limited to a maximum of $20,000. The purpose of the legislation is to transition from the Covid college debt relief program which was first implemented under the Trump Admistraion to the student loan program prior to covid.

Yes but it was written by a Democrat led House. They are the people that make out policy, taxes and spending. Can you explain the necessity of the Kennedy center or the arts for that matter? Who would die if we didn't have those things?

The Communists bury these pork and vote buying items into other bills so they are overlooked by people who just read the headlines. But that doesn't discount the unnecessary spending by the Democrats that keep putting us further and further into debt, and then cry when we don't lift the ceiling to pay for their pork spending.

We have enough ongoing revenue intake to cover 80% of our obligations. How we pay for the remaining 20% is the issue...and that 20% is EXISTING obligations that have to be paid for.

The point is that right wing retards didn't care about the debt as long as it was Republicans incurring it. We've seen that nonsense for three decades now
I don’t give a damn about Republicans or Democrats and their stupid moronic games, we need to pay down our debt. Budget cuts on all programs, cutting out corporate welfare, shrinking the budget and raising taxes on all is the way out. You partisans are all caught in the childish “he did it first” BS. We need to group and become responsible.

Depending on the method you use, Obama's
contribution to the debt was between $2.8 trillion and $9 trillion during 8 years in office. If you look at the debt from the day he took office to the day he left office it's 9 trillion. I you exclude the debt added by the Bush administration in the month prior to him taking office, it's 6.8 trillion. If you only include debt due to Obama policies he implemented during his administration the increase would be 2.8 trillion. 6.8 trillion is the most logical figure to use as it excludes only the debt obligation created by the Bush administration in the month before Obama took office but recorded after he took office.

By comparison, Trump increased the debt by 6.7 to 7.8 trillion in 4 years.
Good, now let’s hope Congress and Biden can shrink the debt for the first time since Coolidge.

I don’t give a damn about Republicans or Democrats and their stupid moronic games, we need to pay down our debt. Budget cuts on all programs, cutting out corporate welfare, shrinking the budget and raising taxes on all is the way out. You partisans are all caught in the childish “he did it first” BS. We need to group and become responsible.
Paying down our debt is an entirely different argument from paying FOR our debt.

How do you keep missing that?

And save your bullshit “I’m not a Republican “ garbage

If you care to do any research you'll find big government spending is not just democrats. The John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts in Washington, D.C. disclosed that it has received $269.4 million in federal funding since 2016 during both the Trump and Biden administration. The Kennedy Center is funded by the Smithsonian Trust which funds the National Gallery of Art, the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, the Woodrow Wilson International Center for Scholars; as well as all the Smithsonian museums and other federal museums across the country.

The college debt relief plan is expiring this year and is currently on hold. It is only available to middle and low income families and it is limited to a maximum of $20,000. The purpose of the legislation is to transition from the Covid college debt relief program which was first implemented under the Trump Admistraion to the student loan program prior to covid.

Those are not really example of "spending" in the usual sense, because they are more like investments with payoffs greater than what is put in.
They improve quality of life.

Depending on the method you use, Obama's
contribution to the debt was between $2.8 trillion and $9 trillion during 8 years in office. If you look at the debt from the day he took office to the day he left office it's 9 trillion. I you exclude the debt added by the Bush administration in the month prior to him taking office, it's 6.8 trillion. If you only include debt due to Obama policies he implemented during his administration the increase would be 2.8 trillion. 6.8 trillion is the most logical figure to use as it excludes only the debt obligation created by the Bush administration in the month before Obama took office but recorded after he took office.

By comparison, Trump increased the debt by 6.7 to 7.8 trillion in 4 years.

True that both Obama and Trump caused similar increases in debt.
But they had no real choice, since the alternatives would have been worse.
It is then Bush who should get most of the blame, because he is the one who did have lots of choices and still deliberately caused this disaster.

This could end up being a total catastrophe eventually, because our debt is risking the role of the US dollar as the world's reserve currency.

Yep.
So "great" that within two months of the economy disrupted by a pandemic (that Trump tried to ignore, then LIED about, then bungled the national response to) American citizens (all except for Trump's wealrhy friends and donors) needed government handouts just to meet their basic needs.

And we're still recovering from Trump's "great" economy.

I am far left, but have to disagree about Covid.
Trump was totally right.
The BEST covid strategy would not only have been to completely ignore it, but to encourage those under 40 to deliberately get infected right at the beginning.
The stupid, expensive, and deadly part was from Fauci preventing it from ending, by "flattening the curve", something that should NEVER be done, and all medical professionals know.
Waiting for a rushed and ineffective vaccine was horrendously foolish it turns out.

Does a government shutdown save money?

While estimates vary widely, evidence suggests that shutdowns tend to cost, not save, money for several reasons. For one, putting contingency plans in place has a real cost. In addition, many user fees and other charges are not collected during a shutdown, and federal contractors sometimes include premiums in their bids to account for uncertainty in being paid. While many federal employees are forced to be idle during a shutdown, they have historically received and are now guaranteed back pay, negating much of those potential savings. OMB official estimates of the 2013 government shutdown found that $2.5 billion of pay and benefits were paid to furloughed employees for hours not worked during the shutdown, as well as roughly $10 million of penalty interest payments and lost fee collections. Shutting the government down costs money. There are zero advantages to this. You truly are the gold standard for retardation.

I disagree.
We SHOULD do government shutdowns more often.
First of all, there should likely be no more foreign aid, we should permanently disband Homeland Security, the TSA, the DEA, the BATF, etc.

There has always been more than enough funds to keep essential services running, and the rest should have never existed at all anyway.

There can not be any "penalty interest payments" because debts are NOT discretionary spending, do not come out of the federal budget, and will get paid regardless of a shutdown or not.

There can not be any "lost fee collection" because you owe and pay the same regardless of how many IRS agents there are and how long it takes for them to conduct checks.

Forum List

Back