🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Democrats white man problem

As a left leaning Independent, I tend to vote Democrat more than Republican, but it's high time the Democrats face a very unpleasant issue:

From the 40's to the 80's, my father was a working class, blue collar, pro union Democrat. The kind of guy the Democratic lawmakers could count on for their vote. Enter the Reagan revolution, and the landscape began to change. Democratic strategists began to take guys like my father for granted. Democrats began their feminist friendly, gay friendly, immigrant friendly, entitlement friendly, minority friendly march to the present day. Reaching out to these groups is all well and good up to a point, but in doing so, the Democratic party has allowed their once strong core of support to drift away. Today the working class white male feels like little more than an afterthought in the Democratic party. Democratic lawmakers and strategists had better find a way to reverse this exodus, or their problems will only get worse.

The math is clear: Democrats need to win more working-class white votes
I had the same things when I was young. My Dad worked for the State in a office job and voted Democrat no matter what. That started to change when Ike ran. He voted for his old Commander. Next came Kennaday and the 60 s and that ended when they got radical by refusing to sit people at the Democratic Convention in Chicago, unless they were black, queer, female, and that was the straw that broke the Camels back. They lost the base of many whites and now they are losing the support of Blacks. People can not be fooled all the time.

You mean the jobs Americans don't want to do.

A company I worked at used to have this place in the back where they packed out kits for customers. They used "contract labor", which were guys who clearly were not here legally.

Then a funny thing happened. A bigger company bought them out, and decided they didn't want the liability (This is when Obama was still in charge.) So they told the contractor labor company to only send people they could really verify.

So instead of undocumented workers who actually did a pretty good job... they brought in a bunch of white trash meth-heads who usually lasted until they got a paycheck and never showed up again. I wasn't with the company at that point, but someone who was described these people as "Truly Scary".

The reality is, if you have so few job skills that an uneducated person from Mexico is seriously competing for your job, you've failed pretty miserably at life.

And there you go, a perfect example.

A company did not want to pay good money to get good American help, so they paid little money to foreigners who got the same job done only cheaper. This is how foreigners are undercutting our wages. As long as industry can get those people to come here and work for nothing, of course they are not going to offer more money to Americans to get the same work done.

Um, no, guy, it's clear you missed the point of the book. It's really not about any political philosophy... it's about human nature.

No, it was a warning to all of us of what our country will become like if we don't resist the movement. It's happening right in front of us, it's just that people like you can't see it because you're a part of it.

The problem is, these guys weren't responsible for our success. Frankly, it you weren't a plantation owner, living in 18th Century America KIND OF SUCKED.

The guys who made America great are Lincoln, Teddy Roosevelt, Franklin Roosevelt, LBJ... guys you made sure the rest of us who weren't rich white property owning males had a fair shot at the goodies.

It was a lot better of a place than any other around the world in the 18th century. The founders laid out the foundation of this country and that's something even you can't deny. To some degree, we are still living their plan today. The only problem we have are constitutional haters like you and your ilk when they get on the bench and rule against the Constitution instead of for it.

Why should we give a fuck about any of that. THese "hostages" were Iranians and Koreans who held American passports. The big deal was that we got a better deal than we would have gotten if the rest of the world lifted sanctions on Iran because the Jews don't run their countries. But Trump has blown that up. In North Korea, the rest of the world will pay Kim off to keep quiet, and he'll quietly keep making nukes.

You forget that Trump is not doing this for the media or to bolster his reelection bid even if he decides he wants a second term. Trump is doing this to bring peace to parts of the world by showing strength instead of weakness.

If Kim could quietly make nukes, he and his father would have been doing it for years.

Really? Okay. Carsons. Going out of business. Toys R Us. Going out of business. Sears. going out of business.

Yes they are, and it's all due to online competition. What do you want Trump to do about it, make online shopping illegal?

The number of crossers has been declining since 2011... This isn't news, buddy.

Utter bull.

Immigration statistics show largest increase in arrests in three years

Number of immigrants caught at Mexican border plunges 40% under Trump

Reps. McCaul, Goodlatte: Better border security and immigration enforcement is on the way

Yeah, it's going to be funny when the One Pecent start screwing you harder and you wonder why.

They were never screwing me before. They pay my share of income taxes in this country, give me work directly or indirectly, and allow me to be able to support myself. The government? They have a history of screwing the public.
Its called "Out Sourcing" and thats bad. I don't deal with anyone who I don't understand.

Oh, you mean like the Democrats do when we point out how ignoring these foreigners invading our country are keeping wages down for working Americans?
Nothing. Because this is not the situation.Who has been behind increases in minimum wages, the repeal of "right to work for peanuts" laws? The immigrants are not taking jobs that Americans are begging for, unless you're keen on cleaning offices at night, hauling trash, harvesting fruits and vegetables, mowing lawns.

The filth like the state government trash that pushed union-busting and these dump laws are responsible. Look at what the kochs and the rest of the billionaires have been behind, your whore in the Oval Office, the store chains that shove their employees onto public benefits when the owners are making billions and teachers have to take second jobs to make ends meet. These "invaders" responsible for so little of this mess. It's ridiculous to think that they are the ones responsible for wage suppression.

You better think again, because these foreigners are in all kinds of fields outside of picking fruit. That's just what the Democrats tell you to think.

I remember looking for a job in the big union days. During interviews, I would tell the person interviewing me I was not interested in joining a union. The reply I always got was if I didn't join the union, I can't have the job. That's what right-to-work was all about; giving us anti-union people an option to take a job we wanted to get without joining the filthy crooked union.

Businesses locate to places with low costs to them. So if we didn't have right-to-work states, those businesses would simply move out of the country like they've been the past few decades. Would you be happier then?

Liberals don't like choice. Choice means freedom. You think it's okay for unions to virtually take over running a business and telling them who they can or can't hire, and I say who the company hires is none of the business of the union. Let companies make their own decisions on who gets hired, who they should fire, and who gets promoted.
As a left leaning Independent, I tend to vote Democrat more than Republican, but it's high time the Democrats face a very unpleasant issue:

From the 40's to the 80's, my father was a working class, blue collar, pro union Democrat. The kind of guy the Democratic lawmakers could count on for their vote. Enter the Reagan revolution, and the landscape began to change. Democratic strategists began to take guys like my father for granted. Democrats began their feminist friendly, gay friendly, immigrant friendly, entitlement friendly, minority friendly march to the present day. Reaching out to these groups is all well and good up to a point, but in doing so, the Democratic party has allowed their once strong core of support to drift away. Today the working class white male feels like little more than an afterthought in the Democratic party. Democratic lawmakers and strategists had better find a way to reverse this exodus, or their problems will only get worse.

The math is clear: Democrats need to win more working-class white votes

Democrats do a lot better on working-class issues than republicans, who either ignore or actively work to quell any discussion of wage stagnation, union busting and the notoriously badly named "right to work" laws, health care, jobs going overseas, consumer protection, etc.

The OP appears to separate out white, working-class male people from the whole rest of our population. If they are a unique group, they need to do a better job of defining their unique interests and needs and joining in.

So, you like, COMPLETELY heard nothing during the last election.

What I heard was, frankly, a bunch of meaningless drivel, interspersed with threatening, and sometimes filthy language from people who did not seem to have any manners at all and seemed to be having a temper tantrum. ....ot.

Then you need to try harder to pay attention.

Because you just demonstrated that you haven't.

Paid any attention.

How long should I waste my time on imbeciles who just repeat the same idiotic fantasies and "theories" every day and say nothing specific and nothing constructive? People who can't even answer the most simple questions and get their facts straight.

You should spend enough time to save yourself from saying something like, "than republicans, who either ignore or actively work to quell any discussion of wage stagnation, union busting and the notoriously badly named "right to work" laws, health care, jobs going overseas, consumer protection, etc."

Cause that made you just look utterly uninformed.

People who make up outrageous stories about other people they don't even know. I live in an area with a huge mix of people, and the vast majority just work and live normal lives.

I don't know what this is a referral to.

I notice that the header on this thread indicates that there is something different about white men, judging from the comments that the scope of the group being discussed consists of white men in the working class. But there is no indication that their situation is any different than that of women and people of other races who are also in the working class, and no one will say what special attention they require.

Other members of the working class, such as minorities and to a lesser extent women, the dems have a sound strategy(s) to target their votes.

Not with the white working class voters.

The Corrupt Democratic Party has not just alienated white male voters, they have also alienated white female voters, suburban voters, rural voters, christian voters, patriotic voters, middle class voters, southern voters, midwestern voters, small business voters, law and order voters, family values voters....well you know, the economic and cultural core voters who make America a great country.

But yet your side still has to use voter suppression, archaic systems and gerrymandering to win... and you can't even do that anymore, given how many seats you've lost since Trump became PResident.

A company did not want to pay good money to get good American help, so they paid little money to foreigners who got the same job done only cheaper. This is how foreigners are undercutting our wages. As long as industry can get those people to come here and work for nothing, of course they are not going to offer more money to Americans to get the same work done.

You miss the point entirely. THey WERE able to get White People to work for those wages. Except the white people they got were the biggest losers in the world. Drug addicts who couldn't get real jobs.

And they did a shitty job, from what I heard. Nothing but complaints about how these kits were missing components or were packed half-ass.

No, it was a warning to all of us of what our country will become like if we don't resist the movement. It's happening right in front of us, it's just that people like you can't see it because you're a part of it.

Guy, if anything was truly "Orwellian", it is when the South did the whole "Lost Cause" revisionism where the Civil War wasn't about slavery and the guys who lost the war became heroes. Sorry you don't get that. Now we are tearing down their statues because you don't give statues to racist traitors.

You forget that Trump is not doing this for the media or to bolster his reelection bid even if he decides he wants a second term. Trump is doing this to bring peace to parts of the world by showing strength instead of weakness.

The problem with showing 'Strength' when you don't really have that, is eventually someone calls your bluff. In case you missed the last 17 years in the Middle East. You know, where we have less influence now than we did in 2001 because we couldn't subdue two third world basket case countries.

Being a bully who gets a bloody nose is not "Strength", buddy.

Yes they are, and it's all due to online competition. What do you want Trump to do about it, make online shopping illegal?

No, just want you guys to stop pretending it's all fine... because it isn't. Something really bad is on the horizon...

No they didn't "drift away" they were driven off by Dem policies, legislation, and regulations that harmed the blue collar base. That cost them their jobs. That stifled job growth. That lowered their wages and increased their taxes. This is not a case of the Dem's not paying attention to the blue collar base, Dem's have been kicking them in the nuts trying to appease these other groups.

Um... no.

Okay, going to show you some numbers here.

What percentage of the White vote did the Republican get?

Donald Trump got 57% of the White Vote in 2016.

Mitt Romney got 59% of the white vote in 2012

John McCain (You know the guy who is dying and you are all happy) got 55% in 2008. Yup, underwater mortgages, busted 401K's, a losing war, and 55% of you will vote for a man you hate if he has an R behind his name.

George W. Stupid got 58% of the White vote in 2004 and 54% in 2000

Bob Dole got 46% of the White vote, but 9% of the white vote went to Ross Perot.

Poppy Bush only got 41% of the White vote, but 21% of it went to Perot. Back in 1988, he got 60% of the White Vote

Ronald Reagan got 56% of the White vote in 1980 and 66% in 1984.

Jerry Ford, clumsy oaf that he was, STILL got 52% of the white vote. You can wreck the economy and pardon tricky dick and make the savings of white people worthless, and STILL get 52% of the White vote if you have an R behind your name.

How Groups Voted in 1976 - Roper Center

So, um, no, Trump didn't really represent a great awakening by stupid white people. White people have always been kind of stupid, and Trump did less well than Reagan, Both Bushes and even that Weird Mormon Robot you guys nominated that one time.

What happened- unfortunately, is too many white people who actually vote their own economic interests usually voted for third party candidates because they were told "Hillary was a crook" and "She has it in the bag".

But bad news, white people... you were only 70% of the vote in 2016. You were only 72% of the electorate in 2012, and 74% in 2008.

and no one is going to make the Third Party mistake next time.

Working class whites are the demographic that the democrats are working to replace.

That's going a bit too far I think, but the Democrats have a lot of work to do if they want to win back the white male vote.

She didn't go far enough. The government schools are teaching whites in general to hate their own race and white males in particular to hate their gender. This didn't happen overnight....the 60's hippies had a plan to take over the media and government schools and pulled it off. Not only could they turn out obedient voters, but manipulate American history and her heroes into villains. These kids were taught religion was a hoax instead of global warming and that communism made for a much easier journey through life than free enterprise. Told them reefer was fine knowing it made them lazy and susceptible to their hairbrain ideas. Taught them queers are normal and interracial dating was preferred. And white girls ended up beat up, knocked up, and dependent on the government Look at our society....$21T in debt, divided into warring tribes, now trying to bring down a duly elected President with rumor and innuendo. In other words, the left don't want any males in charge, much less white males or statutes saluting them for building a country that tolerated the leftists crazy ideas. They don't hate the military so much as they want that money the Pentagon gets. They've deluded themselves into thinking our enemies will come around if we stop being imperialist warmongers. And the kids believe it because they were never taught the true stories. Understand this....the democrat leaders don't believe a word of it...they're in it for the power and the money and couldn't care less about the damage they're doing to our people and institutions. And for that, they should pay with their lives on the gallows.

You're nuts, dude.

"dude"? I explained your problem to you but you don't believe you have a problem...you just want the left to come up with new tricks to lure white males back into their coven. I'm a Viet combat veteran, boy. My eyes have seen what true communism is and how it rules it's victims. I was taught about the true America in the public schools in the 1950's when we'd just come out of a war against fascism. I've watched what's been done to my country and you sit there and tell me I'm "nuts". Fine...keep buying their bullshit but know that electing Trump was the first shot over the communist bow in our America and if they succeed in bringing him down, there will be a full-scale civil war....a shooting war and we will win it handily. If you choose to join your comrades on those gallows, so be it.

So everything that has happened to the near destruction of our Country is all because of Democrats?

Have you taken a really hard look at the Republicans you have put in office?

Take Mitch McConnell. Even Republicans have started calling him a Dictator. He resumes to even bring up bills that might help fix things. The Senate was supposed to be the honorable, thinking branch. Instead Mitch has made it non functioning.

Look at the House. Even Paul Ryan is getting out of town,along with many Republicans. Meanwhile he is trying to inflict as much harm as he can on the least of us.

Then,we should discuss the hateful, narcisstic,lying,cheating crook you put in the WHITEHOUSE. He is crumbling,too under the weight of the billionaires he installed in his Administration. Greedy,grasping billionaires destroying what ever protections Americans have. Like clean water, breathing fresh air with out pollution.

And you blame Democrats for trying to make us a better fairer country for all?

How dare you blame us for your mess?

Other members of the working class, such as minorities and to a lesser extent women, the dems have a sound strategy(s) to target their votes.

No, we've kind of concluded that after watching these people vote against their own economic interests for 40 years, they are kind of stupid and can't be swayed.

That's going a bit too far I think, but the Democrats have a lot of work to do if they want to win back the white male vote.

She didn't go far enough. The government schools are teaching whites in general to hate their own race and white males in particular to hate their gender. This didn't happen overnight....the 60's hippies had a plan to take over the media and government schools and pulled it off. Not only could they turn out obedient voters, but manipulate American history and her heroes into villains. These kids were taught religion was a hoax instead of global warming and that communism made for a much easier journey through life than free enterprise. Told them reefer was fine knowing it made them lazy and susceptible to their hairbrain ideas. Taught them queers are normal and interracial dating was preferred. And white girls ended up beat up, knocked up, and dependent on the government Look at our society....$21T in debt, divided into warring tribes, now trying to bring down a duly elected President with rumor and innuendo. In other words, the left don't want any males in charge, much less white males or statutes saluting them for building a country that tolerated the leftists crazy ideas. They don't hate the military so much as they want that money the Pentagon gets. They've deluded themselves into thinking our enemies will come around if we stop being imperialist warmongers. And the kids believe it because they were never taught the true stories. Understand this....the democrat leaders don't believe a word of it...they're in it for the power and the money and couldn't care less about the damage they're doing to our people and institutions. And for that, they should pay with their lives on the gallows.

You're nuts, dude.

"dude"? I explained your problem to you but you don't believe you have a problem...you just want the left to come up with new tricks to lure white males back into their coven. I'm a Viet combat veteran, boy. My eyes have seen what true communism is and how it rules it's victims. I was taught about the true America in the public schools in the 1950's when we'd just come out of a war against fascism. I've watched what's been done to my country and you sit there and tell me I'm "nuts". Fine...keep buying their bullshit but know that electing Trump was the first shot over the communist bow in our America and if they succeed in bringing him down, there will be a full-scale civil war....a shooting war and we will win it handily. If you choose to join your comrades on those gallows, so be it.

Most people just want an even playing field. Some go a little too far in their pursuit of it. Others are actually the insidious weasels that you seem to believe they all are, but most people who care about these things just want fairness. And let's face it; white guys have had it better than everyone else for quite a long time, possibly with the exception of the last few decades, where I think it has pretty much evened out (in terms of equal opportunity).

You went off the deep end long ago.

Considering we built this country I dont think it's to much to ask that we get a fair shake.
And the attacks on the white male is hardly a fair shake.

“We,” built this Country on the backs of Slaves! You forgot that?

Now, their Ancesters simply want fair.

No, we've kind of concluded that after watching these people vote against their own economic interests for 40 years, they are kind of stupid and can't be swayed.

You said it! I saw that long ago. The ignorant still do not understand they caused the demise of the middle class. Now they are whining but still follow along like lemmings. And this one is really taking them over the edge.

Electing a fool who does not know the meaning of his job,and bluster only takes you so far.

You said it! I saw that long ago. The ignorant still do not understand they caused the demise of the middle class. Now they are whining but still follow along like lemmings. And this one is really taking them over the edge.

Electing a fool who does not know the meaning of his job,and bluster only takes you so far.

We are trying to reverse the policies that led to the stagnation of the middle class, ie "Free Trade" and Third World Immigration.

That's what Trump's campaign was all about.

We are trying to reverse the policies that led to the stagnation of the middle class, ie "Free Trade" and Third World Immigration.

Well, you sure picked the wrong man.

Well, you sure picked the wrong man.

He was the one that brought up the issues. EVERYONE else was comfortable with the status quo.

Trump ran on changing those policies that have been responsible for the stagnation of the middle class, and won, despite the Establishment doing all they could to stop him.

What does that say about the republican voter?

Then you really are fucking stupid, aren't you?

Free Trade and Third World Immigration didn't cause those problems for you.

Automation and Corporate Greed did.

But it's always easier to kick down than kick up.

He was the one that brought up the issues. EVERYONE else was comfortable with the status quo.

Trump ran on changing those policies that have been responsible for the stagnation of the middle class, and won, despite the Establishment doing all they could to stop him.

What does that say about the republican voter?

That you are stupid as fuck that you keep voting for these rich guys who screw you?

Working class whites are the demographic that the democrats are working to replace.

She didn't go far enough. The government schools are teaching whites in general to hate their own race and white males in particular to hate their gender. This didn't happen overnight....the 60's hippies had a plan to take over the media and government schools and pulled it off. Not only could they turn out obedient voters, but manipulate American history and her heroes into villains. These kids were taught religion was a hoax instead of global warming and that communism made for a much easier journey through life than free enterprise. Told them reefer was fine knowing it made them lazy and susceptible to their hairbrain ideas. Taught them queers are normal and interracial dating was preferred. And white girls ended up beat up, knocked up, and dependent on the government. Look at our society....$21T in debt, divided into warring tribes, now trying to bring down a duly elected President with rumor and innuendo. In other words, the left don't want any males in charge, much less white males or statutes saluting them for building a country that tolerated the leftists crazy ideas. They don't hate the military so much as they want that money the Pentagon gets. They've deluded themselves into thinking our enemies will come around if we stop being imperialist warmongers. And the kids believe it because they were never taught the true stories. Understand this....the democrat leaders don't believe a word of it...they're in it for the power and the money and couldn't care less about the damage they're doing to our people and institutions. And for that, they should pay with their lives on the gallows.
What school is this?

What exactly is the American way of life?
Most people just want an even playing field. Some go a little too far in their pursuit of it. Others are actually the insidious weasels that you seem to believe they all are, but most people who care about these things just want fairness. And let's face it; white guys have had it better than everyone else for quite a long time, possibly with the exception of the last few decades, where I think it has pretty much evened out (in terms of equal opportunity).

Me and my kind are who you'll deal with if you ignore more "reasonable" requests to end your attacks on the American way of life. Turn the schools back into places a child can learn the truth and be proud to be whatever color they are and to be an American. Turn the media back into truth-tellers instead of propaganda arms of the Ratocrats. Get the fuck off welfare and earn a living and raise your children to believe in God and do the right thing always. We're ready to hang every fucking one of you so you best be quick in telling the others who's in the treeline if they don't heed our warnings.
QUOTE) What exactly is the American way of life?
Fuck over minorities and steal what you can't rob.

You're nuts, dude.

Considering we built this country I dont think it's to much to ask that we get a fair shake.
And the attacks on the white male is hardly a fair shake.

“We,” built this Country on the backs of Slaves! You forgot that?

Now, their Ancesters simply want fair.

Oh bullshit.
Very few people owned slaves.

What exactly is the American way of life?

Me and my kind are who you'll deal with if you ignore more "reasonable" requests to end your attacks on the American way of life. Turn the schools back into places a child can learn the truth and be proud to be whatever color they are and to be an American. Turn the media back into truth-tellers instead of propaganda arms of the Ratocrats. Get the fuck off welfare and earn a living and raise your children to believe in God and do the right thing always. We're ready to hang every fucking one of you so you best be quick in telling the others who's in the treeline if they don't heed our warnings.
QUOTE) What exactly is the American way of life?
Fuck over minorities and steal what you can't rob.

Cool series of words...
How exactly does one “fuck over minorities”?
Last I checked...minorities were being spoon fed by Caucasians...no?
AND
What’s being robbed and stolen?

No they didn't "drift away" they were driven off by Dem policies, legislation, and regulations that harmed the blue collar base. That cost them their jobs. That stifled job growth. That lowered their wages and increased their taxes. This is not a case of the Dem's not paying attention to the blue collar base, Dem's have been kicking them in the nuts trying to appease these other groups.

Um... no.

Okay, going to show you some numbers here.

What percentage of the White vote did the Republican get?

Donald Trump got 57% of the White Vote in 2016.

Mitt Romney got 59% of the white vote in 2012

John McCain (You know the guy who is dying and you are all happy) got 55% in 2008. Yup, underwater mortgages, busted 401K's, a losing war, and 55% of you will vote for a man you hate if he has an R behind his name.

George W. Stupid got 58% of the White vote in 2004 and 54% in 2000

Bob Dole got 46% of the White vote, but 9% of the white vote went to Ross Perot.

Poppy Bush only got 41% of the White vote, but 21% of it went to Perot. Back in 1988, he got 60% of the White Vote

Ronald Reagan got 56% of the White vote in 1980 and 66% in 1984.

Jerry Ford, clumsy oaf that he was, STILL got 52% of the white vote. You can wreck the economy and pardon tricky dick and make the savings of white people worthless, and STILL get 52% of the White vote if you have an R behind your name.

How Groups Voted in 1976 - Roper Center

So, um, no, Trump didn't really represent a great awakening by stupid white people. White people have always been kind of stupid, and Trump did less well than Reagan, Both Bushes and even that Weird Mormon Robot you guys nominated that one time.

What happened- unfortunately, is too many white people who actually vote their own economic interests usually voted for third party candidates because they were told "Hillary was a crook" and "She has it in the bag".

But bad news, white people... you were only 70% of the vote in 2016. You were only 72% of the electorate in 2012, and 74% in 2008.

and no one is going to make the Third Party mistake next time.

LOL you are in denial, Trump won the blue states PA, MI, and WI hello.

Forum List

Back