The hypocrisy and arrogance of atheism

Sucker your opponent into a tenuous position.

Then get into a battle based on Skepticism.

Win because people will favor their beliefs of God over questionable scientific theories.

That is the formula, right.

What happens if the Atheists Is honest enough to say "I don't know?" when you ask "How did life start on Earth?" I think you maybe left in a pickle there.
I never got the impression the poster was thinking that far ahead. I was expecting a long list of bible verses

That's because you are assuming what I think based on your bias against Christians. Yet, you whine about the presentation of fact?

:lol:
A conspiracy theorist. How cute.

Win because people will favor their beliefs of God over questionable scientific theories.

What happens if the Atheists Is honest enough to say "I don't know?" when you ask "How did life start on Earth?" I think you maybe left in a pickle there.
I never got the impression the poster was thinking that far ahead. I was expecting a long list of bible verses

That's because you are assuming what I think based on your bias against Christians. Yet, you whine about the presentation of fact?

Man you really can't debate the actual subject can you? It leaves you grasping for way to pigeon hole me so you can feel better about it.

First I'm a "Bible Thumper." Now I'm a "conspiracy theories" (yet I gave no theory only fact).

What's next? I read tea leaves?

THEN they have to ADMIT Creationism is just as valid a theory as any of theirs.

I have yet to have an atheist do that.

Their arrogance won't permit them.
Actually, ID'iot creationism is not a theory. It's a false label for christian fundamentalism.

Based on what fact?

AGAIN, if we are HONEST ENOUGH to admit there is NO HARD EVIDENCE OR FACT for how life began then we have to be honest enough to ADMIT there is no basis to DISMISS any theory.

What you are doing AGAIN is labeling a theory so you can feel it's okay to dismiss it.

That's not science, or fact. That's just prejudice.

I told you this is what atheists will do!

Man you really can't debate the actual subject can you? It leaves you grasping for way to pigeon hole me so you can feel better about it.

First I'm a "Bible Thumper." Now I'm a "conspiracy theories" (yet I gave no theory only fact).

What's next? I read tea leaves?

Why would you think that ID'iot creationism is debatable?

I've beaten atheists many times in my life. It's not as hard as you would think.

I don't believe in your god, or any other.

I what is arrogant about that?

I also don't collect stamps.

Do you also find my non-stamp collecting arrogant- or hypocritical?

I don't know why there is a small segment of Christians who are so offended that I don't join their mindthink.

You are perfectly free to do so.

I'm merely commenting on the double standard atheists set for proof of God, vs. origins of life or life on other planets.

What double standard have I set up?

Please feel free to point that out.

The op is quite explicit.

Okay- here I will quote from it

Here's the key. Atheists are hypocrites and because of that hypocrisy not nearly as smart as they think are.

How you say?

Well, let's take the way they demand HARD EVIDENCE for God. It you can't produce "evidence" God exists, then he can't.

Show me where I have demanded hard evidence for God?

So far all you have done in this thread is rant about atheists- clearly you have some issue with persons who don't believe in your god- but that doesn't justify lying about me.

Because I am an atheist. And your OP accused me of hypocrisy.

So prove it.

Or expose yourself to be the lying hypocrite that you appear to be.

I've beaten atheists many times in my life. It's not as hard as you would think.

I don't know why there is a small segment of Christians who are so offended that I don't join their mindthink.

I'm merely commenting on the double standard atheists set for proof of God, vs. origins of life or life on other planets.

Here's the key. Atheists are hypocrites and because of that hypocrisy not nearly as smart as they think are.

How you say?

Well, let's take the way they demand HARD EVIDENCE for God. It you can't produce "evidence" God exists, then he can't.

So far all you have done in this thread is rant about atheists- clearly you have some issue with persons who don't believe in your god- but that doesn't justify lying about me.

So prove it.

Then you admit you don't believe in God because of faith?

That would mean you don't believe in God for the same reason Christians do believe in God?

You want to go there?

You think I haven't done this before, don't you? I told you I have! :lol:

Hey Atheists? Where's ya'll go?

You don't mean you're going to wimp out so soon?

How else will you prove you are so much smarter than me, a "lowly" Christian?

How you say?

So prove it.

That would mean you don't believe in God for the same reason Christians do believe in God?

You want to go there?

What part of me not believing in your god- or any god do you have a hard time comprehending.

You accused me of hypocrisy- prove it.

How you say?

So prove it.

How you say?

So prove it.

You want to go there?

What part of me not believing in your god- or any god do you have a hard time comprehending.

How you say?

So prove it.

THEN YOU ARE ADMITTING YOU DON'T BELIEVE IN GOD BECAUSE OF FAITH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aka ATHEISM IS YOUR RELIGION. Just like Christianity is MY religion.

Doubling down on the same failed tactic doesn't help you.

I'm perfectly willing to concede I could be wrong about you.

BUT ARE YOU WILLING TO CONCEDE THAT MEANS YOU DENY GOD BASED ON FAITH AND NOT FACT???????

Still waiting while you twist yourself in knots.

How you say?

So prove it.

You want to go there?

How you say?

So prove it.

BUT ARE YOU WILLING TO CONCEDE THAT MEANS YOU DENY GOD BASED ON FAITH AND NOT FACT???????

Lovely, lovely folks these hyper-religious loons.

It seems your real issue is that science has the means to explore the questions of how life began and you see that as a threat to the tales and fables of whatever creation story linked to whatever gawds will be displaced.

And just to bring you up to speed, biological evolution is as much a fact as anything in science can be termed a fact.

Um, no but that's a nice try attempting to turn it on it's head.

Atheists do NOT want to explore how life began. You can't want to explore unless you are open to ALL theories.

But atheists refuse to explore the possibility that God created it.

They will only accept theories that preclude God. But they have NO EVIDENCE TO DO THAT.

Either to accept God or exclude him. They have no evidence at all.
Thought so.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a poster with the debilitating disease of IBTS (Irrational Bible Thumping Syndrome). Treatment for IBTS is similar to that for treatment of Ebola.

Oh, in other words when confronted with the facts you can't deny, just call me a "Bible Thumper" and run away.

Wow, that was really incisive debate that proved how atheists are soooooooooo much smarter than Christians, right?

Pathetic!

You didn't offer any facts.

You're just another hysterical, chest-heaving religious zealot.

However, don't let that interfere with the promotion of your conspiracy theories.

I'm not presenting a theory.

I'm presenting the double standard on which atheists set their standard on the existence of God, vs. the existence of life on other planets and how life began.

These are FACTS I am presenting.

A) There is no Hard evidence that God exists.

B) There is no hard evidence for how life began

C) There is no hard evidence for life on other planets.

Given these facts I find it amusing that atheists will chuck these requirement of hard evidence when it comes to life on other planets or how life began, but requires evidence with strict limitations when it comes to the Existence of God.

Atheists don't require "hard evidence" that life exists on other planets. They know that the conditions for life exist on other planets and the mathematical odds favor the existence of life on other planets.

As for how life began this planet has the same conditions as the billions of other similar planets in the Universe so given the mathematical odds that life occurred on this planet it is safe to assume that it has probably occurred countless times on other planets too.

As far as the mathematical odds for the existence of gods there is most certainly a probability that there are beings with godlike powers in the Universe. But having godlike powers does not make them the "creator" of the Universe.

The problem that creationists like you face is the Omnipotence Paradox. Unless you can resolve that the only hypocrites here are you and your ilk. You claim to believe in an omnipotent creator but you refuse to explain the paradox.

How you say?

So prove it.

You want to go there?

How you say?

So prove it.

So, when losing a debate, call names and run away.

Man, that's sure shows how much smarter you are than a Christian, right?

Still waiting for you to actually address the debate (or are you intellectually capable). If you aren't, I understand.

How you say?

So prove it.

You want to go there?

How you say?

So prove it.

Still waiting for you to actually address the debate (or are you intellectually capable). If you aren't, I understand.
What is there to debate? ID'iot creationism is not a defendable position.

Um, no but that's a nice try attempting to turn it on it's head.

Atheists do NOT want to explore how life began. You can't want to explore unless you are open to ALL theories.

But atheists refuse to explore the possibility that God created it.

They will only accept theories that preclude God. But they have NO EVIDENCE TO DO THAT.

Either to accept God or exclude him. They have no evidence at all.
Thought so.

Ladies and gentlemen, we have a poster with the debilitating disease of IBTS (Irrational Bible Thumping Syndrome). Treatment for IBTS is similar to that for treatment of Ebola.

Oh, in other words when confronted with the facts you can't deny, just call me a "Bible Thumper" and run away.

Wow, that was really incisive debate that proved how atheists are soooooooooo much smarter than Christians, right?

Pathetic!

You didn't offer any facts.

You're just another hysterical, chest-heaving religious zealot.

However, don't let that interfere with the promotion of your conspiracy theories.

I'm not presenting a theory.

I'm presenting the double standard on which atheists set their standard on the existence of God, vs. the existence of life on other planets and how life began.

These are FACTS I am presenting.

A) There is no Hard evidence that God exists.

B) There is no hard evidence for how life began

C) There is no hard evidence for life on other planets.

Given these facts I find it amusing that atheists will chuck these requirement of hard evidence when it comes to life on other planets or how life began, but requires evidence with strict limitations when it comes to the Existence of God.

Atheists don't require "hard evidence" that life exists on other planets. They know that the conditions for life exist on other planets and the mathematical odds favor the existence of life on other planets.

As for how life began this planet has the same conditions as the billions of other similar planets in the Universe so given the mathematical odds that life occurred on this planet it is safe to assume that it has probably occurred countless times on other planets too.

As far as the mathematical odds for the existence of gods there is most certainly a probability that there are beings with godlike powers in the Universe. But having godlike powers does not make them the "creator" of the Universe.

The problem that creationists like you face is the Omnipotence Paradox. Unless you can resolve that the only hypocrites here are you and your ilk. You claim to believe in an omnipotent creator but you refuse to explain the paradox.

We "know" conditions exist for life on other planets huh?

EVIDENCE?????????

You know what you are going to get? Scientists from NASA saying they found a planet that SUGGESTS life could exist there.

And I could show you plenty here that SUGGESTS God exists.

"Suggests" isn't FACT.

We don't KNOW anything. We surmise, we theorize, and we conjecture. That's NOT FACT.

And now come the "probabilities" thing.

I'm sorry but when you can show hard evidence that Math of any kind proves life on other planets (mathematical probabilities, :lol: ) Do let me know, but that was a lot of high sounding BS.

You want to go there?

How you say?

So prove it.

What is there to debate? ID'iot creationism is not a defendable position.

Based on what FACT?????

Still waiting for you to produce FACT to back that up.

Dismissing it based on a bias is not science, and that's all you are doing.

Forum List

Back