Zone1 The infuriating charge of 'racism against white people'

Status
Not open for further replies.
So we can expect these racists to blame black people for the black-white gap in socioeconomic standing, negatively stereotype African Americans, or to resist meaningful policy efforts?

Wow! These are the worst nightmares we can expect from these vile racists? We live in a very safe society when someone's biggest fear is that someone talks or engages in apathetic inaction. Do you know what people could expect from racists in the 1920s?

Time for you to stop being obtuse. You know it's more than that.

Time for you to stop being obtuse. You know it's more than that.

I asked you and that was the answer YOU gave. I would say that absolutely no racist acts can be expected from the average racist.

I asked you and that was the answer YOU gave. I would say that absolutely no racist acts can be expected from the average racist.
I showed you the defintion of laissez faire racism twice and you decided that it was only apathetic reactions. You can't see actions like policies or laws targeting blacks, the refusal to pass laws to fix the damage created by racism, or the attempt to dismantle laws that help provide equal opportunity. The literal lynch mob does not exist pretty much anymore and if you are looking for those as acts of racism, then you'll also go looking in a car factory to see if they still manufacture model t's.

No. Because practically everyone else is not white right wing victimologists. That's just a subculture within the overall white culture.
I thought you understood that we were referring to white people

I'm sure there is a large percentage of whites that want racism to end, but it isn't 100 percent. Polls have shown that 48-50 percent of whites think America will be weaker if whites are not the majority. 31 percent of whites felt that it was important for American to preserve it's western european "heritage". So no, it's not 100 percent.

Racism is just as much an act now than it ever was. I don't know who made you the definer of what racism is but racism is a belief that leads to actions based on that belief.
Neither of those opinions are racist.

Racism is a system perpetrated against Black people.

As a black man, how can the OP be racist?
Simple, by virtue of the definition of the word that the OP himself posted. I quote:

“Learn what the real definition of racist or racism is and stop repeating the right wing victimhood version. The real definition of racism is:”

‘a belief that race is a fundamental determinant of human traits and capacities and that racial differences produce an inherent superiority of a particular race.’

Do you understand?”

IM2, Post #5.

Notice that this definition does not single out any one particular race that solely exhibits these traits.

AMEN!!

This guy has it spot on.

Leonard Pitts Jr.: The infuriating charge of 'racism against white people'​

Sometimes I wish white people could be Black.

Not forever, mind you. Maybe for just a few weeks like John Howard Griffin, the author of “Black Like Me,” who darkened his skin and traveled the South in 1959. Sometimes, I wish white people could have that experience.

Not so they could feel the sickly apprehension that can accompany a simple traffic stop.

Not so they could feel the indignation of being asked to account for yourself just walking down the street.

Not so they could feel what it’s like when your bank loan is denied, your home appraises for less, your doctor doesn’t take your pain seriously, you don’t get the job, your preschooler gets suspended, the shopkeeper follows you around, you can’t hail a taxi or you wind up in handcuffs, because of the melanin in your skin.

No, I wish white people could be Black so they could know how it feels to deal with all of that — and then hear white people complain how hard they have it.

Just because you don't recognize it, doesn't mean that there are lots of black people who are as bigoted as hell against whites.

If I had 5 cents for every time I heard a black person call me a "jive ass honky mutha fucka" , I'd be wealthy today.

Here is the rest of the article. Let's see if you guys can discuss this instead of the usual factless off topic personal attacks.

The reference is to a recent political ad. You likely haven’t seen it if you’re not in Georgia, but it surfaced on Twitter the other day courtesy of Isaac Hayes III (yes, the son of that Isaac Hayes), where it reminded us that, in matters of race, some of our white brethren and sistren — repeating for emphasis: some — are shameless beyond words and clueless beyond parody.

“When did racism against white people become OK?” asks the announcer. The piano frets worriedly behind him, and white people gaze soulfully into the camera as he lists supposed acts of “left-wing racism” and “anti-white bigotry” they face from President Joe Biden and Vice President Kamala Harris. We lack space to detail those claims, but it won’t surprise you that they’ve been debunked by Factcheck.org, Politifact and The Washington Post. Nor will you be stunned to learn the ads are funded by something called America First Legal, led by Stephen Miller, a veteran of the Trump Reich who championed its obscene policy of stealing children from immigrants.

Yes, the spot is obviously a direct descendant of the notoriously racist Willie Horton ad of 1988. But our attention today is on how it tries to neutralize the language of liberal protest by co-opting it, i.e., re-framing “racism” as something suffered by white folks. It’s a rhetorical trick the white right has used for years. Which is not to say it has lost its power to infuriate. This narrative that racism is a “both sides” phenomenon may be comfort food for them, but it is a libel upon my ancestors.

Again, however, it is not new. Maybe you recall a 2016 exchange about racism between Bryan Richter, a white cop in Austin Texas, and Breaion King, a black woman. “Do you believe it goes both ways?” he asked her. This, after he had body-slammed the 112-pound woman, handcuffed her, stuffed her in the back of his car and lectured her on the “violent tendencies” of, ahem, Black people. She had been pulled over for speeding.

Six years after that, five years after Charlottesville, four years after a court awarded four cents to the family of a Black man in Florida executed by police, three years after a white man threatened a Black one with a knife for walking in a “white town” in Kansas, two years after Ahmaud Arbery, Breonna Taylor and George Floyd, it is difficult to overstate the brazenness of the white right asking us to fret over “racism against white people.”

One wishes they could be Black, but for their sake, it’s probably best that they can’t. If they were, they’d have to deal with white people like themselves.

They could not handle that.

We all may suck, but that's not the thread topic. The topic is about how whites complain about something they really don't face and that maybe if they actually faced what they d to others things could get better.
You ASSume white people don’t face racism. You really have no idea whether they do or not. You constantly tell whites that they know nothing about being black. The same goes for you, you aren’t white, you don’t know what white people go through. People are individuals and not everyone experiences the same things in life. You don’t know how horrible some whites had as children, but to you it could NEVER be as bad as a black child on their best day. Get over your racism of white people.

We are not supposed to call people racists here and no, I am not a racist by the true definition of the word. White right wing victimologists have made up a definition of racist though, and make claims.
You don’t know the true definition.

No. Because practically everyone else is not white right wing victimologists. That's just a subculture within the overall white culture.
Define that "sub culture" you speak of.

Please be precise in exactly what you mean.

Define that "sub culture" you speak of.

Please be precise in exactly what you mean.

Start asking whites to say not all blacks when they speak about blacks and stop following me around.
subculture:
a cultural group within a larger culture, often having beliefs or interests at variance with those of the larger culture:

Since a sub culture is a culture within a race or population stating that a racist subculture exists among whites means that not all whites practice racism. And that's all you really need to understand. Everybody else understands this. So I think I have been plenty specific.

This thread is about white victimhood and perhaps you can explain how whites actually believe there is racism allowed against whites. How can there be racism against a population that equals 60 percent of all Americans but hold 80 percent of the management positions, 77 percent of all other jobs, have 17-20 the wealth of everybody else, and control every institution.

Just because you don't recognize it, doesn't mean that there are lots of black people who are as bigoted as hell against whites.

If I had 5 cents for every time I heard a black person call me a "jive ass honky mutha fucka" , I'd be wealthy today.
Yeah and not one of them have denied you any opportunity. Racism is more than name calling and it's time whites such as yourself got honest and started asking yourselves why do some people of color not like whites, instead of pretending that everything has been the same.

Start asking whites to say not all blacks when they speak about blacks and stop following me around.
subculture:
a cultural group within a larger culture, often having beliefs or interests at variance with those of the larger culture:

Since a sub culture is a culture within a race or population stating that a racist subculture exists among whites means that not all whites practice racism. And that's all you really need to understand. Everybody else understands this. So I think I have been plenty specific.

This thread is about white victimhood and perhaps you can explain how whites actually believe there is racism allowed against whites. How can there be racism against a population that equals 60 percent of all Americans but hold 80 percent of the management positions, 77 percent of all other jobs, have 17-20 the wealth of everybody else, and control every institution.
You have fun making shit up, dontcha?

Yeah and not one of them have denied you any opportunity.

I never denied you opportunity to anything and never had the ability to do so. Yet you called me racist all the same.
Racism is more than name calling and it's time whites such as yourself got honest and started asking yourselves why do some people of color not like whites, instead of pretending that everything has been the same.

Some blacks not liking whites is racism. You know, according to the definition that YOU posted.

You don't know what I have done and this thread is about white complaining about how they face racism.
Equity = Less for straight white men. That is true. Especially when applying to a university.

I do know that you have not accomplished anything. Retired early. Live off the system and agree with Ye and Kyrie that Jews are the spawn of Satan.

At least you had the balls to take me off ignore. Congratulations

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back