The Low Voter Turnout,.

Actually that's a misleading claim. Actually, about the same number of Blacks, Asians, young people, and women voted for Republicans as vote for Republicans in every election. That's kinda what the Republicans have going for them. Their base is steady. They can always count on them, in every election.

However, since fewer Blacks, Latinos, Asians, women, and especially young people voted in this election - as often happens during a mid-term election - the percentage of those demographics which "voted Republican" were, understandably higher.

My premise still stands.
Premise all you want, we kicked your asses out and have obama by the balls for the next two years.
Actually, not really. But, okay. You go with that thought...
The Demopcrats still control the Senate next January? You're claiming that? LOL
Ylou didn't say anything about control of Congress. You said, and I quote:

we...have obama by the balls for the next two years.
That is the claim I dispute. but, like I said. You go with that thought. Lemme know how that works out for ya...

You actually think that Obama is suddenly going to work with them after being at war with them for 6 years?
Being at war with them...shut up...

IMHO, many Democrat voters are fed up with the party's inability to get legislation through congress. That's doesn't mean they are supporting a Republican agenda.
When I said, "The one thing they have not done is their job, creating meaningful legislation", I was speaking from the perspective of a voter. Maybe you think creating legislation strictly for political purposes that has no chance of passing is their job. I don't and millions of other voters agree.

right, because they can't pass more garbage bills that will strangle us more (like what SIZE soda cups you need to drink from) that must of been why Democrats stayed home. Because we all know they can't live their lives without Guberment telling them how to do it, right flopper?
man oh man you make Democrats look like they are "dependents" of the Federal Government

The fact is that most Americans be them Republicans, Democrats, or whatever depend on government. Republicans promise a small less expensive government but they have no intention of delivering on that promise. Notice how McConnell is backing off from his promise to repeal Obamacare now that Republicans control the Senate.

To make substantial cuts in government means cutting spending in areas such as defense, Medicare, Medicaid, Homeland Security, federal welfare programs, food stamps, health insurance subsidies, education, and thousands of programs that directly benefit both voters, and businesses. People will support government cuts as long as those cuts don't effect them. Americans may hate big government but they love those healthcare subsidies, Medicare and Medicaid benefits, food stamps, free and reduced school lunches, large defense contracts, new roads and bridges, government disaster aid, and protection from terrorist attacks. What Americans really want is all the goodies that big government provides without having to pay the piper.
“I am not on the ballot this fall. Michelle’s pretty happy about that. But make no mistake: These policies are on the ballot. Every single one of them,” Obama said in prepared remarks at Northwestern University.
What I find hard to believe that it was a prepared statement the arrogance of obama killed the democrats. I mean if obama faithful were behind him they would have made the effort because of that statement to go out and vote. But seems not many support obama's policies and the dems running for re-election paid the price for obama's arrogance
Except that those policies won every time. Minimum wage increase? Won. Marijuana? Won. Every progressive policy initiative that was on the ballot, won. But, democrats? Not so much. This wasn't a "vote against" progressivism. This was a resounding "Fuck off!" to Democrats who just have not had the balls to stand up for Progressives.

Minimum wage was and should be the province of state government. The cost of living in each state should determine the wages that the state sets the minimum wage at. Using New York City or Los Angeles cost of living to determine the wage scale in Tuscaloosa, Alabama is ludicrous to the extreme.

The jury is still out on marijuana. It is now legal in a number of states, but like alcohol, the effects may be turn out to be disastrous. I don't use it, but I do know several people who use it for medicinal relief and would do the same thing if I had their illness.

The left are still not getting the States rights issues. They think that the Feds should do it for every State.

Premise all you want, we kicked your asses out and have obama by the balls for the next two years.

That is the claim I dispute. but, like I said. You go with that thought. Lemme know how that works out for ya...

You actually think that Obama is suddenly going to work with them after being at war with them for 6 years?

You are a Derp tool for the left.
Do some research rather than just reading and listening to the lefts talking points, spins and lies.

Do some research rather than just reading and listening to the lefts talking points, spins and lies.

You all set?

Reid and Pelosi thought the same thing, until they found out they didn't.

Here's the real problem. What we are looking at is exhaustion. The GOP thought they had the upper hand between 2000 and 2004, when they stole the election and got back at the Clinton folks for their 'immorality'. And then they found out things didn't really change and they got tired and in 2006 and 2008, the Democrats gained the upper hand. Now the Democrats have lost interest.

So the GOP won by being slightly less apathetic.

It could very well be that the GOP might win the Presidency in 2016 if they nominate someone sane like Christy or Walker. But they are probably going to read the wrong things into it, and either nominate Bush or a crazy like Cruz.

More likely, though, the GOP did not fix its demographic problems, and the same factors that elected Obama twice will elect Hillary.

The Democrats still control the Senate next January? You're claiming that? LOL

You all set?

Yes I am.
I am fed up with both parties and if Washington does not start listening to the people rather than the lobbyists or the attitude that we know what's best for you, I will not vote for either party.
I will vote for anyone who does not have an R or D next to their names.
Americans are sick to death at being forced to do things by the progressives.

You all set?

Yes I am.
I am fed up with both parties and if Washington does not start listening to the people rather than the lobbyists or the attitude that we know what's best for you, I will not vote for either party.
I will vote for anyone who does not have an R or D next to their names.
Americans are sick to death at being forced to do things by the progressives.
Party reference needs to be removed from all ballots, and we need to leave voting to those that know the candidates and the issues and can vote without a D or R to guide them.

It will when the majority of voters start doing it.
Many people besides me are saying it.
There are more independents than there are Dem's or Repub's.

Not really. ALl you end up with are clowns getting elected because no one could bring himself to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Actually, pretty much describes the 2014 midterms. People stayed home, we ended up with a bunch of clowns.

good grief, it's the JOEY whining board since the elections last week

man how boring

It will when the majority of voters start doing it.
Many people besides me are saying it.
There are more independents than there are Dem's or Repub's.

Not really. ALl you end up with are clowns getting elected because no one could bring himself to vote for the lesser of two evils.

Actually, pretty much describes the 2014 midterms. People stayed home, we ended up with a bunch of clowns.

LOL a clown calling out other clowns bwhwhahahahah.

If only Joe's clowns had been elected,he could be crowing like an old rooster.Even in the face of a total ass kicking ,still can't face facts.

Party reference needs to be removed from all ballots, and we need to leave voting to those that know the candidates and the issues and can vote without a D or R to guide them.

Yeah. That will work well.

Hey, did you hear about the 1986 Democratic Primary in IL, where a couple of crazy LaRouchies got the nomination because no one knew who they were and they had nicer sounding names than the "Combine" candidates?

A party affiliation at least tells me that there was some kind of vetting process that happened.

IMHO, many Democrat voters are fed up with the party's inability to get legislation through congress. That's doesn't mean they are supporting a Republican agenda.
When I said, "The one thing they have not done is their job, creating meaningful legislation", I was speaking from the perspective of a voter. Maybe you think creating legislation strictly for political purposes that has no chance of passing is their job. I don't and millions of other voters agree.

right, because they can't pass more garbage bills that will strangle us more (like what SIZE soda cups you need to drink from) that must of been why Democrats stayed home. Because we all know they can't live their lives without Guberment telling them how to do it, right flopper?
man oh man you make Democrats look like they are "dependents" of the Federal Government

The fact is that most Americans be them Republicans, Democrats, or whatever depend on government. Republicans promise a small less expensive government but they have no intention of delivering on that promise. Notice how McConnell is backing off from his promise to repeal Obamacare now that Republicans control the Senate.

To make substantial cuts in government means cutting spending in areas such as defense, Medicare, Medicaid, Homeland Security, federal welfare programs, food stamps, health insurance subsidies, education, and thousands of programs that directly benefit both voters, and businesses. People will support government cuts as long as those cuts don't effect them. Americans may hate big government but they love those healthcare subsidies, Medicare and Medicaid benefits, food stamps, free and reduced school lunches, large defense contracts, new roads and bridges, government disaster aid, and protection from terrorist attacks. What Americans really want is all the goodies that big government provides without having to pay the piper.
“I am not on the ballot this fall. Michelle’s pretty happy about that. But make no mistake: These policies are on the ballot. Every single one of them,” Obama said in prepared remarks at Northwestern University.
What I find hard to believe that it was a prepared statement the arrogance of obama killed the democrats. I mean if obama faithful were behind him they would have made the effort because of that statement to go out and vote. But seems not many support obama's policies and the dems running for re-election paid the price for obama's arrogance
Except that those policies won every time. Minimum wage increase? Won. Marijuana? Won. Every progressive policy initiative that was on the ballot, won. But, democrats? Not so much. This wasn't a "vote against" progressivism. This was a resounding "Fuck off!" to Democrats who just have not had the balls to stand up for Progressives.
When did obama's policy on minimum wage get passed? When did obama have an agenda for legalizing pot?

Minimum Wage increases were approved in Alaska, Alabama, Illinois, Nebraska, and South Dakota. Recreational Marijuana initiatives were passed in Alaska, Oregon, and District of Columbia. It should also be noted that, even though it didn't pass, because Florida requires public initiatives to pass with a 60% super majority, Medical Marijuana approval did garner an impressive 57% of the popular vote in Florida. Like I said, Progressive initiatives won big all across the nation. It was Democrats that were rather given the big "Fuck You". This supports the theory that it is not progressivism, but Democrats refusal to support progressivism that led to the dismal performance of Democratic candidates Tuesday night.

Actually that's a misleading claim. Actually, about the same number of Blacks, Asians, young people, and women voted for Republicans as vote for Republicans in every election. That's kinda what the Republicans have going for them. Their base is steady. They can always count on them, in every election.

However, since fewer Blacks, Latinos, Asians, women, and especially young people voted in this election - as often happens during a mid-term election - the percentage of those demographics which "voted Republican" were, understandably higher.

My premise still stands.

Obama has been asking Republicans to compromise, and send him bills to sign for 6 years. It is the Republicans who keep demanding know why Obama won't "just do what we want him to". Guess what? If that is still their idea of "working with" them, they still won't get anything done, because he'll just veto their bullshit. Which is why I dispute Average Guy's silly contention that you "have Obama by the balls..." In fact, if you guys plan on governing with that approach, I can promise you that the next two years will be spent like the last 6 years, with nothing getting done.

Obama has been asking Republicans to compromise, and send him bills to sign for 6 years. It is the Republicans who keep demanding know why Obama won't "just do what we want him to". Guess what? If that is still their idea of "working with" them, they still won't get anything done, because he'll just veto their bullshit. Which is why I dispute Average Guy's silly contention that you "have Obama by the balls..." In fact, if you guys plan on governing with that approach, I can promise you that the next two years will be spent like the last 6 years, with nothing getting done.

And every time they made a compromise Obama changed the rules.
That is not compromising.

Okay. Let's be clear: "Defund Obamacare, and we'll sign your budget" is not compromise - it's extortion. Not once did Republicans offer compromise - they only offered varying concepts of "Give us what we want, or else," which isn't "compromise"; it's extortion. You really should learn the difference:

The following conversation is not an example of an attempt at "compromise"

"Obamacare is not available for negotiations during this budget discussion."

"Defund Obamacare, and we'll sign your budget,"

"No. Obamacare is not available for negotiations during this budget discussion."

"Okay. Remove the Individual Mandate from Obamacare, and we'll sign your budget,"

"No. Obamacare is not available for negotiations during this budget discussion."

"Okay. Delay implementing Obamacare for 6 months, and we'll sign your budget!"

"No. What part of 'Obamacare is not available for negotiations during this budget discussion.' did you not understand?"

"Well! there is just no working with you!!!"

Guess what? When you go into a negotiation demanding something that you already know is a non-starter, and you refuse to move beyond that non-starter, you don't get to, then, claim that you were "trying to compromise". At least, you don't get to do that, and expect to be taken seriously.

The Democrats still control the Senate next January? You're claiming that? LOL

Okay. Let's be clear: "Defund Obamacare, and we'll sign your budget" is not compromise - it's extortion. Not once did Republicans offer compromise - they only offered varying concepts of "Give us what we want, or else," which isn't "compromise"; it's extortion. You really should learn the difference:

The following conversation is not an example of an attempt at "compromise"

"Obamacare is not available for negotiations during this budget discussion."

"Defund Obamacare, and we'll sign your budget,"

"Okay. Remove the Individual Mandate from Obamacare, and we'll sign your budget,"

"Okay. Delay implementing Obamacare for 6 months, and we'll sign your budget!"

"No. What part of 'Obamacare is not available for negotiations during this budget discussion.' did you not understand?"

"Well! there is just no working with you!!!"

Guess what? When you go into a negotiation demanding something that you already know is a non-starter, and you refuse to move beyond that non-starter, you don't get to, then, claim that you were "trying to compromise". At least, you don't get to do that, and expect to be taken seriously.

At least they were listing to the majority of the people who don't want it or want it changed.
You can't expect one party to pass a huge government bill that costs over a trillion dollars and takes away 700 billion in Medicare and forces our young people to get health insurance or pay a penalty and not expect a fight.
The Bill was forced down out throats and Dem's would have never gotten it passed if they had not had the House, Senate and President.
When one party passes a bill that 55% does not want, expect a fight.

Blah, blah, blah, no compromise...blah, blah, blah, obstruction, blah, blah, blah, bullshit.

Well, at least you quit trying to call the bullshit Republicans were pulling "compromise". I suppose that is an improvement. Now, let's see if you can actually do something other than pass the 473rd repeal of Obamacare that will never see the light of day - or, what the rest of us like to call governing.

Forum List

Back