The Media Failed to Prepare Americans for the Trump Whiplash

By overturning the "net neutrality" that Obama signed into law and ill-informed among you considered to be "giving up control fo the internet". In reality, Obama was preventing anyone from controlling the internet. Now companies will be able to purchase faster access to your computer, pushing aside smaller, slower feeds. This of course favours larger, better financed broadcasters over smaller, less technically nimble players.

Faster internet access was being used by Wall Street brokers to make purchases nano-seconds ahead of others giving them price advantages, until this was shut down.

But since few people truly understood what was really going on with the "net neutrality" laws, they easily bought into the idea that Obama was "giving up control of the internet", when in fact he was preventing others from doing so for their own gain.

That isn't what they are talking about. They are talking about turning over ICANN to UN control
What part of Trump’s pick for FCC chair, Ajit Pai, wants to take a “weed whacker” to net neutrality is beyond your comprehension?

Swish, you struck out again

I heard Trump say it as well. Net Neutrality keeps those Wall Street assholes from buying/selling before the prices rises/drops as the case may be. It's only a fraction of a penny on each stock but on large transactions, the difference can be into the hundreds of thousands of dollars in a day.

The references were to ICANN, Mrs. Mao, not net neutrality. But go ahead and keep dumbing away

Then why did they say "net neutrality"? More than once. Why have the op ed pieces set out this guy's stance on Net Neutrality?

Internet spelling and grammar checking! Your parents must be so proud
Yes, they are! They raised a child who can spell properly. Thank you, public school system.

You're parents must feel shame and humiliation.

You're so stupid it's hysterical. You said that and in your two line post had a flagrant spelling error. What a moron

Really how is he doing that?

By overturning the "net neutrality" that Obama signed into law and ill-informed among you considered to be "giving up control fo the internet". In reality, Obama was preventing anyone from controlling the internet. Now companies will be able to purchase faster access to your computer, pushing aside smaller, slower feeds. This of course favours larger, better financed broadcasters over smaller, less technically nimble players.

Faster internet access was being used by Wall Street brokers to make purchases nano-seconds ahead of others giving them price advantages, until this was shut down.

But since few people truly understood what was really going on with the "net neutrality" laws, they easily bought into the idea that Obama was "giving up control of the internet", when in fact he was preventing others from doing so for their own gain.

That isn't what they are talking about. They are talking about turning over ICANN to UN control
What part of Trump’s pick for FCC chair, Ajit Pai, wants to take a “weed whacker” to net neutrality is beyond your comprehension?

Yes, you rarely are equipped to answer my straightforward questions. Every time I treat you like an adult I strike out. My bad.

You don't act like an adult, how can you treat someone like one?

I heard Trump say it as well. Net Neutrality keeps those Wall Street assholes from buying/selling before the prices rises/drops as the case may be. It's only a fraction of a penny on each stock but on large transactions, the difference can be into the hundreds of thousands of dollars in a day.

The references were to ICANN, Mrs. Mao, not net neutrality. But go ahead and keep dumbing away
You're a liar.

Nice job, you used "you're" right this time!

Did conservatives vote for Trump so that he can turn over the internet to corporations like Comcast, which owns NBC - the "Liberal Media"?

You used quotes wrong and you don't know how to capitalize. Liberal Media is not a proper name.

So, "Liberal Media"? should have been "liberal media?"

Quoting it was OK since your view is that the liberal media is not liberal, you just did it wrong

On net neutrality, noone owns the net and it should stay unregulated
Glad you've caught up.

What does this sentence say to you about the internet staying unregulated?

Trump’s pick for FCC chair, Ajit Pai, wants to take a “weed whacker” to net neutrality.
It means he wants the rules to stay as they were before net neutrality, which is the entire time until 1 or 2 years ago.
NO, the fight was to keep the net neutral, please read up on this, because I think we will face this fight again.

On net neutrality, noone owns the net and it should stay unregulated
Glad you've caught up.

What does this sentence say to you about the internet staying unregulated?

Trump’s pick for FCC chair, Ajit Pai, wants to take a “weed whacker” to net neutrality.
It means he wants the rules to stay as they were before net neutrality, which is the entire time until 1 or 2 years ago.
You're so fucking stupid. Net Neutrality is what we've had since the internet has been available to the public.

soooooo, why the need for the regulation?
You're SO fucking stupid. What regulation? Republicans are trying to skew the internet in favor of corporations, which would leave non-corporate sites with slower access. Like this forum. Would you like to wait 30 seconds or more every time you click a thread on USMB?

Read the Dragonlady posts in this thread until it permeates your thick skull, dumbass.

Again you capitalize the word "Internet"

Also, "like this forum" is a dependent clause so you can't use a period and treat it as a sentence. You could have ended the prior sentence with a comma and not capitalized "Like"

Yes, they are! They raised a child who can spell properly. Thank you, public school system.

You're so stupid it's hysterical. You said that and in your two line post had a flagrant spelling error. What a moron

Yep he's out of ammo when he attacks typos.

He also has a horrible command of the written language. I found a bunch of errors of his on the page he wrote that and they weren't typos, they were just wrong

He also has a horrible command of the written language. I found a bunch of errors of his on the page he wrote that and they weren't typos, they were just wrong

Ouch!!!!

But reading his posts, grammar is the least of his issues.

Ouch!!!!

But reading his posts, grammar is the least of his issues.

I agree. I was just making fun of him

Mocking humor obviously goes over YOU'RE head.
4i6Ckte.gif

Mocking humor obviously goes over YOU'RE head.
4i6Ckte.gif

Where did you do mocking humor?

Forum List

Back