Zone1 The Number One Driver Of The Debt Is The Bush, And Trump Tax Cuts ForThe Rich

Not if spending was seriously curtailed.

If, if, if.........I have little use for "if's" that every one knows is never going to happen. All the same, even if we cut to break even there is that $31 trillion in debt already on the books.

Doubling tax rates does not mean doubling tax revenues.

Look at the example of cigarette taxes. When the government proposed new health care programs for children, they explained it wouldn't cost you anything as it would paid by taxes on ciggies. If you don't smoke, its no cost to you. But then, a lot of smokers responded by cutting down or entirely quitting cigarette smoking and the taxpayers were screwed
So increasing the tax rate resulted in a decrease in health care spending and a resultant increase in worker productivity.
That's a win.

If, if, if.........I have little use for "if's" that every one knows is never going to happen. All the same, even if we cut to break even there is that $31 trillion in debt already on the books.
Saying that it isn't going to happen doesn't change the fact.

Oh gawd, shut the fuck up already about “Booooooosh” tax cuts.

When Obama had a supermajority Dem Congress, guess what he did? He kept the Bush Tax Cuts!!!!! That is when your side lost ALL credibility on taxes. Your side always fags out when it comes time to raise taxes, so you want Republicans to do it for you so they will get the unpopular blame for it.
The GOP was threatening to destroy the economy.
Obama decided against destroying the economy.

Bush 41 raised taxes
Clinton raised taxes.
Obama raised taxes.
Biden raised taxes.

And in every case the economy grew and boomed and the rate of debt increase shrunk

Reagan, Bush 43

Bush 41 raised taxes
Clinton raised taxes.
Obama raised taxes.
Biden raised taxes.

And in every case the economy grew and boomed and the rate of debt increase shrunk

Reagan, Bush 43
No, Obama bitched out and extended the Bush Tax cuts, he had a supermajority in Congress. You cannot blame Republicans one bit.

A few points to ponder:
  • The National Debt does not need to be paid off...ever. It is not like your personal finances. All that needs to happen is that it be serviced - the interest paid when due.
  • While both sides of Congress share responsibility for the massive DEFICITS, the Democrats are mainly at fault. They spend money, invariably, on programs that are unconstitutional, unwise, and unaffordable. Consider this: There is NO PROVISION WHATSOEVER in Article I that gives Congress the power to provide benefits to individual citizens. Nor does the President have that power. So consider SNAP benefits, housing subsidies, education grants, MEDICAID, "forgiving" student loans...the list is endless. All Democrat programs, all unconstitutional.
  • Democrats never understand the workings of a "dynamic" economy. That is to say, corporations and wealthy people RESPOND to changes in the tax code, and change their behavior accordingly. To suppose, as the OP does, that if the tax rates had remained as they were, the Government would be raking in mountains more money is a manifestation of total ignorance of this phenomenon. Think about it this way: If the corporate tax rate were increased to 80% of "profits," do you really think that revenues from corporate taxes would increase to four times what they are at 20%? If you do, you need to think a little deeper on the issue. Same concept applies to personal income tax. The only people who get fucked when the top marginal tax rate increases are sports stars who have to take it on the chin. Other high earners just change the way they handle their finances.
  • Nobody knows how much debt the U.S. can tolerate. We are already far beyond what anyone historically would have expected, and the dollar hasn't crashed, and Congress is as irresponsible today as it ever was.
  • Finally and most importantly, Social Security and Medicare are not part of this discussion. They are off-books activities, separately funded. FIT dollars MAY NOT be used to fund SS, and Congress WILL modify SS so that the "trust fund" doesn't go broke. You can count on it.
Parenthetically, if Congress ever goes completely off the rails and tries to implement "universal healthcare" (or whatever they call it), it will also have to be paid for by a separate "payroll" tax going into a "trust fund" set up for that purpose. Because they will never have the super-majority to get a Constitutional Amendment.
Reagan-Bush more than tripled the debt
Under Clinton it went up by <25%
Bush 2 doubled the debt.
It doubled under Obama as we recovered from the Bush Great Recession.
It went up by over 1/3 in Trump's 4 years.

What was your point again?

Bush 41 raised taxes
Clinton raised taxes.
Obama raised taxes.
Biden raised taxes.

Reagan, Bush 43
^^^
This is an alleged "republican"... :auiqs.jpg:

Always with the excuses. It's the debt that is going to destroy us.
So do something.
Raise taxes
Stop using the govt to funnel hundreds of billions to big private companies in the name of security

But, let's face it, you wasn't support any of those things so accept responsibility for destroying the U because you refused to support anything beyond killing old people and poor people.

No, Obama bitched out and extended the Bush Tax cuts, he had a supermajority in Congress. You cannot blame Republicans one bit.
No, he didn't.
The House went GOP in 2010. The time period we're discussing is 2011.

Got history?

So do something.
Raise taxes
Stop using the govt to funnel hundreds of billions to big private companies in the name of security

I'm for both but I'll let you in on a secret. I do not control either.

But, let's face it, you wasn't support any of those things so accept responsibility for destroying the U because you refused to support anything beyond killing old people and poor people.

English please.

I'm for both but I'll let you in on a secret. I do not control either.

English please.
That you can't read english and don't know how to post w/o looking dumb (in line quotes) is on you.
That you refuse to do anything to change that about which you whine is also on you.

That you can't read english and don't know how to post w/o looking dumb (in line quotes) is on you.
That you refuse to do anything to change that about which you whine is also on you.

I'll try and get some expert advice here.

Mindless rants help?

Waste of time to even discuss. Come back to reality.
That's right....Just refuse to even discuss the issue of spending, and try to tax your way out of over $30 trillion in debt.

Dumbfucks like you are the reason collapsitarians exist.

That's right....Just refuse to even discuss the issue of spending, and try to tax your way out of over $30 trillion in debt.

Dumbfucks like you are the reason collapsitarians exist.

I addressed the issue.

If not for the Bush tax cuts and their extensions—as well as the Trump tax cuts—revenues would be on track to keep pace with spending indefinitely, and the debt ratio... would be declining," a new
@amprog.
report finds.

View attachment 791017
1689179108263.jpeg

Forum List

Back