The Obama Boom

75% of the jobs created last year were part time.
LIAR!

Full time employment INCREASED by 2.6 million in 2015, and Part time employment DECREASED by 83,000.

Bureau of Labor Statistics Data

This was the article I was thinking of, I didn't see it was a couple of years old.

75 Percent Of Jobs Created This Year Were Part-Time Due To Weak Economy, Obamacare Concerns

Businesses Hired Mostly Part-Time Workers This Year

FOCUS! The OP is about how Republicans said that ObamaCare, ending the Bush Tax Cuts, and Dodd-Frank were all "job-killers". They swore that each would cause unemployment.

They were WRONG. Republicans/Conservatives are ALWAYS wrong!

Thank you for pointing out that I'm wasting my time, you've already made up your mind and don't care to be confused by facts. Bye
Unemployment is 5%. That's the only fact I need to show that Republicans and Conservatives were completely WRONG!

During the Bush years it was 5%, and they considered 5% to equate to 'full employment'. I think it's bullshit, but that was the conservative argument at the time.

Now it's back down to 5% and conservatives claim there is massive unemployment.

Can't have it both ways.

Was work force participation at a 40 year low when Bush had 5%, it is now. Nuff said.

A lot of people only kept jobs because they needed the insurance coverage. Now with ObamaCare they can join a Federal exchange, allowing them to retire or go back to school or whatever. My next door neighbor is a perfect example. He was a guy who got laid off from a mortgage company and got a job at a retail store checkout counter in order to keep insurance for him and his wife. Now he's retired, and on Medicare.

I don't think 65 year old retirees are counted in the labor force.
are 62 year old retirees included? just wondering? cuz a lot take early retirement at 62...

Thank you for pointing out that I'm wasting my time, you've already made up your mind and don't care to be confused by facts. Bye
Unemployment is 5%. That's the only fact I need to show that Republicans and Conservatives were completely WRONG!

During the Bush years it was 5%, and they considered 5% to equate to 'full employment'. I think it's bullshit, but that was the conservative argument at the time.

Can't have it both ways.

Was work force participation at a 40 year low when Bush had 5%, it is now. Nuff said.

A lot of people only kept jobs because they needed the insurance coverage. Now with ObamaCare they can join a Federal exchange, allowing them to retire or go back to school or whatever. My next door neighbor is a perfect example. He was a guy who got laid off from a mortgage company and got a job at a retail store checkout counter in order to keep insurance for him and his wife. Now he's retired, and on Medicare.

are 62 year old retirees included? just wondering? cuz a lot take early retirement at 62...

From the BLS glossary:

Labor force (Current Population Survey)
The labor force includes all persons classified as employed or unemployed in accordance with the definitions contained in this glossary.

Unemployed persons (Current Population Survey)
Persons aged 16 years and older who had no employment during the reference week, were available for work, except for temporary illness, and had made specific efforts to find employment sometime during the 4-week period ending with the reference week. Persons who were waiting to be recalled to a job from which they had been laid off need not have been looking for work to be classified as unemployed.

BLS Glossary

I guess they don't count either, because they aren't available for work.

FOCUS! The OP is about how Republicans said that ObamaCare, ending the Bush Tax Cuts, and Dodd-Frank were all "job-killers". They swore that each would cause unemployment.

Can't have it both ways.

One day you'll learn to read. I just know it! Good luck to you.

LIAR!

Full time employment INCREASED by 2.6 million in 2015, and Part time employment DECREASED by 83,000.

7f5d9b32a92f741b7ee0e7ef70bb49f5.png

Can't have it both ways.

One day you'll learn to read. I just know it! Good luck to you.

I'll be happy to take advice from you when you can prove you've never overlooked a date on an internet search.

Forget that Obama's out to destroy the American Dream, focus on all the good he's done
Conservatives are puppets on the plutocracy's string. Positives don't fit into the republican conservative narrative, it is a waste to lead some horses and people to reality. Partisan nonsense blinds, and ideology makes hell heaven for the believer. Now get out and support American workers and then you have done something. See my sig and links below.

"The national infatuation with pointless defense spending has generated expenditures that are utterly out of control. Spending rose gradually at first from its 1995 low, then soared after the terrorist attacks of 2001, reaching a high of $653 billion for fiscal year 2009 with no end in sight as the major presidential candidates had pledged to further increase the Pentagon's budget. They made these promises despite the fact that the United States at that time spent more on defense than all the rest of the world put together. China, the second most heavily armed state, had a military budget one-tenth the size of America's. Even the gigantic U.S. figure grossly underestimates the real costs of maintaining a bloated military establishment. The War Resisters League, a pacifist organization and therefore hardly impartial, compiled an interesting analysis of the full costs in fiscal year 2009 using official government publications. It is entitled "Where Your Income Tax Money Really Goes" and can be found on the organization's website, www.warresisters.org/pages/piechart.htm. As we have seen, the Pentagon's books are impossible to audit, but using publications from the Congressional Budget Office and other sources the League was able to paint a better and darker picture than one finds in most discussions of military costs." pps 387,388 'A Bubble in Time: America During the Interwar Years, 1989-2001' by William L. O'Neill

WRL Pie Chart Flyers - Where Your Income Tax Money Really Goes

"The flat taxers like to run around with Lake Wobegone economics where we are all going to pay less and still have the same amount of money, but the world doesn’t work that way. We have tried reducing taxes to raise revenue. People remember Reagan’s tax cuts and the large deficits they led to. They remember Bush’s tax cuts and the large deficits they led to....No one is going to fall for this trick yet again. When we cut taxes on the rich, we get less money and the rest of us will have to make up the shortfall." Secrets of the Flat Tax

"There is no historical evidence that tax cuts spur economic growth. The highest period of growth in U.S. history (1933-1973) also saw its highest tax rates on the rich: 70 to 91 percent. During this period, the general tax rate climbed as well, but it reached a plateau in 1969, and growth slowed down five years later. Almost all rich nations have higher general taxes than the U.S., and they are growing faster as well." Tax cuts spur economic growth

"Reagan continued these "modest rollbacks" in his second term. The historic Tax Reform Act of 1986, though it achieved the supply side goal of lowering individual income tax rates, was a startlingly progressive reform. The plan imposed the largest corporate tax increase in history–an act utterly unimaginable for any conservative to support today. Just two years after declaring, "there is no justification" for taxing corporate income, Reagan raised corporate taxes by $120 billion over five years and closed corporate tax loopholes worth about $300 billion over that same period." Newsflash: Ronald Reagan Raised Taxes (You Idiots) - Shadowproof

Sam Brownback's Conservative Kansas Experiment

"Historian Phillips-Fein traces the hidden history of the Reagan revolution to a coterie of business executives, including General Electric official and Reagan mentor Lemuel Boulware, who saw labor unions, government regulation, high taxes and welfare spending as dire threats to their profits and power. From the 1930s onward, the author argues, they provided the money, organization and fervor for a decades-long war against New Deal liberalism—funding campaigns, think tanks, magazines and lobbying groups, and indoctrinating employees in the virtues of unfettered capitalism."
Invisible Hands: The Making of the Conservative Movement from the New Deal to Reagan: Kim Phillips-Fein: 9780393059304: Amazon.com: Books

Reagan and Taxes
[POLL] - Liberals, how much is a "fair share?" - Taxes

The hiveminded collective commenting on Conservatives, priceless

First of all the belief that the Obama Stimulus "made a big positive difference" is wishful thinking at best.
I already gave you a list of links from many sources which show and prove the success of the stimulus.

I can't waste time re-arguing with your willful ignorance. Sorry.

Answer one simple question for me then Synth? Why DID the Obama Administration have to invent that "jobs created or saved" statistic?

LOL...I don't think you CAN...because there's only one reason and that's that the stimulus didn't create jobs!

More jobs and the median income is down, what else can you expect form a part-time economy created by maobamacare? Employers hire two or three people part-time to do what a full time employee used to do. More working, much lower income per worker. But hey, you can count them as jobs, RIGHT?
At least you are able to focus on the word 'jobs'. But you still haven't admitted that the Republicans were dead wrong with their predictions.

We're getting there!

p.s. I would add another: where is the rampant inflation that Republicans promised would happen under President Obama (praise be unto Him!)?

Where is the $5.00 or $8.00 gas that Republicans promised if President Obama (praise be unto Him!) was re-elected?

Republicans are ALWAYS wrong.

Were republicans really wrong, 75% of the jobs created last year were part time. Because of that the median family income is consistently losing ground, regressive policies are a direct cause of this and your only response is to force the employer to pay his workers more. It's totally unrealistic to expect someone working 30 hours a week or less to make enough to sustain a family.

As far as inflation goes, you don't get a lot of it when the worlds economy is in the shiter, food costs are still going up 2-3% a year. Food costs are putting a squeeze on families and right now their only saving grace is the fact the worlds economy is so bad that energy use has declined drastically, while supply has remained constant.

Can't have it both ways.
Yep and under Bush, when unemployment was at 5%. Liberals said we were in a recession. The difference is under Bush 5% were mostly full time jobs. Under Obama 5% mostly part time jobs and we have record number of people on welfare. So your op is a failure.

That boom is the fed inflated corpse that's about to explode. That pig can't be dressed up anymore:

Almost 50 trillion wealth transfer
19 trillion in debt
wealth confiscation
low velocity of movement
schilling pe is almost double the normal at 27 to 16.
retail sales have tanked
high unemployment around 23 percent
47 million on food stamps
100 million out of work

Republicans are always wrong:

The Obama Boom

Do you remember the “Bush boom”? Probably not. Anyway, the administration of George W. Bush began its tenure with a recession, followed by an extended “jobless recovery.” By the summer of 2003, however, the economy began adding jobs again. The pace of job creation wasn’t anything special by historical standards, but conservatives insisted that the job gains after that trough represented a huge triumph, a vindication of the Bush tax cuts.

So what should we say about the Obama job record? Private-sector employment — the relevant number, as I’ll explain in a minute — hit its low point in February 2010. Since then we’ve gained 14 million jobs, a figure that startled even me, roughly double the number of jobs added during the supposed Bush boom before it turned into the Great Recession. If that was a boom, this expansion, capped by last month’s really good report, outbooms it by a wide margin.

Does President Obama deserve credit for these gains? No. In general, presidents and their policies matter much less for the economy’s performance than most people imagine. Times of crisis are an exception, and the Obama stimulus plan enacted in 2009 made a big positive difference. But that stimulus faded out fast after 2010, and has very little to do with the economy’s current situation.

The point, however, is that politicians and pundits, especially on the right, constantly insist that presidential policies matter a lot. And Mr. Obama, in particular, has been attacked at every stage of his presidency for policies that his critics allege are “job-killing” — the former House speaker, John Boehner, once used the phrase seven times in less than 14 minutes. So the fact that the Obama job record is as good as it is tells you something about the validity of those attacks.

What did Mr. Obama do that was supposed to kill jobs? Quite a lot, actually. He signed the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial reform, which critics claimed would crush employment by starving businesses of capital. He raised taxes on high incomes, especially at the very top, where average tax rates rose by about six and a half percentage points after 2012, a step that critics claimed would destroy incentives. And he enacted a health reform that went into full effect in 2014, amid claims that it would have catastrophic effects on employment.

Yet none of the dire predicted consequences of these policies have materialized. It’s not just that overall job creation in the private sector — which was what Mr. Obama was supposedly killing — has been strong. More detailed examinations of labor markets also show no evidence of predicted ill effects. For example, there’s no evidence that Obamacare led to a shift from full-time to part-time work, and no evidence that the expansion of Medicaid led to large reductions in labor supply.

So what do we learn from this impressive failure to fail? That the conservative economic orthodoxy dominating the Republican Party is very, very wrong.

*snip*

More at the link.

50% of Americans now make less than $30,000 a year. That isn't a "boom"...that's the sign that your economy is staggering along. That's what seven years of Barry has wrought.

I agree. The economy is slowly improving even with Obamas less than stellar contributions.

Its been eight years and the economy is still just limping along.

Its sure as hell ain't nothing to brag about.
There has not been a single year under Commander Clueless that the economy has grown by more than 4%. Under Bush there were 5 such years.
Link?

Or are you going to be a little bitch in two ongoing threads?
www.gofuckyourself.com

More jobs and the median income is down, what else can you expect form a part-time economy created by maobamacare? Employers hire two or three people part-time to do what a full time employee used to do. More working, much lower income per worker. But hey, you can count them as jobs, RIGHT?
At least you are able to focus on the word 'jobs'. But you still haven't admitted that the Republicans were dead wrong with their predictions.

We're getting there!

p.s. I would add another: where is the rampant inflation that Republicans promised would happen under President Obama (praise be unto Him!)?

Where is the $5.00 or $8.00 gas that Republicans promised if President Obama (praise be unto Him!) was re-elected?

Republicans are ALWAYS wrong.

Were republicans really wrong, 75% of the jobs created last year were part time. Because of that the median family income is consistently losing ground, regressive policies are a direct cause of this and your only response is to force the employer to pay his workers more. It's totally unrealistic to expect someone working 30 hours a week or less to make enough to sustain a family.

As far as inflation goes, you don't get a lot of it when the worlds economy is in the shiter, food costs are still going up 2-3% a year. Food costs are putting a squeeze on families and right now their only saving grace is the fact the worlds economy is so bad that energy use has declined drastically, while supply has remained constant.

Can't have it both ways.
During the Bush years it was frequently below 5%. 5% was near the very top of the unemployment range. Under Commandante Zero 5% is the best he can hope for, and even that is due mainly to people giving up looking for work.

LIAR!

This was the article I was thinking of, I didn't see it was a couple of years old.

75 Percent Of Jobs Created This Year Were Part-Time Due To Weak Economy, Obamacare Concerns

This is what I love about the Right, even after exposing the original lie by supplying the actual data, the liars simply cite a fellow liar without even checking the second lie against the data they were handed on a silver platter.

In 2013, the year of your lying article, FT employment INCREASED by 1.5 million and PT employment DECREASED by 176,000.

LIAR!

This is what I love about the Right, even after exposing the original lie by supplying the actual data, the liars simply cite a fellow liar without even checking the second lie against the data they were handed on a silver platter.

In 2013, the year of your lying article, FT employment INCREASED by 1.5 million and PT employment DECREASED by 176,000.

Are you saying one of the regressives favorite sources, the huffy puffy post lies? Really? I am so shocked!

Republicans are always wrong:

The Obama Boom

Do you remember the “Bush boom”? Probably not. Anyway, the administration of George W. Bush began its tenure with a recession, followed by an extended “jobless recovery.” By the summer of 2003, however, the economy began adding jobs again. The pace of job creation wasn’t anything special by historical standards, but conservatives insisted that the job gains after that trough represented a huge triumph, a vindication of the Bush tax cuts.

So what should we say about the Obama job record? Private-sector employment — the relevant number, as I’ll explain in a minute — hit its low point in February 2010. Since then we’ve gained 14 million jobs, a figure that startled even me, roughly double the number of jobs added during the supposed Bush boom before it turned into the Great Recession. If that was a boom, this expansion, capped by last month’s really good report, outbooms it by a wide margin.

Does President Obama deserve credit for these gains? No. In general, presidents and their policies matter much less for the economy’s performance than most people imagine. Times of crisis are an exception, and the Obama stimulus plan enacted in 2009 made a big positive difference. But that stimulus faded out fast after 2010, and has very little to do with the economy’s current situation.

The point, however, is that politicians and pundits, especially on the right, constantly insist that presidential policies matter a lot. And Mr. Obama, in particular, has been attacked at every stage of his presidency for policies that his critics allege are “job-killing” — the former House speaker, John Boehner, once used the phrase seven times in less than 14 minutes. So the fact that the Obama job record is as good as it is tells you something about the validity of those attacks.

What did Mr. Obama do that was supposed to kill jobs? Quite a lot, actually. He signed the 2010 Dodd-Frank financial reform, which critics claimed would crush employment by starving businesses of capital. He raised taxes on high incomes, especially at the very top, where average tax rates rose by about six and a half percentage points after 2012, a step that critics claimed would destroy incentives. And he enacted a health reform that went into full effect in 2014, amid claims that it would have catastrophic effects on employment.

Yet none of the dire predicted consequences of these policies have materialized. It’s not just that overall job creation in the private sector — which was what Mr. Obama was supposedly killing — has been strong. More detailed examinations of labor markets also show no evidence of predicted ill effects. For example, there’s no evidence that Obamacare led to a shift from full-time to part-time work, and no evidence that the expansion of Medicaid led to large reductions in labor supply.

So what do we learn from this impressive failure to fail? That the conservative economic orthodoxy dominating the Republican Party is very, very wrong.

*snip*

More at the link.

50% of Americans now make less than $30,000 a year. That isn't a "boom"...that's the sign that your economy is staggering along. That's what seven years of Barry has wrought.

I agree. The economy is slowly improving even with Obamas less than stellar contributions.

Its been eight years and the economy is still just limping along.

Its sure as hell ain't nothing to brag about.
There has not been a single year under Commander Clueless that the economy has grown by more than 4%. Under Bush there were 5 such years.
Link?

Or are you going to be a little bitch in two ongoing threads?
www.gofuckyourself.com
I accept your surrender.

Now sit down and shut up.

LIAR!

Are you saying one of the regressives favorite sources, the huffy puffy post lies? Really? I am so shocked!
The CON$ervative writers on HufPo always lie like everyone on the Right.

But nice dodge of the fact that you couldn't figure out that your Right-wing source was lying even AFTER I gave you links to the data, which is exactly why the Right lies to stupid SUCKERS like you!!!

LIAR!

The CON$ervative writers on HufPo always lie like everyone on the Right.

But nice dodge of the fact that you couldn't figure out that your Right-wing source was lying even AFTER I gave you links to the data, which is exactly why the Right lies to stupid SUCKERS like you!!!

Well evidently the regressive left lies to suckers like you, I just found a source you regressives love to quote. You're most likely one in a million regressives that would fact check one of your most trusted sources. Damn shame there's not more, maybe you folks wouldn't be so ignorant.

Forum List

Back