The OLDER Official Discussion Thread for the creation of Israel, the UN and the British Mandate

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Jewish people should be safe first.
Then they can stay safe in Israel, behind their wall. That doesn't necessitate a state religion. So I remain unmoved. The reason is still religion, even if you blame it on another religion.

Then they can stay safe in Israel, behind their wall. That doesn't necessitate a state religion. So I remain unmoved. The reason is still religion, even if you blame it on another religion.
Israel is not a religious State, it is a Secular State, created by Secular Jews.

You are not moved? So what?

Islam is basing their desire to destroy Israel on their religious beliefs and ideology.

Israel has nothing to do with what islam or Christianity want, which is the destruction of Israel, because they cannot accept the existence of a Jewish State. It is part of their ideology.

Israel exists for the protection of the Jewish people against what has happened during the 1700 years before it reconstitution, and especially what both religions have again proven they are capable of against the Jewish people in the last 100 years.

Too many Christians and Muslims want all the Jews dead.

The Jews say "We are alive and will continue to live"

Sure. Let's take all the states in the world with a national character and then CHANGE the rules. And make the Jews go first.

Sounds like there are special rules for Jews.

Why shouldn't all the Muslim states go first? Why not the Christian states?

Israel is not a religious State, it is a Secular State, created by Secular Jews.
False. Israel has a state religion and its government is intertwined with jewish religious institutions.

But, if it is as secular as you (and I agree that Jews are pretty secular), then ending these practices will be easy.

Or not. I say, not.

Sure. Let's take all the states in the world with a national character and then CHANGE the rules.
I'm not changing any rules. I just wish Israel would become a true, secular state. That's all. I wish the same for for the others.

Sure. Let's take all the states in the world with a national character and then CHANGE the rules.
I'm not changing any rules. I just wish Israel would become a true, secular state. That's all. I wish the same for for the others.

Yeah. You are changing the rules. Never in he history if he world has there been a rule that states must be secular. Suddenly, there is. Because of Jews. (Ironic as hell with all the Muslim states who rule under true religious law).

Demand Islam goes first. The. I'll believe it has nothing to do the Jews and antisemitism.

Never in he history if he world has there been a rule that states must be secular
I never implied there was or is. What is this red herring nonsense...?

And you are getting defensive for no reason, I promise you. I certainly am not blaming the Jews for the actions of their belligerent, cultish neighbors. This thread is about Israel. You have me all wrong.

Never in he history if he world has there been a rule that states must be secular
I never implied there was or is. What is this red herring nonsense...?

And you are getting defensive for no reason, I promise you. I certainly am not blaming the Jews for the actions of their belligerent, cultish neighbors. This thread is about Israel. You have me all wrong.

Good. Prove it.

For thousands of years there has been NO call for secular states. Yet suddenly, the Jewish state is re-constituted and everyone expects secular states to be the thing. Why is that, do you think?

Israel has every right to design its statehood for its people around the existing laws and rules and generally accepted guidelines. Calling for a change of guidelines because .... Israel .... doesn't look good.

I'd be happy for you to prove me wrong and demonstrate your support for the Jewish people in exercising their right to self determination.

Fine. When all the Muslim countries have become completely secular states then ask the same if Jews.

They can go first.
Exactly. And religion continues to poison everything....

It's not because of religion that they can go first.

It's because of thousands of years of pograms, oppression and genocide of the Jewish people. The Jewish people should be safe first.
Then who is responsible?

The people perpetrating the atrocities are ALWAYS responsible.
please explain further.

But again why change the rules because ... Jews.
Hmm, no. Again, same "rules" in my mind for Muslims. And Christians. And all other assorted voodoo priests.
Now, if only you would make clear what you are talking about, then we can really have a discussion about it.
Fine. When all the Muslim countries have become completely secular states then ask the same if Jews.
Yep, religion poisons everything.
Nope, you are poisoning the well by judging Israel without knowing anything about Israel.

Which is common with people who come to threads and yell "Religion " , and want any and all religion to go away.....but only when it comes to Israel.....because Israel is the root of all problems in the world.......

I have seen it before, and you are showing me the same thing again. It never changes.

So, what does all of these discussion have to do with the Creation of Israel and the Mandate for Palestine?

I must have taken a left turn somewhere and missed the road to nowhere .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back