The Post-Trump GOP

Republicans are being short sighted

Pandering to the MAGA crowd may help them win with the older, white Christians who fear their loss of power.

But younger Americans and minorities are repulsed by the actions of the far right. They are lost forever

I think the Republicans are very capable of alienating conservatives if they put their mind to it.

The Late John McCain and Mitt Romney were tremendous in doing that. But the key of the LP folks is to expel the base from the Republican Party so they can reassert control.

John McCain was a Maverick. He would back his party but when given a choice between party and his state, he would do what was in the best interest of his state.

Romney is a devout Mormon. As such, he is repulsed by Trump and his antics. He votes accordingly

McCain was willing to betray his party for good press. He thought that would get him in the White House.

But you people turned on his, on a dime. Because everything you say, is a bullshit. so reversing course is easy for you.

That you took him back afterwards, and that he accepted that, is him being a broken old man.
McCain backed Republicans on Trumpcare, he voted for it.

However, when Republicans pivoted and went to a blind repeal of Obamacare without anything to cover those who would lose coverage......He gave a thumbs down
Bunk. He opposed it to fuck Trump.

Nobody wants to actually fuck tRump, believe that. It is why he has to pay the Stormy Daniels of the world.

MAGA
Your post is too stupid to bother with a substantive reply.

Last edited:
Pandering to the MAGA crowd may help them win with the older, white Christians who fear their loss of power.
But younger Americans and minorities are repulsed by the actions of the far right. They are lost forever
Might be true, but the Dems are making a big mistake if they assume too much. They're certainly capable of going too far, as well.

This is why I don't like seeing the GOP turn into a fuckin' psycho ward like this. We need (at least) two strong parties.

When I checked the website of the Dem's national convention in 2016, it took me 15 minutes of clicking around until I saw the first picture of a white male who wasn't obviously depicted as gay.

It's all nice and fine when Democrats care for the issues of non-whites and other minorities ... but if they give a damn about white workers, they shouldn't be surprised when 70% of them then vote for someone like Trump.
This is a very large part of why Trump won in 2016 and why the Dems underperformed in November. The Regressive Left wing of the party -- the illiberal, authoritarian end that pushes Political Correctness, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture -- has damaged the party considerably.

And, just as the Trumpsters are refusing to look clearly and honestly in the mirror, so is the Regressive Left. As I always say, the two ends of our political spectrum can be comically similar in their behaviors.

We are NOT using mob violence to terrorize our enemies, and arresting people that defend themselves.

So, the similarities, are not very impressive.
He does not seem to care, and in fact has shown that he revels in the "fuck you" he is watching. I would conclude that he does not believe that we are dead fucking serious.

Texas is GONE. Leaving. It may not be this year, or next year, but the sentiment is real and serious. We are getting the fuck out one way or another. If it's peaceful, great. But, I suspect that the powerbrokers will not give up on the world's 10th largest economy that easily. I am at peace with that eventuality and will die for it.

I don't know how this will shake out

I do know that if they want to marginalize and oppress the single largest ethnic group in the country, that there will be civil unrest that will START at the level of the 60s and grow from there.

I do.
Biden is President.
You won't do shit.
Please keep saying that.

The more you run your shrill mouth, the more this becomes likely:

no-texas-map.gif

Your pictures make you look so brave! Behind your keyboard!
He did this all day yesterday. He thinks this is threatening somehow.

Go. Split. Take Texas. There's plenty of room for all you paranoids to shoot your guns at trees.

Sheesh.

Except, you dems would not let him/us go. You would fight. So, you are talking shit. Again.
I'm just trying to help you guys with your feelz.

You keep talking about civil war and secession, so I'm just trying to help.

Dismissing our grievances as "feelz" is you throwing gasoline on the fire. People are dying in the streets and you are still fanning the flames of division and partisan hate.

Does that seem like a good idea to you, or have you just stopped thinking?

The problem is today those so called grieviences that have festered in white males for 40 years do not matter to the younger generation. They are tired of the whining, voting for old white men who simply feed what they want to hear, do nothing to fix the problems, simply feed the lobbyists who support them.

I actually hear this in my own family and listening to others. The generation of anger is slowly dying out, the young are moving in and if you do not keep up you will be knocked aside.

Just like the older Greatest Generation built the Middle Class the View attachment 430670Baby Boomers tore it down. Now the young are fed up. It will not happen over night but you are seeing the last gasps of White superiority.

We have had a bi-partisan consensus against ws, since the dems flipped on the issue in the mid 60s.

That you pretend that our grievances TODAY, are about that, is infuriating and unjust.

The young? As they grow up and have to deal with the fact that they are second class citizens, will wake up.

The first time they don't get a job they deserve, because, WS, they might suck it up as deserved.

The second and third too.

When they have a family that they can't provide for, because of ws, and people like you are telling them to suck it up, because ws,

they will eventually wake up.

And, they will realize that they were lied to. A lot. And fucked. A lot.
So how do you propose to turn back the clock? Of course the set asides,busing, other things were not handled well by Congress. They actually destroyed the cities with that ill advised rule. I have talked to many black parents who moved with us to the suburbs because they wanted their Schools fixed, not bused to the other side of town We all now live in an integrated suburb, vey happy.

I am not going to tell you there was not good reason years ago. I just know the young do not carry all those grievances and they are voting like crazy. They have other concerns. Their classmates being shot down, College expenses out of sight, decent well paying jobs, Climate Change.

Don't put words in my mouth. I said nothing of "clock".

That is your stupid talk of ws, still.

I was talking about our ACTUAL grievances. Perhaps if you are going to address my post, do me the courtesy of addressing what I actually said.

Step one, drop the ws shit. YOu know that is fucking bullshit and when you throw it, you are being a fucking monkey.
I addressed your grievances. You just do not like what I answered. You can carry a grievance for the rest of your life, wallow in it, does not solve one problem you have. You can do that or move on, improve your life. The choice is yours alone.

Jobs are lost, people lose loved ones, adversity happens to all of us. What you do with the rest of your life is up to you. Men and Women went back, learned new skills when all the plants closed in the Bush recession, moved on to be more successful. Others are still whining today. Life is what you make it, trust me, I know.

1. No, you called me a ws and addressed that. That was you being an asshole.

2. My life and the lives of my people, have been and will continue to be negatively impacted by your side's polices. That is a source of grievance that we cannot walk away from, because it is you with the power of government coming after us.

3. That you dismiss that as "whining" is just you being an asshole. Do you like seeing people die in the streets? Because this is how you get people dying in the streets.

And your sides policies delivered huge deficits, giant bailouts, couldn't hit 3% gdp growth, most pandemic deaths, failed to give the best healthcare. Your sides policies are a failure.

I disagree with your analysis but the point is, that they were not targeted with the intent of causing harm to a group of Americans, and marginalizing them.

IN the context of this discussion, that you jumped into, your comment is off topic.
Well what do you disagree with? Record deficits, trillion dollar last year before the pandemic. Trumps tariffs hurt manufacturing and led to the giant farmer bailout. trump did not hit 3% gdp growth. We do have the most pandemic deaths. He failed on healthcare. Your policies are a failure. Post trump gop better find some policy that works.

DOesn't matter. It is off topic. What part of off topic did you not get?

Oh, wait. I get it. YOu know that your side's polices ARE targeted to harm people like me, and you support that and want to derail the discussion to hide that fact.

I understand now.

Ok. I busted you, this is the part where you stone wall. Some personal attacks as additional distraction is normal.

Go.
I just explained how your policy hurt the whole country. Clearly you can't defend the failures.

Weak. Couldn't even work in a wace card play.

My point stands.

We have had a bi-partisan consensus against ws, since the dems flipped on the issue in the mid 60s.

That you pretend that our grievances TODAY, are about that, is infuriating and unjust.

The young? As they grow up and have to deal with the fact that they are second class citizens, will wake up.

The first time they don't get a job they deserve, because, WS, they might suck it up as deserved.

The second and third too.

When they have a family that they can't provide for, because of ws, and people like you are telling them to suck it up, because ws,

they will eventually wake up.

And, they will realize that they were lied to. A lot. And fucked. A lot.
What are you babbling about? The policy you support is a failure.

Which is irrelevant to the discussion you joined.

As I explained to you.

And I further called that you would now stonewall. As you are doing.
It's very telling you can't defend all the failed policy. You must really hate your country.
What failed policy?

Quite the opposite. Trump is just one person. The problem is those who enable him.
But your side keeps babbling about how much you hate trump without mentioning that who you really hate is yrump voters

and you avoid admitting that democrat voter fraud is a crime against 74 million plus American citizens
Talk to someone who hates, not me.

Voter fraud is a crime. It just didn't happen here. You have been lied to.

I don't require your agreement.
I'm sure there was fraud probably on the same level of other elections, but just not enough to flip even Wisc.

The fact the Trumpanzees cannot face is that the mail in ballot laws in swing states were passed by REPUBLICANS because they've used mail in more than dems before covid, which has affected the urban less well off harder …. although the second wave is scything through Kan and the Dakotas (fewer people)

Colo probably has the best system, but it's expensive because everyone gets mailed a ballot whether or not they want to vote. But it shouldn't be that hard to distribute mail in ballots with some kind of return envelope that was sent directly to a voter who asked for a ballot.

I sorta like voting in person because my voting place is small and just the neighbors show up. Several people commented that I didn't seem to be having fun pruning shrubs with a chain saw

What's the evidence that Republicans passed Colorado's mail-in ballot law?

I've read a couple of times in the past weeks, "Trump is gone, but Trumpism isn't". Though I hope very much this isn't true.

My concerns are less about most of Trump's policies, but his style: That he was running the country on a maximum of division, and that he constantly denied facts and truth, but rather made fuss about fake news stories from the weirdest sources. He constantly fueled distrust and suspicion of the institutions of a constitutional republic, not least by pissing on the Constitution by ignoring the will of the people and attempting to steal the election after he lost.

Trump is a prime example for "party above country", or rather "my own power above country" and for "winning over being right".

A President who uses lying and disinformation as his main tactic for governing is dangerous for any free, constitutional republic. Because constant lying, fake news and disinformation erodes the very basis the republic is founded on.

It's sad to see what the once "Grand Old Party" has become. They used to have decent people like Reagan, Bush sr., John McCain ... people you didn't need to agree with, but whom you could respect as decent people who have the best of the country at their hearts.

I really hope this party comes back to its senses.

Word

I agreed with about 80% of Orange Jesus's policies

But the guy has no business being near the WH. He's a lying narcissistic whiner who puts himself above the country and would sell his worshippers down the river in a heartbeat. How he has behaved after the election will mean he will go down as one of the worst Presidents in history as he has tried to overturn an election, attacked our institutions, and tried to deny the sovereign will of the people. He's a tin-pot dictator wannabe from one of these shithole countries he denigrates.

Yes, I'm very cautious about Trump giving up international cooperation and "the West", but I do agree with the general idea of some things he did. For example, I think globalized unlimited free trade must be scaled back. Or that allowing massive illegal immigration is not a good thing. Or that Germany (my country) must pay more for NATO.

That said? Such a divisive person who constantly fueled hate and mistrust, by calling even peaceful protestors against police violence "terrorists", who smears and insults veterans, who mocks and makes fun of handicapped people, who calls for violence in his name on national tv should he lose the election (his remark towards the "Proud Boys" during the debate), who even fails to distance from white suprematists or conspiracy lunatics when directly asked about them ... really, such a person just is not fit for office when it comes to his basic character.
You touched on Germany paying more. Obama had already been working on that but little was known. That is one of the huge grievances heard from the average worker for 40 years. The Marshall plan should have been abandoned long ago. Workers watched tax breaks being given by a Lobbyist owned Congress to send plants over seas, Workers turned their anger on the wrong people.NAFTA, a Bush program but foolishly signed by Clinton cemented the anger.

I'm all in favor of the EU developing stronger defense capabilities. Ideally, that should happen in alliance with the US, not against it ... but the experience European leaders made in the past four years, that they had to realize America no longer is a reliable partner, might have been just the wake up-call they needed. Or so I hope.

IOW, They realize that our pocketbook is no longer free for them to pick, I say good.

I think the Republicans are very capable of alienating conservatives if they put their mind to it.

The Late John McCain and Mitt Romney were tremendous in doing that. But the key of the LP folks is to expel the base from the Republican Party so they can reassert control.

John McCain was a Maverick. He would back his party but when given a choice between party and his state, he would do what was in the best interest of his state.

Romney is a devout Mormon. As such, he is repulsed by Trump and his antics. He votes accordingly

McCain was willing to betray his party for good press. He thought that would get him in the White House.

But you people turned on his, on a dime. Because everything you say, is a bullshit. so reversing course is easy for you.

That you took him back afterwards, and that he accepted that, is him being a broken old man.
McCain backed Republicans on Trumpcare, he voted for it.

However, when Republicans pivoted and went to a blind repeal of Obamacare without anything to cover those who would lose coverage......He gave a thumbs down
Bunk. He opposed it to fuck Trump.

Nobody wants to actually fuck tRump, believe that. It is why he has to pay the Stormy Daniels of the world.

MAGA
Your post is too stupid to bother with a substantive reply.

Did ewe say something?

They have other concerns.
Their classmates being shot down
Their classmates have a better chance of getting struck by lightning 15 times and dying in 10 auto accidents on the way to school than being shot down. This concern is nothing more than media driven hysteria for political reasons.

College expenses out of sight
Yet, nobody blames academia for the 10 fold increase in tuition. 20 years ago I went to an in-state Texas university. Total cost out the door was under $50,000. I don't even wanna think about what it is now. And it's all tuition driven. Somebody's getting ripped off.
decent well paying jobs
I wonder what drives down the job market. Could it be? Saturation of the unskilled job market by illegal for nationals that drives down wages across-the-board? Why yes. Yes it is. Congratulations. You just opened up the floodgates again.
Climate Change
another media driven call lyrically motivated bit of hysteria.

The world is not going to end in 12 years. Every time we try to ask for the worst case scenario the worst we get is rising sea levels. This is a classic example of the cure being worse than the disease. So much like Covid it's ridiculous. And this is driving one of the most authoritarian schemes ever devised.

But when we try to talk about this stuff, all we get is insults, allegations of racism sexism homophobia, etc.

Do you see why we would rather just shoot it out there to try to convince anyone anymore? Can you blame us?

I really hope no one is afraid of our guns. I hope they are so bold that they start some shit we get to finish. We need some good old fashion retribution. The blood lust is nearly insatiable.

Keep running your shrill mouth. It helps our cause. Eventually it will get to the point where you have to decide whether or not you were going to send your own people to stop Texas from being independent. It's not a question of "if" but "when and how."

Either way, Texas is GONE!!!
So what's the time frame on this?

When will Texas be gone?

Lay it out for us.
Hard to say.

Keep being you and it'll be faster.

:beer:
Looking forward to it!
Blame it on everyone but you. There have been Mexican workers in this Country since I was small. They followed the crops.

Canada has a system where they inform Mexico how many workers they need. They work, then go home. God forbid the ignorant old men in Congress come up with a solution. Arrest the poor workers instead of going after the companies that hire them. Our produce is rotting in the fields while idiots whine about them illegals.

The United States has farm workers coming up by the thousands every year. That is fine by most Americans. It's the ones that sneak over the border, they are here illegally and they don't want to go back to Mexico, or other Latin countries. There are legal avenues that migrant workers can come to the US every summer, work and leave, more power to them. They are not the ones we are talking about.

How the heck can someone buy a house with no job, meth head joe?

Put down the bottle, buddy....

Apparently Obama and his wing man Holder didn't agree that it was torture.

Otherwise, W and Cheney would have been extradited to The Hague for the war crimes.

They probably should have been, but really, we don't do that sort of thing.

I see a splinter as those smart enough will run from the Trump legacy and there will be those who will repeat that legacy of hate. The policy of hate got him to the big game. Yet it can also said that it is the reason he lost in the 2nd quarter. It will be hard for those to ignore his base and will seek to kiss the don's hand in gaining access to this base. I can only say good luck with that. Make the deal with the devil comes to mind. I see Cruz and other like minds will embrace Trump. Yet it is a double edge sword.

Actually, Trump is going to end up being like Nixon. Nixon won 49 states in 1972, but by 1976, no one was even admitting voting for him.

As stated earlier, Trump isn't the disease, he's just the rash it's broken out into. The GOP will go back to finding some other asshole who pushes the same economic rat poison to white working class people, but without the crazy tweets, by playing on their sexual, religious and racial fears.

Well he has his supporters . He is history and history will not be kind to him in the long run. Eventually there will be those who will not bring up his name in mixed company. Then there will be those who seek access to his supporters. Nixon had about a 35% approval level even at the end. Hopefully the things that he has been hiding will come out in the open and he will lose support. Unfortunately there are some who will continue to say his name. Fake news is their new mantra. Meaning its fake when the opposition say it and it the truth if there own says it. No common sense required.

I can't imagine anyone seceding. Texas is almost 50/50 repub/dem. Last I checked oil isn't doing that well, nor is its future....

Texas isn't going anywhere. There is just a few loudmouth morons like Bootney Lee Farnsworth talking shit. They're impotent losers who are upset that they are being marginalized by their own life choices.
Texas will be Blue in a decade putting an end to all this secession talk
We hear that butt fucking horse shit ever goddamn year, and still NOTHING.

Take that shit and shove it up your gaping asshole.

Might be true, but the Dems are making a big mistake if they assume too much. They're certainly capable of going too far, as well.

This is why I don't like seeing the GOP turn into a fuckin' psycho ward like this. We need (at least) two strong parties.

When I checked the website of the Dem's national convention in 2016, it took me 15 minutes of clicking around until I saw the first picture of a white male who wasn't obviously depicted as gay.

It's all nice and fine when Democrats care for the issues of non-whites and other minorities ... but if they give a damn about white workers, they shouldn't be surprised when 70% of them then vote for someone like Trump.
This is a very large part of why Trump won in 2016 and why the Dems underperformed in November. The Regressive Left wing of the party -- the illiberal, authoritarian end that pushes Political Correctness, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture -- has damaged the party considerably.

And, just as the Trumpsters are refusing to look clearly and honestly in the mirror, so is the Regressive Left. As I always say, the two ends of our political spectrum can be comically similar in their behaviors.

We are NOT using mob violence to terrorize our enemies, and arresting people that defend themselves.

He does not seem to care, and in fact has shown that he revels in the "fuck you" he is watching. I would conclude that he does not believe that we are dead fucking serious.

Texas is GONE. Leaving. It may not be this year, or next year, but the sentiment is real and serious. We are getting the fuck out one way or another. If it's peaceful, great. But, I suspect that the powerbrokers will not give up on the world's 10th largest economy that easily. I am at peace with that eventuality and will die for it.

I do know that if they want to marginalize and oppress the single largest ethnic group in the country, that there will be civil unrest that will START at the level of the 60s and grow from there.

I do.
Biden is President.
You won't do shit.
Please keep saying that.

no-texas-map.gif

Go. Split. Take Texas. There's plenty of room for all you paranoids to shoot your guns at trees.

Sheesh.

Except, you dems would not let him/us go. You would fight. So, you are talking shit. Again.

Dismissing our grievances as "feelz" is you throwing gasoline on the fire. People are dying in the streets and you are still fanning the flames of division and partisan hate.

The problem is today those so called grieviences that have festered in white males for 40 years do not matter to the younger generation. They are tired of the whining, voting for old white men who simply feed what they want to hear, do nothing to fix the problems, simply feed the lobbyists who support them.

I actually hear this in my own family and listening to others. The generation of anger is slowly dying out, the young are moving in and if you do not keep up you will be knocked aside.

Just like the older Greatest Generation built the Middle Class the View attachment 430670Baby Boomers tore it down. Now the young are fed up. It will not happen over night but you are seeing the last gasps of White superiority.

This is funny but it shows those wanting Civil War.

View attachment 430670and I watched it happen over 40/ 50 years.
The world is changing, their country is changing, and there are people who make their living doing little more than feeding their anger, frustration and paranoia.

So, in their emotional state, they'd rather "fight" some all-or-nothing "war" than intelligently play a part in managing the change. All that does is make things worse.

So, those who make their living doing little more than feeding their anger, frustration and paranoia have more material to work with, and the cycle just continues.
Trump, Mitch, many others, Gym Jordan, Steve Scalise, too many to name just feed the misplaced anger so now the crazies are taking over!

Call us crazy and ws some more. And then act like our anger is something wrong with us.

YEah, keep it up.
Are you reading my posts or just ranting?

My point was clear and concise. Your pretense otherwise, is just you gaslighting.

Knock that shit off.
See? Once again, blame me for your grievances You can not seem to let go.
You can't seem to let us go.

Isn't this a thing of beauty?

no-texas-map.gif

God Bless America, right?

So it’s gone. Trumpism, the populist philosophy associated with the president, may yet be severed from the bad manners, taken up by a more genteel standard-bearer like Josh Hawley

I do.
Biden is President.
You won't do shit.
Please keep saying that.

no-texas-map.gif

Sheesh.

This is funny but it shows those wanting Civil War.

View attachment 430670and I watched it happen over 40/ 50 years.
The world is changing, their country is changing, and there are people who make their living doing little more than feeding their anger, frustration and paranoia.

So, in their emotional state, they'd rather "fight" some all-or-nothing "war" than intelligently play a part in managing the change. All that does is make things worse.

So, those who make their living doing little more than feeding their anger, frustration and paranoia have more material to work with, and the cycle just continues.
Trump, Mitch, many others, Gym Jordan, Steve Scalise, too many to name just feed the misplaced anger so now the crazies are taking over!

Call us crazy and ws some more. And then act like our anger is something wrong with us.

YEah, keep it up.
Are you reading my posts or just ranting?

My point was clear and concise. Your pretense otherwise, is just you gaslighting.

Knock that shit off.
See? Once again, blame me for your grievances You can not seem to let go.
You can't seem to let us go.

Isn't this a thing of beauty?

no-texas-map.gif

God Bless America, right?
Yes. Get on with it.

So it’s gone. Trumpism, the populist philosophy associated with the president, may yet be severed from the bad manners, taken up by a more genteel standard-bearer like Josh Hawley
I think future Republicans will try to get away with what Trump did, but it won’t fly.
But I don't know that it won't fly. I've pointed this out a couple of times this morning in other threads, but the next one could easily be more intelligent, more resourceful, and more believable than Trump. We need to learn from this, because the next one could be a lot worse.

I think future Republicans will try to get away with what Trump did, but it won’t fly.
But I don't know that it won't fly. I've pointed this out a couple of times this morning in other threads, but the next one could easily be more intelligent, more resourceful, and more believable than Trump. We need to learn from this, because the next one could be a lot worse.
I doubt any other politician will be able to lie with the ease that Trump does. Trump had a lifetime of practice.

Fuck your verbs meth head joe this is about $$$ and your lies that we vote against our own economic interest it is you who always do it.

Put down the bottle, buddy...

The Republican Party needs to promote states rights and rage against the tyranny of Washington D.C.

State rights "Can we still have this little corner of the country where we can be bigots... but please keep sending us money."

Don't even think all the GOP votes were because of Trump. They wanted a Republican President & didn't care how big a failure Trump is.

I think there were a lot of reasons why more people showed up this time for Trump.

First, BLM scared the hell out of a lot of white people. They started out with a lot of sympathy, but the crazies took over that movement very quickly.

Second, a lot of people really resented the Democrats and their lockdowns. Particularly a few Democrats who really got on power trips about it.

Third- Ugly reality- our system favors incumbents. If you look at the elections where a sitting president has stood for re-election since 1900, incumbents won 15 times and lost 6 times.

If you drill down further - three of those incumbents lost lost because third parties divided their base. (Taft, Carter and Bush-41)

One case - Ford- you had a guy who was never on a national ticket, was only in the job because the two guys who won two years earlier were forced to resign in disgrace. He presided over a questionable pardon, defeat in Vietnam, runaway inflation and a recession, and he STILL managed to get 48% of the vote. That's the power of incumbency... The Devil You Know.

Fourth, I really will give Trump some credit... the guy essentially has a devotion of followers that would make cult leaders envious.

The lesson neither party will learn from Trump is that they have really disconnected from the populace at large. The scariest thing is that it took a plague, a recession and riots to defeat Trump.

I can't believe more republicans aren't mad at trump for being a giant failure. Huge deficits, giant bailouts, most pandemic deaths, couldn't hit 3% gdp growth, tariffs hurt manufacturing....

That would mean admitting they made a mistake.

As stated above, if you don't have a third party giving them an alternative, they won't admit they made a mistake voting for the Democrat next time.

Trump is the GOP.

I agree. I also believe that Trump becomes irrelevant after January 20. On that basis he should be ignored. The damage he’s done that can be undone should be done without mentioning who caused it.

Because he leads a cult when negative attention is given him - it strengthens his ties to his following. They have a serious persecution complex and the cult thrives on it.

How do we get the MSM to ignore the Trump anti-reality show that is yet to come.

Well he has his supporters . He is history and history will not be kind to him in the long run. Eventually there will be those who will not bring up his name in mixed company. Then there will be those who seek access to his supporters. Nixon had about a 35% approval level even at the end. Hopefully the things that he has been hiding will come out in the open and he will lose support. Unfortunately there are some who will continue to say his name. Fake news is their new mantra. Meaning its fake when the opposition say it and it the truth if there own says it. No common sense required.

My Dad was a Nixon supporter. (He thought Reagan was a charlatan, though). His attitude was that Nixon did the same things they all did, he just got caught. (And he was dumb enough to tape himself doing them.)

Personally, I think Nixon gets a bad rap. If you take out Watergate, he's actually was a pretty accomplished president. - Normalized relations with China, ended Vietnam, established OSHA and the EPA and the EEOC. But there was that Watergate thing.

The real question is, do the establishment Republicans retake control of their party after four years of despicable toadying, or do Trump True Believers continue the GOP's march towards crazy that started

a) With Reagan
b) with Newt and the Contract with America
c) With the Tea Party
d) With Trump
e) They haven't gone crazy, but I'll be the first one to denounce it if it does!!!

Trump is the GOP.

I agree. I also believe that Trump becomes irrelevant after January 20. On that basis he should be ignored. The damage he’s done that can be undone should be done without mentioning who caused it.

Because he leads a cult when negative attention is given him - it strengthens his ties to his following. They have a serious persecution complex and the cult thrives on it.

How do we get the MSM to ignore the Trump anti-reality show that is yet to come.
He'll retain significant value as a profound cautionary tale. The question will be whether we use him that way.

Forum List

Back