The Post-Trump GOP

Republicans are being short sighted
Pandering to the MAGA crowd may help them win with the older, white Christians who fear their loss of power.
But younger Americans and minorities are repulsed by the actions of the far right. They are lost forever
Might be true, but the Dems are making a big mistake if they assume too much. They're certainly capable of going too far, as well.

This is why I don't like seeing the GOP turn into a fuckin' psycho ward like this. We need (at least) two strong parties.

When I checked the website of the Dem's national convention in 2016, it took me 15 minutes of clicking around until I saw the first picture of a white male who wasn't obviously depicted as gay.

It's all nice and fine when Democrats care for the issues of non-whites and other minorities ... but if they give a damn about white workers, they shouldn't be surprised when 70% of them then vote for someone like Trump.
This is a very large part of why Trump won in 2016 and why the Dems underperformed in November. The Regressive Left wing of the party -- the illiberal, authoritarian end that pushes Political Correctness, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture -- has damaged the party considerably.

And, just as the Trumpsters are refusing to look clearly and honestly in the mirror, so is the Regressive Left. As I always say, the two ends of our political spectrum can be comically similar in their behaviors.

We are NOT using mob violence to terrorize our enemies, and arresting people that defend themselves.

So, the similarities, are not very impressive.
He does not seem to care, and in fact has shown that he revels in the "fuck you" he is watching. I would conclude that he does not believe that we are dead fucking serious.

Texas is GONE. Leaving. It may not be this year, or next year, but the sentiment is real and serious. We are getting the fuck out one way or another. If it's peaceful, great. But, I suspect that the powerbrokers will not give up on the world's 10th largest economy that easily. I am at peace with that eventuality and will die for it.

I don't know how this will shake out

I do know that if they want to marginalize and oppress the single largest ethnic group in the country, that there will be civil unrest that will START at the level of the 60s and grow from there.

I do.
Biden is President.
You won't do shit.
Please keep saying that.

The more you run your shrill mouth, the more this becomes likely:

no-texas-map.gif

Your pictures make you look so brave! Behind your keyboard!
He did this all day yesterday. He thinks this is threatening somehow.

Go. Split. Take Texas. There's plenty of room for all you paranoids to shoot your guns at trees.

Sheesh.

Except, you dems would not let him/us go. You would fight. So, you are talking shit. Again.
I'm just trying to help you guys with your feelz.

You keep talking about civil war and secession, so I'm just trying to help.

Dismissing our grievances as "feelz" is you throwing gasoline on the fire. People are dying in the streets and you are still fanning the flames of division and partisan hate.

Does that seem like a good idea to you, or have you just stopped thinking?

The problem is today those so called grieviences that have festered in white males for 40 years do not matter to the younger generation. They are tired of the whining, voting for old white men who simply feed what they want to hear, do nothing to fix the problems, simply feed the lobbyists who support them.

I actually hear this in my own family and listening to others. The generation of anger is slowly dying out, the young are moving in and if you do not keep up you will be knocked aside.

Just like the older Greatest Generation built the Middle Class the View attachment 430670Baby Boomers tore it down. Now the young are fed up. It will not happen over night but you are seeing the last gasps of White superiority.

We have had a bi-partisan consensus against ws, since the dems flipped on the issue in the mid 60s.

That you pretend that our grievances TODAY, are about that, is infuriating and unjust.

The young? As they grow up and have to deal with the fact that they are second class citizens, will wake up.

The first time they don't get a job they deserve, because, WS, they might suck it up as deserved.

The second and third too.

When they have a family that they can't provide for, because of ws, and people like you are telling them to suck it up, because ws,

they will eventually wake up.

And, they will realize that they were lied to. A lot. And fucked. A lot.
So how do you propose to turn back the clock? Of course the set asides,busing, other things were not handled well by Congress. They actually destroyed the cities with that ill advised rule. I have talked to many black parents who moved with us to the suburbs because they wanted their Schools fixed, not bused to the other side of town We all now live in an integrated suburb, vey happy.

I am not going to tell you there was not good reason years ago. I just know the young do not carry all those grievances and they are voting like crazy. They have other concerns. Their classmates being shot down, College expenses out of sight, decent well paying jobs, Climate Change.

Don't put words in my mouth. I said nothing of "clock".

That is your stupid talk of ws, still.

I was talking about our ACTUAL grievances. Perhaps if you are going to address my post, do me the courtesy of addressing what I actually said.

Step one, drop the ws shit. YOu know that is fucking bullshit and when you throw it, you are being a fucking monkey.
I addressed your grievances. You just do not like what I answered. You can carry a grievance for the rest of your life, wallow in it, does not solve one problem you have. You can do that or move on, improve your life. The choice is yours alone.

Jobs are lost, people lose loved ones, adversity happens to all of us. What you do with the rest of your life is up to you. Men and Women went back, learned new skills when all the plants closed in the Bush recession, moved on to be more successful. Others are still whining today. Life is what you make it, trust me, I know.

1. No, you called me a ws and addressed that. That was you being an asshole.

2. My life and the lives of my people, have been and will continue to be negatively impacted by your side's polices. That is a source of grievance that we cannot walk away from, because it is you with the power of government coming after us.

3. That you dismiss that as "whining" is just you being an asshole. Do you like seeing people die in the streets? Because this is how you get people dying in the streets.

And your sides policies delivered huge deficits, giant bailouts, couldn't hit 3% gdp growth, most pandemic deaths, failed to give the best healthcare. Your sides policies are a failure.

I disagree with your analysis but the point is, that they were not targeted with the intent of causing harm to a group of Americans, and marginalizing them.

IN the context of this discussion, that you jumped into, your comment is off topic.
Well what do you disagree with? Record deficits, trillion dollar last year before the pandemic. Trumps tariffs hurt manufacturing and led to the giant farmer bailout. trump did not hit 3% gdp growth. We do have the most pandemic deaths. He failed on healthcare. Your policies are a failure. Post trump gop better find some policy that works.

DOesn't matter. It is off topic. What part of off topic did you not get?

Oh, wait. I get it. YOu know that your side's polices ARE targeted to harm people like me, and you support that and want to derail the discussion to hide that fact.

I understand now.

Ok. I busted you, this is the part where you stone wall. Some personal attacks as additional distraction is normal.

Go.
I just explained how your policy hurt the whole country. Clearly you can't defend the failures.

Weak. Couldn't even work in a wace card play.

My point stands.

We have had a bi-partisan consensus against ws, since the dems flipped on the issue in the mid 60s.

That you pretend that our grievances TODAY, are about that, is infuriating and unjust.

The young? As they grow up and have to deal with the fact that they are second class citizens, will wake up.

The first time they don't get a job they deserve, because, WS, they might suck it up as deserved.

When they have a family that they can't provide for, because of ws, and people like you are telling them to suck it up, because ws,

What are you babbling about? The policy you support is a failure.

Which is irrelevant to the discussion you joined.

As I explained to you.

And I further called that you would now stonewall. As you are doing.
It's very telling you can't defend all the failed policy. You must really hate your country.

What is telling is your need to be dishonest. The point I made was not based on Trump's policies or their level of success or failure.

That you are so desperate to bury my point under your bullshit, shows how much you fear it.

Pandering to the MAGA crowd may help them win with the older, white Christians who fear their loss of power.
But younger Americans and minorities are repulsed by the actions of the far right. They are lost forever
Might be true, but the Dems are making a big mistake if they assume too much. They're certainly capable of going too far, as well.

This is why I don't like seeing the GOP turn into a fuckin' psycho ward like this. We need (at least) two strong parties.

When I checked the website of the Dem's national convention in 2016, it took me 15 minutes of clicking around until I saw the first picture of a white male who wasn't obviously depicted as gay.

It's all nice and fine when Democrats care for the issues of non-whites and other minorities ... but if they give a damn about white workers, they shouldn't be surprised when 70% of them then vote for someone like Trump.
This is a very large part of why Trump won in 2016 and why the Dems underperformed in November. The Regressive Left wing of the party -- the illiberal, authoritarian end that pushes Political Correctness, Identity Politics and Cancel Culture -- has damaged the party considerably.

And, just as the Trumpsters are refusing to look clearly and honestly in the mirror, so is the Regressive Left. As I always say, the two ends of our political spectrum can be comically similar in their behaviors.

We are NOT using mob violence to terrorize our enemies, and arresting people that defend themselves.

He does not seem to care, and in fact has shown that he revels in the "fuck you" he is watching. I would conclude that he does not believe that we are dead fucking serious.

Texas is GONE. Leaving. It may not be this year, or next year, but the sentiment is real and serious. We are getting the fuck out one way or another. If it's peaceful, great. But, I suspect that the powerbrokers will not give up on the world's 10th largest economy that easily. I am at peace with that eventuality and will die for it.

I do know that if they want to marginalize and oppress the single largest ethnic group in the country, that there will be civil unrest that will START at the level of the 60s and grow from there.

I do.
Biden is President.
You won't do shit.
Please keep saying that.

no-texas-map.gif

Go. Split. Take Texas. There's plenty of room for all you paranoids to shoot your guns at trees.

Sheesh.

Except, you dems would not let him/us go. You would fight. So, you are talking shit. Again.

Dismissing our grievances as "feelz" is you throwing gasoline on the fire. People are dying in the streets and you are still fanning the flames of division and partisan hate.

The problem is today those so called grieviences that have festered in white males for 40 years do not matter to the younger generation. They are tired of the whining, voting for old white men who simply feed what they want to hear, do nothing to fix the problems, simply feed the lobbyists who support them.

I actually hear this in my own family and listening to others. The generation of anger is slowly dying out, the young are moving in and if you do not keep up you will be knocked aside.

Just like the older Greatest Generation built the Middle Class the View attachment 430670Baby Boomers tore it down. Now the young are fed up. It will not happen over night but you are seeing the last gasps of White superiority.

So how do you propose to turn back the clock? Of course the set asides,busing, other things were not handled well by Congress. They actually destroyed the cities with that ill advised rule. I have talked to many black parents who moved with us to the suburbs because they wanted their Schools fixed, not bused to the other side of town We all now live in an integrated suburb, vey happy.

I am not going to tell you there was not good reason years ago. I just know the young do not carry all those grievances and they are voting like crazy. They have other concerns. Their classmates being shot down, College expenses out of sight, decent well paying jobs, Climate Change.

Don't put words in my mouth. I said nothing of "clock".

That is your stupid talk of ws, still.

I was talking about our ACTUAL grievances. Perhaps if you are going to address my post, do me the courtesy of addressing what I actually said.

Step one, drop the ws shit. YOu know that is fucking bullshit and when you throw it, you are being a fucking monkey.
I addressed your grievances. You just do not like what I answered. You can carry a grievance for the rest of your life, wallow in it, does not solve one problem you have. You can do that or move on, improve your life. The choice is yours alone.

Jobs are lost, people lose loved ones, adversity happens to all of us. What you do with the rest of your life is up to you. Men and Women went back, learned new skills when all the plants closed in the Bush recession, moved on to be more successful. Others are still whining today. Life is what you make it, trust me, I know.

1. No, you called me a ws and addressed that. That was you being an asshole.

2. My life and the lives of my people, have been and will continue to be negatively impacted by your side's polices. That is a source of grievance that we cannot walk away from, because it is you with the power of government coming after us.

3. That you dismiss that as "whining" is just you being an asshole. Do you like seeing people die in the streets? Because this is how you get people dying in the streets.
Carry on, whine for the rest of your life. As for me,I have picked myself up many times. I admit I have little sympathy for those who choose not to.

I've not asked for your sympathy. I've just pointed out that your behavior is leading to people dying in the streets.

More your people than mine, at this point too. Sooo, just saying.

I do.
Biden is President.
You won't do shit.
Please keep saying that.

no-texas-map.gif

Sheesh.

This is funny but it shows those wanting Civil War.

View attachment 430670and I watched it happen over 40/ 50 years.
The world is changing, their country is changing, and there are people who make their living doing little more than feeding their anger, frustration and paranoia.

So, in their emotional state, they'd rather "fight" some all-or-nothing "war" than intelligently play a part in managing the change. All that does is make things worse.

So, those who make their living doing little more than feeding their anger, frustration and paranoia have more material to work with, and the cycle just continues.
Trump, Mitch, many others, Gym Jordan, Steve Scalise, too many to name just feed the misplaced anger so now the crazies are taking over!

Call us crazy and ws some more. And then act like our anger is something wrong with us.

YEah, keep it up.
Are you reading my posts or just ranting?

My point was clear and concise. Your pretense otherwise, is just you gaslighting.

Knock that shit off.
See? Once again, blame me for your grievances You can not seem to let go.
You can't seem to let us go.

Isn't this a thing of beauty?

no-texas-map.gif

God Bless America, right?
It’s a thing of ignorance and stupidity.

American citizens who reside in Texas and wish to remain American citizens cannot have their citizenship taken from them against their will or absent due process – that would violate the 14th Amendment – regardless whether Texas lawmakers vote to ‘secede.’

The only recourse, therefore, for those in Texas who no longer wish to be American citizens is for them to renounce their American citizenship and leave the country; Texas remains with its sister states and part of the United States.

Bye.

It is funny when liberals pretend to care about the constitution.

What's next for the GOP?

A couple of very interesting pieces this morning. Interestingly, much of what they cover includes what we've been talking about here. The anti-Trump types like the Lincoln Project know damn well that he has a vice-like grip on the party, and will even have to consider running separate candidates, which we haven't really talked about here. The party is so afraid of Trump, in fact, that they're not even engaging in the traditional post-mortem for fear of angering him. Holy crap.

At the same time, they did do better than expected down ticket (or was it the Democrats doing worse than expected?), so that just muddies the waters even more. So what do the next few years look like for the GOP?

Oh, for Trumpsters: Ignore all this, he won, "by a lot", they cheated, he'll stay in office, MAGA.
These cultists don't actually care about results. They only care about deference to the cult leader. So all the GOP politicians have to do is sneak in a lick of Trump's boots once in a while, and the cult will follow. It doesn't matter if they end up doing something Trump criticizes, or if they do something against the best interests of the cult. The cult will find a way to justify it and even LOVE it, as long as there is a whiff of Trump buttlicking attached to it. What a powerful political tool. People like to call Trump a conman, and he is. But he is a moron and incompetent. The smart conmen will use him and his cult better than he ever could.
Another load that needs to be flushed.
And yet every word true...as you will do all the work of proving for me, for the next 4 years. My little assistant.
Nothing you ever posted is true, shit for brains.
You're even proving it right now, cultist. Please, continue.

What's next for the GOP?

A couple of very interesting pieces this morning. Interestingly, much of what they cover includes what we've been talking about here. The anti-Trump types like the Lincoln Project know damn well that he has a vice-like grip on the party, and will even have to consider running separate candidates, which we haven't really talked about here. The party is so afraid of Trump, in fact, that they're not even engaging in the traditional post-mortem for fear of angering him. Holy crap.

At the same time, they did do better than expected down ticket (or was it the Democrats doing worse than expected?), so that just muddies the waters even more. So what do the next few years look like for the GOP?

Oh, for Trumpsters: Ignore all this, he won, "by a lot", they cheated, he'll stay in office, MAGA.
These cultists don't actually care about results. They only care about deference to the cult leader. So all the GOP politicians have to do is sneak in a lick of Trump's boots once in a while, and the cult will follow. It doesn't matter if they end up doing something Trump criticizes, or if they do something against the best interests of the cult. The cult will find a way to justify it and even LOVE it, as long as there is a whiff of Trump buttlicking attached to it. What a powerful political tool. People like to call Trump a conman, and he is. But he is a moron and incompetent. The smart conmen will use him and his cult better than he ever could.
And yet every word true...as you will do all the work of proving for me, for the next 4 years. My little assistant.
Nothing you ever posted is true, shit for brains.
How am I proving it, shit for brains?

I think the Republicans are very capable of alienating conservatives if they put their mind to it.

The Late John McCain and Mitt Romney were tremendous in doing that. But the key of the LP folks is to expel the base from the Republican Party so they can reassert control.

John McCain was a Maverick. He would back his party but when given a choice between party and his state, he would do what was in the best interest of his state.

Romney is a devout Mormon. As such, he is repulsed by Trump and his antics. He votes accordingly

McCain was willing to betray his party for good press. He thought that would get him in the White House.

But you people turned on his, on a dime. Because everything you say, is a bullshit. so reversing course is easy for you.

That you took him back afterwards, and that he accepted that, is him being a broken old man.
McCain backed Republicans on Trumpcare, he voted for it.

However, when Republicans pivoted and went to a blind repeal of Obamacare without anything to cover those who would lose coverage......He gave a thumbs down
Bunk. He opposed it to fuck Trump.

Nobody wants to actually fuck tRump, believe that. It is why he has to pay the Stormy Daniels of the world.

MAGA
Your post is too stupid to bother with a substantive reply.

Did ewe say something?

Nothing that would penetrate that thick skull.

I do.
Biden is President.
You won't do shit.
Please keep saying that.

no-texas-map.gif

Sheesh.

The world is changing, their country is changing, and there are people who make their living doing little more than feeding their anger, frustration and paranoia.

So, in their emotional state, they'd rather "fight" some all-or-nothing "war" than intelligently play a part in managing the change. All that does is make things worse.

So, those who make their living doing little more than feeding their anger, frustration and paranoia have more material to work with, and the cycle just continues.
Trump, Mitch, many others, Gym Jordan, Steve Scalise, too many to name just feed the misplaced anger so now the crazies are taking over!

Call us crazy and ws some more. And then act like our anger is something wrong with us.

YEah, keep it up.

My point was clear and concise. Your pretense otherwise, is just you gaslighting.

Knock that shit off.

no-texas-map.gif

American citizens who reside in Texas and wish to remain American citizens cannot have their citizenship taken from them against their will or absent due process – that would violate the 14th Amendment – regardless whether Texas lawmakers vote to ‘secede.’

The only recourse, therefore, for those in Texas who no longer wish to be American citizens is for them to renounce their American citizenship and leave the country; Texas remains with its sister states and part of the United States.

Bye.

We wrote it

I do.
Biden is President.
You won't do shit.
Please keep saying that.

no-texas-map.gif

Sheesh.

YEah, keep it up.

Knock that shit off.

no-texas-map.gif

Bye.

We wrote it
You had nothing to do with it, moron. The people who did write despise everything you believe in.

I do.
Biden is President.
You won't do shit.
Please keep saying that.

no-texas-map.gif

Sheesh.

YEah, keep it up.

Knock that shit off.

no-texas-map.gif

Bye.

We wrote it
You had nothing to do with it, moron. The people who did write despise everything you believe in.
James Madison was as Liberal as they come.
Back then, they used to tar and feather Conservatives

What I like to call....The Good Ole Days

I do.
Biden is President.
You won't do shit.
Please keep saying that.

no-texas-map.gif

Sheesh.

YEah, keep it up.

Knock that shit off.

no-texas-map.gif

Bye.

We wrote it

Said a man that wants to deprive the largest single ethnic group in the country, of equality before the law.

Said a man that wants to deprive the largest single ethnic group in the country, of equality before the law.

Liberals wrote the Declaration of Independence and US Constitution. BOTH documents were opposed by Conservatives

What's next for the GOP?

Nothing you ever posted is true
How am I proving it
Well of course you are oblivious. That's what cultism is.

I do.
Biden is President.
You won't do shit.
Please keep saying that.

no-texas-map.gif

Sheesh.

YEah, keep it up.

Knock that shit off.

no-texas-map.gif

Bye.

We wrote it
James Madison was as Liberal as they come.
Back then, they used to tar and feather Conservatives

What I like to call....The Good Ole Days
Back in those days the word "liberal" meant libertarian, the exact opposite of you. Modern day "liberals." have been tearing down the statues of the Founding Fathers. They are the exact opposite of what you are. The term "conservative" was meaningless back then, especially before the French revolution.

You're an imbecile, as usual.

What's next for the GOP?

How am I proving it
You keep avaoiding an answer to the question. That's because we all know you are full of shit.

Liberals wrote the Declaration of Independence and US Constitution. BOTH documents were opposed by Conservatives
As I've explained to you a thousand times, the term "liberal" back then meant exactly the opposite of what it means now. You Progs desperately want to claim your continuing the legacy of the Founders, but the actual legacy you're continuing is that of Karl Marx.

What's next for the GOP?

How am I proving it
You keep avaoiding an answer to the question. That's because we all know you are full of shit.
Nah, the smart people all know the answer. Even you, deep down.

I do.
Biden is President.
You won't do shit.
Please keep saying that.

no-texas-map.gif

Sheesh.

YEah, keep it up.

Knock that shit off.

no-texas-map.gif

Bye.

It's even funnier when a Trump support mentions the Constitution, even as Trump is attempting to subvert it.

I do.
Biden is President.
You won't do shit.
Please keep saying that.

no-texas-map.gif

Sheesh.

YEah, keep it up.

Knock that shit off.

no-texas-map.gif

Bye.

It's even funnier when a Trump support mentions the Constitution, even as Trump is attempting to subvert it.
Of course, they don't care about the constitution. Never did. They proved this many times over before election day. Before 2020, even.

Forum List

Back