“The president is throwing this nation into a crisis and we have an obligation to do our duty"

Of course, I don't know what you mean by "Close the border". 40% of illegal immigrants simply overstay their visa's. If you are suggesting that we stop issuing visas, I guess that I am against "closing the border".
Illegal immigrants don't get visas.

You're mightily confused.
once they overstay their visas they no longer have legal status. they are immigrants.
ta-da! presto change-o, illegal immigrants!

Of course, I don't know what you mean by "Close the border". 40% of illegal immigrants simply overstay their visa's. If you are suggesting that we stop issuing visas, I guess that I am against "closing the border".

once they overstay their visas they no longer have legal status. they are immigrants.
yep, big word that ILLEGAL. And of course you don't care.

Somehow, I suspect that there would not be an issue if the border was being illegally crossed by blond, blue eyed Swedes.....

Illegal means against the law.
eye, hair, skin color aren't relevant.

Go through the process. No shortcuts. No "reform" no amnesty.
Close and enforce our border and immigration laws.
It's simple, really when people stop looking for excuses not to.

Spot On. This is an illegal invasion. But the worse part is that our own President has encouraged and supported it. He is not my President. He represents foreign interests and his own. He doesn't represent Americans' best interests. He's in violation of the oath of office he swore to. He should be arrested. But at the very least, Impeached.

Maybe he should be sent to bed without any dinner....
... you live in arizona and want the border left open? Is that correct?
so seem to have a binary understanding of the border.

We spend $Billions in Tax Dollars helping other Nations secure their Borders. It's time we start doing that here.

Don't evade. I'm asking you personally. Why do you not want the border closed and enforced?
strawman.

You misuse the term.

Do you want the border closed? Why or why not?
two very simple questions.
Straw man - Definition and More from the Free Merriam-Webster Dictionary
pretty sure i got it spot on.

now at least you're asking the right questions - and the answer is no, i don't want the border closed. immigration is a source of strength for the nation.

We aren't talking about immigration..We're talking about illegally entering the country. There's a difference.

Explain how allowing people who haven't been screened for disease, literacy, sanity, criminal background strengthens our nation?
What about smugglers, drugs, guns, sex slaves crossing? Are they a source of "strength" for the nation, too?

Are you for giving amnesty to all the illegals here?
Why or why not?
they're playing you dude! They don't like the constitution. They hate it, they hate you and me as well. They'd rather all the illegals stay and we all go. Now that you can ask them and they'd agree. they are anti US Citizen, they loathe conservatives, they'd rather we all die.

Yes, I know it...and I'm rubbing their noses in it.
They come up with excuses, evasions and distractions when asked why keeping the border open is good for america...I know they won't admit anything other than blind allegiance to obama...regardless of WHAT he says or does...
...but other people are reading this stuff and they see what's up.

it's nice of you and rotagilla to decide for me what i believe and care about. really.
and you do such a good job of it, too.

Don't evade. I'm asking you personally. Why do you not want the border closed and enforced?
strawman.

You misuse the term.

now at least you're asking the right questions - and the answer is no, i don't want the border closed. immigration is a source of strength for the nation.

We aren't talking about immigration..We're talking about illegally entering the country. There's a difference.

Explain how allowing people who haven't been screened for disease, literacy, sanity, criminal background strengthens our nation?
What about smugglers, drugs, guns, sex slaves crossing? Are they a source of "strength" for the nation, too?

Why or why not?
strawman.

evasion

you misuse the term strawman again.
I asked two questions. Can you answer them?

it's nice of you and rotagilla to decide for me what i believe and care about. really.

No..you distort again....I asked you to support your position...all you care to do is evade and change the subject.
It's very revealing, though.

oh, ok batman, do you support amnesty?

Spot On. This is an illegal invasion. But the worse part is that our own President has encouraged and supported it. He is not my President. He represents foreign interests and his own. He doesn't represent Americans' best interests. He's in violation of the oath of office he swore to. He should be arrested. But at the very least, Impeached.

We spend $Billions in Tax Dollars helping other Nations secure their Borders. It's time we start doing that here.

precisely.

strawman.

You misuse the term.

Why or why not?
strawman.

evasion

you asked three questions.
i'm all for screening immigrants. i think we should do our best to keep smugglers, drug runners, sex slavers, and other criminals out of the country.
and i'm not for giving amnesty to every illegal immigrant, either.

that's why i kept calling your questions a strawman argument. they don't address reality, they make me answer for opinions that i've never voiced and disagree with, making them the very definition of a strawman.

take it up with congress. convince them to appropriate the resources.

The resources are there right now. They're just being utilized the wrong way. Spend the $Billions in Tax Dollars securing our own Border instead. The resources are there. Now it's time to utilize them properly.

The resources are there right now. They're just being utilized the wrong way. Spend the $Billions in Tax Dollars securing our own Border instead. The resources are there. Now it's time to utilize them properly.
so you just find the border patrol to be inept?

You misuse the term.

Why or why not?
strawman.

evasion

Oh..no wonder you kept dodging...I asked THREE questions, not TWO..I understand now.
i'm all for screening immigrants. i think we should do our best to keep smugglers, drug runners, sex slavers, and other criminals out of the country.

So you agree that our immigration system that has worked for over 200 years would be sufficient.... if it were enforced?
Which ones are you in favor of giving it to?

and the ones you DON'T favor?...can we deport them? Would that be ok with you?

that's why i kept calling your questions a strawman argument. they don't address reality, they make me answer for opinions that i've never voiced and disagree with, making them the very definition of a strawman.

You kept calling them strawman because you were trying to dodge...

You misuse the term.

Why or why not?
strawman.

evasion

Are you ok with the obama's illegal act then?

We can't know because obama won't allow them to do their job of ENFORCING our border security and STOPPING illegals from entering.

I find that punishing those who do their job a travesity. That's what I say!!

Why or why not?
strawman.

evasion

Oh..no wonder you kept dodging...I asked THREE questions, not TWO..I understand now.

So you agree that our immigration system that has worked for over 200 years would be sufficient.... if it were enforced?

i called them strawmen because that's what they were. instead of asking what my opinion was, once you knew that i disagreed with you you wanted to make me defend drug dealing criminals and slavers. seriously. how the hell can you not consider that incredibly dishonest?

if we had the resources to enforce our immigration laws completely, i'd be in favor. however, the reality is that with some 12 million illegal immigrants in the country now something isn't working. we need to examine what that is, and why it's failing.

as for the people here, i have no problem with granting legal status to immigrants with family roots and no serious criminal history.

We can't know because obama won't allow them to do their job of ENFORCING our border security and STOPPING illegals from entering.
was it obama's fault under bush? under clinton? under bush? under reagan? under carter? etc.

Why or why not?
strawman.

evasion

i called them strawmen because that's what they were. instead of asking what my opinion was, once you knew that i disagreed with you you wanted to make me defend drug dealing criminals and slavers. seriously. how the hell can you not consider that incredibly dishonest?

if we had the resources to enforce our immigration laws completely, i'd be in favor. however, the reality is that with some 12 million illegal immigrants in the country now something isn't working. we need to examine what that is, and why it's failing.

as for the people here, i have no problem with granting legal status to immigrants with family roots and no serious criminal history.
I disagree with this entire post

Forum List

Back