🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

The Real Face of Terrorism

...If your not making war on all Muslims then it would seem that kind of simplistic reasoning must be counter productive.
There is nothing simplistic about calling for Skepticism and Watchfulness and Readiness and Projections of Strength, directed against both the belief-system itself, and those nations and regions in which that belief system dominates and has a demonstrated history or present-day tendency towards religiously-focused warfare or aggression or terrorism, especially when those intentions and behaviors are directed against Infidels.

Watchfulness is almost always more productive than War, and has oftentimes avoided that most UNproductive of Man's endeavors.

Watchfulness? Is that it? That's your strategy to defeat Islamic extremists? Still sounds sort of vague and generic. I'd like to know what the plan is to defeat these people. Will they be overwhelmed and conquered by more talk? Will your campaign of watchfullness observe them to death? I'm not seeing a plan of action here.
What more is needed, beyond watchfulness and readiness?

What happened to the epic global struggle with Islam? All this talk about the inevitable historic clash of opposing civilizations seems to go nowhere.
I dunno.

Am I supposed to?

My point is that all the talk about a war with Islam is just that, talk. Continuing to reduce complex issues into simplistic bombast will no doubt inspire many to talk some more.

There is nothing simplistic about calling for Skepticism and Watchfulness and Readiness and Projections of Strength, directed against both the belief-system itself, and those nations and regions in which that belief system dominates and has a demonstrated history or present-day tendency towards religiously-focused warfare or aggression or terrorism, especially when those intentions and behaviors are directed against Infidels.

Watchfulness is almost always more productive than War, and has oftentimes avoided that most UNproductive of Man's endeavors.

Watchfulness? Is that it? That's your strategy to defeat Islamic extremists? Still sounds sort of vague and generic. I'd like to know what the plan is to defeat these people. Will they be overwhelmed and conquered by more talk? Will your campaign of watchfullness observe them to death? I'm not seeing a plan of action here.

What happened to the epic global struggle with Islam? All this talk about the inevitable historic clash of opposing civilizations seems to go nowhere.
I dunno.

Am I supposed to?

My point is that all the talk about a war with Islam is just that, talk. Continuing to reduce complex issues into simplistic bombast will no doubt inspire many to talk some more.
My point is that, although the issues are, indeed, complex, and worthy of consideration, that simplistic rhetoric also has its place, as a means to summarize, and to outline the state of affairs on the macro level, and with respect to immediate security and safety concerns, without sliding into the abyss of Analysis Paralysis, and not recognizing the savage nature of The Adversary, who is not troubled by such fine distinctions. There's plenty of room - here and out in the broader world - for both modes of consideration. And, the more people talk, the more they educate each other. Right up to the point where the Bad Guys start shooting.

I dunno.

Am I supposed to?

ok you don't like the slogan

Admiral James Aloysius Lyons should consider himself the terrorists best friend and most articulate supporter. He subscribes to the belief that we are at war with all Muslims, not just the extremists elements of Islamic fundamentalism. I think the Admiral deserves some kind of Islamic terrorist medal for spreading the message of jihad. This old fucker should have been put out to pasture many years ago, he would have been great in WW2, his advice is worth shit now.
Discussion Countering Terrorism Video C-SPAN.org
Yea, we can't have someone actually identify the real problem. What the jihadists want is for everyone to play dumb and let their 1400 year reign of terror continue. So it's really people like you who should consider themselves the terrorists' best friend.

Islamic terrorists the world over should be thanking you right now for all your kind support.

Like they thanked Thomas Jefferson and James Madison for kicking them in the teeth?

Who's them? Did Jefferson and Madison declare war on Islam? No of course they didn't because that would just be completely stupid, wouldn't it.

They declared war on the Muslim pirates that controlled the Mediterranean Sea and were enslaving Christians because that's what their book tells them to do. They effectively pushed the Muslims out of reach from being able to harm US and Euro citizens. But asking for our leaders to do the same today is apparently too much for you to handle.
Christians enslaved SE Europe Christians and Muslims...what's new?

Admiral James Aloysius Lyons should consider himself the terrorists best friend and most articulate supporter. He subscribes to the belief that we are at war with all Muslims, not just the extremists elements of Islamic fundamentalism. I think the Admiral deserves some kind of Islamic terrorist medal for spreading the message of jihad. This old fucker should have been put out to pasture many years ago, he would have been great in WW2, his advice is worth shit now.

J. Stalin, Biggest Terrorist in human history

Law abiding people who only care about the law of the Koran. A law that tells them they must seek to destroy any infidel government and wack anyone that practices freedom of speech against their Dear pedophile prophet.
Your depth of knowledge on subjects like religion and history is reflected in your ill considered opinions.

History has shown us that integrating Muslims into any society, be it Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, or secular, is never beneficial to the non-Muslim.
Thats not true. The Moors were Muslim and brought Europe out of the dark ages.

True, they were responsible for preserving the accumulated knowledge of the Byzantine Empire.

Byzantine Empire my ass!

Current Islam has nothing to do with the Byzantine empire.

Their only achievements at the moment are terrorism, beheadings and other similar pleasantries.

You can say Islam current contribution to the world is their desire to take us all back to the 7th century.

Yup what was a great culture has tuned into a culture of murder, beheadings and terrorism. There are no innocent Muslims.

I wonder how many stood cheering in the streets on 9-11??

One has to wonder why those innocent Muslims don't do something about the terrorists in their ranks. The innocent certainly outnumber the jihadists.

Innocent Muslims my ass.

I dunno.

Am I supposed to?

My point is that, although the issues are, indeed, complex, and worthy of consideration, that simplistic rhetoric also has its place, as a means to summarize, and to outline the state of affairs on the macro level, and with respect to immediate security and safety concerns, without sliding into the abyss of Analysis Paralysis, and not recognizing the savage nature of The Adversary, who is not troubled by such fine distinctions. There's plenty of room - here and out in the broader world - for both modes of consideration. And, the more people talk, the more they educate each other. Right up to the point where the Bad Guys start shooting.

No, simplistic rhetoric only serves to perpetuate superficial stereotypes and more childish anecdotes. Far from educating, it doesn't help anyone understand anything.

J. Stalin, Biggest Terrorist in human history

And?

Your depth of knowledge on subjects like religion and history is reflected in your ill considered opinions.

History has shown us that integrating Muslims into any society, be it Christian, Jewish, Hindu, Buddhist, or secular, is never beneficial to the non-Muslim.
Thats not true. The Moors were Muslim and brought Europe out of the dark ages.

True, they were responsible for preserving the accumulated knowledge of the Byzantine Empire.

Byzantine Empire my ass!

Current Islam has nothing to do with the Byzantine empire.

Their only achievements at the moment are terrorism, beheadings and other similar pleasantries.

You can say Islam current contribution to the world is their desire to take us all back to the 7th century.

Yup what was a great culture has tuned into a culture of murder, beheadings and terrorism. There are no innocent Muslims.

I wonder how many stood cheering in the streets on 9-11??

One has to wonder why those innocent Muslims don't do something about the terrorists in their ranks. The innocent certainly outnumber the jihadists.

Innocent Muslims my ass.

Why don't you do something about all the people you don't like in your own society? What's stopping you?

The Gold Gin

Was Rasputin a terrorist or a pragmatist?

Why do Americans feel no chagrin buying Pepperidge Farm Chessmen Cookies from supermarkets?

What's the difference between Fidel Castro and Jack the Ripper?

:afro:

The Prisoner's Dilemma

cc.jpg

Forum List

Back