The Rebel Flag: A New Symbol of Liberty?

Breaking news!!!

The Liberty-lovin', Rebel worthy legions of "Teh Saaaauuuuth will raaaaaaze" has also developed the feared phaser cannon!!!

pull_redneck.jpg

Gettysburg, beware!!!

Do you mean the freedom to call a black person "n*gger"???? Is that the sort of "freedom" we're talking here? Or maybe the freedom to string black people from a tree, or the freedom to own black people?
How about the freedom to call me a "cracker"? You going to take that away from the brothers? Why is there no outrage over that?

People in the south just need to understand that the hard Left hates them. It is what it is, and it's true even when you vote with them.

Just remember that those who are full of hate and who mock and insult like that are miserable.

I'm a lefty. I live in the south. You say stupid things.

I mock and insult you all the time. But it is clear that it is you who is miserable.

It seems totally ironic to me that when all is said and done, the embattled Southern Cross, aka: Rebel Flag, might actually end up being the new symbol of liberty and freedom. All across America, people are waving their flags in the face of "political correctness" and demonstrating that the flag does not represent racist views. Counter-protests supporting the flag have been as large as any protest against it. These are not confined to the Southern states or to white Americans, it is a diverse cross-section who are standing for their right to honor history and heritage and display the symbols expressing themselves as individuals.

Freedom to express ourselves is our Constitutional First Amendment right. The question of what our intents or views are, doesn't really matter with regard to this right. Our views and opinions do not have to conform or not be found offensive. Even when someone flies the Southern Cross as a symbol of racist hate... it's still their Constitutional right.

It's almost like an epic Greek play.. the PC movement to condemn the flag ends up making the flag an icon of freedom.

Do you mean the freedom to call a black person "n*gger"???? Is that the sort of "freedom" we're talking here? Or maybe the freedom to string black people from a tree, or the freedom to own black people?

Well, last I checked, we have laws against defamation, lynching and slavery. Those aren't "freedoms" anyone has. Waving a flag is a form of free expression and is covered by the 1st Amendment. That's the only applicable freedom in question here, the rest is your prejudiced and bigoted viewpoint of what you think the flag automatically represents.

It seems totally ironic to me that when all is said and done, the embattled Southern Cross, aka: Rebel Flag, might actually end up being the new symbol of liberty and freedom. All across America, people are waving their flags in the face of "political correctness" and demonstrating that the flag does not represent racist views. Counter-protests supporting the flag have been as large as any protest against it. These are not confined to the Southern states or to white Americans, it is a diverse cross-section who are standing for their right to honor history and heritage and display the symbols expressing themselves as individuals.

Freedom to express ourselves is our Constitutional First Amendment right. The question of what our intents or views are, doesn't really matter with regard to this right. Our views and opinions do not have to conform or not be found offensive. Even when someone flies the Southern Cross as a symbol of racist hate... it's still their Constitutional right.

It's almost like an epic Greek play.. the PC movement to condemn the flag ends up making the flag an icon of freedom.
Please post the link to these imaginary gatherings of diverse folk in support of that shitty flag...please.

It's almost like an epic Greek play.. the PC movement to condemn the flag ends up making the flag an icon of freedoms.
My "Rebel" flag is flying above the U.S. Flag that is turned upside down while a liberal communist occupies our White House..
9a066a8341f0a143ca9db4e64ec97438af5def2f4f0ddd20f0195f7288b6b998.jpg

Please post the link to these imaginary gatherings of diverse folk in support of that shitty flag...please.

Former NAACP President Supports Confederate Flag Black folks earned a place of honor and dignity with this flag... This is our flag... -

h-k-_edgerton.jpg

Obama greeted in Oklahoma by pro-Confederate protest led by black man - Washington Times

Andrew_Duncomb_s878x484.jpg

Black Florida Man Protests Union Monument by Singing Dixie

ku-xlarge.jpg

Obama greeted by Confederate flag supporters in Oklahoma

Confederate-Flag-Obama.jpg

...How many more examples you want?

Former NAACP President Supports Confederate Flag Black folks earned a place of honor and dignity with this flag... This is our flag... -

h-k-_edgerton.jpg

Obama greeted in Oklahoma by pro-Confederate protest led by black man - Washington Times

Andrew_Duncomb_s878x484.jpg

Black Florida Man Protests Union Monument by Singing Dixie

ku-xlarge.jpg

Obama greeted by Confederate flag supporters in Oklahoma

Confederate-Flag-Obama.jpg

...How many more examples you want?

You just posted four pictures and three of them were of the same lone man...lol...were you serious...lol!!!!

The last picture was of a group of people out to see the President NOT support that shitty rag...lol.
Btw, I counted, how many of those people holding that shit rag are Black???

Are you serious....

Well, but... they're clearly NOT all the same man.

The man in the cowboy hat from Oklahoma is clearly younger than the older gentleman who was the former NAACP president. The group of people are also in Oklahoma where this flag-waving rally greeted the president. We clearly see a group of black people in the middle of the crowd. You think they were being held hostage against their will?

You asked for some examples and I gave you some after a rather brisk Google search.... I am certain I can find plenty more as this is going on all over the country. But as we can also clearly see, it doesn't matter how many examples I give you, your bigoted mind is already made up and nothing will ever change it.

I mentioned in another thread, that overall Americans are now likely to see the Confederate flag more than they had prior to the purge of the flag on public property.
Americans who are furious about the removal of the flag, are now more likely to raise it on their own property.

I mentioned in another thread, that overall Americans are now likely to see the Confederate flag more than they had prior to the purge of the flag on public property.
Americans who are furious about the removal of the flag, are now more likely to raise it on their own property.
And the PC Police will love it, so they can keep pointing the finger and attacking.

Keep the flames lit, anything to keep people angry and divided.

Forum List

Back