The Regressive Left and Islam -- What is happening here?

Dogmaphobe said: It seems to me that authoritarian leftists operate under the principle that as long as they stand little probability of being a victim, other people's deaths really don't matter at all. The important issue is conforming to the authoritarian left group think.
I do believe that could be an element, as well. And part of that is the "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" element, even though that friend is what it is.
But, unfortunately, I have now been removed from that thread. I will leave it up to those who view the thread to decide if I actually violated any stated rules in regards to attacking other posters.
Me too. I think there are people "reporting" posts that don't agree with left wing dogma, and those posters are getting nailed by mods who are sympathetic to it.

It's getting like Facebook™. :laugh:

I can tell you, this topic REALLY cuts close to home for the Regressive Left. The questions we're asking are legitimate, and they simply don't have answers.

They don't have any answers so they retreat into authoritarianism by silencing those who try to get them to think.
To get back on topic, your earlier theory and the standard "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" idea make the most sense as explanations for their behavior.

All this, for a religion so antithetical to their beliefs, just because of their hatred for another religion and of conservatives.

This may be the best example of all, of how commitment to a hardcore partisan ideology distorts thought process and flies directly in the face of common sense.

To get back on topic, your earlier theory and the standard "the enemy of my enemy is my friend" idea make the most sense as explanations for their behavior.

All this, for a religion so antithetical to their beliefs, just because of their hatred for another religion and of conservatives.

This may be the best example of all, of how commitment to a hardcore partisan ideology distorts thought process and flies directly in the face of common sense.

Perhaps the commonality between the two is simply a fierce hatred of freedom of speech. This is something the illiberal leftists and Islamists share.

This is the truth: "It seems to me that authoritarian [reactionary righties] operate under the principle that as long as they stand little probability of being a victim, other people's deaths really don't matter at all. The important issue is conforming to the authoritarian [far right rectionary] group think."
Yes, from the left wing perspective.

The fact is, both ends are guilty of that behavior, but both only think the other side does it.
Authoritarians right and left try to make America conform to their opinions.

This is the truth: "It seems to me that authoritarian [reactionary righties] operate under the principle that as long as they stand little probability of being a victim, other people's deaths really don't matter at all. The important issue is conforming to the authoritarian [far right rectionary] group think."

The fact is, both ends are guilty of that behavior, but both only think the other side does it.
Then why did you replace one with the other?

Never mind, I know why, it's a rhetorical question.

:) You have not a clue but that's OK.

Ironic.

Ironic.
You make my point

Perhaps the commonality between the two is simply a fierce hatred of freedom of speech. This is something the illiberal leftists and Islamists share.
Sure, "say the wrong thing and we'll punish you" is the clear similarity.

The rest is just very, very interesting.

Sure, "say the wrong thing and we'll punish you" is the clear similarity. The rest is just very, very interesting..
You are conflating Freedom of Expression with free speech. You have every right to say that Islam is wrong in America, and everyone has the same right to tell you are full of gas.

Sure, "say the wrong thing and we'll punish you" is the clear similarity. The rest is just very, very interesting..
You are conflating Freedom of Expression with free speech. You have every right to say that Islam is wrong in America, and everyone has the same right to tell you are full of gas.
No, I keep the two separated regularly, and I have many times pointed out that PC is a cultural issue, not a constitutional issue.

I realize you have to defend the Regressive Left and PC, but please misrepresent someone else's opinions, thanks.

Mac1958, you do no such thing, but that is OK. That's you.

Okie dokie, here you go Jake!

Post 115: PC Speech Is Against The First Amendment
Political Correctness is not a First Amendment issue, it's a cultural issue.

A group of dishonest narcissists have decided to use your own Freedom of Speech against you, by exercising their Freedom of Speech to punish and intimidate people from using words that scare them.

Sure, it goes against the spirit of Freedom of Speech, but they don't care. Remember, the Constitution was just written by a bunch of rich white slave rapists anyway!

This is cultural, not Constitutional.

Post 2: Freedom of Speech vs. Political Correctness
Political Correctness is not a constitutional issue, it's a cultural issue.

The PC Police aren't robbing you of your right to speak freely. What they have done instead is create a culture of intimidation and "consequences" for anyone who says anything they don't like. Does that work against the spirit of freedom of speech? Yes. But it's not about the Constitution.

"I may not agree with what you say, but I'll defend your right to say it" is not on their minds. They want to shut you up, and they'll find a way to do it.

Just for you. I always love rubbing the Regressive Left's noses in their lies.

Thanks for yet another opportunity. But that is okay. That's you. Thank you for being you!

:itsok:

Last edited:
The far right who think Freedom of Expression is Free Speech are the narcissists.

we can all agree that you poor whiny fucks were totally railroaded by tha libruls.

We were railroaded, certainly (which you think is a good thing) but there were certainly no liberals involved in doing it. That's the entire problem.
you should sue! this perceived injustice must be challenged. btw, i never approved of railroading.

we can all agree that you poor whiny fucks were totally railroaded by tha libruls.

We were railroaded, certainly (which you think is a good thing) but there were certainly no liberals involved in doing it. That's the entire problem.
you should sue! this perceived injustice must be challenged. btw, i never approved of railroading.

You should learn

You are obviously too ignorant to know what liberalism entails.

They certainly are putting great effort into deflecting from the point of the thread, aren't they?

Always a good sign. And I say "always" because it happens so frequently.

death.....taxes......nasty little authoritarians acting like nasty little authoritarians.

You should learn

good show. thx 4 sharing.

You should learn

good show. thx 4 sharing.

and thanks for all the gloating over the censorship of ideas critical of Islam that you cannot tolerate.

You folks are doing a better job of proving the op than I could have ever imagined.

Forum List

Back